Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,368 members, 7,971,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 07:32 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (523606 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Glan: 5:28am On Mar 04, 2013
house, pls where can someone get police clearance certificate in Abuja?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 6:03am On Mar 04, 2013
Glan: house, pls where can someone get police clearance certificate in Abuja?

Go to Force HQ (the
one opposite Printing and Minting and close to
Office of the accountant general of the federation/treasury house in Garki 2.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 6:33am On Mar 04, 2013
earthgreeners:

I grab......
oga earthgreeners,I see team fall have taken over the thread,I wish u all the very best and success in the trv pursuit,I'm leaving for canada this morning,and wanted to thank everyone for their contributions,I would be headed to the york area..so I might be able to assist people applying to york university to physically go there and confirm details of admission etc,Oga Siga,thank you for also still being here.God bless you all,see you in canada

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sampitts(m): 6:43am On Mar 04, 2013
guys with funding package of 25k dolars (scholarshp)for a sch of 14k dolars tuion, 9k5 room n utility, do u fink thr's stil need for bank statement?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 7:01am On Mar 04, 2013
mosquitoway: oga earthgreeners,I see team fall have taken over the thread,I wish u all the very best and success in the trv pursuit,I'm leaving for canada this morning,and wanted to thank everyone for their contributions,I would be headed to the york area..so I might be able to assist people applying to york university to physically go there and confirm details of admission etc,Oga Siga,thank you for also still being here.God bless you all,see you in canada

Have a safe trip ! God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by gbesunboke: 7:02am On Mar 04, 2013
xtus:

Who is ur sponsor and hw many siblings are u listing on ur family composition form?
my sponsor is my two elder brother .3 siblings
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by gbesunboke: 7:06am On Mar 04, 2013
bumdish:

Your packaging looks cool to me. The only thing I can not see here is your employment history. Since you would be getting a letter from your boss, you probably would have filled some employment details in the form. I guess you need to support that claim with some document like an employment letter etc. Also, I would expect to see your account statement showing up here (at least to show your salary income). I hope I am not complicating matters for you sha.

Just an observation for you and others who would subsequently be posting their list of document, please lets apply some discretion. I have edited your post in my quote, you may want to do same to your earlier post. Too much info in a faceless public domain as this is definitley not healthy.
you made a nide observation my brother .the kind of job i do presently does not fetch me salary every month .i work with an HSE company and the agreement of my job is base on how we work you get your money .but with my Resume i think my employment history we be stated there in my resume but can't provide my account since i don't have enough liquid in the account .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deebla: 7:14am On Mar 04, 2013
Siga: ...based on their requirements...they want to see 6 months bank statement of whichever acct u are submitting....

Ohhh! That's a hit on the leg. That might be a bad idea then if the child's statement of account does not show any form of similar fund transfer in time past. What if similar fund transfer happened about 2 year ago? That definitely will not show up in a 6months bank statee.

And what if the child opened a new student account solely for that purpose? Would it be fair?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deebla: 7:30am On Mar 04, 2013
bumdish:
@deebla, while your approach sounds cool it would result in a natural RED flag. If I where the VO,I would start looking for holes to flaw this move, cos it would be hard to find a father who will deposit such an amount into a child's account well in advance before school starts. What exactly is the father trying to achieve here. If you must go this route, then you should be ready to show that there is nothing obviously abnormal in this move. Like showing that your dad regularly deposits such amount in your account or that he has done something similar in the past and he is willing to do it again or that he has so much money depositing 6M in your account even when you do not immediatly have need of it wouldn't hurt his cash flow. And very importantly, you most be ready to show that the money actually moved directly from your fathers account into your own account, meaning you will need to produce your statement as while as your dads' reflecting a synchronization.
In summary, if you ask me, I think it might do more harm than good. Anyhow, that's my thought, you asked for it.

Exactly! It is because it is rare for a father to drop such amount of money without fear of the son spending the money that I think its a good idea. I feel it makes it show clearly that they mean serious business and that the money is solely for education in Canada. I feel it will be stated in a letter by the father that the child has mentioned the exact amount needed for the programme hence the fund transfer at one (maybe this is not good enough sha).

In the aspect of showing that he regularly deposit; putting in mind that 6months bank statement is required, what if a related fund transfer only happened in undergraduate days which is 2yrs frm this anticipated PG programme pursuit? What can one do?

And in the aspect of fund transfer synchronization, well, that is a must... Cos its the only proof that it genuinely happened. If the statement of account shows the fund was transferred from the father's account, isn't that not enough proof?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deebla: 7:34am On Mar 04, 2013
mosquitoway: oga earthgreeners,I see team fall have taken over the thread,I wish u all the very best and success in the trv pursuit,I'm leaving for canada this morning,and wanted to thank everyone for their contributions,I would be headed to the york area..so I might be able to assist people applying to york university to physically go there and confirm details of admission etc,Oga Siga,thank you for also still being here.God bless you all,see you in canada

Congrats man! Safe trip...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 04, 2013
@ Aduke02. My program is M.Sc. Geophysics.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 8:36am On Mar 04, 2013
Congrats ma broda @mosquitoway, Wishing u a safe journey, I will join u soon in Canada by Gods grace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 8:41am On Mar 04, 2013
UpdatedList of Applicants through with Medicals, awaiting TRV

@Kayce 43 January 7th, Asaju, Lagos
@Kenniy January 8th , Ikoyi clinic
@2_precious January 10th Ikoyi clinic
@Oc (kayce43's friend) January 9th Asaju clinic
@lus@5 February 5th, Abuja
@Olufemi14 February 11th Asaju Lagos
@Iwinosajack February 15th Lagos
@Zionspecie March 1st

This is our week by Gods grace...Amen!!!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 8:45am On Mar 04, 2013
[quote author=gbesunboke] nice one my brother
i think i should start with my document to be submitteddis month
1.Application forms
2.my international passport
3.my Original Unad Certificate Beng
4.my Academic Transcript (CGPA 3.0)PGD Programme
5.my Waec Certificate Oirginal
6.birth Certificate
7.Nysc certificate
8.Nisp professional Certificate
9.letterof reference from my Boss
10.letter of admission from Fanshawe College Ontaria London
11.my Resume
12.police clearance certificate from Alagbon
13.affidavit of support from my sponsor in Nigeria '
14.6 month payslip from my sponsor in uk and Nigeria
15.sponsor statement of Account for the Uk and Nigeria Sponsor
16.letter of introduction from Stanbic Ibtc bank for Nigeria sponsor and letter from London stock Exchange from second Sponsor from uk
17.stanbic ibct coloured ID card for Nigeria sponsor
18.Nigeria sponsor tax-card
19.picture of me and my two brother during his wedding from UK
20.copies of siblings internatinal passport data page photocopy
21.statement of purpose
these are all the document i have for my application to be submitted by 20 March 2013.after dis CAC Ori oke Baba Ibiye in EDE lol

What of home tie
No doc here to show home tie dat is important too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iwinosajack: 9:03am On Mar 04, 2013
[quote author=kayce43]UpdatedList of Applicants through with Medicals, awaiting TRV

@Zionspecie March 1st

AMEN n AMEN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 9:41am On Mar 04, 2013
siga pls wats ur mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by 2precious: 11:15am On Mar 04, 2013
kayce43: UpdatedList of Applicants through with Medicals, awaiting TRV

@Zionspecie March 1st

Amen ooooooooooo(lol). Ps 16:6

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
...bro...let me know once u land...Im not far from York U....We can meet up to have coffee...and I can even hook u up with ur fellow NL wey dey area....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
teexzle: siga pls wats ur mail
... noshaking2012@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
Siga: ... noshaking2012@gmail.com
oga siga,i sent u a mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 12:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
Siga: ...bro...let me know once u land...Im not far from York U....We can meet up to have coffee...and I can even hook u up with ur fellow NL wey dey area....

@ Siga i D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ always ginger weneva U̶̲̥̅̊ write this statement "We can meet up to have coffee" I pray U̶̲̥̅l say dat τ̅☺ М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ too soonest
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
dommakavelli:

@ Siga i D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ always ginger weneva U̶̲̥̅̊ write this statement "We can meet up to have coffee" I pray U̶̲̥̅l say dat τ̅☺ М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ too soonest
...my lovely bro....dont worry...trust me...I was once in ur shoes...said same thing to my friends back then...and I joined then few months later....so, dont worry...God knows best...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
dommakavelli:

Yes o! We go do coffee party very soon, no be tea party again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
mozo:
Yes o! We go do coffee party very soon, no be tea party again.
....Sorry guys...I can only afford coffee...lol grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 1:42pm On Mar 04, 2013
mehn..m so tired of ds mind game CDHC been playin sad.. 2 months since medicals..1 months since submitting all conditions..nothing yet!..are they still confirming documents or what?? really just wish they would answer (us) so can make plans..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bullstriker: 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
@ oga Siga,
Please U got mail.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
bullstriker: @ oga Siga,
Please U got mail.Thanks
..bro...nothing dey me inbox ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2013
deebla:

Exactly! It is because it is rare for a father to drop such amount of money without fear of the son spending the money that I think its a good idea. I feel it makes it show clearly that they mean serious business and that the money is solely for education in Canada. I feel it will be stated in a letter by the father that the child has mentioned the exact amount needed for the programme hence the fund transfer at one (maybe this is not good enough sha).

In the aspect of showing that he regularly deposit; putting in mind that 6months bank statement is required, what if a related fund transfer only happened in undergraduate days which is 2yrs frm this anticipated PG programme pursuit? What can one do?

And in the aspect of fund transfer synchronization, well, that is a must... Cos its the only proof that it genuinely happened. If the statement of account shows the fund was transferred from the father's account, isn't that not enough proof?

If a Dad has 50M and transfers 6M to a child's account for the purpose of education, then nothing spoil but if a Dad has 10M and deposits a whopping 6M (whopping in relative terms), then there might be room for suspicion. Bros, you too think about it, does such things happen in reality.
I don't mean to say your concept isn't cool but if your dad has enough funds and proof to bank roll your education, then simply list him as such without pushing the envelop too far. Besides, this is simply an opinion, no need to drag it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
bumdish:
Your packaging looks cool to me. The only thing I can not see here is your employment history. Since you would be getting a letter from your boss, you probably would have filled some employment details in the form. I guess you need to support that claim with some document like an employment letter etc. Also, I would expect to see your account statement showing up here (at least to show your salary income). I hope I am not complicating matters for you sha.

Just an observation for you and others who would subsequently be posting their list of document, please lets apply some discretion. I have edited your post in my quote, you may want to do same to your earlier post. Too much info in a faceless public domain as this is definitley not healthy.
gbesunboke: you made a nide observation my brother .the kind of job i do presently does not fetch me salary every month .i work with an HSE company and the agreement of my job is base on how we work you get your money .but with my Resume i think my employment history we be stated there in my resume but can't provide my account since i don't have enough liquid in the account .

OK, nice explanation but you know that you will not have the opportunity to explain away before a badt VO, hence, you need to go a step further than them. If you can, add your offer letter. Besides, a question just jumped at me; how does your documentation portray you would return to Nigeria after your studies besides the beautiful 'return to Nigeria' story you must have presumably written in your statement of purpose. In plain language, what is your home tie?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deebla: 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
bumdish:

If a Dad has 50M and transfers 6M to a child's account for the purpose of education, then nothing spoil but if a Dad has 10M and deposits a whopping 6M (whopping in relative terms), then there might be room for suspicion. Bros, you too think about it, does such things happen in reality.
I don't mean to say your concept isn't cool but if your dad has enough funds and proof to bank roll your education, then simply list him as such without pushing the envelop too far. Besides, this is simply an opinion, no need to drag it.

Bumdish I get U perfectly. There's nothing like dragging it, its jst a thought and U av made ur point clearly and I must say U shed more light on it, thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bullstriker: 3:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
@siga
Pardon me.I have resent it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.