Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,893 members, 7,895,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 08:32 PM

Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! (6048 Views)

See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today / The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. / Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by duksyjay: 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2007
brosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
na wa 4 u o.next time shine ur eye.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by dragnet: 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2007
tope, the seller culd've collected the ph0ne & switchd it while pretending to hold it b4 collectn the payment
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by amsky(m): 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2007
o my goodness.these guys will never stoplet's all contribute money and dash him to go and dash thse thieves at computer village.
sorry dear,once beaten twice shy.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by TerrySoft(m): 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2007
There's nothing i wouldn't here in nairaland, i'm laughing my stomach out--- fufu inside phone Well, let's watch out for more fun, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by 3d(m): 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2007
12000 naira worth of fufu, thats so cooooooollll! hope u enjoyed it, hahahahahahahaha
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by ifyalways(f): 5:46pm On Dec 10, 2007
grin grin grin sorry dear it happens everywhere.
i have once bought that type of phone before 2005. mine was simply stone ! these computer village guys sef,anyway they make one wiser and sharper.take heart oooh
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by dragnet: 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2007
N0t only at c0mputer village, just becareful generally. Imagine a so-called f0rmer scho0l mate 'alm0st' r0bbed me of a ph0ne, all in the name of 'huggn'
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by Zandra1(f): 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2007
Laughing my gorgeous ass off @ fufu and stone phone cheesy cheesy cheesy. Nigeria!!
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by tupix(m): 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2007
dat is one of the reasons I like Lagos so much. Either you like it or not you will be wise one day.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by painkiller: 4:45am On Dec 11, 2007
Hey Fufu? oh mine. heyyy. grin but fufu no dey fit make calls. grin
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by ab78: 6:58am On Dec 11, 2007
Latest:honsule has been banned from Nairaland
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by Kissmyass1(m): 7:25am On Dec 11, 2007
[size=13pt]I've heard this before and I thought it was a joke, well now I know it's not at all. Thanks for the warning and sorry about you falling victim.[/size]
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by Kissmyass1(m): 7:30am On Dec 11, 2007
I guess with fufu phone your lunch is guaranteed just go there with your soup and you'll enjoy your phone and food the more! grin grin
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by showbobo(m): 7:32am On Dec 11, 2007
i dont think i can ever fall for any of this little pranks by those computer village boys.i am too smart.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by biolabee(m): 7:56am On Dec 11, 2007
@showbobo
you never know
this is lagos
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by choco4life(m): 9:04am On Dec 11, 2007
@ kay-baba

Egbon ma binu, but o go gan sha.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by onyekang1(f): 9:17am On Dec 11, 2007
is this anoda method of duping people?
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by topeteadr(m): 10:15am On Dec 11, 2007
Showbobo, u think so.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by kosiie: 10:32am On Dec 11, 2007
sorry about ur fufu fone,
i know of someone who wanted to buy an N70 for 35k at computer village, that was early this yr. after paying for the fone, he left with excitement only for him to board a bus and open his fone pack, he found a CANOE soap in it.
that was probably the most expensive canoe soap ever grin
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by chrisoml(m): 10:46am On Dec 11, 2007
Ha ha haaaaaaaaaa
well as 4 me this is not d 1st time of hear of such.
1 of my friend once told of me of a similar story that a guy bought phone from that same C.V
only 4 d seller to change to wrap it 4 him in a handkerchief so that d 'police' will not see him
but when he3 got outside what he saw was just a B-29 soap
wonders can never end in dis we naija
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by Rapsody(m): 11:02am On Dec 11, 2007
Yeeepah! 35k for 1 canoe soap plus phone pack. Well,i guess he had 2 pay extra 4 d packaging.(he he he). Yoruba go say - 'oro buruku pelu erin - meaning evil talk mixed wt lafta'
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by Rapsody(m): 11:03am On Dec 11, 2007
Yeeepah! 35k for 1 canoe soap plus phone pack. Well,i guess he had 2 pay extra 4 d packaging.(he he he). Yoruba go say - 'oro buruku pelu erin - meaning evil talk mixed wt lafta'
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by yimiton(f): 11:28am On Dec 11, 2007
In as much as this is funny, we should all learn to stay clear of second hand goods; they are often stolen material.

Ok, what happend to me sometime wasn't fufu, it was when I changed dollars to Naira about 3 years ago.

There was this guy that had the best offer, inshort, it seemed he was ready to take any amount for exchange.

I gave him my dollars and he gave me his Naira. He counted it while I watched, it was complete. I counted myself and discovered it wasn't complete. He collected it, added the balance and counted again and gave me. I counted and it wasn't complete again. We did this over again about 4 times before I decieded that it should be complete now. I took my money home and discovered it was short by  a lot of Naira!
I learnt to go to a Bureau De Change and do things properly afterwards.

Cheap things are always most expensive.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by mystikalb2(m): 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2007
sorry oooooooo smiley
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by emmaemma2: 2:56pm On Dec 11, 2007
kaybaba, sorry about that becos your story is funny. cheers!!!
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by folahann(m): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2007
This is funny but pathetic, it also happened to my friend (who is from equatorial Guinea) in Ghana before, he went to a main market in Accra to search for a phone and a guy approached him with a motorola L6, after negotiating with him he agreed to pay 400,000 Cedis (about 5,600 naira). The guy wrap it and gave it to my friend, the guy hurried away and while my friend was leavung the spot he opened the wrapper only to find a soap cut in shape of a phone.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by ifyalways(f): 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2007
folahann:

This is funny but pathetic, it also happened to my friend (who is from equatorial Guinea) in Ghana before, he went to a main market in Accra to search for a phone and a guy approached him with a motorola L6, after negotiating with him he agreed to pay 400,000 Cedis (about 5,600 naira). The guy wrap it and gave it to my friend, the guy hurried away and while my friend was leavung the spot he opened the wrapper only to find a soap cut in shape of a phone.
yes its not just a Nigerian thing .it happens almost everywhere anywhere.

here in ivory coast they packet things ranging from stone,soap,futu their type of fufu to what have you all in the name of phone.i think the bottom line is people desisting from overly cheap and second hand things. its the greedy that end up being cheated  wink
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by topeteadr(m): 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2007
I'M GETTING TIRED OF THIS THREAD.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by ndubest(m): 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2007
, by the time we all resolve to stop buying stolen phones, then

this kind of incident will not occur again

imagine buying N72 for 4k

even if na ur papa get nokia

easy come easy go

if we stop buying all these second hand phone it may even help reduce the rate of phone snatching esp in lagos

take heart my guy and shine your eye next time
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by gee2(m): 10:48pm On Dec 11, 2007
like 3wks ago sum guyz precisely 2 frnds went 2 ikeja to buy a sony ericsson w880 fone n un4tunately 4 dem dey saw d awoof type 4 like 12k n dey paid, jumpd on a bike dat brought dem down 2 ogba, dey brought out d fone n 1 askd d oda didn't we buy a colord screen fone? dis 1 ìs showin white o, dey pushd a key n d stuf sank n dey tuk it 2 an eng. 2 chek d fone. d guy questnd dem n dey xplaind, he nw askd if dey wan him 2 slice d fufu 4 chekin
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by IYaeto(f): 10:52pm On Dec 11, 2007
Eeeya1 Pele o Kay-baba.Olorun fi ofo ra emi. Beware of those dodgy places.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by gee2(m): 10:56pm On Dec 11, 2007
i went 2 ikeja wif sum1 n sumfin similar happend, really i warnd him nt 2 do d deal bt he neva listend cos he wants a nice fone 4 7k n he got a dead nokia 3310 fone, all i could do was laff cos he wantd 2 go search 4 his biz partna.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Push N50,000 Into Your Y'ello Dyaccount Account And Move To Your Bank Account! / How To Get Free Data On Airtel Using This Trick / Data Is Life.. Airtel Is Da Bomb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.