Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,728 members, 7,965,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 08:10 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (523099 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2012
anyijoe:

Sorry to hear this! When did u submit? And who was ur sponsor? And what type of account did u submit and how much was on it? Do u bear d same surname with ur sponsor? I believe after u ans dis question it will help d house to treat ur question! And dnt give cos u will repackage and fire back!...it is well
Submitted may 28
Sponsor. My dad
Account. Current and domiciliary account
Amount. 5 million plus
Same surname with sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by shema: 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
(1)Confirm if your school has other resumption dates i.e if cdhc delays, you might be asked to go for other available dates.
(2)Provided your other documents are intact and what is delaying you is 'acceptance letter'.
(3)Application is best forwarded 3-4months prior to study start date. You might get response earlier enough though. It's all about luck you know.

VCTROKOYE: Abeg make una answer my questions. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The school intend to attend will send my admission letter for winter by September. I want to know if that will be too late. Please your quick response is required for quick decision.
Great Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 5:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
mikky4all:
Submitted may 28
Sponsor. My dad
Account. Current and domiciliary account
Amount. 5 million plus
Same surname with sponsor

did u submit landed properties in d name of ur sponsor?what other sponsor suporting documents did u include in ur application?
Is ur dad civil servant or buzness man?is d busines registered and wen?.u nid to refire and u wud get it.best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2012
Pls can somebody advice me, cos im so confused right now. I applied to usask in april for january admission and there was a delay with my. with collection of my transcript from my previous skool which i later gt around june. So my transcript and other necessary documents was posted around late june. And since then i havent heard anything from the skool. I have been trying to call thier number which they have neva picked. It always go to voice mail which d lady will promise to call back, but she has neva did. I have sent lots of email to the department and also to the admission department but i have gt no reply till now. My online profile still reads "incomplete items". It has not been updated since. Im so worried about dis skool. Is anyother person experiencing dis? Is anybody at university of saskatchewan here? Pls im so confused and time is going.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
amby147:

Yea bro, packaging matters, cook ur lie and give 2 dem. They re jst like magas, wash their brains well and bk every word with evidence no matter how small it is. A frnd of mine in Canada now was sponsored by a family frnd, he presented d story dat his parents died wen he was lil wen they died and they were 7 in d family he was d 1st. And he's relatives weren't assisting at all,He's Dad's frnd managed 2 train him up 2 secondary sch level, he began 2 assist in d man's coy were he developed knowledge of work exprnce relevant 2 his cos'' . 2 cut d story short, d man wrote in his sponsorship letter dat he had no kids and he's main purpose of sponsorship him is 4 him 2 acquire knowledge better knowledge in software Engg so as to reduce cost of importing and paying 4 international expatriates he hires 4 his coy,and 4 him 2 take care of his coy and himsef at oldage as he had no offsprings. So d tin is u got 2 package and cook a very sweet desert 4 dem,and they wudnt b able 2 refuse u..

Hmm...what happens when your friend decides to either have family visit or immigrate and would like to bring his family over? Please be aware that every single detail you've ever presented to the High Commission has to remain consistent. Details are checked against prior information. For instance, I do know people who have had trouble re-applying for visit visas because they couldn't remember personal details they'd filled in in prior applications for their family members (parents, siblings).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 9:24pm On Aug 26, 2012
VCTROKOYE: Please, when do I submit my document to the embassy? Is submitting 3 months to the date admission will start too late? I'll have my admission letter at the middle of septembser for winter admission.
Guy, save urself d stress & pay fedex(abt 24k) 2 go pickup ur letter, it wuld get 2u within a wik; because d mor time dlays it shortens processn time left 4u & i bet u dnt wana mk mstakes because u're ina hurry 2 submit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
rockar: Pls can somebody advice me, cos im so confused right now. I applied to usask in april for january admission and there was a delay with my. with collection of my transcript from my previous skool which i later gt around june. So my transcript and other necessary documents was posted around late june. And since then i havent heard anything from the skool. I have been trying to call thier number which they have neva picked. It always go to voice mail which d lady will promise to call back, but she has neva did. I have sent lots of email to the department and also to the admission department but i have gt no reply till now. My online profile still reads "incomplete items". It has not been updated since. Im so worried about dis skool. Is anyother person experiencing dis? Is anybody at university of saskatchewan here? Pls im so confused and time is going.

I dnt knw what is wrong with usask.....I av same prob with them, just dat Im applying for Fall 2013...my documents are not updated as received..except d payment and Exempted english...what Department are u applying to? because It depends on department
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 9:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
shema: You could go into their office to confirm the fee before heading to the bank. GTBank isnt that far from VAC. 100naira bike will get you there...its right beside Daystar church. #19,500 and some bank charges. UBA is also around but don't know the location.

Thank you.
How much is GTB's bank charge?
@Spencer told me its close to 20K
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
spencer3705:

must u pay in a bank close to vac?my guy just pay in anybank so far itz aproved by cdhc.i paid mine 50hourz distance frm lagos and it was done perfectly.LOL.best of luck

i have to save cost at the same time put in my best
i really dnt wanna get stranded in Lagos.
My wallet is gettin slimmer even before the submission date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 9:47pm On Aug 26, 2012
HELLO EVERYONE.pls I did my medical already and I was asked to pay for my TUTION FEE and BOARD.what does the board means ?cos I already have a place to stay and I am planning on paying my school fees.or is that how they write it for all given conditions like this to pay their tution fee....pls good people of nairaland..help me oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 9:51pm On Aug 26, 2012
spencer3705:

did u submit landed properties in d name of ur sponsor?what other sponsor suporting documents did u include in ur application?
Is ur dad civil servant or buzness man?is d busines registered and wen?.u nid to refire and u wud get it.best of luck.
Yes I submitted landed properties
He is a business man with a registered enterprise
Tax clearance and some valuation of properties
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 9:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
@Rockar, admin staff @ Usask are very inefficient, whn i applied last yr i had 2 call thm 2 update & correct my record cos they enter'd sum1 else's info whc they said was a mstake..so u myt nid 2 rily bug thm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 10:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
@all who hv received trv's recently @GuudGod's questn is vry inportant because we've not heard of any1 being ask'd 2 pay for tuition & boarding, pls clarify. 1 luv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by shema: 10:47pm On Aug 26, 2012
Draft charge is #297.50.

lillaowow:

Thank you.
How much is GTB's bank charge?
@Spencer told me its close to 20K
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 10:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
[quote author=Don Cipher]@Rockar, admin staff @ Usask are very inefficient, whn i applied last yr i had 2 call thm 2 update & correct my record cos they enter'd sum1 else's info whc they said was a mstake..so u myt nid 2 rily bug thm.

You are right, I am having same experience, My documents are complete (but no update) and I have written the sec. up to 7 times no response. I have also called once and the voice mail directed me to write an email. Its so pathethic. Mine is winter admission 2013.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by goddeymydear: 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
rockar: Pls can somebody advice me, cos im so confused right now. I applied to usask in april for january admission and there was a delay with my. with collection of my transcript from my previous skool which i later gt around june. So my transcript and other necessary documents was posted around late june. And since then i havent heard anything from the skool. I have been trying to call thier number which they have neva picked. It always go to voice mail which d lady will promise to call back, but she has neva did. I have sent lots of email to the department and also to the admission department but i have gt no reply till now. My online profile still reads "incomplete items". It has not been updated since. Im so worried about dis skool. Is anyother person experiencing dis? Is anybody at university of saskatchewan here? Pls im so confused and time is going.

i got into Usas for the Fall 2012 semster. they never update their website to tick off the documents they have recieved or not.. so dont be too worried about that.contact your department directly. that might help a bit. i also got my admission letter somwhat late, but make sure you keep calling them, if they dont pick up, send multiple emails - i even went as far as emailing the dean of my deoartment. do whatever you gotta do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by goddeymydear: 11:25pm On Aug 26, 2012
Hi all,

Been silently following this website for a while and can't even start expresiing how grateful I am to God for finding it.

I need ur advice - I gained admission into Uni of saskatchewan for the Fall 2012 semester, but didn't get my admsiSsion letter on time so I didn't end up applying to VAC until the 29th of June 2012. Which gives me a little over 2 months for visa processing. School starts first week in September ( which is just less than 2 weks away). Adly, I hve come to the conclusion that getting a medical call at this time might be a little to late. So I already called my scholl to send me a new admission letter for the January 2013 start date - I should be getting it sometime in September. My question now is - do I email CDHC to let them know my plan so I can update my file for Jan 2013 admission? And if I do, would I have to turn in a new appliction? And go through the whole process again? Has anyone being through this? I m trying to get my Jan appliation rolling so I have at least 3 to 4 months before resumption date!

Look forward to responses. Thanks guys!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
goddeymydear:

i got into Usas for the Fall 2012 semster. they never update their website to tick off the documents they have recieved or not.. so dont be too worried about that.contact your department directly. that might help a bit. i also got my admission letter somwhat late, but make sure you keep calling them, if they dont pick up, send multiple emails - i even went as far as emailing the dean of my deoartment. do whatever you gotta do.

Since u are there, you can physically and verbally help him with his case.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by goddeymydear: 11:47pm On Aug 26, 2012
ferdiii:

Since u are there, you can physically and verbally help him with his case.

I am not in canada yet! I wish. I don't think I said anything in my previous postabout being in canda, I did apply n got admmitted for the fall semester but it came late so I'm reapplying for winter 2013.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 27, 2012
sup my fellow nlers?,,, just landed calgary int'l airport after a long travel time from amsterdam,,, still waiting for my last connecting flight to manitoba,,,,,,,see ya larer....

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by shema: 12:21am On Aug 27, 2012
Fly safe bruv...All the best. Enjoy!
shavel: sup my fellow nlers?,,, just landed calgary int'l airport after a long travel time from amsterdam,,, still waiting for my last connecting flight to manitoba,,,,,,,see ya larer....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 3:24am On Aug 27, 2012
Please I want to know if University of Saskatchewan is a nice school because that is where I got my admission to do a Master program in Public Administration.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 3:37am On Aug 27, 2012
Rapuziaokwu: Please I want to know if University of Saskatchewan is a nice school because that is where I got my admission to do a Master program in Public Administration.

Were you given an admission to this school without you applying?
Did you check how nice the school if before applying?
BTW . . . Most of the schools in Canada are great schools and teaches well for better opportunities and University of Saskatchewan is not an exception.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:21am On Aug 27, 2012
amby147:

Yea bro, packaging matters, cook ur lie and give 2 dem. They re jst like magas, wash their brains well and bk every word with evidence no matter how small it is. A frnd of mine in Canada now was sponsored by a family frnd, he presented d story dat his parents died wen he was lil wen they died and they were 7 in d family he was d 1st. And he's relatives weren't assisting at all,He's Dad's frnd managed 2 train him up 2 secondary sch level, he began 2 assist in d man's coy were he developed knowledge of work exprnce relevant 2 his cos'' . 2 cut d story short, d man wrote in his sponsorship letter dat he had no kids and he's main purpose of sponsorship him is 4 him 2 acquire knowledge better knowledge in software Engg so as to reduce cost of importing and paying 4 international expatriates he hires 4 his coy,and 4 him 2 take care of his coy and himsef at oldage as he had no offsprings. So d tin is u got 2 package and cook a very sweet desert 4 dem,and they wudnt b able 2 refuse u..

Do not encourage people to lie in their visa application, since you are a prospective applicant lead by example, package yours with lies and come back here to tell us how it goes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:52am On Aug 27, 2012
[quote author=geotherm][/quote]

about U of Sask.
same happened to me.
Tho i never had problem with them replying my email..infact, if i should mail them this morning, by 2-3pm, they would have replied me
i remembered a time i mailed the admission team, and Five mins later, i got my reply
But they just forgot i've been admitted..infact, they totally forgot about me being admitted, so my admission letter came late for FALL start date
i had to mail them, that was when they remembered i've been admitted around JUNE29
Keep mailing them BUT be gentle with them, those oyinbo ppl are over sensitive with words.
Honestly, they're swift to my own Emails.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 7:41am On Aug 27, 2012
what department did u get admitted?
lillaowow:

about U of Sask.
same happened to me.
Tho i never had problem with them replying my email..infact, if i should mail them this morning, by 2-3pm, they would have replied me
i remembered a time i mailed the admission team, and Five mins later, i got my reply
But they just forgot i've been admitted..infact, they totally forgot about me being admitted, so my admission letter came late for FALL start date

i had to mail them, that was when they remembered i've been admitted around JUNE29
Keep mailing them BUT be gentle with them, those oyinbo ppl are over sensitive with words.
Honestly, they're swift to my own Emails.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jerohstones: 7:49am On Aug 27, 2012
Send it via UPS, when they receive it they will give you a call. They won't respond to your emails and it may take days for them to read it. Depending on where u reside its about N3000 or less. Address to: The Visa Section, Canadian Deputy High Commission, No. 4 Anifowoshe street, Victoria Island. Lagos. It will get there the next day. All the best! Cheers
goddeymydear: Hi all,

Been silently following this website for a while and can't even start expresiing how grateful I am to God for finding it.

I need ur advice - I gained admission into Uni of saskatchewan for the Fall 2012 semester, but didn't get my admsiSsion letter on time so I didn't end up applying to VAC until the 29th of June 2012. Which gives me a little over 2 months for visa processing. School starts first week in September ( which is just less than 2 weks away). Adly, I hve come to the conclusion that getting a medical call at this time might be a little to late. So I already called my scholl to send me a new admission letter for the January 2013 start date - I should be getting it sometime in September. My question now is - do I email CDHC to let them know my plan so I can update my file for Jan 2013 admission? And if I do, would I have to turn in a new appliction? And go through the whole process again? Has anyone being through this? I m trying to get my Jan appliation rolling so I have at least 3 to 4 months before resumption date!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 8:09am On Aug 27, 2012
@ newacca, ebugirl, fehmmy, and all good ppl of nairaland, most especially those who have gotten deir trv and those in canada........ Plz i need a sample of ur statment of purpose (letter of intent) as i will b goin to submit my apps nxt wk in VAC. I did physics elect in undergrad and now am goin 4 intl biz magtn 4 my PGD. I need advice and help in writing out my statement of purpose........ Do send it to my mail box: cletus161@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 8:28am On Aug 27, 2012
Pls how will I know if my Application has got to Canadian embassy? I submit last week and VAC sent me a tracking number that is more or less not usable on their site. Pls respond. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jerohstones: 9:42am On Aug 27, 2012
Also add a letter explaining, u can also use this opportuinity to add some stuff u think u could have done better
jerohstones: Send it via UPS, when they receive it they will give you a call. They won't respond to your emails and it may take days for them to read it. Depending on where u reside its about N3000 or less. Address to: The Visa Section, Canadian Deputy High Commission, No. 4 Anifowoshe street, Victoria Island. Lagos. It will get there the next day. All the best! Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 10:46am On Aug 27, 2012
goddeymydear: Hi all,

i got my admision into usask 2 weeks after my application.the school responds to mails on time.i was issued admision leter wit 2 start dates.sept and january starts.av got it since march...if u are issued wit a start date.i guess it sud b fake.make sure u send mails to corect adress
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by goddeymydear: 11:42am On Aug 27, 2012
Thank you. Ill do that as soon as I get myt admssion letter. Like u suggested, ill alSo add anything I think will mak my appl stand out.

jerohstones: Also add a letter explaining, u can also use this opportuinity to add some stuff u think u could have done better

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.