Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,284 members, 7,950,485 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:02 PM

Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money (1120 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Man Seek Divorce From Wife Because She Has Lost Her Beauty And Figure / Woman Marries Her Sister's Convicted Killer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money by odumchi: 3:08am On Jun 13, 2012
Ok so here's the situation that someone I know is in:

A woman (who I know) was given some money to hold by her husband (who happens to be a businessman) before he went on a business trip. He instructed his wife to hold the money for him so that he could use it upon his return. Shortly after his departure, the woman's sister came to her asking for some money to help complete an office project. Conscious of her promise to her husband, the woman told her sister that she had no money.

Despite this, her sister continued to beg and goad her. The woman decided to help her sister by giving her her husband's money under the condition that she would pay back as soon as the project was completed. Finally, a week later, the woman called her sister and asked her about the money but her sister said to call her back in a few days. After a few days, the woman called again and this time her sister began complaining that the project had failed and that she'd lost her money.

Now, with the money gone, the woman is confused, angry, and uncertain. She suspects that her sister's husband (who is also a businessman) might have taken the money and put it into his business. Just recently, the woman's husband flew back into the country and is currently in the East. According to her, her husband has made no mention of the money, but she's afraid that he might ask her to bring it with her to meet him in the East.
Re: Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money by odumchi: 7:36am On Jun 13, 2012
Now, on a serious note, what would you guys do if you were in her position? What would you advise her to do?
Re: Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money by Afam4eva(m): 9:44am On Jun 13, 2012
The moral of the story is that you don't give people money that does not belong to you. The lady should just tel her husband about it and be scolded and then they can move on with their lives.
Re: Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 13, 2012
afam4eva: The moral of the story is that you don't give people money that does not belong to you. The lady should just tel her husband about it and be scolded and then they can move on with their lives.

True talk.
Re: Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money by odumchi: 2:53pm On Jun 13, 2012
afam4eva: The moral of the story is that you don't give people money that does not belong to you. The lady should just tel her husband about it and be scolded and then they can move on with their lives.

Although it's the best thing to do, it sounds easy on paper.
Re: Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money by 2mch(m): 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2012
The fact remains that she was scammed by her own sister. I dont believe in letting scammers get away. This is why they (scammers) have been able to succeed in Nigeria. People just let the money go. Besides, who says the husband can afford to lose the money? Simply take the sister to court and get your money back. If they claim they dont have the money, ask the judge to pass judgement on one of their personal assets you know about. House, car etc. They will have to sign off ownership to you, which you will sell the property to reclaim your money. simples. cool. Scammers dey suffer for my hand. When i work hard for my money, you cannot steal from me and go free. Even if i steal the money gan sef. undecided

1 Like

Re: Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money by 2mch(m): 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2012
Re: Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money by odumchi: 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2012
2mch: The fact remains that she was scammed by her own sister. I dont believe in letting scammers get away. This is why they (scammers) have been able to succeed in Nigeria. People just let the money go. Besides, who says the husband can afford to lose the money? Simply take the sister to court and get your money back. If they claim they dont have the money, ask the judge to pass judgement on one of their personal assets you know about. House, car etc. They will have to sign off ownership to you, which you will sell the property to reclaim your money. simples. cool. Scammers dey suffer for my hand. When i work hard for my money, you cannot steal from me and go free. Even if i steal the money gan sef. undecided

I like you approach, but remember that they're sister. Imagine the irreparable damage that suing one's sibling would cause.
Re: Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money by 2mch(m): 3:59pm On Jun 13, 2012
odumchi:

I like you approach, but remember that they're sister. Imagine the irreparable damage that suing one's sibling would cause.

The damage has already been done. She was scammed by the sister. Its a different thing to ask for money without the promise of paying it back. And this is obviously money that the woman cannot afford to lose? What if the husband insists on getting his money back? Did he work for them? And besides the sister first said she needed the money for an office project, not a business transaction. So how can an office project fail? And why the hell will an office ask you to bring money for a project in the first place if it wasnt a private business? undecided
Re: Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money by odumchi: 11:14pm On Jun 13, 2012
2mch:

The damage has already been done. She was scammed by the sister. Its a different thing to ask for money without the promise of paying it back. And this is obviously money that the woman cannot afford to lose? What if the husband insists on getting his money back? Did he work for them? And besides the sister first said she needed the money for an office project, not a business transaction. So how can an office project fail? And why the hell will an office ask you to bring money for a project in the first place if it wasnt a private business? undecided

If the husband insists, then that means that there's big trouble. However, if he chooses to forgive her and let it serve as a lesson to his wife, then that'll be a relief. However, I'm sure he will suspect his sister-inlaw and her husband. As for the woman, she is also self-employed.
Re: Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money by moremi2008(m): 11:28pm On Jun 13, 2012
God give us the wisdom to avoid daft wives.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Long Term Method Of Contraception. / Men Warned Not To Share Wife’s Breast While Breast Feeding - See More At: Http:/ / Learning From Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.