Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,499 members, 7,978,659 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 12:05 PM

In Applying For A Job Through E-mail, Should We Forward Only The CV. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / In Applying For A Job Through E-mail, Should We Forward Only The CV. (1033 Views)

Click To Download The CV Template That Has Won Over 1000 Job Interviews! / The CV That “works” In Nigeria – Adenike Fadina / Wrong Phone Number On The CV I Sent To Conoil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Applying For A Job Through E-mail, Should We Forward Only The CV. by santokss: 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2012
Hello house, i need to know. In a situation that you are requested to apply for a postion/vacancy by sending your cv to a given E-mail ID. Will it be advisable to send in application letter(as the message of the mail) along with the attached CV or send only the CV. Please, i need clarification on this. Thanks!
Re: In Applying For A Job Through E-mail, Should We Forward Only The CV. by 1forall: 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2012
I'd say it's always better to include your application letter (also called a cover letter) as the email message. It's the right thing to do.
Re: In Applying For A Job Through E-mail, Should We Forward Only The CV. by Dimples316(f): 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2012
Follow the instructions given that's what a friend in HR once said to me.

If you see send your cv to ......... then just send in the cv alone.

If instructions say send in your application and cv then go ahead and do that.
Re: In Applying For A Job Through E-mail, Should We Forward Only The CV. by santokss: 10:51pm On Jun 06, 2012
Thanks guys,
@forall; av u done such before and u are called for a test? Pls mind u, a cover letter / application letter was not mentioned in the ad. Thanks for ur reply to this.

@Dimples 316; what will be written as an accompanying message with the cv if the cover letter is not included? I await ur reply thanks for ur response.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Teaching Job In Ibadan / Sales Girl Or Boy Require For Immediate Employment / Nimc Calling For A Make-up Test ( Urgently ) - YOU HAVE JUST 24 HOUR TO APPLY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.