Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,689 members, 7,898,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 12:36 PM

Will You Marry An Atheist? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will You Marry An Atheist? (28309 Views)

Can U Marry An Atheist??? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2012
all4naija: Truly, you formulate and procrastinate. You are using your basic human instincts to support your arguments. There is nothing wrong in that but don't expect everybody would agree with you.

The instinct is the supernatural - it's something that can never be explained..

We may agree to disagree, anyway.
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2012
shymmex:

The instinct is the supernatural - it's something that can never be explained..

We may agree to disagree, anyway.
Hahaha... I was expecting that one. Nice one indeed. I think I like you.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
all4naija: Hahaha... I was expecting that one. Nice one indeed. I think I like you.

Personally, I had to study about atheism and every other concept out there - when I got fed up with Christianity.. But the things I couldn't deny were my instincts, conscience, and intuition - which were inborn in me.. I considered everything - and I came to conclusion that it's better to follow the God concept - and embrace everything that was inborn in me (African)..

The world is a very complex place!

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by ronkebp(f): 8:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
shymmex:

Personally, I had to study about atheism and every other concept out there - when I got fed up with Christianity.. But the things I couldn't deny were my instincts, conscience, and intuition - which were inborn in me.. I considered everything - and I came to conclusion that it's better to follow the God concept - and embrace everything that was inborn in me (African)..

Gbagamm!!!!!it is all about the instinct!!!!!
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
all4naija: Hahaha... I was expecting that one. Nice one indeed. I think I like you.
@shymmex and all4naija
cry cry cry TOO CUTE......
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
shymmex:

Okay African. I am black and proud. Why I my black? Religion says because blahblahblah...black - just a side point.
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
all4naija: Okay African. I am black and proud. Why I my black? Religion says because blahblahblah...black - just a side point.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Religion said you're black because of the curse of HAM!!! bwahahahahahahaa
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
Shollypopz:
@shymmex and all4naija
Whatever! You are the one taking it on the wrong foot. I am not gay,bi-sexual, I am straight and I am not against them either
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
Shollypopz:
@shymmex and all4naija

Are you jealous? shocked wink

When am I meeting your family for the formal introduction? wink kiss
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 15, 2012
@all4naija: Jeez! i know! i'm just saying it was cute the way u guys discourse ended! No beef intended!
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 15, 2012
^^^^Dammit! I'm trying to wife you up, woman.
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
Shollypopz: @all4naija: Jeez! i know! i'm just saying it was cute the way u guys discourse ended! No beef intended!
Oh! Okay. I misunderstood you there a little.

How are you?
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by igbo2011(m): 9:20pm On Jun 15, 2012
Logic Mind:

Nope. Already got loads but Naija babes are the most jesus-freak of all.

Lol that is true. I would marry an athiest because I am agnostic/spiritual/athiest all depending on my mood. I don't follow any religions.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2012
emöfine2:

Very interesting...do you recall the title of the book?

Is that difficult to fathom?....would it seem so absurd?...although I doubt that was what she was implying.

However on the flip-side some people believe in the existence of “God” because they read a book...the bible. So if indeed queensmith went about it the other way it’s no different to those who discovered their faith through the pages of a book.

P.S. Goldie don’t bite my head off *runs*

Bite your head off ke,your conscience would handle that,so, worry not.
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2012
Logic Mind:

Why would any sane person want to marry a woman like this?

What made you to believe you are sane??
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 10:43pm On Jun 15, 2012
shymmex:

If you lead your life based on the Bible, then you're definitely condemned to failure - because the Bible contradicts itself from chapter to chapter... To me, the Bible was a poorly written book - just a combination of different ancient scriptures, and allegories - by a group of people looking for something to believe in...

I'd say the Qu'ran is a better written book than the Bible (I've read the two books)..

What a shame,i don't expect such statement from you. May God in His infinite mercy forgive you,
for typing these lies.

Am out of this useless thread.
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 15, 2012
Goldieluks:
What a shame,i don't expect such statement from you. May God in His infinite mercy forgive you,
for typing these lies.

Am out of this useless thread.

Queen, how do you mean? God has already forgiven me - and he lives inside of me..

I wasn't trying to rubbish your belief system, I was just stating facts.. Don't get me wrong, I do read the bible - and I love the books of psalms, proverb, and the songs of Solomon (the best books ever written IMO).. But following the Bible from chapter to chapter is a very wrong thing to do..

How can the book of Genesis tell me not to kill - yet most prophets in the Bible killed people?

How can the book of Genesis tell me not to commit adultery - yet Abraham, David etc. committed adultery?

The Songs of Solomon, Psalm, and Proverbs will always be close to my heart - and prophet Isaiah, Elijah, Joseph, David, and Solomon will always be my favourite prophets.

I'm still a redeemer, and my parents are still Deacon and Deaconess in the redeemed church of God - but I'm an African with an African mind. grin wink
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 11:38pm On Jun 15, 2012
foyeks2001: my bible tells me that '' do not be equally yoked with unbelievers'' meaning d suppose partner can as well influences ur faith in God be it positively or negatively....but always good to be on a safer side....so it is a capital NO for me

Fantastic!

My sense tells me that '' do not be equally egged with people with the ratiocination capability of only following the rules of some senseless medieval fairytales'' which means my partner should not be a egg-head, even though they can not influence me considering my intellect, their reasoning can piss me the fck off. grin grin grin
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 11:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sweetlemon:
You don't get it do you? I ask again, how can you marry someone who does not recognize someone you call your father? Your answer is as good as mine. It all depends how much you love or value your the person you call your father. Shikena!

[Shakes Head] undecided
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 11:43pm On Jun 15, 2012
shymmex:

Queen, how do you mean? God has already forgiven me - and he lives inside of me..

I wasn't trying to rubbish your belief system, I was just stating facts.. Don't get me wrong, I do read the bible - and I love the books of psalms, proverb, and the songs of Solomon (the best books ever written IMO).. But following the Bible from chapter to chapter is a very wrong thing to do..

How can the book of Genesis tell me not to kill - yet most prophets in the Bible killed people?

How can the book of Genesis tell me not to commit adultery - yet Abraham, David etc. committed adultery?

The Songs of Solomon, Psalm, and Proverbs will always be close to my heart - and prophet Isaiah, Elijah, Joseph, David, and Solomon will always be my favourite prophets.

I'm still a redeemer, and my parents are still Deacon and Deaconess in the redeemed church of God - but I'm an African with an African mind. grin wink

I see where you are coming from, but let me make this clear to you that, Christianity is a thing
of the mind, and the Bible is there as a guide to humanity. Sincerely speaking,it contains both good and bad example.
But,thank God for giving mankind the ability to know right from wrong. It is now left for us humans to either
follow what is right, or keep reminding ourselves of the wrong doings of some few people in the bible, forgetting that
we all have our personal cross to carry.
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 11:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
Shollypopz: Nope, my religion forbids me to. sad
But if he's very intelligent though, i'll pray that the Holy spirit touches his heart and invite him to all the church services i can think of. sad sad

If he is very intelligent, he is highly unlikely to take up the invite.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2012
emöfine2:

Is this commandment exclusive to marriage? What about buisness partners etc...

Well said, well asked!

If she believes in her medieval fairytales of ignorance, she would go and live like the Amish so she does not yoke with unbelievers.
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 15, 2012
Goldieluks:
I see where you are coming from, but let me make this clear to you that, Christianity is a thing
of the mind, and the Bible is there as a guide to humanity. Sincerely speaking,it contains both good and bad example.
But,thank God for giving mankind the ability to know right from wrong. It is now left for us humans to either
follow what is right, or keep reminding ourselves of the wrong doings of some few people in the bible, forgetting that
we all have our personal cross to carry.

Your conscience and instincts naturally tell you what's right, or wrong - it's just left for you to decipher it based on the laws governing wherever you live..

God help us all!
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 12:00am On Jun 16, 2012
shymmex:

Your conscience and instincts naturally tells what's right, or wrong - it's just left for you to decipher it based on the laws government wherever you like..

God help us all!

Amen.
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by ghostofsparta(m): 12:39am On Jun 16, 2012
shymmex:

And will you believe whatever assertion the scientists put forward as the origin of creation?

Why shouldn't I? Is it not through science the internet you are using is possible? is it not through science the loudspeaker and LCDs the church uses is possible?

Shymmex scientists adjust their view based on new scientific revelation and unlike religionists who are dogmatic and rigid. The only place where I fall out with white man's science is that they have a mindset that is observes and study ONLY within the boundaries of physical.

Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 1:57am On Jun 16, 2012
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:08am On Jun 16, 2012
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:14am On Jun 16, 2012
^^u keep talking like you can prove the non existence of a God! Pls do not let me humble you
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:20am On Jun 16, 2012
Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:29am On Jun 16, 2012
Royal-VII:
@Sholly
My thing is more with this notion that Religion is the natural order before non belief...

Which is inaccurate. Non Belief is the Natural Ideology.

Religion is the Adopted one.

I haven't thought/heard about this before. Which is very weird because i'm surrounded by people that thrive on debate and ----------------------------------------------------------------
Well, after scrutinizing what you wrote in my head. I'll put it to you that the Natural ideology is Ignorance (lol)
Religion or Non-Religion is later adopted.
But i seem to have a problem with 'the conscience'. Naturally, we tend to have a conscience that tells us what's right from wrong. Some Christian theologians have argued that being created in God's image in the bible referenced the Conscience and Spirit form. That is, conscience is supposed to be God's hand print on us. Now if there is any truth to this, my above claim would be nullified and Religion would be the Natural ideology. [from a Christian's pov]
However, psychologists have stated that during the ages of 3 & 4, the parents of a child serve as an 'external conscience' and they don't start to develop an internal conscience till the age of 6. This shows that the child's conscience has been formed and influenced based on the parents beleifs and surroundings. Thereby, repudiating the theologians.
For now, i'll stick to my stance. Ignorance is the natural Ideology!
P.S: Sorry 4 d late response. My roommate kept trying to engage me in a gay discourse. Couldn't escape it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Ahiara Crisis; Protesters Storm Imo Catholic Church, Reject Pope's Decison. PICS / Let All The Saints Get Ready For The Rapture / Samuel Adefila Abidoye's 2018 Prophecy: Celebrities And Politicians Will Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.