Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,533 members, 7,965,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 08:37 AM

Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff (14440 Views)

See The Best Internet Data Plans / Bundles From MTN Etisalat Airtel And Globacom / How To Hack Wireless/lan Networks / Cheap Internet Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by folahann(m): 6:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
Try etisalat, it is very good, I tell you. They even give you free more MB and the data is not consumed at a high speed. You can get up to 300mb free for subscrbing to a plan.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
tecmon: I loaded an Airtel internet bundle of 200MB and you wont believe it , it just vanished in about 3hrs of browsing, when it is meant to last for one month. I changed to Glo 10mb daily plan and that was a disaster, they took the NGN100 without giving me the data, next i loaded again and got error message that the plan im trying to purchase is not compatible with my current data plan-Instant surf, pls is instant surf not the same thing as 10mb 24hrs plan ? , why are they telling me its not compatible , i tried reset - its an unknown command !, i call 121 customer care and they are closed !!!, i ran to MTN for looking for succour and they aslo took my 10mb in a few mins !!, tell me is this not witchcraft !! angry

Wake up man. No one is cheating you. How on earth will 200Mb last for one month bro? The one month is just validity period.

if you use the bundle on PC and checking the photos of babes on Fb, trust me, you will finish the bundle within an hour. It all depends on what you do online.

As for Glo, your subscription is still there. You must use the first 10Mb before you can subscribe to another bundle, else you will be getting the error message. Text "info" to 127 and you will get a reply containing the balance of your bundle. To use your bundle, ensure you have the "gloflat" settings ( apn = gloflat, username = flat, pswd = flat) on your phone and modem.

1 Like

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2012
oayombo: 200MB vanished in 3hrs? I guess you connected your phone to a laptop and started downloading. You used it up, data no dey vanish
guy this is naija o . Had a bad experience with mtn few days ago . I was having 1,420naira on my phone few days ago , i was suppose to watch football in a viewing centre but time was just not on my side and a decided to check goal.Com for result , infact i did not even open more than the homepage and to my greatest surprise i wanted to make a call just 30minutes after checking just the homepage of goal.Com and the useless machine said i had insufficient bal , i checked my bal and i saw 0.00k ,i quickly call the customer care centre and it was there i was made to understand that it was data that consume 1,420naira on phone . I WAS SPEECHLESS THEN I LATER REALISED MTN HAD TO PAY NCC FINE AND THEY NEEDED MONEY BADLY JUST LIKE OTEDOLA AND SAINT FACRUK

3 Likes

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
Can someone suggest the best service provider whose modem I can buy/how much?. I need one with a very fast internet speed. Thanks in advance!
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by niyimat(m): 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
If you what to be using the tiny 10MB for your computer, then its like you are feeding a lion some little bones of the rat. And if that is the case, there is a ways to go about it:
1) you have to learn the go in and get out tactic. If you want to load google, then you have to load it and get out immediately, you have to load your page and log out immediately. Doing this, you can comfortably check your facebook update, apply for the jobs and even read some online news conveniently. Otherwise, if you leave it there connected, it does not take your computer 5minutes to consume all the 10mb.

2) Get a blackberry, subscribe for a week or month and get connected 24/7.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by alienware(m): 6:35pm On Jun 15, 2012
tecmon: I loaded an Airtel internet bundle of 200MB and you wont believe it , it just vanished in about 3hrs of browsing, when it is meant to last for one month. I changed to Glo 10mb daily plan and that was a disaster, they took the NGN100 without giving me the data, next i loaded again and got error message that the plan im trying to purchase is not compatible with my current data plan-Instant surf, pls is instant surf not the same thing as 10mb 24hrs plan ? , why are they telling me its not compatible , i tried reset - its an unknown command !, i call 121 customer care and they are closed !!!, i ran to MTN for looking for succour and they aslo took my 10mb in a few mins !!, tell me is this not witchcraft !! angry
so u bought 200mb & u used it for 3hrs & u are complaining ? Hahahahaha, i can't stop laughing here. I use some crazy softwares like scrapebox, article marketing robot etc for internet marketing, i use 200mb for abt 20 minute and i once loaded 3GB & within 6 hrs i have used up 1.9GB blasting comments to abt 7000 wordpress blog. Guy internet usage is expensive here oh.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by Tozer(m): 6:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
Via Control panel,check your windows update, remove it from automatic update. Then Facebook on laptop consumes a lot of data. Those pictures there do serious injury to your data bundle especially when you are on 200MB per month. If you must visit Facebook and other data-heavy sites, do so on your mobile, that way your data bundle lasts longer.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by sdbaba: 6:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
I had the airtel and the speed was slower than that of a snail, I gave up after it took me 25minutes to open my yahoo box and found out that my 1GB for the month was almost used up in that one site opening. I've not used it in the last six months or so. I went and purchased MTN and decided to be doing the daily plan of N500, loaded that one as i was to begin browsing, NEPA took light. I then logged out of the MTN MODEM Software, powered down my laptop and went to switch on my gen. When I powered up my laptop after that and logged into the MTN Software and tried to browse, it was giving me blank pages. I then went to check my balance and it was telling me my 200MB subscription had been used up - UNDER FIVE MINUTES, abeg oh!! All these things are just rip offs abeg
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by ACM10: 6:55pm On Jun 15, 2012

200MB is not up to the size of the videos that I watch on youtube. Pls find a way to enjoy your internet access and avoid the rip-off of internet service providers in Nigeria
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by amosy007: 6:56pm On Jun 15, 2012
mjconcept:
Lmao on bolded, bro. are you outside Milky way galaxy?

grin grin yes now...I don't see nigeria as third world country o...I see them as 5-6th
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by amosy007: 6:58pm On Jun 15, 2012
ariy:

1. Ghana: average download speed being 4.78 Mbps (77th)

2. Zimbabwe: average download speed of 4.65 Mbp (80th)

3. Kenya: average download speeds of 4.46 Mbps (84th)

4. Libya: average download speed clocked in at 4.27 Mbps (86th)

5. Madagascar: average download speed of 4.25 Mbps (87th)

6. South Africa: average download speed of 2.85Mbps (114th)

7. Morocco: average download speed of 2.84 Mbps (115th)

8. Nigeria: average download speed was clocked at 2.41 Mbps (130th)
Netcom Africa Limited:download speed with 22.47 Mbps (Highest)
Internet Solutions with 4.55 Mbps
VDT Communications Limited with 3.64 Mbps
Starcomms Limited 0.33 Mbps (Lowest)
Swift Networks Limited 0.51 Mbps.

9. Rwanda:average download speed of 2.15 Mbps

10. Mozambique: average download speed was 1.96 Mbps (140th)

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2012/04/africas-top-ten-countries-with-fastest-internet-speeds/

Who is dis mumu now?.... What has dis post got to do with price of internet? Are u alright?
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by egift(m): 7:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
Me I dey download movies like crazy, so handing me those few gigs is not good at all. I dey unlimited - at least my only issue is with PowerHoldings grin
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 15, 2012
is blackberry really unlimited even wit downloads. Using glo at d mment,is really fast wit d 3.5g bt kind of confusd if d 3g consumes mre than edge netwk.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by Orikinla(m): 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2012
I have been using the MTN Internet bundle for months and I am very happy with the service. I use it to blog and update my websites without stress.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by Taiw(m): 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2012
[quote][/quote] use gloflat as ur APN, web:gprs on ur E6 under settings. Then open opera min and go to the saved profile n select the one u configured with this settings.thats all.u do d same 4 2go too.it works fyn as long as its gloflat nt glosecure nor glodirect bt jus gloflat
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by 9zeros(m): 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2012
ITbomb:
Megareal and ibidapko hope you got it.
My little trick, though I can't verify for others, don't check your balance no matter how tempting till when the month is nearly over and they start sending the 'your crapberry subscription will soon expire', you check your balance and you MAY get another one month
wow
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by mekulonaire(m): 8:35pm On Jun 15, 2012
guy dats bullshit is dt witchcraft or wat ...it isnt possible .....airtel 4 life
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by Clemzy16(m): 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2012
Same thing do happens to me as well. Well, about the other complain you made about the 10MB. I guess they didn't give you because it wasen't up to 7 days before you requested for another . I will just advise you to off your images when browsing. It will be a lot beter.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by ItGeek(m): 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
elewedu: I had the same bad experience with glo, I subscribed for the 200mb and it was wiped out in jst 20mins. Men I was so shocked,confused, frustrated and furious. I later learnt I was using their 3g internet service that moves @ blazin speed, plus the fact that all my softwares we're on automatic update. So my advice
1. Remove automatic update on your windows update
2. Uncheck ur add ins
3. Uncheck automatic update on ur adobe reader
4. Follow the "gloflat" advice.

Regards

you've said it all bros, only antivirus update on will wipe his 200mb in minutes on glonetwork.

In ma opinion its always good to find out about the cos of an issue/problem before calling names and making allegations.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by cardoso111(m): 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
Any time you change your bundle in GLO you have to CANCEL that bundle to 127 then enter your new desired bundle
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by crackhouse(m): 9:58pm On Jun 15, 2012
it shows ur village people are hunting u. My dear u need serious prayers.

2 Likes

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by folahann(m): 11:47pm On Jun 15, 2012
You can't really blame these service providers that much for the cost. You should know the volume of Diesel their generators consume everyday.
The only thing is that no matter how much they charge, we should be able to get high quality service.
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by abiamahart: 11:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
Mtn too ripped me off recently on its 10MB per day internet plan. after deducting the N100 subsciiption i received an sms notice that my plan was exhausted.

this happened without even been connected to the internet. it was never reverted despite my complaint
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by Pinoralia: 8:48am On Jun 16, 2012
Pls, I want to know ΐ̲̅ƒ̲̅ glo megadeal is still on, where one can buy 6G data bundle which is valid for 6months @ N7,500. I'm a corper and that's what I can afford for now. Pls reply me me ΐ̲̅ƒ̲̅ U̶̲̥̅̊ know about it?
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by kayswag100(m): 9:31am On Jun 16, 2012

grin
gotta be sorta a silly post! rather; ignorant!
dont u know u can exhaust 1gb in 30mins? did u say what u were doing on the internet within those 3hrs of the exhaustion of ur claimed 200mb. with an airtel bundle, u are billed N00.01k/kb for any kb received of sent as compaired with being billed N00.05/kb while on pay-as-you-go!
you can follow up ur proposed 'over-billing' and i assure u that u'd br brought to light!
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:42am On Jun 16, 2012
I dnt blame de network providers I blame de govt wey no make power supply constant and dis compaines spend billions powering their gen at their different mask towers and de only way 2 recover de money spend on gen is 2 ripe us off. The day naija start getting constant power supply dat is de day all dis will stop and I am afraid it nt gonna stop soon
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by kayswag100(m): 9:45am On Jun 16, 2012
sdbaba: I had the airtel and the speed was slower than that of a snail, I gave up after it took me 25minutes to open my yahoo box and found out that my 1GB for the month was almost used up in that one site opening. I've not used it in the last six months or so. I went and purchased MTN and decided to be doing the daily plan of N500, loaded that one as i was to begin browsing, NEPA took light. I then logged out of the MTN MODEM Software, powered down my laptop and went to switch on my gen. When I powered up my laptop after that and logged into the MTN Software and tried to browse, it was giving me blank pages. I then went to check my balance and it was telling me my 200MB subscription had been used up - UNDER FIVE MINUTES, abeg oh!! All these things are just rip offs abeg

Em. . . I would like to inform that u are quite economical with the truth!

Haba! fear God!!! no matter what happens, when the power of ur computer or phone isnt up, [b][/b]THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL YOU WILL BE CONECTING TO THE INTERNET!!!! I REPEAT ; NO WAY! EVEN A BB(WITH IT'S STEADY AVAILABLITY ON THE INTERNET) WITH A POWER TURNED OFF WONT CONNECT AND GET IT'S DATA DEDUCTED WITH POWER OFF!

HABA!!!!!!!![quote author=9-zeros]
wo
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by kayswag100(m): 9:47am On Jun 16, 2012
9-zeros:

wow

NEXT, U WLD INFORM US TO SLAM OUR PHONES AGAINST THE WALL TO GET 1 TERABYTE FREE DATA!

MSCCCCCCCCCCCCCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW!
Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by sdbaba: 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2012
kayswag100:

Em. . . I would like to inform that u are quite economical with the truth!

Haba! fear God!!! no matter what happens, when the power of ur computer or phone isnt up, [b][/b]THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL YOU WILL BE CONECTING TO THE INTERNET!!!! I REPEAT ; NO WAY! EVEN A BB(WITH IT'S STEADY AVAILABLITY ON THE INTERNET) WITH A POWER TURNED OFF WONT CONNECT AND GET IT'S DATA DEDUCTED WITH POWER OFF!

HABA!!!!!!!!

My guy try and read my post properly before crucifying me. I logged on my laptop and we all agree that even if NEPA takes the light, your laptop will still be on - as far as the battery is there. So what I did because I needed to go put on the gen for my family was that I logged out of my Internet connection and shut down my laptop. Then went to put on the gen, by the time I switched my laptop back on and connected back to the internet, the MTN thing was telling me that my 200MB has been used up in less than five minutes prior to the NEPA cutting power. I still maintain what I said that sometimes these people are ripping us off and there is no disputing that fact.

1 Like

Re: Cheap Internet Bundles On Nigerian GSM Networks Are Just A Rippoff by LeJeun3: 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2012
a1solution: If it is phone you are using to browse change your browser. for me whenever I use UC browser on my phone even if it is just 5mins browsing N100 wud be automatical deducted from my account. for now I rely on Nokia browser and opera and its fine.

You really don't know how to use UCBrowser.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? / How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network / Laptop With Longest Battery Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.