Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,381 members, 7,891,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 04:52 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (516234 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
TRV_IJN: My eyes have beheld my TRV, my hands have touched and felt it. My God is good.
Love you all.

Congrat man
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Gobi38: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
My people – I just found this tread when researching if student visa refusal can be appealed – Here is story o - My sister was called for her Medical in november, she completed her medical and submitted her package to VAC on the 14th of nov. On the 3rd of December – she got a call from the Embassy to pay her one year school fees and accommodation, all fees where paid on the 7th of December. She went to Canadian Embassy on the 10th of December (10am in the morning) and submitted her payment receipts at the Embassy (her school emailed her a pdf receipt format). Same day in the afternoon Embassy called her back claiming they still haven’t received her proof of payment; she informed them she has submitted the receipts in the morning. The following day the 11th of December – my sister went back to the Embassy (luckily for her – the Naija folks at the gate let her in). She met the Canadian Lady that called her the previous day – the lady confirmed everything is ok now and that they have received proof of school and accommodation payment. Since then my sister has been monitoring her status on line – Luckily her status changed on Monday the 24th. She went to VAC today (the 27th of December) to pick up her package – my people guess what – SHE WAS DENIED. My question is why put her through the stress of doing medical, calling her to pay one year school fees / accommodation. My people this one no be ordinary eye.
I am suspecting they did not received her proof of fees payment – then somebody just made a quick decision and denied her . The reason for denial don’t even make sense …….. letter included …. Sorry we cannot issue you visiting visa ( she applied for student not visiting ) ….. for the following reason …….. no travel history ……. No ties to Nigeria ---------------------------- This is a letter you issue to folks that don’t make it to medical stage …… I am really confused
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
@Gobi38 ..... something aint right here....I dont think she can appeal ooo...even if she can, this will be lenghty....when is her program starting....if starting later than January, she will have to reapply since her medical and police report is good for a yr....she can reuse every single doc she used first time.....but right a bloody letter starting what happened first time and fighting her refusal....then her sponsor must write a solid letter as well....more to come as head clears...still fighting this snow storm wey hit us last night....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Gobi38: 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
Oga Siga – Thanks o.
Her school starts on the 7th of Jan. She is going back to the Embassy tomorrow with proof of fees payment , why did they call her to make payment? I think somebody just rush and made a quick decision when they did not see her proof of payment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
@Gobi38 what i want to say is that this CDHC can not be predicted at all.well in my own opinion, i will advise your sister to reapeal and submit all document she used when applying for that first time no information should be miss,and also the receipt of payment of school fess and accommodation.letter should be written by a lawyer to the Embassy as aback-up explaining to them that she applied for a study permit visa and not a visiting visa,and stating reasons why she should be giving a visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
Gobi38: Oga Siga – Thanks o.
Her school starts on the 7th of Jan. She is going back to the Embassy tomorrow with proof of fees payment , why did they call her to make payment? I think somebody just rush and made a quick decision when they did not see her proof of payment
...if she is allowed in, that would be nice....then she can speak with a VO....I pray they let her in....please let us know what happens tomorrow, then we can go from there....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
@ Gobi, truth be told,she can no longer make jan start date. She shld defer and re-apply.
Make sure she addresses d rejectn wit valid points in d letter of intent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
Gobi38: Oga Siga – Thanks o.

I pray they let her in cos it just doesn't make any sense. After going through all those stress and spending that much money. It just doesn't make any sense and its unfair. Am praying for her. I wish her success.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
@Gobi3b i don't think it is over, let her pray before she goes and then tell the security she wants to see a VO as per her application (let her not tell them the story or that she was denied. first person that should hear the full story should be a VO, no matter how much they tried, don't tell the gatemen the specific reason you wanna see VO)

@Siga,
my horse don dey front now sir my cart is ready to follow (i have been issued a TRV). na 416 i dey come so hope to see you someday (maybe be your political campaign chairman)- Thanks bro, you are loved.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2012
@Gobi38 ....just curious.... was it a Nigerian that called her....the person u said she met at the embassy the last time she went....cos I am positive thats the agent that handled her file.....would be interesting to know....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
TRV_IJN:

@Siga,
my horse don dey front now sir my cart is ready to follow (i have been issued a TRV). na 416 i dey come so hope to see you someday (maybe be your political campaign chairman)- Thanks bro, you are loved.
...nice one bro.....na 416 and 647 I dey too.... GTA bro...just let me know when u dey land...I want to try as much as possible to meet with every single one of my Nairaland family....btw...which school u dey go?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 2:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
earthgreeners: @Mosquitoway, any updates?
nuthn yet...very hopeful nd waiting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
London School of Business and Finance, Toronto, na small college, want to round-off my ACCA program there.
Siga: ...nice one bro.....na 416 and 647 I dey too.... GTA bro...just let me know when u dey land...btw...which school u dey go?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
@ gobi,
On d rejectn leta, which options were ticked? Also state the full handwritten reason.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
cessna150:

I am going to Pacific flying club cos its vry cheap and they got C-150 and 152.thx for d advise Capt,I will apply frm southy den.I got my Uk 6mnths visa frm there last month without any stress,so I feel cana aint gonna be problem @all. Which school are you going now?
goin to canadian flyers inc at markham airport..c172,did my ppl at the north london flying school on a piper cherokee pa28-180 nd im not familiar with cessnas,but i gues i wld catch up soonest...done a lot of ground reading .Good luck boss..c u in d sky grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
Make unna hellep me thank God o..... I received my TRV today. My friend TRV_IJN actually helped me receive it. Ayam so Happy!!!!! I pray The God that did ours will do for the remaining awaitees and hopefuls on this forum. I will come share my story later. Yay!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jokzoh: Make unna hellep me thank God o..... I received my TRV today. My friend TRV_IJN actually helped me receive it. Ayam so Happy!!!!! I pray The God that did ours will do for the remaining awaitees and hopefuls on this forum. I will come share my story later. Yay!
...Congrats my person....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jokzoh: Make unna hellep me thank God o..... I received my TRV today. My friend TRV_IJN actually helped me receive it. Ayam so Happy!!!!! I pray The God that did ours will do for the remaining awaitees and hopefuls on this forum. I will come share my story later. Yay!
You see, and when I prayed we should receive our trv before 29th you were suspicious. Congrats bro

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Gobi38: 4:13pm On Dec 27, 2012
@ Saga - Na canadian oyinbo lady called am. The Lady called her on the 3rd of December to pay her school fees ASAP and report back with proof of payment. Fees/accommodation were paid on the 7th, she submitted proof of payment on the 1oth in the morning. Same lady called her again in the afternoon - she is waiting for proof of payment. My sister went back to the embassy on the 11th, luckily we was allowed in, she met the lady and she confirmed every thing is ok, they have received proof to payment.

@ mercylicious - Her refusa letter is the normal letter folks that don't make it to medical stage gets.... Reason as follows : 1 .Your travel History , 2. Family ties . 3. Purpose of visit etc.

My quesiton why invite her for medical, call her to pay school fees, make a second call "we are still waiting for proof of fees payment" - This is big shocker for me. My poeple until you get visa for your hand - just keep praying for FAVOR.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 4:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
@Gobi38...this is a wierd case....u go need fight this one .... but whichever way....she cant make that Jan 7th unless of cos God shows his favour....she might have to defer her admission at the end of the day....but, lets wait to hear what happens tomorrow.....goodluck...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
@Jokzoh,
How did trv ijn help u get it? we need procedure.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eldredthedon(m): 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Gobi38: @ Saga - Na canadian oyinbo lady called am. The Lady called her on the 3rd of December to pay her school fees ASAP and report back with proof of payment. Fees/accommodation were paid on the 7th, she submitted proof of payment on the 1oth in the morning. Same lady called her again in the afternoon - she is waiting for proof of payment. My sister went back to the embassy on the 11th, luckily we was allowed in, she met the lady and she confirmed every thing is ok, they have received proof to payment.

@ mercylicious - Her refusa letter is the normal letter folks that don't make it to medical stage gets.... Reason as follows : 1 .Your travel History , 2. Family ties . 3. Purpose of visit etc.

My quesiton why invite her for medical, call her to pay school fees, make a second call "we are still waiting for proof of fees payment" - This is big shocker for me. My poeple until you get visa for your hand - just keep praying for FAVOR.

Wow....this is the first time I'm hearing of such......please all our guru's in the haus....what do you guys think?....let's analyze this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
@Gobi38,i will also suggest that if they failed to let you In 2moro,you can equally write to them immediately
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Gobi38: 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
My people - Point of Correction. I just confimed from my sister, the Lady that called her from the Embassy was a Nigerian Woman not a Canadian as stated in previous post. I am based in Yankee, I have to called my sister in Naija to confirm this. Some thing is missing - House do you think the Lady did not submit the proof of Payment to the Canadians
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
Gobi38: My people – I just found this tread when researching if student visa refusal can be appealed – Here is story o - My sister was called for her Medical in november, she completed her medical and submitted her package to VAC on the 14th of nov. On the 3rd of December – she got a call from the Embassy to pay her one year school fees and accommodation, all fees where paid on the 7th of December. She went to Canadian Embassy on the 10th of December (10am in the morning) and submitted her payment receipts at the Embassy (her school emailed her a pdf receipt format). Same day in the afternoon Embassy called her back claiming they still haven’t received her proof of payment; she informed them she has submitted the receipts in the morning. The following day the 11th of December – my sister went back to the Embassy (luckily for her – the Naija folks at the gate let her in). She met the Canadian Lady that called her the previous day – the lady confirmed everything is ok now and that they have received proof of school and accommodation payment. Since then my sister has been monitoring her status on line – Luckily her status changed on Monday the 24th. She went to VAC today (the 27th of December) to pick up her package – my people guess what – SHE WAS DENIED. My question is why put her through the stress of doing medical, calling her to pay one year school fees / accommodation. My people this one no be ordinary eye.
I am suspecting they did not received her proof of fees payment – then somebody just made a quick decision and denied her . The reason for denial don’t even make sense …….. letter included …. Sorry we cannot issue you visiting visa ( she applied for student not visiting ) ….. for the following reason …….. no travel history ……. No ties to Nigeria ---------------------------- This is a letter you issue to folks that don’t make it to medical stage …… I am really confused

In Africa, we try our best and leave the rest believing that God eventually does what is best for us. With these guys, the more you look, the less you see/ understand. Sometimes they distract applicants with issues that are not really the foundation for decision making. If better alternatives don't come up, try again as unfortunately, VO's hardly own up when they make mistakes in closing a case (seems like a general unwritten rule, perhaps not to create a precedent).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 5:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
Bee_Mee_Nee:
You see, and when I prayed we should receive our trv before 29th you were suspicious. Congrats bro

Hahah.... I tot maybe you were an undercover cos u we are so sure some would receive before 29th. Thumps up to you bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
Gobi38: My people - Point of Correction. I just confimed from my sister, the Lady that called her from the Embassy was a Nigerian Woman not a Canadian as stated in previous post. I am based in Yankee, I have to called my sister in Naija to confirm this. Some thing is missing - House do you think the Lady did not submit the proof of Payment to the Canadians
.....Ahhhh...there u go .... I just had that feeling that na Naija woman....u know wat...I pray they let her in....the woman made a big blunder....na error on her part....na over sabi dey do these Nigerians working at CDHC...this is not the first time they will be doing all these rubbish....they pulled this shyt with me as well....the woman probably didnt check well before she denied her visa....please fight this one ooo.....

@galala123 has a valid point cos they will never admit making any mistake....ur sister will most likely end up reapplying.....ensure she and her sponsor writes a bombastic letter detailing the issue....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by genep: 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2012
sadI received a call on the same issue from CDHC but i didn't return M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ passport without payment receipts, i pray all is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 5:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
mercylicious: @Jokzoh,
How did trv ijn help u get it? we need procedure.

I once mentioned on this forum myself and TRV-IJN met during medicals and we have since palled-up. I changed my UPS address to his the Friday before Xmas cos I wasn't going to be around to receive it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Gobi38: 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
@ siga - Oga Saga- Thanks.
My sister will go back tomorrow – I am the sponsor, I have also gone to Canadian on-line Portal (https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=lagos) to upload my case , I cited the VAC case tracking number and attached proof of fees payment. I strongly believe the Canadian made a final decision when they did not see her proof of Fees / accommodation Payment. My people I don even buy her ticket when status changed on Monday - the devil is a LIAR

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
Gobi38: @ siga - Oga Saga- Thanks.
My sister will go back tomorrow – I am the sponsor, I have also gone to Canadian on-line Portal (https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=lagos) to upload my case , I cited the VAC case tracking number and attached proof of fees payment. I strongly believe the Canadian made a final decision when they did not see her proof of Fees / accommodation Payment. My people I don even buy her ticket when status changed on Monday - the devil is a LIAR
...most likely the receipt wasnt attached...please keep the house informed as this might be a learning experience for future cases like this....tx for sharing....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
The Canadian High Commission has reduced the waiting period for visa applicants from 60 days to 10 days via NigerianNewsDesk

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.