Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,191 members, 7,950,123 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:53 AM

The Journey Of A Fresher - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Journey Of A Fresher (606 Views)

What Were The Crazy Things You Did As A Fresher In The University .. / Things A Fresher Should Know Before Resuming In A Tertiary Institution / What To Take To University As A Fresher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Journey Of A Fresher by saemmanuel(m): 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
Normally, if we are traveling to somewhere, we tend to ask questions like: Where am I going? What am I going to do? Why I am going? How will I get there? What will I gain from this journey? These are the same set of question a person who just gains admission into a university will also ask himself/herself.

Where am I going?
You are going to a university/polytechnic/college of education where their solely role is to teach and impact knowledge on you. A place where education is their major concern, in addition, they will make you a better person if you give them the chance.

What am I going to do?
You are going to study a course of your choice, even if it is not your choice but since you accept it; it has become your cross. You have to know what you are going to face, the challenges, the work and all information you will need pertaining the course. You need to believe in yourself that you are going to excel in this area of study otherwise if fear overcomes your mind, you are sure to fail. You don’t have to mind those people saying this course is hard/difficult, people who say do you think you are going to get good job in this field of yours, if they gain your attention, you are already preparing the seedbed of your failure. Note that different stages have different challenges and it requires different approach, mentality, amount of work and commitment. You have to understand this and have a better plan towards all this if you are going to be successful. Hence, have faith in yourself and ability to be successful will set in and you will surge forward.

Why am I going?
To become something in life i.e. you don’t want to be left out or be inferior among your friend/counterpart, in your community and in Nigeria as a whole. You are in there so that you can get a mean of livelihood and become a better person in the nearest future so that you won’t be a burden/nuisance to your family, community or the government.

How will you get there?
Before you can get there i.e. get to the top, you have to Sacrifice. Tread upon the path of Knowledge, buckle your shoe of Commitment, drink the water of Hard Work, tighten the belt of Faith, wore a shirt of Determination, a bag full of Energy, wore a boot that will help you kick out Distraction, submit all your Procrastinations to the dust-bin, put on a tie of Prayer and have a glass of Focus on. You will come out successful with good grade, become somebody to reckon with and also, you will be Happy with yourself. Remember, only a happy mind can be at peace and can think of good things.

http://saemmanuel.com/blog/the-journey-of-a-fresher/
Re: The Journey Of A Fresher by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
U've said it all my dear, nothin more nothin less

(1) (Reply)

Is It Pay Back Time For Wicked Lecturers / Words Of Advice!!! / L Love My Country.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.