Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,479 members, 7,904,792 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 07:18 PM

Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here (47186 Views)

Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. / What Is The Average Pay Of Chartered Accountants In Nigeria / Can Engineers Become Chartered Accountants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by tohirah(f): 11:44pm On May 04, 2013
D subtle:
ATS III
can I register for BCRM this May without AAT induction?
nah, you gotta wait for november diet. You can only register as a professional student after paying for induction.

I also wrote ATS 3. See u @ induction ceremony
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Dsubtle(m): 7:51am On May 06, 2013
tohirah: nah, you gotta wait for november diet. You can only register as a professional student after paying for induction.

I also wrote ATS 3. See u @ induction ceremony
congrates

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by jacoby: 6:09pm On May 06, 2013
all is well my brothers and sisters
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 12, 2013
Pls i want to know the courses am expected to write in PE 1 and PE 2
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by tohirah(f): 9:42am On May 13, 2013
For PE I, you are expected to write
1. Information Technology(IT)
2. Management Accounting(MA)
3. Financial Accounting(FA)
4. Advanced Audit and Assurance

For PE II, you are expected to write
1. Public Sector Accounting and Finance(PSA)
2. Financial Reporting and Ethics(FRE)
3. Strategic Financial Management(SFM)
4. Advanced Taxation

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 10:09am On May 13, 2013
tohirah: For PE I, you are expected to write
1. Information Technology(IT)
2. Management Accounting(MA)
3. Financial Accounting(FA)
4. Advanced Audit and Assurance

For PE II, you are expected to write
1. Public Sector Accounting and Finance(PSA)
2. Financial Reporting and Ethics(FRE)
3. Strategic Financial Management(SFM)
4. Advanced Taxation
tnx a lot
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by opemipo9: 1:58am On Jun 23, 2013
Pls I live in portharcourt is there any lecture center for ican pe1 november diet
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 24, 2013
Hello peepz, i noticed everyone z talking about ICAN, pls i want to know about ACCA coz thats the one i want to do, i prefer ACCA and anyone with useful info abt ACCA should pls answer me.tnx

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by akanbijm: 10:28am On Jun 25, 2013
Which certificate is more recognized in the labour market for Accountants in Nigeria ? Is it possible for organization to employe someone with ICAN certificate only without first degree or first degree is a must for Accountant to get a good job too.Please I need your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Doncolio(m): 11:37am On Jun 25, 2013
domcarez: Hello peepz, i noticed everyone z talking about ICAN, pls i want to know about ACCA coz thats the one i want to do, i prefer ACCA and anyone with useful info abt ACCA should pls answer me.tnx

Wat would u like to know about ACCA?
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 25, 2013
Doncolio:

Wat would u like to know about ACCA?
tnx man, i am a bsc holder in accountancy, i wud like to knw the requirements,process of registration,duration,number of papers to write and how to get study materials of ACCA, ur response is needed pls, tnk u
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 26, 2013
akanbijm:
Which certificate is more recognized in the labour market for Accountants in Nigeria ? Is it possible for organization to employe someone with ICAN certificate only without first degree or first degree is a must for Accountant to get a good job too.Please I need your contribution.
RARELY possible to get a good job (or any job) without a first degree.
On the certificates recognised for accountants in Nigeria, ICAN or ACCA with a first degree will suffice.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Doncolio(m): 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2013
domcarez:
tnx man, i am a bsc holder in accountancy, i wud like to knw the requirements,process of registration,duration,number of papers to write and how to get study materials of ACCA, ur response is needed pls, tnk u

You need your transcript with 5 o'level credit including Eng and Maths,birth certificate or international passport. Duration depends on you but you must finish all your exams on or before 10 years. About the other questions, kindly visit the blog in my signature.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
Doncolio:

You need your transcript with 5 o'level credit including Eng and Maths,birth certificate or international passport. Duration depends on you but you must finish all your exams on or before 10 years. About the other questions, kindly visit the blog in my signature.
tnx bro, i appreciate
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Doncolio(m): 4:31am On Jun 27, 2013
domcarez:
tnx bro, i appreciate

I hope it was helpful and you have no more questions?
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 27, 2013
Doncolio:

I hope it was helpful and you have no more questions?
it was helpful,wil get in touch with u in due time,if u dnt mind,pls drop ur contact.tnx
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Dsubtle(m): 8:40am On Jun 27, 2013
Wht abt the degree awarded by ACCA/OBU,is it recognise in labour market?
hopeyemmy:
On the certificates recognised for accountants in Nigeria, ICAN or ACCA with a first degree will suffice.
Wht abt the degree awarded by ACCA/OBU,is it recognise in labour market?
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 27, 2013
D subtle: Wht abt the degree awarded by ACCA/OBU,is it recognise in labour market?Wht abt the degree awarded by ACCA/OBU,is it recognise in labour market?
BSc. Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes, right? Except I seek the knowledge of a colleague, I may not be able to tell. I'll get in touch with him and revert to you asap.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by akanbijm: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2013
hopeyemmy:

Thank for your reply.But if you have B.SC in view with ACA,OND in Accounting and AAT. Is there any hope of getting a good job.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 27, 2013
akanbijm:

Thank for your reply.But if you have B.SC in view with ACA,OND in Accounting and AAT. Is there any hope of getting a good job.
With the right connection, nothing is impossible. But, it must be said, any employment with the following certificates without a first degree will underpay you.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by BAKAREAAT(m): 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
Please qualified and intending to be qualified ICAN STUDENTS,PLEASE REGISTER WITH US AT THAISHALOM TCI CONSULT
FOR ICAN TCI And other related IT PROGRAMME.
VENUE 12,OWEY ST ,FADEYI,YABA,LAGOS,BESIDE STUDENT PYE
OR CALL 08060146731,07062180045,08080072001,08184685103
THANK YOU
TAIWO
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by akanbijm: 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2013
hopeyemmy:
With the right connection, nothing is impossible. But, it must be said, any employment with the following certificates without a first degree will underpay you.

Forget about connection or whatever,assuming you were the HR of an organization,can you employe such a person with that qualification as an accountant in your organization.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
akanbijm:

Forget about connection or whatever,assuming you were the HR of an organization,can you employe such a person with that qualification as an accountant in your organization.
Tone it down a little, bro.
To answer your question, No.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Doncolio(m): 12:29am On Jun 28, 2013
Don't waste your time getting a certification without the degree. HR most likely knows little or nothing bout the profession or the certifications. Yet they are HR to employ. So you can imagine. Except you are a total optimist.

My advice, get ACCA if you never had an accountancy foundation coz your first degree is almost meaningless when placed in d job market. Get ICAN if you have an accountancy foundation.

To your success.

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 28, 2013
Doncolio: Don't waste your time getting a certification without the degree. HR most likely knows little or nothing bout the profession or the certifications. Yet they are HR to employ. So you can imagine. Except you are a total optimist.

My advice, get ACCA if you never had an accountancy foundation coz your first degree is almost meaningless when placed in d job market. Get ICAN if you have an accountancy foundation.

To your success.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by akanbijm: 11:32am On Jun 28, 2013
Doncolio: Don't waste your time getting a certification without the degree. HR most likely knows little or nothing bout the profession or the certifications. Yet they are HR to employ. So you can imagine. Except you are a total optimist.

To your success.

Are you saying that ICAN without a first degree is useless that your chances of getting a job is very slim in the labour market.Explain better.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Dsubtle(m): 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
[quote author=hopeyemmy][/quote]
Are you saying one can not get a job with AAT Certificate? I know a lot of peeps that got job with their AAT certificate and continue the professional exam to ACA certification.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Doncolio(m): 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
No not at all, u definitely can get a job with any don't be discouraged. But being a graduate of engineering and competing for a job of an OND accountancy simply because u have ATS I or II. Is dat wat u really want to graduate doing.
Mean while d HR personal will not see you as being better than an OND holder simply because you are a graduate.
And if d OND holder has more experience compared to you, ur chances are a lot slimmer.

This is addressed only to graduates in other fields trying to get the certification and not lower or higher.Speaking from personal experience.

To your success.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by BAKAREAAT(m): 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2013
I THINK IT IS ADVISABLE TO DO NEEDFUL STEP BY STEP I.E HAVE YOUR BASIC EDUCATION FIRST BEFORE YOU GO INTO ANY CERTIFICATION COURSE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT .FOR INSTANCE YOU HAVE TO PASS AGE ONE BEFORE AGE TWO LIKE THAT LIKE THAT.
THERE IS NO POINT TO RUSH.
THANK YOU
TAIWO(ACA,SAP FI CERTIFIED)
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by sammykaro: 8:20am On Jun 30, 2013
Pls i need a sincere response to this questions. I need advice on how to go abt this ICAn issue. I studied business education in tasued and recently got a job dat gives me only Sundays and very few Saturdays. What i need to know is : how do i start? From what level will i start? What will be d duration? Will tutor centre be necessary ? If necessar, wch will u advice me to go as o stay in ikorodu? Pls help!
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by tohirah(f): 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2013
sammykaro: Pls i need a sincere response to this questions. I need advice on how to go abt this ICAn issue. I studied business education in tasued and recently got a job dat gives me only Sundays and very few Saturdays. What i need to know is : how do i start? From what level will i start? What will be d duration? Will tutor centre be necessary ? If necessar, wch will u advice me to go as o stay in ikorodu? Pls help!
university graduates who are not in the accounting field starts from foundation. That means you got four stages to write; foundation,intermediate, PE1 and PE 2. I dunno if they give would give u exceptions in some subjects since you are in the social science line(education tho). There is a good tutorial center in Ikorodu and they have lectures for prefessionals only saturday and sundays. The name is Protrac, you can ask from the gatemen in the secondary sch at ikorodu garage( United), they would direct u to their office. Just tell them ICAN in case they dnt recognise the name cos they are old men. The decision to attend tutorial would be decided by you since u alone knows how well u assimilate or how u get to understand things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Meet Emem Thomas, The Founder Of A Female Bouncers Group In Akwa-ibom / This Crippled Man Decides To Work Instead Of Begging (photos) / 5 Occupations That Receive The Highest Number Of Insults In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.