Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,091 members, 7,909,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 04:35 PM

Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. (4668 Views)

Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) / What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) / Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by buildelicool(m): 11:49pm On Jun 08, 2012
Nairalanders i need an advice from the elderly and the experienced on which of the following choice should be first. Iam a salary earner and in my early 30s.I have managed to save up to a million naira. Am now confuse on which of the following projects to execute first, Is it a car, marriage or better apartment, which should come first.
Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by brownusagirl(f): 12:14am On Jun 09, 2012
buildelicool: Nairalanders i need an advice from the elderly and the experienced on which of the following choice should be first. Iam a salary earner and in my early 30s.I have managed to save up to a million naira. Am now confuse on which of the following projects to execute first, Is it a car, marriage or better apartment, which should come first.
a car to drive to work. Then a house to make a home. Then a spouse to share your home with.

5 Likes

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by Nobody: 3:43am On Jun 09, 2012
brownusagirl: a car to drive to work. Then a house to make a home. Then a spouse to share your home with.
Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by moshoodn(m): 4:55am On Jun 09, 2012
CAR. . . APARTMENT. . . WIFEY.

THATS A LOGICAL SEQUENCE.

1 Like

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by banmaster(m): 7:28am On Jun 09, 2012
apartment first then car before marriage !!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by xyloxloto(m): 7:40am On Jun 09, 2012
looking at this LOGICALLY -CAR , APARTMENT then A WIFE can be justified very easily
Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 09, 2012
I thnk u nid a good apatment first, then get a car and ur marriage will b very sweet! U will nid d car during d marriage and u ar gong t setle n d house afta marriage.

1 Like

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by surveycash(m): 8:19am On Jun 09, 2012
Read the title in reverse..

3 Likes

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by Deprofessional(m): 10:42am On Jun 09, 2012
Bros listen, learn from the elders in this forum, If your money can do all these at the same time, please do them. Otherwise let car be the last thing in that scale. If a girl refuses to marry you because you don't have a car, then she is not your wife.

Please don't forget this, in your search for a wife look for a resourceful woman. Looks does not matter now. What is paramount is a homely and resourceful woman. I did and I have rest of mind. I am still in my honey moon after a year and two months of marriage.

Regards.

12 Likes

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by tanimola22: 11:01am On Jun 09, 2012
Deprofessional: Bros listen, learn from the elders in this forum, If your money can do all these at the same time, please do them. Otherwise let car be the last thing in that scale. If a girl refuses to marry you because you don't have a car, then she is not your wife.

Please don't forget this, in your search for a wife look for a resourceful woman. Looks does not matter now. What is paramount is a homely and resourceful woman. I did and I have rest of mind. I am still in my honey moon after a year and two months of marriage.

Regards.

But chairman, how can I get attracted to a lady that has got no looks? As in, what first appeals to a guy is a lady's physique, no?

T22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by tpia5: 11:02am On Jun 09, 2012
If you dont have anyone you' re dating at the moment, then buy the car and start on the apartment.

1 Like

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by mcnepow(m): 11:26am On Jun 09, 2012
tanimola22:

But chairman, how can I get attracted to a lady that has got no looks? As in, what first appeals to a guy is a lady's physique, no?

T22
Chairman^2, he said looks shuldnt be d most important. I tink it shuld go dis way - of all d 'chics with looks dat appeal' u come across, pick d most homely n resourceful n every oda tin will be added unto u! wink

1 Like

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by tpia5: 11:32am On Jun 09, 2012
But if marital stability is important to you, look for a wife first so you can access her character properly.

2 Likes

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by tanimola22: 11:38am On Jun 09, 2012
mcnepow:
Chairman^2, he said looks shuldnt be d most important. I tink it shuld go dis way - of all d 'chics with looks dat appeal' u come across, pick d most homely n resourcely n every oda tin will be added unto u! wink

Hmmm, this na strategic strategy O. Thank you. Indeed, I have heard that some people have a good combination of all.

T22

1 Like

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by mcnepow(m): 11:51am On Jun 09, 2012
tanimola22:

Hmmm, this na strategic strategy O. Thank you. Indeed, I have heard that some people have a good combination of all.

T22
They are hard to come by. met 1 or 2, dia shakara no be here ooo.
Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by Alamutatalo: 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2012
Let me advice u based on experience
Was in same shoe with u about a year ago,decided to go for a car first
I got myself a very nice car and enjoyed it for exactly 2mths b4 the engine knocked
Ended up spending my savings for the next 7mths doing one thing or the other on the car
To cut a long story short,lost my job,no savings,no apartment,no wife and car finally broke down
I'm knw back in my parents house and square one.If I had the choice to do it over again,
Apartment(well furnished),small business,moderate wedding then car.
Pls and Pls listen to me cos I've been dr.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by nitrogen(m): 9:27pm On Jun 10, 2012
Alamutatalo: Let me advice u based on experience
Was in same shoe with u about a year ago,decided to go for a car first
I got myself a very nice car and enjoyed it for exactly 2mths b4 the engine knocked
Ended up spending my savings for the next 7mths doing one thing or the other on the car
To cut a long story short,lost my job,no savings,no apartment,no wife and car finally broke down
I'm knw back in my parents house and square one.If I had the choice to do it over again,
Apartment(well furnished),small business,moderate wedding then car.
Pls and Pls listen to me cos I've been dr.
Funny but your pain is felt, but why not apartment first, car, wedding and lastly a small business.

P.S. What didnt work for someone may work for another person, we are all different. So follow your mind, if it lands you into trouble, well, you'll have to try again.

2 Likes

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by tpia5: 10:54pm On Jun 10, 2012
^ true talk.
Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by PrettyCindy(f): 6:29am On Jun 11, 2012
Op be wise so you wouldn't end up making the wrong decision.
If i am in shoes, a moderately furnished 2 bedroom apartment, a not too expensive car followed by a wife (moderate ceremony).
The house comes first because you need a decent home to accommodate your wife, and you know she can get pregnant any time.

The car will be useful to you especially during the marriage and wedding preparations for running around and of course it will still be useful after the wedding.

1 Like

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by nitrogen(m): 7:24am On Jun 11, 2012
PrettyCindy: Op be wise so you wouldn't end up making the wrong decision.
If i am in shoes, a moderately furnished 2 bedroom apartment, a not too expensive car followed by a wife (moderate ceremony).
The house comes first because you need a decent home to accommodate your wife, and you know she can get pregnant any time.

The car will be useful to you especially during the marriage and wedding preparations for running around and of course it will still be useful after the wedding.
Chai! Ladies and wedding ceremonies, hardly could not words like wife, wedding, home, be found in each paragraph of your post. Oga o. Anyway, una need am.

2 Likes

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by bisi16(m): 8:34am On Jun 11, 2012
brownusagirl: a car to drive to work. Then a house to make a home. Then a spouse to share your home with.
Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 11, 2012
In order,

Apartment > car > marriage.

First you need a place to stay with full privacy. If you live with your parents, that's a no no especially if you're contemplating marriage. It's a necessity.
Then get a car for easier mobility; for work, social life, etc. If you're contemplating marriage and kids, you'll want a comfortable mobility. It's not a necessity, but it comes with lots of pros.
Then you can go with marriage. You have a nice setting to build up your marriage and to offer you and your family privacy. Plus you have a car.

1 Like

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by jmoore(m): 9:51am On Jun 11, 2012
Wife>> then get a better apartment later>> Cars are not really necessary considering the fact that you just saved up to a million naira. Settle for public transport for now and buy the car later when more money comes in

1 Like

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by yamakuza: 10:18am On Jun 11, 2012
Its a pity he has just about N1m.

N1.5m would have covered all 3 just about adequately.

Considering how long it took to save said sum, a better apartment can come into play if and only if, marriage is in the offing. Otherwise, the money is better spent on an investment/asset and not on a liability.

N1m/3 = N333k each for house, car and wedding. Not good enough.

Choose 2 and postpone the 3rd.

N500k house (if marrying before rent expires) + N500k wedding

or

N500k car (if no babe in sight) + N500k business/savings

#2yr Plan
Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by MissIfe(f): 11:36am On Jun 11, 2012
Invest some of the money to set up a small business first. Jobs don't last forever, it's better to broaden your source of income while your can still do it. Apartment, cars and wife will come easy once you are properly settled.

1 Like

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by MissyB3(f): 4:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
Apartment . . .Marriage . . .Car.
Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by 2mch(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
Car(manageable one with just a fraction of the money), Business(manageable one with 2/3 of the money), then later you get an apartment and then a wife. No woman will respect you if you cant provide. grin cheesy. They will only pretend until after the marriage and then all the yawa will start. Dont try to feed two mouths on N1m. Its too small. This is the time future wifey should be using to be resourceful and not waiting for you to do everything. You can actually both put money down for the apartment and then marry.
Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by Bontee: 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
Business, apartment and wife.

1 Like

Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by banmaster(m): 10:37am On Jul 21, 2012
mcnepow:
Chairman^2, he said looks shuldnt be d most important. I tink it shuld go dis way - of all d 'chics with looks dat appeal' u come across, pick d most homely n resourceful n every oda tin will be added unto u! wink

What if all †ђξ once that comes he's ways are not going looking buh one, and †ђξ only one loves him coz he got a  ??
Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by Digriz(m): 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
I was in d same situation as d poster abt a year ago bt nw i hv secured a decent apartment. Nw am confused on which to choose first btw marriage/wedding and a car,mobility is affecting my social life especialy wt my girl. She wnts me to buy a car first bt am nt a high salary earner so am contemplating going for marriage first and then buy a car immediately afta dat.
APARTMENT>CAR>MARRIAGE is d best order if u hv d resources bt i wl advice d poster 2 secure an apartment first followed by marriage and a car last.
Re: Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. by simtosul: 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
Apartment - Marriage - Car. I think dats d wisest thing to do, my own opinion sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Best Ways To Deal With Your Enemies / Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman / Help! How Can I Deal With A Difficult Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.