Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,598 members, 7,888,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:08 PM

A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary (21015 Views)

Alamieyeseigha's 'Official' OBITUARY Leaves Out LYING-IN-STATE / Ministerial List : Don’t Be Fooled By Media, Wait For Announcement – APC / After Jega's Announcement #March4Buhari Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2012
Odunnu:
let go of the bottled up anger and you just might find something to make you smile in that.

Smile, when my country gets ridiculed by everyone all the time.. When the only thing I ever hear about my beloved country is sadness, except the football team - which has been infected by failure as well..

Honeypie, there is nothing funny in that write-up.. These are thieving scums destroying a country I'm indigenous to - and I call home..

I would've found something to smile about if one those thieving scums had his/her blown off by a grenade.. That would've been hella funny!
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by omosexy1: 7:25pm On Jun 14, 2012
@Poster no offense, despite the humour this is no joke, this is our future we are toiling with, what chance do we have if we can't stamp our feet down and say enough is enough. We can't laugh at every saga. That is why an average 31 years old man doesn't know his representative in the House of Rep. Do a headcount and you would be shocked how ignorant many Nigerians are about our political situation and about our environment. Our Politicians are fully aware of this ignorance, that is why they act this way. Many of us claim to be enlightened, I believe our enlightenment should go into our National development. If Nigerians had not protested they will never probe the Petroleum Industry and they still feel Nigerians are ignorant so they decide to enrich themselves by taking bribes. We have to collective say No to Corruption. Nigeria is our country for christ sake, are we going to allow these stuff keep happening?

PS: Please lets stop these funny jokes about our debacle, in case you want to do stand-up comedy, Eko Hotels is waiting for you.
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Tyche(m): 7:25pm On Jun 14, 2012
Not funny at all. This is a case of going after rats while one's house is on fire.

I hope and pray for that day when we (Hausa, Igbo and Youruba) will rise up with one voice against our common enemy (our leaders).

I know it will come; the more time it takes, the more devastating it will be. May the Almighty give us the strength and the will.
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by chusemix247(m): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2012
Nice1 tell dem

1 Like

Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by monami2abd: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2012
@shymmex.., u dont av to wait till nigerians are ready, remember they are docile cowards.... Why not come lead d way nd they just might follow...

1 Like

Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Ardedaryor(m): 7:32pm On Jun 14, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin laugh out loud
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by omosexy1: 7:32pm On Jun 14, 2012
monami2abd: @shymmex.., u dont av to wait till nigerians are ready, remember they are docile cowards.... Why not come lead d way nd they just might follow...

I don't think Nigerians are cowards, I think they are ignorant about what to do. Whether to write a petition and to whom?
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Chanchit: 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2012
A committee would be set up, to look into the burial arrangements, but the cabals would hijack it again, leaving the probe without a proper burial...

1 Like

Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex:

Smile, when my country gets ridiculed by everyone all the time.. When the only thing I ever hear about my beloved country is sadness, except the football team - which has been infected by failure as well..

Honeypie, there is nothing funny in that write-up.. These are thieving scums destroying a country I'm indigenous to - and I call home..

I would've found something to smile about if one those thieving scums had his/her blown off by a grenade.. That would've been hella funny!
Why fill yourself with so much sorrow when you can channel your energy to generating income to help the helpless

1 Like

Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Beaf: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2012
omosexy1:

I don't think Nigerians are cowards, I think they are ignorant about what to do. Whether to write a petition and to whom?

Nigerians are both cowards and ignorant.
Its a one way street to the bottom of the pile. embarassed

An ignorant man, is a very dangerous man indeed.
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2012
Those reports were actually 'death on arrival' as they were all infested with deadly virus of 'witch hunting', 'tribalism' and 'biases' He that comes to equity must come with a clean hand.

1 Like

Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2012
Dis isn't funny... sad sad sad
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Beaf: 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex:

You know I'm always ready, and I'm not coward.. If Nigerians are ready for a change, I'll be on the next flight to Lagos..

I've never really lived in Naija, and I don't know the terrain - so it will be difficult for me to come there, as a lone voice in a country of 120-150million arguing for a change.. When Nigerians are ready to stop being docile cowards, they know where to find me.

If you were not a coward, you wouldn't be waiting.
You don't even know what your village looks like anyway, or even how to get there. So, why not take your time to learn the basics before commenting on Nigeria?

Ignorance is a very dangerous place to be, bro.

2 Likes

Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2012
Beaf:

If you were not a coward, you wouldn't be waiting.
You don't even know what your village looks like anyway, or even how to get there. So, why not take your time to learn the basics before commenting on Nigeria?

Ignorance is a very dangerous place to be, bro.

Why would I be on NL in the first place, if I don't know the basics about Nigeria?

Maybe, you need to go back - and read my comment history..

I don't know my "village' - yet I know I'm a waterside Ijebu boy, from Epe, huh?

You're a very funny, chap!
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by rextermail: 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2012
Hmmmmm my fellow naira land people let us say d truth for every joke u find some truth & d zeel 2 fight so Take it that we don't let these elements of gross misconduct go like others
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2012
Billyonaire: Why fill yourself with so much sorrow when you can channel your energy to generating income to help the helpless

Helping the poor, and feeding them crumbs - when we can all change our future together, by turning our country around..

What's your IQ again? undecided
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 14, 2012
monami2abd: @shymmex.., u dont av to wait till nigerians are ready, remember they are docile cowards.... Why not come lead d way nd they just might follow...

It has to be a collective thing, and the people have to be ready as well..

I'm sorry to say, but from the temperament I have seen from Nigerians so far - I don't think most people are ready for a change.
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Beaf: 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex:

Why would I be on NL in the first place, if I don't know the basics about Nigeria?

Maybe, you need to go back - and read my comment history..

I don't know my "village' - yet I know I'm a waterside Ijebu boy, from Epe, huh?

You're a very funny, chap!

I know your comment history, it reeks ignorance and a disturbed youth, bro.
Reading about Nigeria on the web is a totally different kettle of fish from experiencing it.

Get out of Peckham and visit Nigeria for long periods. As far as I am concerned, you are 100% British and 0% Nigerian and it shows.
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Beaf: 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2012
rextermail: Hmmmmm my fellow naira land people let us say d truth for every joke u find some truth & d zeel 2 fight so Take it that we don't let these elements of gross misconduct go like others

Simple. cool
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Montalo(m): 8:00pm On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex:

You know I'm always ready, and I'm not coward.. If Nigerians are ready for a change, I'll be on the next flight to Lagos..

I've never really lived in Naija, and I don't know the terrain - so it will be difficult for me to come there, as a lone voice in a country of 120-150million arguing for a change.. When Nigerians are ready to stop being docile cowards, they know where to find me.
CRAP! Wots ur contribution so far from dat planet jupiter wia u r? Y not board d next available flyt n drag ya bum down hia? may b we can learn frm u. Mtcheew!
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2012
Beaf:

I know your comment history, it reeks ignorance and a disturbed youth, bro.
Reading about Nigeria on the web is a totally different kettle of fish from experiencing it.

Get out of Peckham and visit Nigeria for long periods. As far as I am concerned, you are 100% British and 0% Nigerian and it shows.

Funny chap!

Sadly, I've never seen myself as being a Briton - I see myself as a Nigerian first, and secondly as a Yoruba boy..

It's not about experiencing it, because I have parents who were born and raised in Nigeria> My grandpops was local government chairman during the Jakande era in the 70s, and my pops was in the Nigerian army for a while.. My pops and his brother fought to keep naija as one - which shows I'm from a family of naija patriots!

I probably know more about Naija, and what goes on in naija than you do.. grin
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2012
Montalo: CRAP! Wots ur contribution so far from dat planet jupiter wia u r? Y not board d next available flyt n drag ya bum down hia? may b we can learn frm u. Mtcheew!

Phuck off, waste man..

Not everyone is a puzzy like you, faggit.
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Orikinla(m): 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2012
[size=28pt]Na PAPA DECEIVE PIKIN (PDP) ERA BE DIS O.[/size] grin
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by malc619(m): 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2012
Come and pay for ur aso-ebi dat will ßξ worn during the burial.....
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by manny4life(m): 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex:

We're ready for a change, you lead, I'll follow... grin grin grin

TBH though, I will agree that we're not ready for a change, we Nigerians including me have the attitude of "as long as it does not affect my purse,I'm cool". Well, when we get to that bridge, we shall know how to cross it.

BTW, change starts with baby step. Since you've not lived in Nigeria and don't know the terrain, don't you think you should consider it? For instance, I have long term plans to relocate back to Nigeria, no later than 7years from now because I want to cause change grin grin grin
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by ifeci: 8:11pm On Jun 14, 2012
Boniface Emanolo is not a member of d house of reps ø! Get ur facts right!
Even if he is a member of your family, does that change the fact that he took bribe?
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by chykeo1(m): 8:11pm On Jun 14, 2012
@oliseh:

We 9jirians are so specailize in catching fun while our chaos are compounding ....Gush..

The legend Fela saw this and termed it "Suffering and Smiling"...
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by EkwyOmalicha: 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2012
shymmex:

Nothing - but this crap isn't funny..

I don't joke about Nigeria - and the poor people out there crying for help everyday..

And I don't think the pepper sellers, gala sellers, market women, unemployed youths etc. on the streets of Nigeria will find this funny.. A miniscule few robbing them off trillions of naira - when they have to work their butts off just to feed themselves..

The joke was done in bad taste - and the "IYA" who composed this crappy joke, should be ashamed of herself.... undecided

shatup there wink

@ topic lol

1 Like

Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by PointB: 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2012
Dead? Not yet. This drama will get to season 3. I trust the script writers to continue the suspense. Me think Subsidy Probe is in coma!

1 Like

Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2012
manny4life:

We're ready for a change, you lead, I'll follow... grin grin grin

TBH though, I will agree that we're not ready for a change, we Nigerians including me have the attitude of "as long as it does not affect my purse,I'm cool". Well, when we get to that bridge, we shall know how to cross it.

BTW, change starts with baby step. Since you've not lived in Nigeria and don't know the terrain, don't you think you should consider it? For instance, I have long term plans to relocate back to Nigeria, no later than 7years from now because I want to cause change grin grin grin

I'm planning to move to naija soon as well, but I'm just trying to get the necessary things I need to be able to compete out here.. There are no handouts in Nigeria - it's a 'jungle', where everyone is basically hustling to survive.. And you will only survive if you're a step ahead most people.. That's the plan, brother.
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:
shatup there wink

@ topic lol

Ekwy, my omalicha nma - where have you been? shocked shocked

I miss you, queen. wink grin
Re: A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary by Pakavy(m): 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2012
IYA NGBALI: With heaviness of heart and gratitude to God for a l...ife short lived; we, members of the National Order of Cabalocrats and Sacred Cows of Nigeria, announce the call to glory of our loving Father, Uncle, Husband, Brother, etc, Chief Fuel Subsidy Probe Report, whose sad demise occurred recently in a fatal video accident.

Although the enemies have done their worst as your death, clearly, is no ordinary eye, we, your family, friends, and political associates, are comforted by our certainty that you have gone to rest in the bosom of the Lord and in the celestial company of other faithfully departed probe reports like the Power Sector Probe Report, the Siemens Probe Report, the Halliburton Probe Report, and the Pension Fund Probe Report .

We are further comforted by the fact that you will certainly be joined in heaven by the SEC Probe Report and the Malabu Oil Probe Report as soon as both reports are ready. We love you but God knows better. Sleep well till we meet to part no more.

Survived by:

(1)Family:
- Aso Rock (Aged Father)
-PDP National Secretariat (Grand Uncle)
- National Assembly (Uncle)

(2)Beneficiaries from demise:
- Chief Femi Otedola
- Oil cartel members too numerous to mention

(3) Soul-for-dollar politicians:
- Honourable Farouk Lawan
- Honourable Boniface Emenalo

Funeral arrangements will be announced by the family
dat was creative.as this fyt don pass our power make we kuku turn am 2 joke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance / Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos / Suspended Sowore Fights Back, Expels Acting Chairman, Suspend Others From AAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.