Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,316 members, 7,940,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 08:52 PM

Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller (30559 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by timmygalva(m): 11:37am On Jun 12, 2012
buzugee: thats how i know the pilot was not nigerian. if the pilot was nigerian his last words to air traffick control will be ' mogbeooooooooooooo egbamiiiiiiiiii ooooooooooooooo motikerannnnnnnnn yeapaaaaaaaaaaripaaaaaaa. mokuoooooooooo heleppppp me pleaseeeee ejoooooooooooo '

they are all in a better place at rest ( ecclesiastes 12 vs 7 )
Bros u try oo, lmao. May d lost souls rest in peace
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by texazzpete(m): 11:40am On Jun 12, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

It was my brother...not even a plan B let alone plan C. Indians Indians Indians, EEdiots

The dead co-pilot was Indian too, you m0r0n

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by daywatcher: 11:50am On Jun 12, 2012
buzugee: thats how i know the pilot was not nigerian. if the pilot was nigerian his last words to air traffick control will be ' mogbeooooooooooooo egbamiiiiiiiiii ooooooooooooooo motikerannnnnnnnn yeapaaaaaaaaaaripaaaaaaa. mokuoooooooooo heleppppp me pleaseeeee ejoooooooooooo '

LOOOL you get mouth oo
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by jydeayanx: 11:50am On Jun 12, 2012
O ga o! RIP to the victims and the courageous pilots
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by mbulela: 11:54am On Jun 12, 2012
is it not unethical to release such a sensitive info at this time of the investigation?
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by aneldaking(m): 11:59am On Jun 12, 2012
Abdul Adam56: It has happened what are they confirmin?Dat is how God want it,may there soul rest in peace.

mind u my God can never nd will never derive pleadure in seeing his children pass tru pain ok so never u say its God dat wnt it so well may b ur God nt mine.
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by omotilewa123: 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
àē
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by powerblaze(m): 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
Really sad... brought back the tragic feeling i had that day.. I'm in the office, and everyone's beginning to ask me wats wrong.. May their souls rest in peace cry
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
Jakumo: Dual engine failure does indeed mean BOTH engines "flamed out", or stopped running, as the aircraft descended through 5 thousand feet, about a mile above ground. Aircraft of the MD80 family are notorious for being overly sensitive to excessive throttle inputs, such as "fire-walling" the levers to full 95% N1 throttle power so much as a moment too early during takeoff, which could EASILY trigger dual compressor stall and engine failure at dangerously low altitudes. Compounding that flaw, the tail-heavy nature of all jets with tail-mounted engines greatly reduces their un-powered glide capabilities, and they will drop like a brick from the sky at airspeeds still capable of keeping aloft jets with wing-mounted engines.

In the catastrophic instance of simultaneous left and right engine failures , the jet becomes an un-powered glider, that can ONLY then make a safe landing IF the airport runway lies within range of the very steep descent path that will be taken by the pilot, so as to maintain airspeed and prevent a stall. If the destination airport lies BEYOND the distance that the un-powered jet can glide, there will be a crash at some point before the runway threshold, the severity of which will vary with the terrain encountered, the speed at impact, and the attitude of the aircraft at impact.
u dey nairaland dey fly plane abi? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by basadenet: 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2012
floriana: Is Jakumo an aviator, an aeronautics engineer or what?

The submission make s him an expert in that field so i am also of the belief that @jakumo is an aviator or possibly a pilot.
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by opribo(m): 12:20pm On Jun 12, 2012
I thought pilots were heavily trained to handle any kind of air emergency situation. If both engines of an airplane fails simultaneously that certainly calls for a thorough look into the course because from my own naive understanding of airplane, the 2 engines cannot go bad at the same-time more so for the plane to have gotten to Lagos. I think the maneuverability of the plane for landing must have cracked up the engine because the plane was old and could not cope with the rigors of one more landing.

May their gentle souls rest in peace. The management of DANA must be apprehended for mass murder.
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by Ultrame(m): 12:21pm On Jun 12, 2012
buzugee: : thats how i know the pilot was not nigerian. if the pilot was nigerian his last words to air traffick control will be ' mogbeooooooooooooo egbamiiiiiiiiii ooooooooooooooo motikerannnnnnnnn yeapaaaaaaaaaaripaaaaaaa. mokuoooooooooo heleppppp me pleaseeeee ejoooooooooooo '

Walahi u no well. I tried so hard not to laugh, but i failed.
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by charlsecy4(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2012
Dondbuzor: Source?

Blind fool.
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by hannydarl(f): 12:32pm On Jun 12, 2012
Those wondering why they are investigating and worrying after what has happened that nobody can bring back life to the dead, they are doing all these stuff so that they can fix any flaw be it from the plane, the ground staff at the airport, the airliner owners, or an act of mother nature its good to know so we can take steps to make sure it does not happen again.
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by tpapi: 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
hardleyC: May their departed souls rest in perfect peace.

***thinking aloud****
like a poster rightly said, i can only imagine what went on in their minds:
the commotion,mother clinging tightly to her children,husband holding wife
and saying their last prayers,atheist wishing he had believed GOD,chics & babes forgetting their "tushness" and crying,screaming! OMG! Lord have mercy! what a horible terrible way to die!

God knows best.
.my brother is really frightenin seein death in ur front n no way of escape
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by tpapi: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2012

u dont sound like some1 dat appreciate human life
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by babeface3: 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
It really beats my imagination how two engines would fail simultaneously just between Abuja and Lagos;... thinking very hard...
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by muffins99(f): 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2012
opribo: I thought pilots were heavily trained to handle any kind of air emergency situation. If both engines of an airplane fails simultaneously that certainly calls for a thorough look into the course because from my own naive understanding of airplane, the 2 engines cannot go bad at the same-time more so for the plane to have gotten to Lagos. I think the maneuverability of the plane for landing must have cracked up the engine because the plane was old and could not cope with the rigors of one more landing.

May their gentle souls rest in peace. The management of DANA must be apprehended for mass murder.

As you said, your comment is one of ignorance. Planes are machines and anything can go wrong, including dual engine failure. All you need is a series of events which on their own will not result in major problems but when combined will result in devastating consequences. Although very rare, dual engine failure can happen if the jet runs out of fuel, the pipes are blocked or the fuel pump is faulty. However, as Jakumo said, the plane can continue to fly (or glide) albeit at slower speed and lower altitude, depending on the glide ratio e.g for every mile of altitude, it can glide x amount of miles/km. The only thing a plane needs to fly is airspeed but without engines, speed is usually maintained at lower altitude so in this case, the plane will have descended to maintain speed and also to line up with the runway. The plane's glide ratio probably fell short of the runway and it's uunfortunate that there were tall buildings in the area because otherwise, the plane could have landed on a flat piece of land, probably the worst result is that the tires will snap, the plane skids and passangers are thrown around and will be badly bruised.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by dublinkmy6: 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2012
This is so... SAD. They could have died of terror even before crashing....
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by mikron(m): 12:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
pathetic. God may we not find ourselves in similar situations ooooooo
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by babeface3: 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2012
I have heard of dual engine failure mainly on long distance flights, not just between Abuja and Lagos, less than one hour; this is terrible. We are talking of both engines suddenly becoming non functional. We need better explanation angry
muffins99:

As you said, your comment is one of ignorance. Planes are machines and anything can go wrong, including dual engine failure. All you need is a series of events which on their own will not result in major problems but when combined will result in devastating consequences. Although very rare, dual engine failure can happen if the jet runs out of fuel, the pipes are blocked or the fuel pump is faulty. However, as Jakumo said, the plane can continue to fly (or glide) albeit at slower speed and lower altitude, depending on the glide ratio e.g for every mile of altitude, it can glide x amount of miles/km. The only thing a plane needs to fly is airspeed but without engines, speed is usually maintained at lower altitude so in this case, the plane will have descended to maintain speed and also to line up with the runway. The plane's glide ratio probably fell short of the runway and it's uunfortunate that there were tall buildings in the area because otherwise, the plane could have landed on a flat piece of land, probably the worst result is that the tires will snap, the plane skids and passangers are thrown around and will be badly bruised.

Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by kellyrow200(m): 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2012
for those that lose their families in the crash, may the Lord almighty console you all. He will be the guardian of us all. GOD BLESS AND ONE LOVE.
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by Vergil: 1:00pm On Jun 12, 2012

***thinking aloud****
and saying their last prayers,atheist wishing he had believed GOD,chics & babes forgetting their "tushness" and crying,screaming! OMG! Lord have mercy! what a horible terrible way to die!

God knows best.

For real!

This life sha!
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by LIBERTYCLUB: 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2012
RIP fellow Nigerians
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by K08(m): 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2012

***thinking aloud****

God knows best.
sad

***thinking aloud****

God knows best.

hmmmm philosophical! May God rest their souls.
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by Kalman(m): 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2012

Bros! There is no way you are well!! LMAO
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by madjune(m): 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2012
Buzugee, you are so funny. LWKMD too. In as much as the situation looks grim, i think the ministry of aviation will do well by making sure every air passenger aboard our local planes is given a parachute and taught how to jump off a plane using one. It's clear that we can have 100% confidence in the plane engines okayed by Indians nor the pilots who are mere humans like the rest of us. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by gblasting: 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2012
So many questions can not be answered because the people with the answers are no more. RIP
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by donugapi(m): 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2012
babeface3: I have heard of dual engine failure mainly on long distance flights, not just between Abuja and Lagos, less than one hour; this is terrible. We are talking of both engines suddenly becoming non functional. We need better explanation angry

Like Muffins99 said, its a machine. Anything can go wrong. Jakumo's explanation makes sense, those planes that have tail mounted engines would have a harder time gliding as the weight from the engines would drop the plane like a brick. For wing mounted planes, they can glide for a reasonable distance before they hit the ground.
You talked about failure for long distance flight but you seem to forget that this plane has been flogged around probably taking between five and ten 50 minute flights in one day. That's even more work than the Virgin and BA planes do. Think about 10 take offs and landings in one day. I'm not saying that was what caused it but your argument here isn't very valid because I think it could have happened to any badly maintained plane.
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
E dey pain me o o. May their souls rest in perfect peace even though none on board ever thought that flight would be the last. So sad. God, e dey pain me o o o o o o o o. cry
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
from my own little understanding of Air disaster, i think time is missing in that report. what time did the pilot make the 1st complain? where was the plane then? didn't they notice any signal of the engine failure earlier?
Abuja to lagos is about 45min or so; the plane crahsed in lagos; the report sounds like everything(the dual engine failure, the emergency calling, the fall from 5000fts to 500 above see level and finally the crash) happened in 5seconds.
my condolence to the victims' families though.
Re: Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller by Wisdytech(m): 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2012
GOD WIL SURELY U ALL.. Whn ur time is DUE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Detailed Trip From Lagos To Uk With Pixxx / Man And Fiancee Die In Car Accident Days To Wedding In Akwa Ibom / Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.