Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,272 members, 7,928,908 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 03:35 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (519832 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2012
linclon: Hi, Does anyone have information on how I can get a police clearance certificate from Nigeria for my Permanent Residence application here in Canada? Thanks

go to alagbon police headquater 4 it.i think is 5k.or ur state cid,it sud be 10k.i fink this helps.best of luck

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 07, 2012
spencer3705:

go to alagbon police headquater 4 it.i think is 5k.or ur state cid,it sud be 10k.i fink this helps.best of luck
its not up to 10k I did mine for 3k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2012
lalla89: @spencer i track my application today and i saw that your application is now ready for collection you wil come to the centre where u submit ur aplcation with an identification proof 4 colection. And i didnt do my medical that is my i take it as denial ,i use my uncle as sponsor bt pls guide me on how to reaply again.tnx

when did u submit
what documents did u submit?
May be sponsor is not credible with inaduate proof of relationship
throw light to this for further directive.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 11:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
shavel: its not up to 10k I did mine for 3k.

i did mine for 10k at ibadan state cid iyaganku.i learnt people 4rm lagos do it within the range of 3k to 5k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lalla89: 5:52am On Aug 08, 2012
spencer3705:

when did u submit
what documents did u submit?
May be sponsor is not credible with inaduate proof of relationship
throw light to this for further directive.
i submitted on 11th of may and reach embassy on 14th and d document i submitted is my aceptance letter,fee schedule,my neco result , police clearance ,national diploma certificate ,HND result ,HND transcript ,birth certificate ,my siblings birth certificate ,my uncle bank statement of 6m ,affidavi of support from my uncle sign by court,letter of sponship ,letter of sponsorship design by court and sign ,i also attached my SAT result. That the documents i can remember im going to MUN as undergraduate, pls gv me more light on how to reaply ,i want use my father now as sponsor pls what and what document wil colect from him.tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 6:39am On Aug 08, 2012
shavel: its not up to 10k I did mine for 3k.

Congrats shavel!!! Am sorry its coming late. Try to finalise plans 4 ur flight and accomodation ASAP. The more u delay, the more expensive it becomes. Congrats once more. We need more good news in da house....more medical invites, trv's and PRv's
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 7:30am On Aug 08, 2012
@ lalla89 u nid 2 go & collect ur documents 1st 2 knw y u were denied so u cn get proper advice here, trust me d pple in Nrlnd are 1daful...my observatn & questn is after havn an Hnd, y are u nw going for an undergraduate degree instead of a pgd? How old are u? because i gues dt also factors in2 ur app being considered, u cnt b vry close to 30 & going 4a B.Sc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lalla89: 8:25am On Aug 08, 2012
Don Cipher: @ lalla89 u nid 2 go & collect ur documents 1st 2 knw y u were denied so u cn get proper advice here, trust me d pple in Nrlnd are 1daful...my observatn & questn is after havn an Hnd, y are u nw going for an undergraduate degree instead of a pgd? How old are u? because i gues dt also factors in2 ur app being considered, u cnt b vry close to 30 & going 4a B.Sc
@don cipher and spencer307 my reciept is at lag and ryt nw im at kd ,can i send somebody to colect d package for me so dat i wl knw weather is trv or denial. Bt ma dad work as banker and i wnt use him as my sponsor nw, i use my uncle coz he travel to newyork by that tym and tym is going ,pls what documents wl i colect from him as sponsor ,coz i want reaply in time 4 january intake .and im 23 just finished my hnd 2011.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 08, 2012
Please,pardon me for asking but is there anywhere information has been given about a canadian student visa rejection?
A close friend just got rejected now reason being that they were not satisfied she would leave canada after her studies given her travel history.
She stayed back in the uk legally after her studies with the PSW.She is beside herself with grief and i don't know what to say.
Please answer me or at least direct me to where i can get answers.Can she appeal?I feel maybe it's the PSW?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by linclon(f): 11:28am On Aug 08, 2012
@Spencer, I am based in Canada now and need to get it from Nigeria for the Canadian immigration.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2012
linclon: @Spencer, I am based in Canada now and need to get it from Nigeria for the Canadian immigration.

Police clearance cert shld be gotten in the locations you have lived . Since u r currently in Canada, ill advise dt u get clearance cert frm Canada too. For d Nigeria own, u hv to to dt at Alagbon. Please confirm frm canadian immigration website to confirm d countries ull need to submit d certs since u hv. Lived in more than one country.
At Alagbo, they take ur finger prints, so u might have to visit there urself. There might be implicarn of impersonificatn.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cquence(m): 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hi..Good Morning house,i need informations on picking a good university where i can study petroleum engineer in Canada...please get back to me ASAP..Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2012
linclon: @Spencer, I am based in Canada now and need to get it from Nigeria for the Canadian immigration.

Am very sure it would be more expensive since the police would be aware u need it outside the country.
Secondly,nobody can do it on your behalf, since thumb print is required.all u need do is to have ur fingerprints done in canada with legal backing and send it to someone in nigeria via courial who would take it to state cid 4 processing.having done,the person would have it sent to u.All in all na money.Goodluck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2012
c-quence:
Hi..Good Morning house,i need informations on picking a good university where i can study petroleum engineer in Canada...please get back to me ASAP..Thanks

google and search for top universities offering pet engine with tuition rate.its simple.best wishes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
hispinkolo: Please,pardon me for asking but is there anywhere information has been given about a canadian student visa rejection?
A close friend just got rejected now reason being that they were not satisfied she would leave canada after her studies given her travel history.
She stayed back in the uk legally after her studies with the PSW.She is beside herself with grief and i don't know what to say.
Please answer me or at least direct me to where i can get answers.Can she appeal?I feel maybe it's the PSW?

i dnt fink u can appeal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
lalla89: @don cipher and spencer307 my reciept is at lag and ryt nw im at kd ,can i send somebody to colect d package for me so dat i wl knw weather is trv or denial. Bt ma dad work as banker and i wnt use him as my sponsor nw, i use my uncle coz he travel to newyork by that tym and tym is going ,pls what documents wl i colect from him as sponsor ,coz i want reaply in time 4 january intake .and im 23 just finished my hnd 2011.

i dnt think its advicable sending someone to get ur package for you.you have to go their with your slip and an identication card.it could be ur passport data page.dont u think its suspicious using ur uncle as sponsor earlier and now your dad?
U AV ALOT OF ASSIGNMENT TO DO ON THIS.UR DAD BEING UR SPONSOR IS THE BEST.TRY AND CONVINCE THEM BEYOUND REASONABLE DOUBT WHY U USED UR UNCLE AS YOUR PRINCIPAL SPONSOR IN YOUR FIRST APPLICATION.
BUT WHY STILL UNDERGRADUATE?HOPE UR COURSES ARE COHERENT.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
lalla89: @don cipher and spencer307 my reciept is at lag and ryt nw im at kd ,can i send somebody to colect d package for me so dat i wl knw weather is trv or denial. Bt ma dad work as banker and i wnt use him as my sponsor nw, i use my uncle coz he travel to newyork by that tym and tym is going ,pls what documents wl i colect from him as sponsor ,coz i want reaply in time 4 january intake .and im 23 just finished my hnd 2011.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 08, 2012
@lalla89,
I think its best u call vac to know if they will release ur docs to another person wit evidence of biodata copy page and collectn slip.
Wen u know d reasons for denial, we can all reason together and see how we reapply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
spencer3705:

i dnt fink u can appeal.

There is nothing like appeal in Canadian visa applicatn , u can reapply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by t4joseph: 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2012
Please I am new. I have gone through the previous post...Sorry I have to take you guys back...I am still in Nigeria. I want to find out if there is any restriction in age applying for student visa to Canada on the basis of sponsor. I am 29years and finished school 2010. My Uncle wants to sponsor me for masters. If he provides all his statements will it be accepted and is it compulsory that a certain money must also be in my account?
Also is it compulsory to do the GRE or GMATs exam for Canadian Universities. All the schools I am seeing are not requesting for it.
Myself and my Uncle share the same surname.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ancient1: 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2012

@lincoln: I had this same issue when I lived in the uk and needed that police clearance for some security stuff over there and I couldn't afford to come home at the time. There is a way out, here is what you should do. First u need to have someone get the police clearance form for you from alagbon and scan it to u, both pages. Its a black and white form so u can print it out easily. Now the form has spaces for all of your fingerprints I.e, your 10 fingers and 2 other portions for all of your fingers together both hands. Take the form to any police station wherever you reside in canada and tell them to assist you in taking your fingerprints on that form, tell them its purpose and all that. They have the correct ink for the prints and all that. They will help you in taking down your finger prints and filling the appropriate spaces as they are used to such forms and all that type of protocol. Fill in the other portions of the form, sign and attach a copy of the data page of your international passport, and I think 1 or 2 passport photos. Now post these documents to your contact in naija who will take it to alagbon with 4000 naira. Your police clearance certificate will be ready the following day. Have the person get it and post it to you. #shikena. At least thats what i did.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2012
we did almost d same thng, bt d only difference are 1. I spent more, I askd my contact to send d form by dhl then I bought ink and did everythng myself and paudN5k
ancient1:

@lincoln: I had this same issue when I lived in the uk and needed that police clearance for some security stuff over there and I couldn't afford to come home at the time. There is a way out, here is what you should do. First u need to have someone get the police clearance form for you from alagbon and scan it to u, both pages. Its a black and white form so u can print it out easily. Now the form has spaces for all of your fingerprints I.e, your 10 fingers and 2 other portions for all of your fingers together both hands. Take the form to any police station wherever you reside in canada and tell them to assist you in taking your fingerprints on that form, tell them its purpose and all that. They have the correct ink for the prints and all that. They will help you in taking down your finger prints and filling the appropriate spaces as they are used to such forms and all that type of protocol. Fill in the other portions of the form, sign and attach a copy of the data page of your international passport, and I think 1 or 2 passport photos. Now post these documents to your contact in naija who will take it to alagbon with 4000 naira. Your police clearance certificate will be ready the following day. Have the person get it and post it to you. #shikena. At least thats what i did.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2012
Also remember to include the photocopy of the data page of ur passport. Search abt police cert on CIC web
lufondu: we did almost d same thng, bt d only difference are 1. I spent more, I askd my contact to send d form by dhl then I bought ink and did everythng myself and paudN5k

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
t4joseph: Please I am new. I have gone through the previous post...Sorry I have to take you guys back...I am still in Nigeria. I want to find out if there is any restriction in age applying for student visa to Canada on the basis of sponsor. I am 29years and finished school 2010. My Uncle wants to sponsor me for masters. If he provides all his statements will it be accepted and is it compulsory that a certain money must also be in my account?
Also is it compulsory to do the GRE or GMATs exam for Canadian Universities. All the schools I am seeing are not requesting for it.
Myself and my Uncle share the same surname.

Your uncle is okay as a sponsor, forget the age tin cos u r going for a masters program...the amount in his account must be able to cater for your tuition fee, accommodation and transportation,,,,,and also for himself and family.......Most universities in Canada don't require GRE and GMAT except some courses depending on the university, check for admission requirement....................
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2012
@earthgreeners, will soon get back to u, once i scan the docs i will attach and send dem to u.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2012
shavel: @earthgreeners, will soon get back to u, once i scan the docs i will attach and send dem to u.

thanks Brother, would be expecting......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
linclon: Hi, Does anyone have information on how I can get a police clearance certificate from Nigeria for my Permanent Residence application here in Canada? Thanks

Yes ,u can get a police certificate from Alagbon,in Lagos. I personally know one of the top guys there who is a finger print expert and issues the document to people travelling abroad. You need ur finger prints and a passport sized photograph with a token fee to get ur police certificate. But since you are not physically present to do a thumb print how will u get the document from here?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 9:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
ancient1:

Yeah this will surely work
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 10:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hello hse, if one uses a sponsor who owns a company bt is presenting his personal acct & nt coy acct, does it require submitting a tax clearance?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 2:01am On Aug 09, 2012

download the police clearance form below (below my signature). I got it from their website.
Dis is what ma mum did. She filled the form, scanned it (including passport bio data page) and e-mailed it to my bro who later printed it, took it to alagbon and got the police clearance the same day then sent it back through DHL

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by linclon(f): 4:39am On Aug 09, 2012
Thanks guys for the response about the Police Character Certificate. It is quite helpful.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 09, 2012
ebugirl:

Congrats shavel!!! Am sorry its coming late. Try to finalise plans 4 ur flight and accomodation ASAP. The more u delay, the more expensive it becomes. Congrats once more. We need more good news in da house....more medical invites, trv's and PRv's

thanks sis,, i so much appreciate yah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.