Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,924 members, 7,918,992 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:15 PM

Parachute Not Deployed In Ill-fated Dana Aircraft - Why - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Parachute Not Deployed In Ill-fated Dana Aircraft - Why (1055 Views)

Embarrassing Way Some Nigerians Boarded An Aircraft Today / Why Don't Airplanes Have Parachute Systems? / Citations Of Crashed Dana Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parachute Not Deployed In Ill-fated Dana Aircraft - Why by adex2000ng(m): 8:28am On Jun 07, 2012
Each time I board an aircraft (local or int'l) as part of safety awareness, air hostesses/hosts demonstrate how parachutes available to each persenger could be deployed in case of emergency.

Now I just had a thought over the incident of the ill-fated DANA aircraft. Knowing fully well that the pilot and crew on board perceived there was a problem they were trying to overcome, why was it that they failed to encourage the persengers to practicalised the parachute? Don't you think some souls would have been saved in that process rather than lost everybody in flames. Or is the parachute a fancy gadget in the aircraf?

Pls fellow Niralanders I want you to genuinely educate us on this, knowing fully well that there are some GURUs in-house. I am just curious. Thanks

NB: I will appreciate if moderator/seun puts this on Front page
Re: Parachute Not Deployed In Ill-fated Dana Aircraft - Why by Vicjustice: 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2012
adex2000ng: Each time I board an aircraft (local or int'l) as part of safety awareness, air hostesses/hosts demonstrate how parachutes available to each persenger could be deployed in case of emergency.

Now I just had a thought over the incident of the ill-fated DANA aircraft. Knowing fully well that the pilot and crew on board perceived there was a problem they were trying to overcome, why was it that they failed to encourage the persengers to practicalised the parachute? Don't you think some souls would have been saved in that process rather than lost everybody in flames. Or is the parachute a fancy gadget in the aircraf?

Pls fellow Niralanders I want you to genuinely educate us on this, knowing fully well that there are some GURUs in-house. I am just curious. Thanks

Are you sure that you are not mistaking the life-vests (that are located under seats in case of emergency landing in water) for Parachutes? grin cheesy
What airliner is it that deploys parachute for passengers, is that an F16 Fighter or a B45 Bomber?
Re: Parachute Not Deployed In Ill-fated Dana Aircraft - Why by kpolli(m): 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
adex2000ng: Each time I board an aircraft (local or int'l) as part of safety awareness, air hostesses/hosts demonstrate how parachutes available to each persenger could be deployed in case of emergency.

Which airline Biko? Lemme make them my preferred airline
Re: Parachute Not Deployed In Ill-fated Dana Aircraft - Why by tEsLim(m): 9:14am On Jun 08, 2012
LOL na helicopter we dey talk about? Nobody deploys parachutes from an airbus lol. HOw them wan open door? Open door lason plan go loose more pressure and direction/altitutde every self. The life best is mostly for crash landing in water lol .. just a flot. And the other one that drops is for air for you to breathe normal when the plane looses pressure.
Re: Parachute Not Deployed In Ill-fated Dana Aircraft - Why by Vicjustice: 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2012

What "local or international" airlines did you board that demonstrate the availability of parachutes? Please, answer

(1) (Reply)

Hw Much Is Flight Ticket Frm Abj 2 Lag? N Ph 2 Lag / Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air” / This Influential American Claims Lagos Is The Worst Place To Visit On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.