Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,153 members, 7,890,890 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:15 PM

Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! (6460 Views)

Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing / Super Eagles Suffers Shock Defeat To Uganda In Uyo / Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Krucifax(m): 6:55am On Jun 10, 2012
Coming into tonight's HBO pay-per-view bout between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley, I had predicted Bradley would take the upset decision. However, I didn't see it going down like it did.

Manny Pacquiao seemed to dominate the fight against Timothy Bradley from the opening round. While there were a few (3-4) rounds that seemed like the could be scored for Bradley, it seemed impossible by the time the final bell had sounded that Tim had done nearly enough to take a decision, but that's exactly what happened.

Pacquiao's key punch the entire fight was the hard straight left hand and his powerful blows were certainly more telling than Bradley's much lighter shots. Beyond the quality and power of the shots landed, Pacquiao dominated in terms of actual punches landed and accuracy.

While Bradley was more than willing to exchange and get into ill-advised firefights, the fight appeared to clearly not be going his way.

However, when the official scorecards were read, after the first 115-114, Michael Buffer said "Pacquiao" which meant we had a split decision. The next card was 115-114 for Bradley. Despite all certainty that the final card would see Manny's hand raised, Buffer once again said Bradley, giving Tim the split decision win.

It's a shocking result and one that makes very little sense given Manny's status as the "money fighter" in the bout. Normally the robberies go to the guy whose win brings in more money for the promoters, but that wasn't what happened tonight. Manny Pacquiao is a worldwide star while Bradley is a lighter hitting, mostly unknown fighter who isn't really even a welterweight. Culled from online news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kULJ_WjVuI0
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by simps(m): 9:16am On Jun 10, 2012
I missed watching the match!!! Was it last night?
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by babyboy3(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2012
Ojoro of the HIGHEST ORDER (115-113)

all of them should be 118-110 but since Pacman's win over Marquez was debatable but its was a one sided fight am sorry am not a fan of Pacman but he won that fight hands down even Bradley and his crew didnt expect the result
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Gudiza(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2012
A lot of people say its a sad day for boxing. The guy (bradley) from what I hear didn't expect to win and even admitted it to a reporter. It's a shame really.
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2012
Barbaric Sport!
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by fredoooooo: 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
the most useless sport on earth , useless bunch of promoters that decide fight even before it happen , why not just manage it the way wrestling is been managed , ateleast we will all know that its all entertainment .........Rubbish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Nasri100(m): 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
Hate cheating in sports seriously.
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2012
crazy night it was angry
right after the celtics got beat
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by sadyeek(m): 2:12pm On Jun 10, 2012
[size=16pt]I couldn't believe it, I didn't want it to happen! Argghhhhh!![/size]
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by sadyeek(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2012
[size=16pt]the first judge scored 115-113 in fav of manny, the other 2 was 113-115 in fav of bradley! Can you imagine?? From where I don't know!? Manny take style mss up small sha, he was somewhat slow, and waited too late to try to throw in some punches!

After 7 years just like that one underdog bradley just put sand sand inside this guy garri!
[/size]
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by hasyak(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2012
baby-boy:
Ojoro of the HIGHEST ORDER (115-113)

all of them should be 118-110 but since Pacman's win over Marquez was debatable but its was a one sided fight am sorry am not a fan of Pacman but he won that fight hands down even Bradley and his crew didnt expect the result

Against Marquez of the 3 fights they fought, i believe Marquez won 2 of them and nobody came here and say "cheating". what is go is good goose is also good for the
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by rastamouse: 2:30pm On Jun 10, 2012
I listened to Bob Arum after the winner was declared. After going "blah blah blah" on why Pacman was cheated, he announced that there will be a rematch in November adding "that fight will give me a lot of money."

All these guys are criminals including Pacman. This was staged and the only losers here are those who paid to watch and are going to pay again in November to watch the rematch!
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by sadyeek(m): 2:41pm On Jun 10, 2012
rastamouse: I listened to Bob Arum after the winner was declared. After going "blah blah blah" on why Pacman was cheated, he announced that there will be a rematch in November adding "that fight will give me a lot of money."

All these guys are criminals including Pacman. This was staged and the only losers here are those who paid to watch and are going to pay again in November to watch the rematch!

[size=16pt]you funny o! Wai, the losers are the ones that paid! Haha!![/size]
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by tinkinjo: 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2012
It is not the power behind the punch that is counted but the punch itself - so long as your punch reaches your opponent, no matter how lame, it counts!

1 Like

Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2012
Unbelievable. How did it happen? I thought Manny the PACMAN was invincible!
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Reference(m): 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2012
Wow, perhaps the biggest loser in the end will be Mayweather. The potentially biggest fight in history may just be a damp squib. And who says Packy will upend him in the rematch. His recent fights have been very dodgy.
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Myself2(m): 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2012
Very Good Result
This is what the pacman gets for refusing to take the drug tests and subsequently refusing to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr aka the Pretty Boy Money @ MGM(aka Mayweather Gets Money),now we know what he was scared of all along
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by KayDee4: 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2012
This should be inspiration for F. Mayweather jr. (whenever he gets out of jail) to fight M. Pacquiao.
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 10, 2012
Pacman got the Marquez treatment. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Limaoscar: 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2012
Unbelievable. How did it happen? I thought Manny the PACMAN was invincible!

The guy has been too distracted lately.
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by montelik(m): 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2012
Pacquiao landed 253 of 751 punches, a connect rate of 34 percent. Bradley landed 159 of 839, a connect rate of just 19 percent. On top of that, Pacquiao seemed to land the more powerful shots.

Corrupt result is an understatement. But I like it, this way Manny will now be more focus knowing he has to knock out Bradley or at least batter him, to avoid another funny decision. Also, this pothole along with Floyds present incarceration should hopefully light a fire under Mayweather and Pacman's people to get their fight done before circumstances beyond their control devalue any potential superfighht.
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Tisa: 4:43pm On Jun 10, 2012
That was nothing but pure daylight robbery. Boxing permits too much ojoro just to satisfy the sport's promoters. Let's c what will happen in November in the re-match.
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by otumfour(m): 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2012
The crowd together with Bradely had to wait for Pacquiao to finish watching the Heat vs Celtics game..... sad I don't care what y'all say but Bradley brought his A-game and I tellz ya, I have Neva seen the Pacman get humbled in the first 2 rounds of a fight before, but Bradely did tht.....like som1 stated up there, it ain't only abt how powerful u hit but also how many hits u land and Bradely gave us tht........btw Pacquiao's last fight was robbed for him if y'all claim this was......Marquez surely won tht fight, Pacman ain't no super-human....he can surely be beaten

Money May Will surely be laughing his arzz of in prison grin grin
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by zangiff(m): 4:54pm On Jun 10, 2012
Defeat
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by ddippset(m): 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2012
otumfour: The crowd together with Bradely had to wait for Pacquiao to finish watching the Heat vs Celtics game..... sad I don't care what y'all say but Bradley brought his A-game and I tellz ya, I have Neva seen the Pacman get humbled in the first 2 rounds of a fight before, but Bradely did tht.....like som1 stated up there, it ain't only abt how powerful u hit but also how many hits u land and Bradely gave us tht........btw Pacquiao's last fight was robbed for him if y'all claim this was......Marquez surely won tht fight, Pacman ain't no super-human....he can surely be beaten

Money May Will surely be laughing his arzz of in prison grin grin
yeah, laughing his arzz off and getting his arzz fvcked as well.
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by velo10: 5:50pm On Jun 10, 2012
Give Pacman to Floyd Mayweather Jnr. That's the fight the world awaits to watch. grin grin grin
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by toyeoye(m): 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2012
m sure mayweather cant b bovad any more and will most likely retire.cant wait to hear his mouthed reactn
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Lisa1: 7:45pm On Jun 10, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
velo10: Give Pacman to Floyd Mayweather Jnr. That's the fight the world awaits to watch. grin grin grin
It is amazing!
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Olalekan0(m): 8:11pm On Jun 10, 2012
I have a feeling Bob Arum arranged this,just so he could sell the re-match and make a lot of money!
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2012
simps: I missed watching the match!!! Was it last night?

Yea the scam happened last night.
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by otumfour(m): 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2012
toyeoye: m sure mayweather cant b bovad any more and will most likely retire.cant wait to hear his mouthed reactn

Makes 2 of us.....
Re: Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2012
See how the judges scored it the way they did. It is hard not to believe they were paid or coerced into throwing the fight for Bradley. I will not waste my money on the PPV next time especially if its Bradley fighting.

I had expected a bad call, but not when it was such a clear cut victory. Judges and sponsors: Let us drag this out a little longer... why? so we can wait for Mayweather to get out of jail again(or back in so we can drag it out even longer?) or so someone can make more PPV money on a rematch? They should start posting addresses of the judges rather than their names at the matches... beat then they would call an honest fight. I am sure bookmakers are pounding the streets looking for the judges and/or loved ones. LOL. .

You could hear fans including black folks booing at Bradley. Oh the good thing is, I got $3,575 richer from the fight(Bet) smiley but still scam is scam. Even Bradley knew its scam. . Bradley won round 3/12 only. . I felt bad for Manny, he is really a cool guy

(1) (2) (Reply)

2odds Sure Win In Bet9ja / Free Bet9ja Code For Tomorrow And Next accumulated games.z78p8rjl Good Luck / Daily Tips Wit T&T @ 1.50 To 5 Odd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.