Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,028 members, 7,970,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:48 PM

You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola (18395 Views)

Man Pushes Wife To Save Himself From A Sinking Cruise Ship. Reality Is Priceless / General Buhari’s Lawyer Decamps to PDP, Says APC Is A Sinking Titanic / Pa. Buhari Lawyer Decamps To PDP, Describes APC As A "Sinking Titanic" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by akigbemaru: 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2012
But honestly, let's be realistic, Nigeria cannot be moved forward if everything about is so corrupt. I used with this tailoring company that sows Army, Navy and NYSC uniforms. They get up to 200m nairas of contract but the sad news is it's 30 percent for the DG, each time they are awarded contracts. They get paid 10 percent upward for the contract and the (company) paid 30 percent in full to the DG before they even commence the contract. Then, it may take the tailoring company two to three years before its finally receive its full money from the government. Sometimes, if one DG has been sacked or redeployed, the company may have to pacified the new DG and it must not less than the 10 percent of the contracted figure, the company wants the contract next time. If you think your company has a long-leg and you can't pay, that means you can't get the contract. Because there are a lot of contractors willing to pay more than 40 percent to the DG. I will advice that we should invoke death penalty just like China on anybody being caught up with mess like this, just to return sanity.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by abacus(m): 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2012
jerseyboy: Nigerianas Must Join Otedola in this Fight to Clean Out This Assembly of THIEVES.
Join ko assist ni, is he not one of those rich king-makers who force every president on Nigerians? So because he finance PeeDeePee, you expect me to have sympathy on him? May all of them + Otedola die of strange illness amen.
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by vanstanzy(m): 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2012
ACM10: Otedola and house of rep members are two sides of the same coin. It's laughable for him to claim that he built his business empire without corruption and government patronage. Behind every great wealth is a crime.

The devils' are at eachothers' throat, its a sign of good things to come, so pls let them be. But pls note, not every great wealth has a crime attached to it. Some wealthy people actually toiled in a non-criminal way.
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by kaywilson: 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2012
Both femi and the gang of reps are birds of the same feathers.they should all be killed.
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by vanstanzy(m): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2012
jerseyboy: Nigerianas Must Join Otedola in this Fight to Clean Out This Assembly of THIEVES.

Guy u mean am? Look, don't be sentimental about this, "IT TAKES A THIEF TO CATCH A THIEF". Otedola was the smarter thief in this regard and Far-crook lawan the duller thief. They both are thieves that are killing our country and must be flushed out of our system.
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by femmy2010(m): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2012
kaywilson: Both femi and the gang of reps are birds of the same feathers.they should all be killed.

seconded
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by jonaboy: 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2012
omiemie1: otedola is the hero here
Do u cal a man that came out in public to tell the world that he gave bribe to clear his name before an investigation comittee a hero,if he truly was innocent there is no need for him to have given that bribe.Our problem in Nigeria is that we have been brainwashed by this corrupt people that we now fight their fight for them while they go ahead and steal more.In a decent society the giver of the bribe and the person receiving would have been in jail by now.GOD HELP NIGERIA.
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by nagoma(m): 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2012
manny4life: He's a sinking man because one of their own was EXPOSED. I laugh in Swahili, an attempt to sink him WILL EXPOSE everyone of their activities. Reps shouldn't stir anger from other business people informed of their dealings, as they say, someone's got to dance to the music.

We know. The houses of pariarment members are nearly all crooks , but we know that the house of reps leadership doesn't always agree with the executive arm of government or the PDP Party views when they are undemocratic. We again know that the excutive arm of government is desperately trying to nullify any opposition to their views frm anywhere but particularly from the lower house. We have to take all these into consideration. We Nigerians. The onlookers as our destiny is being shaped to fit other people's personal plans.
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by BabaOlowo: 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2012
House of What, Reps? NO these are bunch of JAGUDAS, ROBBERS!!!
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by BetaThings: 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2012
Anyone who thinks Otedola is clean should think again

Read this
http://www.proshareng.com/articles/2115/African-Petroleum-Plc--The-Aviomoh-Papers
http://www.proshareng.com/news/17300

Nothing happened to him; his accuser is the one the police has been harrassing
SEC could not do anything
Financial Reporting Council is wringing its hands
Why?
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by andyanders: 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2012
[b]@Sky Blue

You said the truth as Otedola should not be a hero for his actions as he too has an answer to give.

@jerseyboy: I think you should contribute intelligently rather than out of point response you gave in favor of Otedola.[/i][/b]
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by Pennywise(m): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2012
What an irresponsible and shameless House of Assembly (yes of thieves). This present crop of lawmakers have further reduced in reckoning the profile of all things Nigerian to the outside world. I am surprised they still give press conferences when they ought to be in hiding as a group.

But the question is what is the executive and the president as the chief law enforcer of the land doing about this. For how long will he continue to use separation of powers as an alibi for crass ineptitude while authority, decency and statehood continue to slip away.

But I digress.

The real tragedy is that Nigerian youth of today as exemplified by posters on NL are ignorant of the danger that these lawmakers portend for democracy and the security of this country. The poor quality of today's education appear to have impacted on their ability to reason and make intelligent deduction. It offends every good sense that some pple here will try to excuse patently criminal act by their elected legislators rather than calling them to order. It seriously calls to question, the future of Nigeria.

It is time for civil society groups to justify the dollars they collect regularly in the name of democracy to team up with Otedola as interested party in the suit against these criminal elements.

Meanwhile ASUU,NLC, TUC and NANS can keep embarrassing themselves by remaining mute.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by member479760: 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2012
The case of Chairman of the House Committee on Media, Zakari Mohammed is like the case of DIMKO AND BISALA when Bisala was a part of the panel that passed on death judgement to DIMKO, where self his member of the conspirator that killed MURI.
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by uncleb(m): 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2012
[quote author=Sky Blue]

How do you know Otedola is fighting to "clean" the house? You make his motives sound so altruistic. We need to stop being fools in other people's wars.

Be very very careful here and don't be so quick to take sides especially when you don't know what part Otedola plays in the greater scheme of things. This is really very simple, a bribe was apparently recorded, let the courts handle it and the appropriate sentence be metted out. The posturing of Nigerians in this thing is pressuring law enforcement to make sure further corruption does not creep into the enforcement of the law, and asking for a refocus on fuel subsidy report.

This latest stance by the leadership of the house reeks of vendetta and there is no need for Nigerians to be caught up in it. Anyone who is not guily of something has nothing to fear so let both sides pick each other apart, it is for our own benefit. As long as that report is revisited and Farouk receives the full weight of the law (and whoever else is found culpable), Period.[/quote

I pray for more people wf good reasoning lik you. Sometimes I get annoyed how we allow sentiments to overshadow our reanoning faculties.

In as much as I know there are more thiefs than Lawan alone in the house, it doesn't mean they are all thieves. Lawan suspension and removal as committee chairmanship for me is a good step. My only prayer is that thhere is transparency in the entire investigation process.

And what is otedola afraid of, that house restored his company on list of those to be investigated iro of forex purchased. Wouldn't the investigation simply tell Nigerians what the forex was used for and prove his(otedola's) innocence (if indeed he is)to all. So where is the witch haunting coming from.

I think it unnecessary to take side here
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by Richtalk: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2012
Bunch of sinking Legislators!!!
How is Otedola Sinking?

1 Like

Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by anthony86(m): 3:56pm On Jun 17, 2012
Femi Otedola is a business man and how he runs his business is not anybody's business so far the Law permits him. But faroouk Lawan is an elected public official who is accountabe to the masses that put him there.Let face facts and not be distracted by politcians

1 Like

Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by espn(m): 3:56pm On Jun 17, 2012
@esoteric:
Well said comrade
hey..don't agree with you guyz..as far as dis movie has gone..otedola is innocent until proven to b guilty..he's d actor for now let's see where it all end..so don't conclude for us!

1 Like

Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by chijokz(m): 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2012
Sky Blue:

How do you know Otedola is fighting to "clean" the house? You make his motives sound so altruistic. We need to stop being fools in other people's wars.

Be very very careful here and don't be so quick to take sides especially when you don't know what part Otedola plays in the greater scheme of things. This is really very simple, a bribe was apparently recorded, let the courts handle it and the appropriate sentence be metted out. The posturing of Nigerians in this thing is pressuring law enforcement to make sure further corruption does not creep into the enforcement of the law, and asking for a refocus on fuel subsidy report.

This latest stance by the leadership of the house reeks of vendetta and there is no need for Nigerians to be caught up in it. Anyone who is not guily of something has nothing to fear so let both sides pick each other apart, it is for our own benefit. As long as that report is revisited and Farouk receives the full weight of the law (and whoever else is found culpable), Period.

Very well articulated...Na guys like Sky Blue that makes me continue being a Nairalander..
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by uncleb(m): 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2012
Pennywise: What an irresponsible and shameless House of Assembly (yes of thieves). This present crop of lawmakers have further reduced in reckoning the profile of all things Nigerian to the outside world. I am surprised they still give press conferences when they ought to be in hiding as a group.

But the question is what is the executive and the president as the chief law enforcer of the land doing about this. For how long will he continue to use separation of powers as an alibi for crass ineptitude while authority, decency and statehood continue to slip away.

But I digress.

The real tragedy is that Nigerian youth of today as exemplified by posters on NL are ignorant of the danger that these lawmakers portend for democracy and the security of this country. The poor quality of today's education appear to have impacted on their ability to reason and make intelligent deduction. It offends every good sense that some pple here will try to excuse patently criminal act by their elected legislators rather than calling them to order. It seriously calls to question, the future of Nigeria.

It is time for civil society groups to justify the dollars they collect regularly in the name of democracy to team up with Otedola as interested party in the suit against these criminal elements.

Meanwhile ASUU,NLC, TUC and NANS can keep embarrassing themselves by remaining mute.

And which executive are you referring to? Hmm I am afraid at the level of ignorance displayed here by some posters.

Asking TUC and NLC to lead revolution? Dead dream. Who told u it was for free that NLC and TUC suspended the january strike when the executive imposed higher petrol price. I wish I had a video clipse of Tunde Esele interview on STV, this man could not deny that your "holy" executives bought them over. His response to the allegation of being bought over was that he knew that that was what a typical Nigerian would do if in his position and that was why they were sayin so
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by christ4kay: 4:08pm On Jun 17, 2012
God we thank you! You're the Mighty Man in battle and your Word says we should hold our peace, you will fight our battles. Continue in your power and put confusion into the camps of all the enemies of this great Nation Nigeria. Exposed and disgraced them all.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by jmslimx(m): 4:12pm On Jun 17, 2012
We need to hang this muderfuckersfrom ote - theives in the HOA . That's all I seek for .how can we contiune to live like this. Damn nigerian youths are coward me inclusive
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by maybel(m): 4:17pm On Jun 17, 2012
jonaboy: [color=#990000][/color] Do u cal a man that came out in public to tell the world that he gave bribe to clear his name before an investigation comittee a hero,if he truly was innocent there is no need for him to have given that bribe.Our problem in Nigeria is that we have been brainwashed by this corrupt people that we now fight their fight for them while they go ahead and steal more.In a decent society the giver of the bribe and the person receiving would have been in jail by now.GOD HELP NIGERIA.
Dont u read papers? Where were u when he (Otedola) said d security gave him marked dollars to catch Farcrook. The money offered as bribe was not Otedola's. If eventually d money cud not be recovered it's d SSS problem,Otedola has nothing to lose. I'm not Otedola's advocate but if i were in his shoes i wud rather participate in dis kind of sting operatn knowing full well dat i hav nothing to lose than allowing one crook to intimidate and extort money from me.
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by uncleb(m): 4:19pm On Jun 17, 2012
anthony86: Femi Otedola is a business man and how he runs his business is not anybody's business so far the Law permits him. But faroouk Lawan is an elected public official who is accountabe to the masses that put him there.Let face facts and not be distracted by politcians

Devoid of any sense\intelligence. How u runs a business is not anyman's biz? Even when it entails shor-changing fellow citizens.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by edicolove: 4:29pm On Jun 17, 2012
Sky Blue:

Hmmmm! Question is, if it was GEJ or a member of his cabinent that is in Lawan's shoes, would you have made this same statement above? Absolutely not and that's the big problem right there. It is yet another evidence that most of you are partisan. You are so quick to come out to accuse and insult GEJ for even wild rumours but when Farouk Lawan is caught pants down and the house decides to go on a vendetta, you suddenly realise it is not your war? Very sad that Nigerians are their own problem.
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by Reference(m): 4:35pm On Jun 17, 2012
akigbemaru: But honestly, let's be realistic, Nigeria cannot be moved forward if everything about is so corrupt. I used with this tailoring company that sows Army, Navy and NYSC uniforms. They get up to 200m nairas of contract but the sad news is it's 30 percent for the DG, each time they are awarded contracts. They get paid 10 percent upward for the contract and the (company) paid 30 percent in full to the DG before they even commence the contract. Then, it may take the tailoring company two to three years before its finally receive its full money from the government. Sometimes, if one DG has been sacked or redeployed, the company may have to pacified the new DG and it must not less than the 10 percent of the contracted figure, the company wants the contract next time. If you think your company has a long-leg and you can't pay, that means you can't get the contract. Because there are a lot of contractors willing to pay more than 40 percent to the DG. I will advice that we should invoke death penalty just like China on anybody being caught up with mess like this, just to return sanity.

This is what I am saying. Your boss and the DG are robbing the bank while you and your colleagues provide covering fire. If the China treatment should be meted out both your boss and the DG will be hung. For you your best case scenario will be job loss, the worst case is twenty years to life if you are the accountant.

We often fool ourselves in Nigeria thinking corruption is a government thing alone. The truth is that fuel importers, IOC's, engineering contractors, audit firms, banks, etc are all private sector. When you begin to hang the very fabric of corporate Nigeria will collapse.

I say it again and stand to be corrected. 7 out of every 10 workers in any sector is paid with marked naira or dollar notes. The illegal economy in Nigeria should be approaching 60% of our GDP. We only shout corruption when others are involved.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by OluBendel: 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2012
maybel: Dont u read papers? Where were u when he (Otedola) said d security gave him marked dollars to catch Farcrook. The money offered as bribe was not Otedola's. If eventually d money cud not be recovered it's d SSS problem,Otedola has nothing to lose. I'm not Otedola's advocate but if i were in his shoes i wud rather participate in dis kind of sting operatn knowing full well dat i hav nothing to lose than allowing one crook to intimidate and extort money from me.
Pennywise: What an irresponsible and shameless House of Assembly (yes of thieves). This present crop of lawmakers have further reduced in reckoning the profile of all things Nigerian to the outside world. I am surprised they still give press conferences when they ought to be in hiding as a group.

But I digress.

These are the best posts av read on nairaland im many days. What is realy wrong with our youths and thinking system for goodness sake.We cry and complain to high heavens of the attrocities and corruption of our political leaders and when an Otedola sticks out his neck and business to confront the status quo, we turn round and descend on him. what are we intending to achieve with this, how on earth do we expect other business men who are being extorted to come out tommorow and blow the lid on these evil rampaging our nation.If you have a problem with Otedola and his Business/Political operandi why dont you wait for another case to do this.To Imagine Mallam Zakari Moh'd publicly stating that "As far as we are concerned in this country, for every personality that claims to be straightforward, we know his or her background, antecedents, way of life and means of doing business".This is the same reason they go about extorting every other businessman because they believe nobody is straightforwad? haba coming from an honourable its both shameful and despicable.Now they want to "deal with Otedola" for heavens sake lets not take our eyes off the ball.These honourables dont mean well for you and I.Otedola might just be a tool in helping to expose them, nobody said he was a saint.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by shizzle11(m): 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2012
As for as i,m concerned, Oledola, Facrook, house of theft, name them are all rogues. I'll just sit, fold my arms and watch while they expose themselves just like "breeze blow fowl nyash open" and i expect more cans of worm to be blown open soon.
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by Reference(m): 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2012
anthony86: Femi Otedola is a business man and how he runs his business is not anybody's business so far the Law permits him. But faroouk Lawan is an elected public official who is accountabe to the masses that put him there.Let face facts and not be distracted by politcians

Exactly. In Nigeria corruption is only government. Corporate Nigeria and the private sector can do no wrong. Thinking like this will keep us swimming in this sewer for generations to come.
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2012
ohh my.. do we have sooo many Arm-Chair Politicians on this thread grin grin
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2012
Otedola is corrupt and a criminal just like the house of reps guys, they are just looking for who to use as a scape goat. On second thought it might be their plan to put the subsidy report under the carpet and move on with their normal pen robbery
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by Drealthing(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2012
U pple don't know Femi at all. To think he came out to call pple thieves is truly laughable. Of course the house of reps is a den of thieves. What else is new? ALL of them will be exposed...and trust me, Femi is worse off. Soon he will join nairaland and start suing for defamation of character.... and yes he can!!!
Re: You Are A Sinking Man, Reps Blasts Otedola by owochy(m): 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2012
Questions we should ponder about before making our speculative judgements:

Would Farouk Lawan be that 'smartless' to pressurize Otedola into giving bribe if there are no/other incriminating facts against him aside the Forex claims he dangled in front of Otedola

Would the HOR have re-listed Otedola's companies for EFCC's investigation if they don't have info they are VERY sure will nail him upon investigation

Assuming Otedola was correct in alleging Farouk didn't share the bribe alone, do u think the conspirators won't have other info unknown to Otedola that can nail him incase he goofs

Why do you think the HOR was exhuming so much confidence in re-enlisting Otedela's companies in the probe report, referring them to EFCC for further investigation & laughing during the emergency session to debate the bribery allegation

Why do you think the Media spokesman of the HOR was so confident in calling Otedola a SINKING man

Foruk Lawan has soiled his hands in seeking or collecting the bribe money as alleged by Otedola & the HOR has handed him his punishment pending further indictment after prosecution if any but Otedola may not find events that will subsequently unfold funny at all.

The HOR is a den of very smart people & a cult...Just hurt one of their own and you may live to regret it (ask Oteh)

My Opinion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics / Your Wish On President Jonathan's Birthday / Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu Accepts Supreme Court Judgement In Good Fate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.