Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,382 members, 7,881,373 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:00 PM

Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash (8448 Views)

Google Has Banned Me From Using Their Services On My Android. / Nokia Unveils Asha 205, 205 Dual-SIM Qwerty Handsets / Mobile Phones ("GSM Handsets") Approved by the NCC for use in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by mystikal(m): 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
Is this peculiar to just Nigerians?
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by sadyeek(m): 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
sunjetg:

U might be right but imagine your loved one(God Forbid though)burning in that carnage and all people could do was to have fun covering the scene just upload.

[size=16pt]who told you its fun? the are doing their own piece of journalism. It it was nta or ait that was there what do you think they will do?

Infact, if it was you what will you do? Jump into a flaming plane to pull people out? Weldone rambo!

Its natural instincts, if they could have saved people they would have, they couldn't so they did what they could, film..
[/size]
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by crackhouse(m): 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2012
Depot: Imagine a young nigerian lady walked in2 my shop,showed me a video of when her girl frnd ws having sex in skul dat she'll pay me 2 circulate d video dat she's no longer in gud terms wit d gal.
now i get it. So u were the one that posted that video eh.
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by emmaBS(m): 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2012
saints_1: God bless you. A food for thought for all to ponder on as everyone of us is guity. Thanks all the same.

I know someone who is not guilty.
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by sunjetg: 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
sadyeek:

[size=16pt]who told you its fun? the are doing their own piece of journalism. It it was nta or ait that was there what do you think they will do?

Infact, if it was you what will you do? Jump into a flaming plane to pull people out? Weldone rambo!

Its natural instincts, if they could have saved people they would have, they couldn't so they did what they could, film..
[/size]

Perhaps u didnt see people who snapped pictures posing with the wreckage.
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by Yvvette(f): 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
Is it just me or did u read,''blame topic'' as well?!
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by pinkrex(m): 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
sadyeek:

[size=16pt]shut up! Without coverage how do people know what is going on!? Then tell us what are you suppose to use them for?
The arab spring that happend would it have happpend if the people that filmed it didn't, say they dropped their phones and help to put muhammad that set him self on fire out, or cover the protest that what happening, or videos of people shot or molested by authorites! How would the world know what is happening??

P.s
I am not saying 10 people arrive at an accident and 10 people take out their phones and film, maybe 2 and others help!
[/size]
This is not so smart of you. Using subjective lines to compare sensitive is really wow. Just use it 'wisely'. just saying be
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by achi4u(m): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
@op,the advantages surpasses the disadvantages.

but we always get carried away with any new invention as a third WORLDgrin
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by onyxo76(m): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
aside the dana air crash, most of us really don't use our cell phones the right way, i was in my office earlier today when an individual came to sit along the corridor with his phone playing some very lousy beats on high volume.i had to ask the person in my office to tell to tune in down or use his ear piece.not everyone is interested in hearing"chop my money!!!" being played on your phone.
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by crackhouse(m): 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
4bobo: i worked with one very rich ,american woman, who was a trained doctor but runs school.up till now she still uses nokia 1100 , not stingy woman, though, but she will only tell u that she dont want phone that she doesnt use the functions. She only use simple phones. I think it is mentality. We do alot of competitions and under pressure to meet up. Thats why many people dont know what to do with the phone feauture. Our atitude needs to be changed individually.
u work with one rich American woman as an office cleaner or house boy?. Which one?. U better Come back to Nigeria if u don't have a good job doing over there. Holla me when u are back cos u 're gonna look after my dog back here.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by sadyeek(m): 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
[size=16pt]unconfirmed!!! With pictures and videos. Are you serious now??[/size]
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by ipasco: 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
it is not uncommon to see such tins as '"abuse" happen bt gud or bad there is always a two side to a coin, and u dnt have to condemn either parts, the dana crash, if nt for pple who broadcast it u possibly wont have hear anytin abt it today, even the dailies carry errors smetyms, as far as nw is concern,infomation spread faster on fone than any oda medium and to b unimformed is to be deformed, u rememba?
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by doctokwus: 2:13pm On Jun 11, 2012
sadyeek:

[size=16pt]shut up! Without coverage how do people know what is going on!? Then tell us what are you suppose to use them for?
The arab spring that happend would it have happpend if the people that filmed it didn't, say they dropped their phones and help to put muhammad that set him self on fire out, or cover the protest that what happening, or videos of people shot or molested by authorites! How would the world know what is happening??

P.s
I am not saying 10 people arrive at an accident and 10 people take out their phones and film, maybe 2 and others help!
[/size]
Thank u!What sort of rubbish is this,I am rather expecting to see praises on d gud these fones wt video recording functions av made to d larger society.D Op shd tell me what kind of rescue operation wud av bn carried out by untrained pple @d site of d Dana crash;infact more harm is usually done by untrained nigerian crowds @d scene of disasters,dan gud.There are agencies trained in d art of rescue/mop up operations @disaster scenes,additionally d police comes in wen its a criminal related incident,these are d people dat shudnt do any recording,less dey lose critical minutes,evidence & lives,but to say d public shd abandon dere fones& go& cause more disaster in d name of rescue is taking us back to d stone age.
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by Bioxstar(f): 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
onyxo76: aside the dana air crash, most of us really don't use our cell phones the right way, i was in my office earlier today when an individual came to sit along the corridor with his phone playing some very lousy beats on high volume.i had to ask the person in my office to tell to tune in down or use his ear piece.not everyone is interested in hearing"chop my money!!!" being played on your phone.
ℓ☺ℓ ☺
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by Esinwaju: 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2012
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by Esinwaju: 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
I download, save and watch p0rn clips using my cell phone. I use it the right way or don't I? undecided

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by doctokwus: 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
doctokwus:
Thank u!What sort of rubbish is this,I am rather expecting to see praises on d gud these fones wt video recording functions av made to d larger society.D Op shd tell me what kind of rescue operation wud av bn carried out by untrained pple @d site of d Dana crash;infact more harm is usually done by untrained nigerian crowds @d scene of disasters,dan gud.There are agencies trained in d art of rescue/mop up operations @disaster scenes,additionally d police comes in wen its a criminal related incident,these are d people dat shudnt do any recording,less dey lose critical minutes,evidence & lives,but to say d public shd abandon dere fones& go& cause more disaster in d name of rescue is taking us back to d stone age.
Evn in advanced societies,investigating agencies these days av personel whose only job @ a accident/disaster/criminal scene is to do a recording of everything,evn colleagues doing d actual investigating or mop up.D essence of dese video recordings is to av not just an idea of what happened so as to decipher d cause& prevent a reoccurence,but also to capture some scenes overlooked;additionally by recording other personel doing their own job,lapses in their work can be found out& corrected to make for better outcomes in future occurrences
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by martyns303(m): 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
sometime in 2009 the Nigerian army was forced to pay a lady the sum of N100M, why? because some1 brought out his fone and took live images of the officers physically abusing the lady. a camera fone brought that lady justice. think about it.
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by SisiKill1: 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
Jeeeedus! Why must everything be an issue??!!

Why do some people drive their car this way?

Why do some people use their leg that way?

Why do some people type on their computer thus way?

Where does this incessant need to tell others how to live their lives come from??

Use your phone any which way you want and leave others to make their own decisions. If someone uses their phone they way you don't like, carry ya eyes comot for there and look for something else to feed your eyes.

Haba!! Live and Let Live people!!

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by nwanioma(f): 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
I really don't know why the poster singled out Nigerians! It happens every where else, and what happens when there is nothing you can do about a situation? making a video or taking pictures might just be the only thing you could possibly do, both for record purposes and also as evidence!
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by ipasco: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
u dey ves oooo undecided undecided undecided
Sisi_Kill: Jeeeedus! Why must everything be an issue??!!

Why do some people drive their car this way?

Why do some people use their leg that way?

Why do some people type on their computer thus way?

Where does this incessant need to tell others how to live their lives come from??

Use your phone any which way you want and leave others to make their own decisions. If someone uses their phone they way you don't like, carry ya eyes comot for there and look for something else to feed your eyes.

Haba!! Live and Let Live people!!
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2012
Depot: Imagine a young nigerian lady walked in2 my shop,showed me a video of when her girl frnd ws having sex in skul dat she'll pay me 2 circulate d video dat she's no longer in gud terms wit d gal.
Abeg bros where d video? abeg give me.
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by doublecross(m): 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
well.....i dont find this post interesting at all......it is good to video and capture all scenes whatever the case maybe. keeps one updated wether good or bad. someone talked about saving the plane from crashing instead of capturing it....no prob...let that person try it by self. if you nairalanders are looking for who or what to save, try saving the innocent souls who are suffering in the hands of the nigerian police force.
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by abasifo(m): 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
na only God go help us

Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by snthesis(m): 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
abeg hook a bro up grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by Dimples316(f): 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
Interesting topic,

There's also another angle to the use of phones, that just feels very inappropriate to me and that is the consistent rate at which people can call your line with nothing significant to say.

Imagine having six missed calls and when you get back to whoever was calling you, they say something funny or silly like I just wanted to know how you are doing or I was in your neighbourhood and wanted to drop by sadsadsad and am thinking so you had to call six times within a space of 20 minutes when there was no emergency?

My most exasperating experience has been with bosses/co-workers who have no concept of time and respect for privacy, they call you as early as 6.30 - 7am, call late at night after close of work and just go on about issues that are not urgent and can be tackled at work the next day. I decided to start switching off my work phone at 7pm and turning it on at 8am.

I practically feel harassed when people do these things. I have a policy on phone communication which I extend to others If you call me twice and I don't answer please send a text message. I can't stand it when people begin to call a third, fourth & fifth time ignoring my request to send a text after two missed calls, especially when there is absolutely no emergency (and in all my cases there has been none).

We were doing just fine before the advent of gsm, I don't like the harassment & invasion of privacy it has brought with it. The phone has its advantages but I tend to experience the downside of it more because of how people use their phones.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2012

Say what! , why would she wanna do that
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by Emphasis(m): 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
@poster dont teach us how to use our phones... Teach us how to make good use of information.
*Attempting to rescue people from a burning/about to explode plane amounts to ATTEMPTING SUICIDE and u no its a crime to attempt suicide. ''ignorance of the law is not an excuse.''
*On the contrary @poster i think some families will love to have videos or pictures to what can be 'The Last Moment Of thier loved one(s)'.
*Besides like most people have said, this videos and pictures can pass as an evidence. There have been conflicting media report that the plane exploded on impact on the ground... Some say it took about 10-20 minutes before it exploded... How can u prove this without eyewitness, who took Pictures and videos?
*ITS NOT THE ACTION, ITS THE INTENT.
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by crackhouse(m): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
Esin waju: I download, save and watch p0rn clips using my cell phone. I use it the right way or don't I? undecided
i hope u no dey m^sturbate because 75% of people wey dey watch p0rn videos dey m^sturbate. God help u if u are among them.
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by otokx(m): 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
The benefit of social media?
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
The thread is biased. People can film, but they can equally know when to stop and assist and not just be filming all the time. There is time to draw the line.
Re: Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash by LordReed(m): 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
At the end of the film Piranha, a boy's head is bitten off and instead of going for help people stand around taking pictures and video. Art. imitates life especially in America.

So can we all stop this Nigerian this Nigerian that?

This is a phenomenon that arose first with the rise of the digital camera and now with camera phones. It has it's advantages and disadvantages. Even the reporters who race to a scene to report have to ignore the tragedy around them and relay the story. This does not make them less human or insensitive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Increases Its Data Plan Bundle Called MTN Revamp Data Plan / 10 Best Movie Apps For Free Streaming And Download Of Movies / I Have Never Seen Anything Like This In Nigeria !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.