Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,914 members, 7,942,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 06:06 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (521015 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:39pm On Oct 13, 2012
freshdude: i have not yet submitted. i applied to Ottawa, Carlton and Saskatchewan against 2013 fall semester. will be submitting march 2013.

@Freshdude, we happen to be on d same train..got just one University in common which is usask, also applied to umanitoba and MUN.... Should tender my application latest April 30th, 2013 (7months from now)..God willing , and by his grace, I would get my TRV and Study Permit.... cos I wld make sure I do my homework well....

What course are u going for, and what level (undergrad or Postgrad)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 11:25pm On Oct 13, 2012
earthgreeners:

@Freshdude, we happen to be on d same train..got just one University in common which is usask, also applied to umanitoba and MUN.... Should tender my application latest April 30th, 2013 (7months from now)..God willing , and by his grace, I would get my TRV and Study Permit.... cos I wld make sure I do my homework well....

What course are u going for, and what level (undergrad or Postgrad)
Economics, graduate studies....yeah the earlier you start doing your homework the better, is not good to rush everything at the last minute. am tryna get things in place so when offer of admission come form any of the aforementioned schools, i will just submit my application. hopefully we are all gonna get our study permit....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 11:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
@earthgreeners what course are u going to study, and what level??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:24am On Oct 14, 2012
freshdude: @earthgreeners what course are u going to study, and what level??

Graduate studies in the field of Environment and resources management cos I studied Environmental management @ undergraduate level...

who is going to sponsor u?, are u sourcing funding from d school and or ur potential supervisor as well....

is ur program course based or research based?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 1:54am On Oct 14, 2012
earthgreeners:

Graduate studies in the field of Environment and resources management cos I studied Environmental management @ undergraduate level...

who is going to sponsor u?, are u sourcing funding from d school and or ur potential supervisor as well....

is ur program course based or research based?
my dad is sponsoring me ooo.. but am applying for funding simultaneously wit my admission sha..to see if luck will shine for me grin grin. i will be most grateful if am offered research assitantship/graduate assitantship position. about the potential supervisor, i have been trying to contact them i think they are too busy to reply my mails. maybe i will start calling their office and house phone numbers so they will know how serious i am angry angry..the one that responded told me i can only choose a supervisor if am admitted and have started my course work. said it's a policy for north-american universities. my program is research based. how bout you??. and sup wit this coop program stuff. does it cost the same amount with normal m.sc program?? cause if u check tuition fees description, most times there is no price discrimination between coop research based and course based programs. and is only coop program that offers internship!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 14, 2012
Plz no one shld tense up d house. No use of harsh words. Dnt abuse ppl or call anyone fool. Pleeeeeeaaaase!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 14, 2012
Olami1224: I just pray they grant me as soon as. Possible.

Regard to everyone. I did not pay any Sch fee. My father was my sponsor.

Going to the U of R.

Thank you everyone I'll kEep u posted
Dts my school ooo. R u going 4 post grad or undergrad?
I submitted aPplicatn 2 embassy 4 jan, bt might hv 2 deffer 2 sept since they r very slow in processing study permit. Heard May admissn isn't dt gud cos most of d students are outta sch working/ summer interns and there r fewer courses offered. Hope 2 c u Jan.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:05am On Oct 14, 2012
@Freshdude

I dnt know much about the coop program, but Im sure they wld come with extra fees...
I applied for research based courses, and Im feeling lucky with the supervisor aspect except for MUN ... I got potential supervisor in usask and umanitoba (both female professors). My sponsor is my brother(s).

Some unis will expect u to gain admission before gettin a supervisor and Most would expect u to @ least be in rapport with one of their faculty members prior to admission.

have u completed ur application with all the 3 universities?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 8:43am On Oct 14, 2012
earthgreeners: @Freshdude

I dnt know much about the coop program, but Im sure they wld come with extra fees...
I applied for research based courses, and Im feeling lucky with the supervisor aspect except for MUN ... I got potential supervisor in usask and umanitoba (both female professors). My sponsor is my brother(s).

Some unis will expect u to gain admission before gettin a supervisor and Most would expect u to @ least be in rapport with one of their faculty members prior to admission.

i have been trying to get a hold of a supervisor@MUN, but to no avail, so i have to try another university as well usask, but i need to ask please. Did u include any of you're documents when emailing the supervisor?. Umanitoba is on the high side for me in terms of cost....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 9:26am On Oct 14, 2012
Pls read, dnt mind cos its long, Pls. Good morning to everybody in this forum, I have been reading silently for over two months now and I've also notice that any new person that asks a question, you usually send them to Part 1 or Part 2 of this forum. So I've taken my time to read through but I couldn't find any case that looks like mine. I submitted my application on Sept. 24. Let me explain my case now. I am a graduate of Computer Science and I finished my service last October, my dream has always been to be a world class pilot so I want to go and train in Canada. The duration of the training is one year. The tuition fees for the training is CAD $49,000 including tax. My sponsor is my community with a fixed account of 11Million and a current account of 1million. The community acct has 4pple as signatories bt only 2pple has to sign before money can be withdrawn from the acct bt all the 4 signatories signed the sponsor letter including my uncle the co-sponsor. My co-sponsor is my uncle who is taking care of living expenses with a fixed acct of 6million and a current acct of N800,000. My first question is what can you say abt my application? Is it intact or there is any loophole. Secondly my uncle is now telling me that he knows someone in Waterloo in Ontario so he will like me to go there which means I have to change school. Is this advisable? What if the embassy tells me to go and pay? How will I handle that with changing school. The school I used for my application is in Lethbridge in Alberta. Nairalanders pls I need ur response. To all waiting for medical like me and to those waiting for TRV, let's believe in God. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by molue27: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2012
Thanks, for the information. Dis week will be a week filled with TRV.
Please, anyone with a "sample letter of intent" kindly mail me voices4uko@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 11:47am On Oct 14, 2012
molue27: Thanks, for the information. Dis week will be a week filled with TRV.
Please, anyone with a "sample letter of intent" kindly mail me voices4uko@yahoo.com thanks

Amen o o o o.dis week is my week by God grace and all of us as well amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 11:52am On Oct 14, 2012
adexcube: Pls read, dnt mind cos its long, Pls. Good morning to everybody in this forum, I have been reading silently for over two months now and I've also notice that any new person that asks a question, you usually send them to Part 1 or Part 2 of this forum. So I've taken my time to read through but I couldn't find any case that looks like mine. I submitted my application on Sept. 24. Let me explain my case now. I am a graduate of Computer Science and I finished my service last October, my dream has always been to be a world class pilot so I want to go and train in Canada. The duration of the training is one year. The tuition fees for the training is CAD $49,000 including tax. My sponsor is my community with a fixed account of 11Million and a current account of 1million. The community acct has 4pple as signatories bt only 2pple has to sign before money can be withdrawn from the acct bt all the 4 signatories signed the sponsor letter including my uncle the co-sponsor. My co-sponsor is my uncle who is taking care of living expenses with a fixed acct of 6million and a current acct of N800,000. My first question is what can you say abt my application? Is it intact or there is any loophole. Secondly my uncle is now telling me that he knows someone in Waterloo in Ontario so he will like me to go there which means I have to change school. Is this advisable? What if the embassy tells me to go and pay? How will I handle that with changing school. The school I used for my application is in Lethbridge in Alberta. Nairalanders pls I need ur response. To all waiting for medical like me and to those waiting for TRV, let's believe in God. Thank you.

You have already submitted your visa application,wait for the outcome,No advice can change your situation now except prayer and faith.Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2012
Noswaa thanks a lot. I would have posted this before I submitted bt cos of one thing or the other I couldn't. I just want to know and pls help me ans the second question if you have an ans. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 2:07pm On Oct 14, 2012
@justwise thanks a lot...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 2:15pm On Oct 14, 2012
All the best to you guys. It has started getting cold already here. For those coming in January, please kit yourself with solid winter jackets (for those in lagos U should be able to get one in Katangora market), if U are not used to cold. cold here no be play play grin. And from what have been told, this year winter may be colder than last year own. More good news coming Insha allah

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2012
Amen bruv...keep your head up. By ''katangora market''...could that be super bus stop? grin
pharmow: All the best to you guys. It has started getting cold already here. For those coming in January, please kit yourself with solid winter jackets (for those in lagos U should be able to get one in Katangora market), if U are not used to cold. cold here no be play play grin. And from what have been told, this year winter may be colder than last year own. More good news coming Insha allah
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2012
pharmow: All the best to you guys. It has started getting cold already here. For those coming in January, please kit yourself with solid winter jackets (for those in lagos U should be able to get one in Katangora market), if U are not used to cold. cold here no be play play grin. And from what have been told, this year winter may be colder than last year own. More good news coming Insha allah

which province u dey? Fear don dey catch me sef as am heading to one of d coldest province in canada which is saskatchewan..GOD guide us tru d winter make our brain no go freeze.-2to-22degree tinz.GOD DEY!!!.
This week shall be our week of joy and hapines when more of trv and medical news flood d house.AMEN.all of us won enter snow for january,so shall it be amen.lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Adedavola: 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2012
Please Ђδω cold Iƨ Edmonton,Alberta?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Adedavola: 3:31pm On Oct 14, 2012
Please Ђδω cold Iƨ Edmonton,Alberta? It Iƨ well with all Expectants i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ da house Ω̴̩̩̩̥ Ǧ☺☺ϑ news to every1 of us IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by molue27: 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2012
Thanks, for the information. Dis week will be a week filled with TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 4:53pm On Oct 14, 2012

Jazaka l-Ahu khayran ya akhi. Which province are you?
Are you referring to katangwa market on the way to sango ota?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2012
Should be...thats why I asked if it's same market @ super bus stop. Don't think there is another katangwa market in Lasgidi. Aw is packaging/baggaging going? Journey mercy sir.
lft:

Jazaka l-Ahu khayran ya akhi. Which province are you?
Are you referring to katangwa market on the way to sango ota?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 5:18pm On Oct 14, 2012
@Spencer...how you dey? any info for us?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2012
adexcube: Noswaa thanks a lot. I would have posted this before I submitted bt cos of one thing or the other I couldn't. I just want to know and pls help me ans the second question if you have an ans. Thanks.

Have you gotten an admission in waterloo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2012
Joe980: @Spencer...how you dey? any info for us?

broda mi,everyfin is set o o o,just waiting for trv news frm cdhc...jesus4all and i hope 4 dis week by his grace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 5:35pm On Oct 14, 2012
@Goddeymydear,letz rub mind 2geda cos we are heading to dsame university.usask 4 life...we shall surely get their.

Tintin,omosanyaolak,august aplicant,earthgreener,noswa,joe and odas,i pray dat u shall be congratulatd soon on dis forum by d special grace of God.luv u all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 5:42pm On Oct 14, 2012
I have not gotten an admission in waterloo. I've contacted the school and they said I should pay $5000 deposit before they can send an acceptance letter. My uncle has already told me to come collect the m
Noswaa:

Have you gotten an admission in waterloo
oney and pay it but I want to hear from CDHC first before I pay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2012
Joe980: Should be...thats why I asked if it's same market @ super bus stop. Don't think there is another katangwa market in Lasgidi. Aw is packaging/baggaging going? Journey mercy sir.

I am yet to start. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2012
earthgreeners: @Freshdude

naaa man, i haven't..still got supplementary materials to send the schools to seal up my deal. the thing is my department is very vast, so if u have like 13 professors in economics dept, u might just have 1 or 2 of them that their research interest correlate wit yours. thatz why am very picky in selecting who to message as a potential supervisor. if i don't get response from the ones i have contacted so far, i will have to try other professors irrespective of difference in field of specialization. so are you done wit ur applications??

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.