Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,617 members, 7,911,610 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 01:06 PM

Excerpts Of My Screenplay - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Excerpts Of My Screenplay (1161 Views)

Nollywood Script Writer: Screenplay From Nollywood; How To Write And Sell It / Excerpt Of One Of My Screenplay For Sale / Scene 2 Of My Screenplay... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excerpts Of My Screenplay by Jayboy124: 10:15pm On Jun 17, 2012
If you don't understand dramedies or indie films, please don't bother reading.

Only read from a computer as well.

Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by Briareos(m): 11:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
I've read em all.

Nice story lines! Unique concepts!
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by Jayboy124: 11:37am On Jun 18, 2012
Briareos: I've read em all.

Nice story lines! Unique concepts!

Merci. Thanks.
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by thespiannn: 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2012
Huh, cool one. Can we work together one some more screenplays? Know execs or producers that can pay well for good screenplays?
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by Jayboy124: 9:39am On Jun 23, 2012
thespiannn: Huh, cool one. Can we work together one some more screenplays? Know execs or producers that can pay well for good screenplays?

I don't really know any execs or producers. But we can always work together. You write screenplays too?

1 Like

Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by VillageBoi(m): 11:43am On Jun 25, 2012
Damn, what do I even say? I'll take a leaf out of your initial post and follow the same tone - RE:"If you don't understand dramedies or indie films, please don't bother reading."

So if you don't understand the first thing about scriptwriting please don't bother posting such utter mind-numbingly awful stuff. I read all three looking for any redeeming points... zero! You write 'scripts' just as badly as almost every other Nigerian so-called scriptwriter. Simple fact 99% of Nigerians cannot write a good script.
It always full of 'things that CAN'T be seen on the screen = fail', 'Dialogue heavy adults that talk as if they are dumb 13yr olds = fail'. And the most annoying aspect of Nigerian scriptwriting - explain and explain and explain complete nonsense till the cows jump over the moon.

Nigerian filmmaking will remain in its state of absolute rubbish until we get scriptwriters that half know how to write!
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by Jayboy124: 3:33pm On Jun 25, 2012
VillageBoi: Damn, what do I even say? I'll take a leaf out of your initial post and follow the same tone - RE:"If you don't understand dramedies or indie films, please don't bother reading."

So if you don't understand the first thing about scriptwriting please don't bother posting such utter mind-numbingly awful stuff. I read all three looking for any redeeming points... zero! You write 'scripts' just as badly as almost every other Nigerian so-called scriptwriter. Simple fact 99% of Nigerians cannot write a good script.
It always full of 'things that CAN'T be seen on the screen = fail', 'Dialogue heavy adults that talk as if they are dumb 13yr olds = fail'. And the most annoying aspect of Nigerian scriptwriting - explain and explain and explain complete nonsense till the cows jump over the moon.

Nigerian filmmaking will remain in its state of absolute rubbish until we get scriptwriters that half know how to write!

Oooops. Sorry you didn't like them. I have always had comments like yours. I have also had people also like my stuff. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by VillageBoi(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2012
Jayboy124:
Oooops. Sorry you didn't like them. I have always had comments like yours. I have also had people also like my stuff. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
You're welcome. But if you've, as stated, always had comments like mine... kinda tells you over & over the writing is lacking something. Don't you think so? Family & friends always like what I write even when it's bad... they don't really count.
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by Jayboy124: 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
VillageBoi:

You're welcome. But if you've, as stated, always had comments like mine... kinda tells you over & over the writing is lacking something. Don't you think so? Family & friends always like what I write even when it's bad... they don't really count.

I don't mean family and friends. Trust me I throw my works around a lot. And I study whatever corrections are made well by people. I have had two screenplays on TS. None of the guys at TS was friend or family. They were also fellow struggling screenwriters like me.

Do you have screen credits? I wanna see some of your stuff.
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by VillageBoi(m): 5:12am On Jun 27, 2012
Jayboy124:

I don't mean family and friends. Trust me I throw my works around a lot. And I study whatever corrections are made well by people. I have had two screenplays on TS. None of the guys at TS was friend or family. They were also fellow struggling screenwriters like me.

Do you have screen credits? I wanna see some of your stuff.

I don't exactly write but know a little bit about it. I'm more into other aspects of filmmaking and a bit of photography. I really can't wait to find Nigerian writing that completely excites me and sounds 'natural'. A key to 'great' writing is each character not sounding written or forced (and even I can't do that)... I do dabble into it a little bit so here is a short Naija film I wrote and directed -

It was posted in a thread here on Nairaland.
https://www.nairaland.com/866173/new-short-film

And here is the direct link incase you'd like to see it there instead.
Direct link - https://vimeo.com/36224825

One thing I will say about you is do keep at it, keep it up and keep getting better because you can. But (I've got to have a wry chuckle here) please don't open a thread with a line that sounds 'pompous' because from your responses you don't seem to be such a person... and your 'readers' can get the wrong impression.
You do work at your craft and I have to give you credit for that as that is the only way we, as a nation, can get better.
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by VillageBoi(m): 5:39am On Jun 27, 2012
Jayboy you might find this thread to be of interest too. I presently write to a couple of guys on it and we've become friendly. No idea if anything will come of it but for now it's a few creatives having an off-site chat.

https://www.nairaland.com/931068/1st-hollywood-spec-screenplay#11242923
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by Jayboy124: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2012
VillageBoi:
Jayboy you might find this thread to be of interest too. I presently write to a couple of guys on it and we've become friendly. No idea if anything will come of it but for now it's a few creatives having an off-site chat.

https://www.nairaland.com/931068/1st-hollywood-spec-screenplay#11242923

I'll keep improving though. One thing I have found out about all aspects of filmmaking is that if you don't try, you can never improve. I found out that most successful filmmakers have made a lot of film,s before that one that finally brings them to limelight.

I will love to join the chit-chit. Will check out your film too.
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by VillageBoi(m): 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2012
Jayboy124:

I'll keep improving though. One thing I have found out about all aspects of filmmaking is that if you don't try, you can never improve. I found out that most successful filmmakers have made a lot of film,s before that one that finally brings them to limelight.

I will love to join the chit-chit. Will check out your film too.

Absolutely, that is the way to go. You will keep on improving, I will and hopefully many others will too. True, almost all successful filmmakers cut their teeth on smaller things - short films, TV, docs and they all made mistakes... infact they still all make mistakes and learn something on 'every' shoot.

I found out, having worked with a few, that a lot of Nigerians do think they know it all. One never stops learing in filmmaking or shouldn't and one of the things they drum into you in film school is that "Anything that can go wrong WILL go wrong". I almost never posted Sweet Sixteen as so much went wrong on the shoot and it fell way below my expectation but people encouraged me to and luckily almost everyone has really liked it so far. We made a ton of mistakes and did learn a ton.

Yeah, please do join the chit-chat and check out the short film (10 mins) when you have the time.
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by thespiannn: 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2012
Been a while since my last post. Been working seriously hard. I write screenplays too. I reside in Lagos, Nigeria. Contact me on: quicksilvernov@yahoo.com. there and then we can relate more.
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by vescucci(m): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
Em, I swear I was gonna say something that made some sense but it disappeared from my memory.

I could never write a script. Impossible. It's too rigid and full of rules for me. I do not consider it creative writing. I think we have things twisted. I'm not a film maker and I dunno much about what it takes to make a good film. I only know what a good film is. I think scriptwriters are not supposed to be burdened with the creation of ideas too. It should be like having a stenographer who dictates everything an author says. A scriptwriter should just develop a story into scenes and sequences. That is what I feel. Good luck to you both sha
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by sholay2011(m): 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
vescucci: Em, I swear I was gonna say something that made some sense but it disappeared from my memory.

I could never write a script. Impossible. It's too rigid and full of rules for me. I do not consider it creative writing. I think we have things twisted. I'm not a film maker and I dunno much about what it takes to make a good film. I only know what a good film is. I think scriptwriters are not supposed to be burdened with the creation of ideas too. It should be like having a stenographer who dictates everything an author says. A scriptwriter should just develop a story into scenes and sequences. That is what I feel. Good luck to you both sha
i disagree wiv u....vescucci..
Re: Excerpts Of My Screenplay by vescucci(m): 8:32pm On Jul 14, 2012
Sure, you have every right to. Care to expound though?

(1) (Reply)

Updates The Chase Big Brother Africa As It Hapens / Rurouni Kenshi/samurai X Movie Will Be In Cinemas Soon / Afrinolly Short Film Competition : View Short Listed Films!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.