Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,530 members, 7,965,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 08:32 AM

Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. (30390 Views)

Pastor Sign Fireman Arrested In Ritual Murder Case / Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by FBS: 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2007
They are simply a group of brain dead, barbaric, retrogressive, repulsive third world imbeciles.

omo, you just they read my mind. well said.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2007
Imprisoning this lady does not satisfy the thirst of Muslims in Sudan. But we welcome imprisonment and expulsion," the cleric, Abdul-Jalil Nazeer al-Karouri,

Imprisoning this lady does not satisfy the thirst of Muslims in Sudan. But we welcome imprisonment and expulsion," the cleric, Abdul-Jalil Nazeer al-Karouri,

The above statement translated in raw language would read like so:

Killing this lady will satisfy the thirst of Muslims in Sudan

That is why I have maintained that Islam is the worst thing that ever happened to humanity.
God help us all.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by hafees: 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2007
Nwando it is certain you will be the one to die in vain. Its quite easy for u to lie, second nature i guess. u are always quick to say u are misquoted. If its so much worry u, why dont you go over to Sudan and address them. Why you at it, invite david too, i will be willing to pay for your flights. For David u can play all pranks in the book, Buhari indeed, it so childish!. For all the haters pls dont stop, u are welcome to show ur stupidity

If you are wondering why Muslims in the middle east are like that, wonder why Nigerias Niger Delta is the same way, when ppl fight back you use the press to supress them. Give a dog a bad name to hang it.

For Nwando Nwando who do u think u are: no one has the time to prove that the mosque is extension of this or that.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2007
hafees:

Nwando it is certain you will be the one to die in vain. Its quite easy for u to lie, second nature i guess. u are always quick to say u are misquoted. If its so much worry u, why don't you go over to Sudan and address them. Why you at it, invite david too, i will be willing to pay for your flights. For David u can play all pranks in the book, Buhari indeed, it so childish!. For all the haters please don't stop, u are welcome to show your stupidity

If you are wondering why Muslims in the middle east are like that, wonder why Nigerias Niger Delta is the same way, when people fight back you use the press to supress them. Give a dog a bad name to hang it.

For Nwando Nwando who do u think u are: no one has the time to prove that the mosque is extension of this or that.

cough cough sneeze sneeze.
You want me in Sudan so that allah and his slaves can get a beautiful maiden for Eidel kabiri.
No sir.
keep hiding your unhijabed head under sand.
The rest of you is still clearly visible.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by FBS: 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2007
This is what a blogger posted on bbc. It echoes the views of the entire world aside these barbaric elements.

"I do not believe the question should be whether or not this woman insulted Islam. Shouldn't the question be whether or not insulting any religion constitutes a punishable act? I can insult someone's ethnic origin or someone else's sexuality and while society might (rightly) vilify me for that, it is not punishable by imprisonment. Why does society afford religion such privilege? How can these people have any real faith when they are up in arms about the slightest challenge to their beliefs?

Nick, London"

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?forumID=3873&edition=2&ttl=20071130172940
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by FBS: 6:31pm On Nov 30, 2007
another post,

This sort of thing angers me to my core, how primitive are these people? how can they justify executing her for calling a teddy muhammed?

If they execute her then I hope to god our government has the courage to carpet bomb the country.

Dale Morgan, Swansea, United Kingdom
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by FufuKing1(m): 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2007
Seun:

This is cute, but even that statement would incur the wrath of a muslim because muslims don't worship Muhammad. Another difference is that muslims often bear the name "Muhammad" which means they see it as just a name whereas Christians don't bear the name "Jesus". This whole crisis is completely irrational.

Actually there are many people in Latin America named Jesus. It's a very common name.

We give Biblical names to everyone and everything. No one cares, no one is bothered by it. Christians are just not motivated to violence over things like this like Muslims are.

I have to say, in recent year, I have developed a strong dislike and distaste for the religion of Islam. They are ravenous, authoritarian dogs. They are actually calling for the execution of this woman. What kind of religion of peace is this? But then again, she should've known that there was nothing good to be found in Sudan.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by FBS: 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2007
from fox news,
KHARTOUM, Sudan — A 7-year-old Sudanese boy is defending the British teacher accused of insulting Islam by naming a teddy bear Muhammad, Reuters reported.

The boy said Gilliam Gibbons, 54, asked him, as part of a school assignment, what he wanted to call the stuffed animal and he said, 'Muhammad,' after his name, Reuters reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313182,00.html
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2007
@ hafees abi halfsense

this is my post that got you into machete mode grin

These people go around demanding respect,respect is earned not gotten by force.
Nobody can tell anyone what he should hold sacred.
Muhammad may be sacred to you,to me it's not and you can't force it on me.
I can decide today to use a piece of koran to wipe my jericho  after a massive number 2 if I run out of toilet paper,that is my choice!

Muslims on this forum have called Christ names,said Christians worshipped 3 Gods,made fun of the death and resurrection of Christ,that is also their choice and they deserve it.
Hindus,harae krishnas,atheists,Christians even Amadioha worshippers can take any hits and jabs from oppositions and so should you!
You folks ought to grow some exoskeleton and stop acting like a bunch of sissies

I stand by it.
Read it again and again.
make a copy,blow it up to a large size,put it on your bedroom wall and broadcast it amongst the jebusites,The amorites,the Perizittes  and Hitittes.
I don't care
You have your opinions and I have mine.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by hafees: 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2007
@Nwando the lier Muhammad may be sacred to you,to me it'[/b]s not and you can't force it on me.
[b]I can decide today to use a piece of koran to wipe my jericho  after a massive number 2 if I run out of toilet paper,that is my choice!
[color=#990000][/color]

@seun: if many Muslims bear Muhammed, its because the name is special, so abuse of such name close to a muslim heart should not be abused. A mad man can bear Muhammed, but certainly he not ma when he was being named.

@fufu: u have dispalyed the highest sense of immaturity and stupidity. Like i said haters should not stop, continue to show your silliness and stupidity.

When will you allow it into ur thick skulls that not all Muslims supports her incarceration/execution, she's not a muslim therefore the sharia will not be apply on her. No one is giving any excuse, what i am saying particularly is that lok at issues whoistically
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by grafikdon: 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2007
In an unrelated incident. . .

http://www.break.com/index/achmed-the-terrorist.html

grin grin grin

I kill you!!!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2007
hafees:

@Nwando the lier Muhammad may be sacred to you,to me it'[/b]s not and you can't force it on me.
[b]I can decide today to use a piece of koran to wipe my jericho  after a massive number 2 if I run out of toilet paper,that is my choice!
[color=#990000][/color]

I see you're getting desperate.
If you can't understand that that whole write up was about freedom of speech I can't help you.
I can even decide to use it to light my fireplace grin
That is also my choice
Now will you excuse me,I have to speak to some humans.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by telltoo: 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2007
@above
lol
really muslims can be so inferior!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by FufuKing1(m): 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2007
hafees:

@fufu: u have dispalyed the highest sense of immaturity and stupidity. Like i said haters should not stop, continue to show your silliness and stupidity.

When will you allow it into your thick skulls that not all Muslims supports her incarceration/execution, she's not a muslim therefore the sharia will not be apply on her. No one is giving any excuse, what i am saying particularly is that lok at issues whoistically

If I have displayed immaturity and stupidity, then I don't know what it is you can call what the people of Sudan are displaying right now. Mental retardation, perhaps? Severe brain rot?

And you say that not all Muslims support her execution/incarceraton, so WHY IS NO ONE SPEAKING OUT? Why aren't people condemning these dangerous psychophants calling for the death of a woman over a teddy bear named Muhammad? Why the silence?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by kellorah: 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2007
All those in favour of punishing this woman are RETARDED!
Bite me!

you even know it yourselves that your religion is EVIL!! u lot might as well be the DEVIL himself!!
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

and quit hating on the jews!!
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
get a grip on urselves.

idol worshippers are even better than u extremists!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 30, 2007
hafees:

If you are wondering why Muslims in the middle east are like that,

Stop crying like an incarcerated fowl . . . this is not about "muslims in the middle east". Since when did Sudan form part of the middle east or has subsaharan Africa now migrated to the middle east while we were all asleep?
Go to Kano . . . same story, go to Gaza . . . same story, Holland nko . . . ask Theo Van Gogh, Iran . . . we still have a fatwa on Salman Rushdie's head, Somalia . . . same thing. Oga Hafees, this has nothing to do with geographical location BUT everything to do with that your quran!

About time you started taking responsibility for your actions and stop blaming teddy bears and 7yr old boys.

hafees:

wonder why Nigerias Niger Delta is the same way, when people fight back you use the press to supress them. Give a dog a bad name to hang it.

1. lol halfsense . . . so what are the Sudanese goons "fighting back" against? Naming a teddy bear mohammed? Is that the "suppression" you are crying loudly about?

2. No sir, the Niger Delta situation has NOTHING to do with Islam, those people there are criminals . . . they dont have to follow a manual of hate.

hafees:

When will you allow it into your thick skulls that not all Muslims supports her incarceration/execution, she's not a muslim therefore the sharia will not be apply on her. No one is giving any excuse, what i am saying particularly is that lok at issues whoistically

Halfsense, we have been hearing this "not all muslims" excuse for just about every islamic act of terror for the last decade. When will muslims stand up and fight those they claim give them a bad name?
You cry that not all muslims support her execution and YET the vast majority of you are either suspiciously silent, blaming the woman for "disrespecting" mohammed and tacitly supporting the actions of those animals in Sudan!

What do we have to look at "wholistically"? Cartoons of mohammed, you said we should not judge . . . Pope, again not all muslims . . . maitatsine riots, not all muslims . . . Salman Rushdie, dont judge . . . now teddy bear and you are still asking us to "look at issues wholistically?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Horus(m): 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2007

Thousands of demonstrators in Khartoum, Sudan, call for the British teacher Gillian Gibbons, to receive the death penalty
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by grafikdon: 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Chineke God of Umunwanyi!!!!!!! You gotta be kiddin' me! shocked shocked shocked

Wow! What a strange world full of frustrated mentally deranged people. God is indeed MOST MERCIFUL. shocked
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 30, 2007
grafikdon:

Chineke God of Umunwanyi!!!!!!! You gotta be kiddin' me! shocked shocked shocked

Wow! What a strange world full of frustrated mentally deranged people. God is indeed MOST MERCIFUL. shocked

And they say Sudanese are hungry.
Those boys look well fed to me grin

Oh I forgot,it's the area populated by Christians and animists that are hungry
How sickening that the seed of hatred is being sown in childhood.
After the age of seven,it's Jihad Jihad Jihad.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2007
That picture is not of Muslims.
Islam is peace
They must be of the Anglican persuasion.

Specifically St Paul's Church Okija grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 30, 2007
Notice how the muslims on this site who forever cry about "respect" are suddenly silent?
Notice how blabs787 continues to roam all about the desert prefering to search for "missing verses" in the bible while islam is burning on the stakes of moral justice?

Notice how alhaji olabowale is suddenly content to find "weird" attributes of the bible while his sudanese compatriots weild matchetes of death and destruction?

Soon they will be hear crying about "peace, tolerance" and how not to judge all muslims!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Kobojunkie: 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2007
grafikdon:

LMAO!!!!!!!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Nov 30, 2007
nwando:

That picture is not of Muslims.
Islam is peace
They must be of the Anglican persuasion.

Specifically St Paul's Church Okija grin

LMAO!!!! lOLOLOLOLOL
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2007
This na the same country wey people dey die for Dafur everyday o. .

Loonies.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by buluti(m): 11:35pm On Nov 30, 2007
I really feel like bursting into tongues, if not that am work.

He is indeed a wise God, just take a moment and imagine if the military might of the United States in the hands lay with an Islamic nation. Such a world shouldnt be imagined. Please can someone name a dog Jesus, if they want to, i am going to buy my friend a teddy bear tomorrow and call it Jesus. I am lost how some people can even attempt , attempt to argue to put WMD's in the hands of IRAN, well at the last count the US is awake.

This extremist ideology is long outdated, i am extremely tired of balancing the yearnings of Islam, a picture of mohammed in Denmark, wahala, now a teacher in her own class , mohammed wahala. What is it, we can't be free again, because of the extremist.  A teacher with good intentions leaves the comfort of Leeds to the war ravaged pot hole and gets this. She had no intentions whatsover of abusing ISLAM and a muslim can call for her blood.

Let them do their worst, nothing will happen to the woman, her govt will ensure that, they can bring riot till hell if they want to. A country that is experiencing famine has time to demonstrate against such trivalities, they deserve were they are.

Shame on Babs 787 and olabowale and other muslims, shame on you all, i am proud i am not a muslim, i am blessed i am not one, no extremist christain would call for the blood of a woman. When will this nonsense stop, when will the next madness be. People can't be again because of ISLAM, na wah oh.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 30, 2007
these are the same sudanese who depend on the world food programme to fight famine, they will be back tomorrow crying for western aid.

Where is ahmedinejad? Where are the Iranian mullahs? they only find their voices when the pope makes a 14th century quote.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by T2(m): 11:46pm On Nov 30, 2007
I hope to God they don't be-head the teddy! grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by grafikdon: 11:55pm On Nov 30, 2007
davidylan:

these are the same sudanese who depend on the world food programme to fight famine, they will be back tomorrow crying for western aid.

Where is ahmedinejad? Where are the Iranian mullahs? they only find their voices when the pope makes a 14th century quote.

I am shocked you asked that question!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked You mean you don't know? shocked Ahmedihashish and his Soldiers of Hell are busy importing designer bulala and koboko to butt flog sexually assaulted women. You think another butt flogging waiting to happen is worth their time?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by PurestBoy(m): 3:28am On Dec 01, 2007
The stupidity of this decision is applauding. The Sudanese government dislikes all the attention that Darfur has received and decided to make an example of an innocent UK citizen – and one was working to better the lives of Sudanese children at that. I hope that others will take note of this and leave Sudan. Besides it not being a good idea not to stay in a country with such ridiculous and malicious laws, it would be good for the Sudanese government to see that Westerners with altruistic motives. What a ridiculous situation! Poor Gillian Gibbons: she must be ruing the day she ever decided to go and help the students in such a medieval, benighted country. I hope she will go back to England straight at the end of this disgraceful and terrifying ordeal, thus leaving her school children at the mercy of the fanatics in charge of their education. What a future for them!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by spoilt(f): 3:33am On Dec 01, 2007
able bodied men marching the street looking for blood? over a teddy? isnt any reasonable among them?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 01, 2007
allah knows best grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by naijaking1: 5:14am On Dec 01, 2007
spoilt:

able bodied men marching the street looking for blood? over a teddy? isnt any reasonable among them?

Surprised? Why?

I have seen same situation in Kano. Remember the story of Gideon-the Igbo trader who 'desecreted' the Holy Koran?

He was assasinated in jail under same circumstances as this lady.

He was killed after Friday prayers and invigorating hatred-filled sermons from the mosques.

Most Muslims are usually sane from Saturday-Thursday, but after the prayers, even your muslim neighbours could join the mob to kill you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22)

Foluke Adeboye Celebrates 67th Birthday (Pictures) / Bring Mr Ibu And Mohbad Back To Life — Daddy Freeze Begs Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Owo Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.