Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,502 members, 7,904,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:32 PM

Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? (12695 Views)

First Goalscorers In Prominent Nigerian Stadiums / A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... / Pictures Of Nigeria's Stadiums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by SuyaEater(m): 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2012
mens dept:

Actually the poster seems to be more patriotic than you. Nigeria is not good enough for anyone frankly, particularly those who's lives were wasted recently....

I'm glad he is asking a fair question, which is why we cant have decent stadia in the country with all our wealth and football hype. Even the jerseys our national team wear isnt marketable, and frankly looks like a mere training kit. All the Euro jerseys, the US, Mexico, Cameroon, and a host of others have baddazz kits, except us. (Also goes for their airports)

Now of course there are more important things than jerseys and stadia, like our general complacency, childishness, and cowardice, which allows for corrupt leaders to exploit us, but as far as this topic, its a valid question.

Imagine, Abuja Stadium goes for $350 Million and no retractable roof, Haba, who is choppin our money? WHat ever happened to Sanni Lulu and Uchegbuulam and the rest who I thought EFFC arrested for corruption?

Dayum, lets stop having low standards for our country.

ANyway, whats up with that stadium they are building in Akwa Ibom?

Finally someone on the same page as I am!!! applause
Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by SuyaEater(m): 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2012
plantation: I guess dis is the most sensible post i've read so far. Even when we all thought the Abuja stadium was at its best, yet it was no were near the 1st 100stadia in the world in terms of exhilarating ultra modern facilities. We started building dat stadium at a time when korea/japan had already set out a standard on wat a modern stadium should look like, yet Abuja stadium got nowhere around even the worst of the world cup hosting stadia in those countries. Seeing some earlier posters attack the OP's honest and sincere question shows how we as Nigerians have basically accepted Mediocrity as part of our DNA. Oh, anyone ever seen the pitch of our highly coveted abuja stadium lately? For Mohammed Sake, why should we ever cast another glimpse at that stadium, after watching wat South Africa had on ground dat even stunned the world?

Well said my brother
Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by SuyaEater(m): 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2012
mens dept:

ANyway, whats up with that stadium they are building in Akwa Ibom?

Now this is what i called world class not that dull stadium in abuja they sqaundered 360 million to build.

Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by myfriend1(m): 11:17am On Jun 14, 2012
believe it or not we are half baked in terms of education, so please what do you expect ? many things we do ask us to give five merits and demerits attached to it, we can not ger you the right answer. the people involved in the stadium saga have empty pure empty brain they did not design or reason for 20 or 30 years in advance they have short sence of reasoning. thanks.
Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by Humptydumpty(f): 2:30pm On Jun 14, 2012
Nija build corct stadium? 4 whr! Na Hotelz we dey build!
Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by avobode(m): 10:09pm On Jun 14, 2012
We don't have a culture of maintenance or patriotism. There should be an outcry as to how the National stadium in Lagos has been allowed to rot and decay, but not much is said. I would think our leaders entrusted with the responsibility of contracting the building of our stadiums would want Nigeria to have the most beautiful structures, at least in Africa. But our bland secondary school stadiums pretty much summarize how little our leaders care about how we are perceived.
Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by SuyaEater(m): 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2012

1 Like

Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by mensdept: 3:50am On Jun 17, 2012
SuyaEater:

Now this is what i called world class not that dull stadium in abuja they sqaundered 360 million to build.

Fantastic! Thanks for the update
Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by bobbyjabo: 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2012
Another Okija:

Really!!

Just researched it and found out my Primary school english teach (Miss Mercy) was a diseased a'nal b'itch for teaching me otherwise..

My bad hommes..

loool...this is really funny... Take it easy on her lol
Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by omar22(m): 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2012
Abagworo: You people are just talking trash here. Nigeria has the most number of standard stadia in Africa.

Tell me which of the stadiums they used in south Africa our National stadium is better than?
Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by tegaPofficial: 11:46pm On Jun 20, 2012
Y'all shld Join Leggout..its a social network for club fans,dont miss out! www.leggout.com
Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by Nimen(m): 4:27am On Nov 08, 2014
pendusky:
When Gov Akpabio was campaigning, he promise the sport lovers in the state an olympic sized stadium, buh promise to put gud roads and entertainments galleria, weve seen a lots coming tru, and weve been told the survey of the stadium as been carried out, am sure he'll build it coz he's a promise keeper, 3 flyovers, tropicana ( a wow), more than 300 standard roads, e-library, best drainage system in west africa is built in uyo, international airport etc has been added to his credit. Dont be suprise AKWA IBOM STATE get 1st standard stadium in Nigeria...Akpabio! We wait on u!

he said it two years ago...
Baba u be prophet, send ur acct number abeg, mek ah pay ma seed
Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by Samueldo(m): 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
pendusky:
When Gov Akpabio was campaigning, he promise the sport lovers in the state an olympic sized stadium, buh promise to put gud roads and entertainments galleria, weve seen a lots coming tru, and weve been told the survey of the stadium as been carried out, am sure he'll build it coz he's a promise keeper, 3 flyovers, tropicana ( a wow), more than 300 standard roads, e-library, best drainage system in west africa is built in uyo, international airport etc has been added to his credit. Dont be suprise AKWA IBOM STATE get 1st standard stadium in Nigeria...Akpabio! We wait on u!

Today the promised has been fuffiled
Re: Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? by tck2000(m): 11:01am On Jun 07, 2019
Hm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AC Milan Sign Dalot From Man United As Full-back Moves On Season-long Loan (pix) / Salami And Emenike To Start Against South Africa / Is This The Best Super Falcons Team Ever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.