Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,523 members, 7,940,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:06 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (520887 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 5:42pm On Mar 14, 2013
teexzle: Wat course pls, send ur mail pls

Please can you resend it? I mistakenly deleted the first one you sent, I am so sorry.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by charles4all: 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
Hello peepz,if u did ur medicals 2months ago & u have May start date on ur acceptance letter,just get ready for ur TRV nxt week!pls start thanking God Almighty with Psalms 20 & 138,cuz His Grace is sufficient for us☺

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 6:16pm On Mar 14, 2013
Pls how u I pm u oo, I have a degree in economics to,I just want to ask few questns..u can send an empty mail @tinuoshinubi@gmail.com
GboyegaD:

I would suggest you pm me instead and the course is Economics.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by teexzle: 6:31pm On Mar 14, 2013
Oo that's hw d pm tingy works..I just wtd to give it a trial..didn't knw I was doin d rte tin..can u pm me too let me c hw u received d pm..and don't 4get to reply my pm #grin
GboyegaD:

Please can you resend it? I mistakenly deleted the first one you sent, I am so sorry.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
ken1982: @xtus thanks bro..must i submit to vfs..cant i submit at cdhc direct
this. when i was at cdhc, i saw a number of people queued up to submit applications..one guy even told me he has been there since 4am, another said 6am. this really doesnt make sense to me. i think the only reason to go to the embassy to submit is if u dont know you can submit at vfs (as apparently the guy that told me he has been there since 4am didnt).
as at when i was there, 9am-ish, they still havent attended to anyone..and of cos they only accept applications on wednesday. why would anyone wanna subject themselve to such, when you can just walk into vfs anytime btw mon-fri, 8am-3pm. not like there is any advantage to submitting at the embassy directly, and u still pay courier package, and that prolly is more expensive than vfs N4,125 service charge; if any there prolly is a disadvantage cos i dont think u can track (not like that will make things any faster, but still..)..when i went to submit my application at vfs..i dont think i spent more than 20-30mins there.and that included me going out to take another passport photo cos the set with me werent ok..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:14pm On Mar 14, 2013
[b]TEAM FALL 2013
1) owenklay : PG
2) galala123: PG
3) Goldie20: UG
4) ronakoks : PG
5) earthgreeners: PG (MB/SK/MUN)
6) kanayogod:UG (Lehtbridge)
7) freshdude: PG
8.) adim02: PG (Niagara) ******
9) jman77: UG (MUN)
10) dommakavelli: PG
11) bukahands: PG (MUN)
12) just_thinking: UG
13) mekusino: PG
14) blink6: UG
15) alezdegr8: PG
16) ezme: PG
17) efosa12345
18) *newacca: PG
19) Imadebaby: PG
20) rockar: PG (Niagara)
21) elkharpone: UG
22) emmatony: PG
23) vooz: PG (Saskatchewan)
24) accra2005: PG
25) seir405: PG (MUN, Sask.)
26) Emblem: PG (Lethbridge)
27) Burningflamz: PG
28) efewhao: UG (Windsor)
29) aduke02: PG
30) jennyfar: PG (Victoria, Ottawa)
31) mozo: PG(Royal road, Victoria)
32) xtus: PG(Georgian)
33) gbesunboke: PG (Fanshawe)
34) teexzle: PG (MUN)
35) twizer: PG (Saskatchewan)
36) bullstriker: PG
37) luckyDon: PG
38) jimmyjerry07: PG (Manitoba)
40) 2-Chainz: PG (Seneca College)
41) jenkord: PG (University of Western Ontario)
42) deebla: PG (Concordia University college)
43) Mayo47: PG (MUN)
44) etinisajay: PG (Saskatchewan)
45) Ziashi: PG (UWO , Vancouver Island)
46) Olawunmi Samuel: PG (MUN)
[/b]

NB: Those whose names are yet to be added should indicate their proposed program, level, University / college.

Last Update: 14/03/2013 08:10pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blawi1(f): 8:24pm On Mar 14, 2013
Fall 2013
blawi1 PG Dalhousie
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 9:50pm On Mar 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

If Visa procedure is only 10% then, all Nigerians would be in Canada, it is not that simple and easy my brother/Sister, but no doubt, na good news

Na admission sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by deaero: 10:55pm On Mar 14, 2013
Please @all I want to knw why the visa office did this, when the refused my application they. Said I do not have enough transportation for any of my family member joining me to canada, I understand the mistakes I made on my application after studying the thread. But I still haven't gotten the fact of my family when am the only traveling and was clearly stated in my application. Someone help me so as to not make same mistake again re-applying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:24am On Mar 15, 2013
de aero: Please @all I want to knw why the visa office did this, when the refused my application they. Said I do not have enough transportation for any of my family member joining me to canada, I understand the mistakes I made on my application after studying the thread. But I still haven't gotten the fact of my family when am the only traveling and was clearly stated in my application. Someone help me so as to not make same mistake again re-applying.

Don't mind the ''Oga(s) at the top'' (CDHC VO). They mean you dnt have enough fund to cater for ur studies in Canada. Forget that family member thing..It's an already prepared rejection format.

Just work on the aspect of sponsorship. Submit Financial statement with good cash flow and reasonable balance, a good source of income etc.. And make sure you are able to proof relationship with sponsor.

Read more on www.canadainternational.gc, that' all.... Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olawunmisamuel1: 2:16am On Mar 15, 2013
I carefully read the thread and I noticed most of the people that were refused visa were being sponsored by uncles or aunts and the guys that got visa were being sponsored by their parents.

Funny part is, I'm not even being sponsored by any relative. My dad's friend who has been sponsoring my education ever since is going to pay for msc. Will this be a problem?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by MissAhoy: 4:10am On Mar 15, 2013
Hello All, I arrived Canada last week, and I have been trying to settle down. Kayce43 and Kenniy na wao, CDHC no try at all, I can't imagine the anxiety you are going through, I understand the scrutiny before they give trv, most people become permanent residents and even citizens after, but 2 months after medicals? That is absurd. Anyway God is not sleeping and he is bigger than any government. Will be more regular to the thread once I get settled. At least to help with settling in advice.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 4:16am On Mar 15, 2013
MissAhoy: Hello All, I arrived Canada last week, and I have been trying to settle down. Kayce43 and Kenniy na wao, CDHC no try at all, I can't imagine the anxiety you are going through, I understand the scrutiny before they give trv, most people become permanent residents and even citizens after, but 2 months after medicals? That is absurd. Anyway God is not sleeping and he is bigger than any government. Will be more regular to the thread once I get settled. At least to help with settling in advice.

That Good To Know, You Arrived Safely smiley.. Good Luck On Your Journey Over There.. It Shall Be Well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 5:30am On Mar 15, 2013
MissAhoy: Hello All, I arrived Canada last week, and I have been trying to settle down. Kayce43 and Kenniy na wao, CDHC no try at all, I can't imagine the anxiety you are going through, I understand the scrutiny before they give trv, most people become permanent residents and even citizens after, but 2 months after medicals? That is absurd. Anyway God is not sleeping and he is bigger than any government. Will be more regular to the thread once I get settled. At least to help with settling in advice.
Yayyyyyy, Rili happy to see u have settled in well, dats just Beautiful, I bet ur breathing in d cool fresh air of canada n enjoying urself, ds thread wld rili appreciate ur input as long as u have d time 4 it. My sista na so CDHC put us for hyper mode o but we nor gree cus na God be Baba n not CDHC , am believing God we will get it, its just delay but we will get our visa

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:03am On Mar 15, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: I carefully read the thread and I noticed most of the people that were refused visa were being sponsored by uncles or aunts and the guys that got visa were being sponsored by their parents.

Funny part is, I'm not even being sponsored by any relative. My dad's friend who has been sponsoring my education ever since is going to pay for msc. Will this be a problem?

NO problem Boss, all you need to do is to clearly state why he is sponsoring you. And present a strong evidence to support your case.... I wld advise you include a family member as a co-sponsor (If any)....another strategy is to have him also pay some amount into your account to indicate his commitment....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 8:35am On Mar 15, 2013
Mr moderator abeg oh, time to create part 4 for this thread....... 400 pages no b joke oh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 9:39am On Mar 15, 2013
coolness!..really cute u in now..happy for u..them no try at all, but we still believing.. and hoping..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:47am On Mar 15, 2013
xtus: Mr moderator abeg oh, time to create part 4 for this thread....... 400 pages no b joke oh

That is under consideration.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Onyeoma3: 9:49am On Mar 15, 2013
justwise:

That is under consideration.

Good
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by waliezi(m): 9:57am On Mar 15, 2013
d jay: Hello everyone I have recived my offer letters from both algonquin and lambton college for PGD (human resource management)but I think I would only pursue algonqin college am to pay my 1st semester fee before 1st of May as requested by the school to keep my seat. I want to pay for the fees before applying for my visa hope its safe? Thanks you guys for your support.

I also have an offer wit lambton on HRM. Can i hav ur contact so we relate beta n plan 2meet in canada com september.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:05am On Mar 15, 2013
earthgreeners:

NO problem Boss, all you need to do is to clearly state why he is sponsoring you. And present a strong evidence to support your case.... I wld advise you include a family member as a co-sponsor (If any)....another strategy is to have him also pay some amount into your account to indicate his commitment....

I sent a PM to u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by waliezi(m): 10:07am On Mar 15, 2013
Gudluck bro. Wishin u d best, jus pray 4me 2com join u soon. Wht part ar u?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by nnekanwugo: 10:11am On Mar 15, 2013
earthgreeners: [b]TEAM FALL 2013
1) owenklay : PG
2) galala123: PG
3) Goldie20: UG
4) ronakoks : PG
5) earthgreeners: PG (MB/SK/MUN)
6) kanayogod:UG (Lehtbridge)
7) freshdude: PG
8.) adim02: PG (Niagara) ******
9) jman77: UG (MUN)
10) dommakavelli: PG
11) bukahands: PG (MUN)
12) just_thinking: UG
13) mekusino: PG
14) blink6: UG
15) alezdegr8: PG
16) ezme: PG
17) efosa12345
18) *newacca: PG
19) Imadebaby: PG
20) rockar: PG (Niagara)
21) elkharpone: UG
22) emmatony: PG
23) vooz: PG (Saskatchewan)
24) accra2005: PG
25) seir405: PG (MUN, Sask.)
26) Emblem: PG (Lethbridge)
27) Burningflamz: PG
28) efewhao: UG (Windsor)
29) aduke02: PG
30) jennyfar: PG (Victoria, Ottawa)
31) mozo: PG(Royal road, Victoria)
32) xtus: PG(Georgian)
33) gbesunboke: PG (Fanshawe)
34) teexzle: PG (MUN)
35) twizer: PG (Saskatchewan)
36) bullstriker: PG
37) luckyDon: PG
38) jimmyjerry07: PG (Manitoba)
40) 2-Chainz: PG (Seneca College)
41) jenkord: PG (University of Western Ontario)
42) deebla: PG (Concordia University college)
43) Mayo47: PG (MUN)
44) etinisajay: PG (Saskatchewan)
45) Ziashi: PG (UWO , Vancouver Island)
46) Olawunmi Samuel: PG (MUN)
[/b]
47 nne ;MPA(sask)
NB: Those whose names are yet to be added should indicate their proposed program, level, University / college.

Last Update: 14/03/2013 08:10pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 11:27am On Mar 15, 2013
waliezi: Gudluck bro. Wishin u d best, jus pray 4me 2com join u soon. Wht part ar u?
ds gave a small laff to me face..her handle cleary says Miss and u calld bro.. abeg no take am wrong oo, i no mean to diss or any, plus i so no sabi fight or any..just pointin out something funny..lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 12:02pm On Mar 15, 2013
Pls, do I need to submit police report with my application? Or is it the embassy that should tell me when to get it?
What do I neee to get the police report please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
VCTROKOYE: Pls, do I need to submit police report with my application? Or is it the embassy that should tell me when to get it?
What do I neee to get the police report please?
according to the application checklist, yes you need to submit with your application. just go to CID HQ ikoyi with 4-6k to get it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 12:40pm On Mar 15, 2013
what are the documents I need to get the police report at Alagbon, please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2013
kenniy:
ds gave a small laff to me face..her handle cleary says Miss and u calld bro.. abeg no take am wrong oo, i no mean to diss or any, plus i so no sabi fight or any..just pointin out something funny..lol

See begging.Haha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ken1982: 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
@kenniy and @xtus and others who may have am idea. please i have paid my fees and the balance on my sponsors bank statement is just about 3m. pls what are my chances. its just a 1 year course at bcit vancouver.thanks for all the advice kenniy and xtus i have submitted today
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2013
God is ur chance bro, if there is good cash flow.
ken1982: @kenniy and @xtus and others who may have am idea. please i have paid my fees and the balance on my sponsors bank statement is just about 3m. pls what are my chances. its just a 1 year course at bcit vancouver.thanks for all the advice kenniy and xtus i have submitted today
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2013
ken1982: @kenniy and @xtus and others who may have am idea. please i have paid my fees and the balance on my sponsors bank statement is just about 3m. pls what are my chances. its just a 1 year course at bcit vancouver.thanks for all the advice kenniy and xtus i have submitted today

With good cash flow in and out of the account, after the school fees has been paid, as well as being that it is only a one year course . . . Chances are not bad, however, like it has been said, make sure your sponsor is able to show reason why he/she would wanna spend such amount on you. . . Good Luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
Fhemmmy:

With good cash flow in and out of the account, after the school fees has been paid, as well as being that it is only a one year course . . . Chances are not bad, however, like it has been said, make sure your sponsor is able to show reason why he/she would wanna spend such amount on you. . . Good Luck

Fhemmy, what reasons do you think a family friend can put to show he is willing to spend so much amount on one? I think these guys are still too laid back in their thoughts because an average person who knows about the Nigerian culture knows we have too many uncles and aunts that are not in any way related to us. I remember whenever I applied for my US visa, all I told the VO was that my aunt is sponsoring and I gave him her account statement lo ba tan. I just find it annoying when people get scared because their sponsor isn't bearing same last name with them or they cannot show any deep relationship with the person. The worst is that people suggest the use of pictures. Can't I use someone else's picture with mine and claim that is the uncle or aunt?
Fhemmy, as a Veteran on this thread, I would suggest you help address the issue to allay the fears of those whose sponsors are not their parents. In my opinion, I would advice such person to state in the sponsorship letter that the person is a distant uncle/aunt depending on the gender or you could say he/she is a 2nd cousin to your dad/mum who was responsible for his education and the only way he felt he could compensate them is to sponsor you since he saw that you are a promising child.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.