Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,352 members, 7,950,728 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:36 PM

Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai (9025 Views)

Kayode Fayemi And His Friends In Their Youthful Days / Photo Of Governor Adams Oshiomhole And His Friends Jogging On The Road / Pictures Of His Friends Killed In Yobe College Of Agric. Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by drzed: 6:26pm On Jun 08, 2012
nuclearboy:

Yes, he was! But you used past tense! For some reason, he left of his own violition and we all know the easier path would have been to stay and be getting cash, contracts and goodwill!

The greatest testimony a man can give is "the things I did, I do no more"! So yes, he was part (?) of the problem before but at least he has "repented"! Would you rather he goes back to PDP, gets a parastatal and starts sodomizing Nigeria again?

Opposition is part of governance and at least, all he said above makes sense!

Brilliant response.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by nerodenero: 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
I dont like politicians because they are bunch of liars but do we really have any politician in this country who doesnt have some 'skeletons'?I doubt very much.That is why it is pertinent for the Country and its leaders to always abide by rule of law and to punish anybody found wanting so that we wont have to point accusing fingers as in the case of Mallam who I think was also a corrupt Minister under PDP.Aside this,the Mallam said it all.He is just on point.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by drzed: 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2012
Kobojunkie: This man needs to do some shutting up and cleaning up of his image first. Na so so El Rufai this and El Rufai that we dey read month after month. He was part of the same leading party at one time, and PDP was no good even then. So the last many want to hear is him preaching to them now of what they have always known of PDP.

I think granting an interview where he speaks the truth about state of affairs in Nigeria qualifies as one way of 'cleaning up his image'. Assuming the image was 'dirty' in the first place.

He was even honest enough to admit that Jonathan can contest in 2015, when he could easily have condemned it. He could have criticised Edwin Clark for suggesting it, but he didnt. If someone says the truth, his past or his present circumstance is irrelevant. What more should he do to clean his image...swim inside a bucket of detergent?

Anyway, if you have other ideas of 'cleaning up his image'..you may kindly enlighten us.

cheers

1 Like

Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by 12345DKO(m): 6:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
If I say make you shout Ole even thief go follow they shout Ole.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by werepeLeri: 6:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
When this armed robber Rufai was minister - he sold government land to his family and friends, and when asked why he did so, he retorted, do they want him to sell and allocate land to his enemies. See what the thin faced mallam is now saying.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2012
drzed:

I think granting an interview where he speaks the truth about state of affairs in Nigeria qualifies as one way of 'cleaning up his image'. Assuming the image was 'dirty' in the first place.

He was even honest enough to admit that Jonathan can contest in 2015, when he could easily have condemned it. He could have criticised Edwin Clark for suggesting it, but he didnt. If someone says the truth, his past or his present circumstance is irrelevant. What more should he do to clean his image...swim inside a bucket of detergent?

Anyway, if you have other ideas of 'cleaning up his image'..you may kindly enlighten us.

cheers

For the umpteenth time, I don't think like you do, and I don't have any desires to do such in my lifetime. I don't believe that by simply granting an interview, or 1000's of them a year, cleans up his image or makes him a new man. I don't think re-iterating truths we have known of, long before he even dreamt of leaving PDP makes him a better man. Read that interview over and tell me what NEW TRUTH he is revealing there to you or yours? Cause I sure don't see any new truth in that? And none since he started his PDP-Bashfest since they kicked him out.

I don't think simply leaving the PDP, and then inundating us with interview, after interview, with him bashing the same PDP, in whose glory he basked in years prior, reveals him a new man.

Again . . . .
This man needs to do some shutting up and cleaning up of his image first. Na so so El Rufai this and El Rufai that we dey read month after month. He was part of the same leading party at one time, and PDP was no good even then. So the last many want to hear is him preaching to them now of what they have always known of PDP.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by Revolva(m): 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2012
El rufai is on point and right jare don't mind those yeye nairalanders who left their thinking cap for bathroom
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by Tyche(m): 7:04pm On Jun 08, 2012
Oh yes he did, the same way you did as FCT minister.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by nagoma(m): 7:04pm On Jun 08, 2012
scribble: 419 mallam wey allocate property give him family for Abuja because he was minister.

This man is a joke

Other ministers allocate fuel subsidy. There is no Nigerian minister from 1999 to date who did not "allocate" something to his family. The difference is theat El- Rufa'i really worked. If you happen to be in Abuja in those years.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by dayokanu(m): 7:17pm On Jun 08, 2012
Can any good come out of Retardeens govt?
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by kasiem(m): 7:29pm On Jun 08, 2012
i won't be surprised to see sylva standing as an activist when he's finally frustrated out of pdp.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by wolejoshua: 7:34pm On Jun 08, 2012
Where was Mallam's emotional intelligence when he was demolishing peoples houses and allocating their lands to rich(family or friend).

Mallam doesn't need to divorce his sympathy for the boko boyz before becoming a self aclaimed nationalist over night.

I hope Tinubu will learn from pass politician's mistake before any Alliance with CPC.

Well,Mallam should keep it up,am watching his image rebranding process with keen interest. He is one of the reasonable politician from North save for his past.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by uceee(m): 7:36pm On Jun 08, 2012
Well.......what can I say? Irrespective of his reasons for saying the things he said, or his reputation, he said the truth as he sees it and he said it intelligently. We need intelligent rulers who have excellent analytical powers.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by Ozonna(m): 7:37pm On Jun 08, 2012
So even Obasanjo,IBB,Atiku,OGD,Akala,Chimaroke,etc should also come out and criticize dis government so that we'll also label them as "REPENTANTS". He who must come to equity,must come with clean hands.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2012
kasiem: i won't be surprised to see sylva standing as an activist when he's finally frustrated out of pdp.

Exactly!! cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy We go get people wey go come preach sermon too of how the man don born again because im "leave" PDP.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by kasiem(m): 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Exactly!! cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy We go get people wey go come preach sermon too of how the man don born again because im "leave" PDP.
nor be person tell us say abacha na correct saint? Forget about this site and their stupidity
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by abacus(m): 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2012
P406:

Point of correction the man was chased out.
Audu Ogbe, was he chased out?
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by hotsturvs: 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
El Rufai, a bad case of "sour grapes" syndrome
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by lukkie(m): 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
Mallam, On point noo ni.

I agree with you.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by hubreality(m): 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2012
Ess: Nice interview,full of integrity and no fear.
Kobojunkie- You ought to give him the benefit of the doubt because he had all the chance to continue with PDP and corrupt his way as is the norm within the caucus. but he chose to opt out. Besides is he saying the facts or not?

Which integrity? He can't be trusted a bit... Politically twisted bitter politician. Let him lay off tribalism and religious hatred that are worst than clamored corruption.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by kokoA(m): 10:58pm On Jun 08, 2012
hubreality:

Which integrity? He can't be trusted a bit... Politically twisted bitter politician. Let him lay off tribalism and religious hatred that are worst than clamored corruption.
saying El-rufai is a tribalist or fanatic shows your level of ignorance about this man. Those of us that live in Abuja know him better. This is thesame man who during his tenure as minister ordered all mousque to stop using very loud speakers when praying. Since el-rufai left, abuja is now gradually turning into an 'oshodi' of the old.. We still have el-rufai buses conveying people around abuja, which other minister after him can boast of a transport project? Some Nigerians just sit in the comfort of their houses and throw insult at people they hardly know.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by P406: 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2012
abacus:
Audu Ogbe, was he chased out?

yes, i don't think you have followed naija politics.
Audu Ogbe as party chairman said pdp could do no wrong as soon as
he fell out of favour with Baba and was shoved aside his blind eyes
were opened, the crook joins another party and declared pdp a band of rogue with no ideas.
IMO very very hilarious............
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by hubreality(m): 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2012
kokoA: saying El-rufai is a tribalist or fanatic shows your level of ignorance about this man. Those of us that live in Abuja know him better. This is thesame man who during his tenure as minister ordered all mousque to stop using very loud speakers when praying. Since el-rufai left, abuja is now gradually turning into an 'oshodi' of the old.. We still have el-rufai buses conveying people around abuja, which other minister after him can boast of a transport project? Some Nigerians just sit in the comfort of their houses and throw insult at people they hardly know.

In your own opinion sha. We don't need a prophet or you in Abuja Aso rock with him to read or know the tone of his recent tribalistic and politically twisted posts on facebook and news article sites against GEJ, the South, and the govt because of his 2015 political ambition. This same man rated Gen. Buhari and IBB as expired to be in Govt or contest to be earlier before 2011 elections while he was relevant then with the present Govt, but what's the story today?
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by NEROSKY(m): 11:53pm On Jun 08, 2012
mallam!!! You've spoken well..but do you have a clean sheet during your own reign?
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by PeterKbaba: 11:58pm On Jun 08, 2012
WHY WE MOST VOTE FASHOLA AS PRESIDENT......... YOU MOST WATCH THIS PLS AND COMPARE A LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR TO THE PRESENT PRESIDENT!!!!!
WHY WE MOST VOTE FASHOLA AS PRESIDENT......... YOU MOST WATCH THIS PLS AND COMPARE A LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR TO THE PRESENT PRESIDENT!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbw__jP7zXc&feature=BFa&list=UUh_x1EANObKl_UwkVaAiq-Q
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by velo10: 1:31am On Jun 09, 2012
I like this interview by Nasir el-Rufai. Very unbiased
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by Kobojunkie: 1:52am On Jun 09, 2012
kasiem: nor be person tell us say abacha na correct saint? Forget about this site and their stupidity

Na wa ooo!!! I read someone I even thought was above this, at least to some extent, try to persuade us that Abiola, by going to Jail, after his friends turned on him, was able to atone for his sins of bilking Millions of Nigerians of a bright future.

We seriously need a mentality change in this country.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by kasiem(m): 2:30am On Jun 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Na wa ooo!!! I read someone I even thought was above this, at least to some extent, try to persuade us that Abiola, by going to Jail, after his friends turned on him, was able to atone for his sins of bilking Millions of Nigerians of a bright future.

We seriously need a mentality change in this country.
weren't u here d day people were calling obj a saint just because he said that there are thieves in national assembly? Who nor know, nor go know.
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by niyitogun(m): 3:32am On Jun 09, 2012
scribble: 419 mallam wey allocate property give him family for Abuja because he was minister.

This man is a joke

As much as we all have sentiments, objectively I think what el rufai achieved in transforming d FCT, ministers after him haven't achieved half of it....I truly respect the guy
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by niyitogun(m): 3:38am On Jun 09, 2012
senben: In as much as I agree with El-rufai I must say He is one of those frustrated politicians who when in power impacted little or nothing and suffering to the people but because they out of the system now they speak as if they are saints.

Sorry to say this, but you are ignorant about that...simply ask people who live in Abuja who their best ever minister was, and the one that had the most impact...till then#
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by StarrMatthieu: 3:47am On Jun 09, 2012
much appreciated
Re: Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai by ziccoit: 6:10am On Jun 09, 2012
P406:

Point of correction the man was chased out.

Ribadu was chased out too but made a last minute u-turn. Give it to him, the man is a man of integrity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

External Reserves Hit 2017 High At $30.56bn / 2019: APC Speaks Ahead Of Buhari’s Campaign Flag-off In Akwa Ibom / Yahaya Bello: There Are Saboteurs In Buhari's Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.