Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,097 members, 7,890,619 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:02 PM

What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? (9603 Views)

I Wants To Join Nollywood / Join Nollywood! / How To Join Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? by LuvMercy(f): 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2012
I want to be an actress and i guess others too,how do we join?
Re: What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2012
I am a producer in the industry!
you must have heard of Doyinsola Oduwole ryt?...okay good
I must tell you it is not easy..u have to be prepared.
send me an email to doyindav@yahoo.com
We continue from there.
Re: What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? by Briareos(m): 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2012
Just wondering if doyindav would have answered Luv Mercy (f) had the (f) in front of her username is (m) undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
Briareos: Just wondering if doyindav would have answered Luv Mercy (f) had the (f) in front of her username is (m) undecided
Yeye de smell.
Re: What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? by vinderbilt: 11:42am On Jun 17, 2012
Work on your talent, start small and while you are still young. Drama is a good way to start and you cant be a star in the first day.
Re: What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? by Decryptor(m): 5:13am On Jul 27, 2012
doyindav: I am a producer in the industry!
you must have heard of Doyinsola Oduwole ryt?...okay good
I must tell you it is not easy..u have to be prepared.
send me an email to doyindav@yahoo.com
We continue from there.

Another p.u.ss.y is about to get fuckęddd

1 Like

Re: What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? by VillageBoi(m): 7:22am On Jul 27, 2012
Luv Mercy: I want to be an actress and i guess others too,how do we join?

I have no idea but I guess if you live in Gongola e go hard oh! If you live in Lagos it might be easier... if you CAN act find out where auditions are being held and go there.
Re: What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? by lynx200(m): 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2012
Most audition notices in Lagos are pasted at two centers Winnis hotel in Surulere not far from Lawanson b stop and National theater. Others are pasted around but most of the notices are at this two centers.If you want to act in the Yoruba industry go to the blue roof at Lagos television Agidingbi Ikeja.(Note that they are more likely to give up comers a chance but the pay is much poorer than the English industry) If you're in Asaba go to the Zenith hotel where most producers, actors and crew members gather. If in Enugu go to the Actors Guild of Nigeria office there (Forget that trash about joining the association to get jobs. Most of my colleagues who are members haven't gained anything from their membership. They don't give jobs!). Disregard any producer telling u to come and see him except if u really want to go as most of them are just exploiters. Hope you're in a theater group(school, church etc) as this would help u beat most of the wannabees out there. Make sure you improve your diction. Hope this advice helps. I will soon open a thread for audition notices in Lagos only.
Luv Mercy: I want to be an actress and i guess others too,how do we join?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? by VillageBoi(m): 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2012
lynx200: Most audition notices in Lagos are pasted at two centers Winnis hotel in Surulere not far from Lawanson b stop and National theater. Others are pasted around but most of the notices are at this two centers.If you want to act in the Yoruba industry go to the blue roof at Lagos television Agidingbi Ikeja.(Note that they are more likely to give up comers a chance but the pay is much poorer than the English industry) If you're in Asaba go to the Zenith hotel where most producers, actors and crew members gather. If in Enugu go to the Actors Guild of Nigeria office there (Forget that trash about joining the association to get jobs. Most of my colleagues who are members haven't gained anything from their membership. They don't give jobs!). Disregard any producer telling u to come and see him except if u really want to go as most of them are just exploiters. Hope you're in a theater group(school, church etc) as this would help u beat most of the wannabees out there. Make sure you improve your diction. Hope this advice helps. I will soon open a thread for audition notices in Lagos only.

Lynx, you post very good and valuable information. Though I am not in Nigeria at the moment I do want to some more filming there in the near future. Good to see someone that actually knows about the industry there.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? by Qoaki3k: 5:46am On Jul 09, 2014
Memory Read......
Re: What Is The Direct Path To Follow Trying To Join Nollywood? by pinkp: 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2017
I just heard of a company that moved to Nigeria recently, looking for talents.
If you are good, send your names and phone number to poweralive95@gmail.com
May b u are the next big nollywood star I wish u luck!!!!

(1) (Reply)

What is the most interesting TV program you have ever watched? / 800,000 Youths Trained In Film Production In Katsina State - NFC / Nigerian Home Video Titles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.