Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,470 members, 7,881,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 05:17 AM

What Superstitions Have You Heard? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Superstitions Have You Heard? (2356 Views)

See The Top Food Superstitions Most Nigerians Are Guilty Of Believing / 5 Nigerian Superstitions And Beliefs That Will Kill You Before Your Time / »ghost And Mirror Superstitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Superstitions Have You Heard? by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 12, 2012
When growing up I heard so many superstitious stories which now as an adult I feel so ashamed for believing some as they are clearly sooo stupid and obviously a lie.
The one which really shamed me was the story I heard in primary school of the queen of the coast sardine and a particular pen I can’t remember the name of the pen.
But apparently the queen of the coast sardine was made by mermaids (mammy water) according to Nigerians, what I don’t understand is how we could have fallen for this story? Was it ignorance? The name queen of the coast is used by a lot of fishing vessels and now as an adult I can understand the intelligence at naming a sardine brand queen of the coast!! I feel sooo ashamed
The second one was the story of a particular pen which if u use your blood apparently gets sucked and if u spill the ink of the pen into water it will form into the image of a mermaid.. did you guys also hear this one? I can’t remember the name of the pen but I think everyone stopped buying it…
Na wa for us o!!! I am sure it was the importers of popular brands that started this stories to kill off the competition, but do the pastors knowingly exploit these ignorant stories to instill fear? I am not judging o just asking!!
Please share your own stories or superstitions you heard while growing up abeg let us discuss them and have a good laugh
Re: What Superstitions Have You Heard? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
Yeah dats true,the name of the pen was Eleganza Pen,this was around 1992-1994.

(1) (Reply)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 License Key / Help me thank God for my family / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.