Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,980 members, 7,942,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:15 AM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (438122 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by mPop(f): 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
IrishBebey:
Your "mom's brother" is not eligible to be your sponsor, yet the 450k that you have is way too small, besides, the transactions activities in your accounts do not meet the requirement
mPop: Am new here, really sorry for posting twice

I never said my mom's brother would be my sponser I said my mom/bro= mom or bro, and also I said d program I'd be goin for is is 2014 JAN not now, so I'm still saving up in my second strictly savings account, but and have been able to save 450k, would like to know if I can start putting the money in any of them(mom or bro) acct before I start my applicatn next year mayb august, and shd I deposit d money in der name.e.g. Name of depositer:their name.
Ur suggestions pls, tanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by mPop(f): 10:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
2015 JAN I mean
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
mPop:

I never said my mom's brother would be my sponser I said my mom/bro= mom or bro, and also I said d program I'd be goin for is is 2014 JAN not now, so I'm still saving up in my second strictly savings account, but and have been able to save 450k, would like to know if I can start putting the money in any of them(mom or bro) acct before I start my applicatn next year mayb august, and shd I deposit d money in der name.e.g. Name of depositer:their name.
Ur suggestions pls, tanks
She's not one of us, so she might not have understood your Nigerian English/expression.

Well, with the understanding that you are gathering money from every resource possible to meet the financial demands, it would be reasonable for the embassy to see that you can't comfortably finance yourself without recourse to public funds: hence they may consider you a social welfare and an immigration risk whilst in the UK.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by mPop(f): 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
How do I quote your last post? am trying to add my savings together with my mums own oo+ am sure my friends+family friends would give me some to 100 200 etc duno if u get wt am saying, js trying to build up her acct, if u get wt am saying
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by mPop(f): 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
But thanks for ur reply anyways
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Asorock1: 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hello tzetzefly, just wise and other gurus in the house. I want you to please tell me what is exactly wrong with my application and what to do to avoid this rejections. Today I just got my processed application from vsf France, and to my disappointment i was denied a France tourist visa. My intention is to go and return back as I just want to build a travel history to enable me reapply for US visit visa on December, after my first US denial, I have been to Dubai and Ghana. This is the documents I submitted and as well as my profile:
Married
Sales supervisor
31 years old
I have a one year old kid
Have been working for 6 years now
Have up to 1.7m + in my salary account
3 months salary pay slip.
Have a monthly income of #145k
I have 2 plots of land though yet to complete the payment valued at #3m so no C OF O only temporal receipt issued , I intend to complete the purchase once i return from Europe by October ending. But I didn't submit this temporal receipt
I Intended to stay for just 9 days.
Medical insurance
Flight reservation
Hotel reservation clearly showing 9 nights
Introduction letter from my employer
Leave letter
Marriage certificate
My child's NPC birth certificate
Copy of my work ID card
Bank stament for 3 months showing my stated income in the introduction letter
Application form and other requirements
My passport and other travel stamps.

Please what's wrong with my application with the rejection stamp on my passport now. the Dubai stamp and other African countries stamp, do I stand a chance to secure a US tourist visa by December if I don't go to any European country Please advice me on what to do , I'm nearly at the point of frustration, is there any European country or any other country i can apply for a visa to better my chances ??
Or do I just reapply at US embassy with just the Dubai and Ghana trip because the guy who interviewed me at US embassy Abuja on June told me the reason for my denial is lack of travel history.

Please help me just wise, favor gal , tzetzefly fly and the good people of nairaland.
God bless you.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Asorock1: 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
Asorock 1: Hello tzetzefly, just wise and other gurus in the house. I want you to please tell me what is exactly wrong with my application and what to do to avoid this rejections. Today I just got my processed application from vsf France, and to my disappointment i was denied a France tourist visa. My intention is to go and return back as I just want to build a travel history to enable me reapply for US visit visa on December, after my first US denial, I have been to Dubai and Ghana. This is the documents I submitted and as well as my profile:
Married
Sales supervisor
31 years old
I have a one year old kid
Have been working for 6 years now
Have up to 1.7m + in my salary account
3 months salary pay slip.
Have a monthly income of #145k
I have 2 plots of land though yet to complete the payment valued at #3m so no C OF O only temporal receipt issued , I intend to complete the purchase once i return from Europe by October ending. But I didn't submit this temporal receipt
I Intended to stay for just 9 days.
Medical insurance
Flight reservation
Hotel reservation clearly showing 9 nights
Introduction letter from my employer
Leave letter
Marriage certificate
My child's NPC birth certificate
Copy of my work ID card
Bank stament for 3 months showing my stated income in the introduction letter
Application form and other requirements
My passport and other travel stamps.

Please what's wrong with my application with the rejection stamp on my passport now. the Dubai stamp and other African countries stamp, do I stand a chance to secure a US tourist visa by December if I don't go to any European country Please advice me on what to do , I'm nearly at the point of frustration, is there any European country or any other country i can apply for a visa to better my chances ??
Or do I just reapply at US embassy with just the Dubai and Ghana trip because the guy who interviewed me at US embassy Abuja on June told me the reason for my denial is lack of travel history.

Please help me just wise, favor gal , tzetzefly fly and the good people of nairaland.
God bless you.

In addition to the information i provided above i just checked my passport properly and saw that the France embassy didn't stamp the refusal stamp on my passport, I'm happy for that in a way then the refusal form they have to me indicating the reasons for the rejection bears only my surname on it the the other and first name is someone else's name , please what does that mean
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by jahing: 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
Hello guys

I need an advise on something. I have a bank account statement of opening balance 7m, total withdraw 78m and total deposited is 89m,closing balance 550000.The account is a company account at the moment and all money was used for a business i could wait for a month,the balance will be above 10m but i need the statement now for my visa application to Canada.Do you think it will work?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by solomonwis(m): 8:16pm On Oct 01, 2013
jahing: Hello guys

I need an advise on something. I have a bank account statement of opening balance 7m, total withdraw 78m and total deposited is 89m,closing balance 550000.The account is a company account at the moment and all money was used for a business i could wait for a month,the balance will be above 10m but i need the statement now for my visa application to Canada.Do you think it will work?

Except the visa application is strictly for business,you cannot use a company account. Even if you must use it for business,you need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that your personal circumstances merit you being granted a visa. You should look at presenting a personal bank account instead of a company account.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by jahing: 5:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
My father is the owner of the company and he is my sponsor.He doesnt even have a personal account he is using,he is using the company account as his savings.You know Nigerian mentality ..It is only abroad they have company account different from savings.He has been using this account for the past 15 years if i can remember and other accounts he has too are company accounts.He doesnt have savings.I was told the embassy only interested in the transaction histories,please how through is that. I just pray Nigeria is a better country and we dont have to stress this much just for earning a visa. Thank you guys and please reply to my former.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by solomonwis(m): 11:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
jahing: My father is the owner of the company and he is my sponsor.He doesnt even have a personal account he is using,he is using the company account as his savings.You know Nigerian mentality ..It is only abroad they have company account different from savings.He has been using this account for the past 15 years if i can remember and other accounts he has too are company accounts.He doesnt have savings.I was told the embassy only interested in the transaction histories,please how through is that. I just pray Nigeria is a better country and we dont have to stress this much just for earning a visa. Thank you guys and please reply to my former.

I understand your dad is the financier but like I mentioned earlier your personal circumstances will come in to question during the process of going through your application.

What do you do presently?do you earn anything in terms of income?do you have any business/asset? Are you married or have any dependent in any way or are u in any way responsible for the upkeep of anybody?do you have any financial capability sufficient for the trip and even beyond? All of these will be questioned not those of your sponsor.

If you can answer those questions then solution may be proferred on the best way to approach your application.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by jahing: 7:22am On Oct 03, 2013
I don't work...i just graduated from the University 2011. I am trying to apply for study permit for my master degree programme. Not married just a normal guy
It is my parent sponsoring the programme..Thank you very much, I appreciate you.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by solomonwis(m): 7:30am On Oct 03, 2013
jahing: I don't work...i just graduated from the University 2011. I am trying to apply for study permit for my master degree programme. Not married just a normal guy
It is my parent sponsoring the programme..Thank you very much, I appreciate you.

Is your dad the sole owner of the business? How will he prove the money in the business account {which is meant for his business} will be made available for the purpose of your study in Canada?

Yes your dad can sponsor you but using solely his business account for sponsorship is a cry for the moon.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by jahing: 7:54am On Oct 03, 2013
Yes, he is the sole business...in the directors name, it has his name, mine and my brother...as I said earlier,the transaction in the account is great and business is doing well. Infact, if he wants to give me money for something, he gives me check from this same account. It is the account we use on daily doings. The problem is that there is no other account to use if my dad is the sponsor.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by solomonwis(m): 8:03am On Oct 03, 2013
jahing: Yes, he is the sole business...in the directors name, it has his name, mine and my brother...as I said earlier,the transaction in the account is great and business is doing well. Infact, if he wants to give me money for something, he gives me check from this same account. It is the account we use on daily doings. The problem is that there is no other account to use if my dad is the sponsor.

Ok. Given your responses, you may be able to use the company account for the purpose of study permit application. However,you will need to include board resolution with which the company permit you to use the company account for the purpose.

Please read more and make further enquiries here https://www.nairaland.com/1229480/travelling-canada-part-4/423
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:37am On Oct 03, 2013
Well done Solomonwis, excellent job

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by solomonwis(m): 11:02am On Oct 03, 2013
Vicjustice: Well done Solomonwis, excellent job

Thanks @Vicjustice.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Yeecar(m): 5:36am On Oct 05, 2013
I am a federal Civill servant, I work with the federal institute of industrial research oshodi. I recently got a scholarship to come to the US for a 1 month training which will be coming up by January 2014 . I applied for a B1 visa. An invitation letter was sent to me through d email which I presented to d Consular officer. But suprisingly I was denied a visa under section 214 (B) I told her dat a leter of introduction was also given to me by my employer but she didn't
ask.Please what can be the reason for my visa denial? I was properly dressed and I was even puting on my ofice I'd card. I left the embassy shocked and disapointed. Thanks in anticipation of Your quick response as am thinking of reapplying next week.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by cachal: 9:04am On Oct 05, 2013
Hello Good people of the house, please I have few questions to ask.

1, must one be married to get a visa?

2, once denied a visa because you are not married, can a spouse/date send you an invite?

3, if you luckily found a very rich/wealthy woman abroad (online things) can she cover your trip? And what are the chances.

Please a friend seriously need answers to this question.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
I was refused a visa, and i'm really upset, I would like to do a review with my lawyer and seriously i'm laughing at myself because I have seen similar cases to mine, i.e I mean using a business account statement because I don't have a savings account, my friend did the same thing she was initially refused and she did a review and got the visa, so I just want to do a review and submit by latest Tuesday, although I have an immigration Lawyer in-charge already but I still need some advice at least.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 7:49am On Oct 07, 2013
Yeecar: I am a federal Civill servant, I work with the federal institute of industrial research oshodi. I recently got a scholarship to come to the US for a 1 month training which will be coming up by January 2014 . I applied for a B1 visa. An invitation letter was sent to me through d email which I presented to d Consular officer. But suprisingly I was denied a visa under section 214 (B) I told her dat a leter of introduction was also given to me by my employer but she didn't
ask.Please what can be the reason for my visa denial? I was properly dressed and I was even puting on my ofice I'd card. I left the embassy shocked and disapointed. Thanks in anticipation of Your quick response as am thinking of reapplying next week.
The reason(s) for the refusal must have been explained to you even though you did not state it here. However, I suspect it has something to do with your personal circumstances.
I also think that you tried too hard to give impression to the embassy in that you were dressed wearing your work card around your neck: that alone might have been seen as an attempt to convince the visa officer of your credibility, but it might have created a negative impression

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2013
cachal: Hello Good people of the house, please I have few questions to ask.

1, must one be married to get a visa?

2, once denied a visa because you are not married, can a spouse/date send you an invite?

3, if you luckily found a very rich/wealthy woman abroad (online things) can she cover your trip? And what are the chances.

Please a friend seriously need answers to this question.
I would have answered the questions had it not been that they are for your "friend"

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:10am On Oct 07, 2013
kim k's girl:
I was refused a visa, and i'm really upset, I would like to do a review with my lawyer and seriously i'm laughing at myself because I have seen similar cases to mine, i.e I mean using a business account statement because I don't have a savings account, my friend did the same thing she was initially refused and she did a review and got the visa, so I just want to do a review and submit by latest Tuesday, although I have an immigration Lawyer in-charge already but I still need some advice at least.
What advice would be valid to you since you have definitely made up your mind on what to do?

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 07, 2013
Vicjustice: What advice would be valid to you since you have definitely made up your mind on what to do?
any advice you give me will be valid, because B4 my lawyer sends the letter i'll vet it and I can tell him to add something or remove something, the point i'm actually trying to make is that I have a friend that we have really similar situation. Same thing happened to her and she personally did a review and sent it herself and she was eventually given the visa. But she didn't use a lawyer, she wrote the letter back to them by herself

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by lovesavvi: 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
kim k's girl:
any advice you give me will be valid, because B4 my lawyer sends the letter i'll vet it and I can tell him to add something or remove something, the point i'm actually trying to make is that I have a friend that we have really similar situation. Same thing happened to her and she personally did a review and sent it herself and she was eventually given the visa. But she didn't use a lawyer, she wrote the letter back to them by herself
It take hw many working days for ur friend to get response from bhc afta the submission of the review, I just want to know the processing time for the review
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
lovesavvi: It take hw many working days for ur friend to get response from bhc afta the submission of the review, I just want to know the processing time for the review
16 days. She submitted to the British high commission in Abuja.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
Please how Long do I have to wait before reapplying for another U.K visit visa again.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by radical05: 4:53am On Oct 08, 2013
Hello Vicjustice, I have a huge headache regards this issue and I would be glad if you can help out.
Please if a friend earns 250,000 monthly but they don't pay into an account but for the sake of Canada visa application has informed the company to be depositing into his savings account which would be back up with pay slips for the 6 months.
THE PROBLEMS.....earning 250,000 monthly is 1.5m account balance for 6 months(oct 2013-march 2014) and with an opening account balance of 540,000 in sept 2013 would make it roughly 2m at the end of march 2014. (Now the tuition, living expenses etc amounts to 20,000CAD lets say roughly 3.2m but he wants to have about 4m or more as extra) and he intends to apply against sept 2014. He is expecting a sum of 1.4m by Dec 2013 from his car sales(pls note that the car was bought in his name by his sister's husband that lives in US that has a car lot in Nigeria though he(the friend in question) owns the money that was used to get the car) so when the car is being sold he would have 1.4m and plus extra tips from friends and families making it about 2m or more which would add up to 4m or more. Now my questions are

1) How would you advice him to spread the remaining 2m(the one gotten from the car sale plus tips from friends and families) which is different from his regular monthly income? this has been the main concern as I have read on this thread that the bank statement must show the source of income and expenditures that are verifiable. The bank statement would be able to show the monthly income of 250,000 for 6 months but adding that up wont be solely sufficient as an adequate fund so please how would you advice him to spread the remaining money that he has because he wants to avoid depositing a lump sum of money considered as money lodgement?

2) he was thinking of attaching the docs that showed the car he sold to get the 1.4m was bought in his name but unfortunately he doesn't have an evidence that the money was transferred from his account to his sister's husband in US because it was a sum of money that someone owe him(the person that owe him is in US and he was the one that transferred the money) and he decided to use that money to now invest and get a car to sell so that is why he is considering spreading the money since he cant justify how he transfer the fund to get a car to sell
2) he would have used a sponsor but he was denied the last time he applied because of sponsor not credible and he is an adult so he decided to sponsor himself this time around. The money is however available but the confusion is how to reflect the source of the remaining funds in the account which is apart from the monthly income.
Vicjustice and all other oga's on top please kindly give a sincere response/advice.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:59am On Oct 08, 2013
radical05: Hello Vicjustice, I have a huge headache regards this issue and I would be glad if you can help out.
Please if a friend earns 250,000 monthly but they don't pay into an account but for the sake of Canada visa application has informed the company to be depositing into his savings account which would be back up with pay slips for the 6 months.
THE PROBLEMS.....earning 250,000 monthly is 1.5m account balance for 6 months(oct 2013-march 2014) and with an opening account balance of 540,000 in sept 2013 would make it roughly 2m at the end of march 2014. (Now the tuition, living expenses etc amounts to 20,000CAD lets say roughly 3.2m but he wants to have about 4m or more as extra) and he intends to apply against sept 2014. He is expecting a sum of 1.4m by Dec 2013 from his car sales(pls note that the car was bought in his name by his sister's husband that lives in US that has a car lot in Nigeria though he(the friend in question) owns the money that was used to get the car) so when the car is being sold he would have 1.4m and plus extra tips from friends and families making it about 2m or more which would add up to 4m or more. Now my questions are

1) How would you advice him to spread the remaining 2m(the one gotten from the car sale plus tips from friends and families) which is different from his regular monthly income? this has been the main concern as I have read on this thread that the bank statement must show the source of income and expenditures that are verifiable. The bank statement would be able to show the monthly income of 250,000 for 6 months but adding that up wont be solely sufficient as an adequate fund so please how would you advice him to spread the remaining money that he has because he wants to avoid depositing a lump sum of money considered as money lodgement?

2) he was thinking of attaching the docs that showed the car he sold to get the 1.4m was bought in his name but unfortunately he doesn't have an evidence that the money was transferred from his account to his sister's husband in US because it was a sum of money that someone owe him(the person that owe him is in US and he was the one that transferred the money) and he decided to use that money to now invest and get a car to sell so that is why he is considering spreading the money since he cant justify how he transfer the fund to get a car to sell
2) he would have used a sponsor but he was denied the last time he applied because of sponsor not credible and he is an adult so he decided to sponsor himself this time around. The money is however available but the confusion is how to reflect the source of the remaining funds in the account which is apart from the monthly income.
Vicjustice and all other oga's on top please kindly give a sincere response/advice.
So, you're doing all these salary calculations and long analysis with passion for a "friend"?
With due respect, you seem to know so much about "a friend" than I even know my own self.
Look, it is not a problem to answer a "friend" question, but it just doesn't go well with me to think that someone is trying to get information from me by means of unecessary deception
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by funkybaby(f): 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
kim k's girl:
Please how Long do I have to wait before reapplying for another U.K visit visa again.

you do not have to wait. there is no rule/law/guidance that stipulates you have to wait a certain time before reapplying.

you can reapply the very next day if you wish to do so.

what really matters is rectifying whatever issue that has been flagged up that led to the refusal and also make sure you have all other areas covered...anything else that could be used by the ECO to refuse another application.

i will also suggest you prepare a covering letter/personal statement explaining your circumstance, explaining what docs you've included that 'sorts out or explains' the previous refusal' taken since the last refusal and attach it to the new application.

whatever decision you take, i wish you goodluck smiley
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by funkybaby(f): 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
radical05: Please if a friend earns 250,000 monthly but they don't pay into an account but for the sake of Canada visa application has informed the company to be depositing into his savings account which would be back up with pay slips for the 6 months.

based on my understanding, the canadian peeps have nothing against savings account bank statement, so this is what i would suggest you tell your friend to do.

he should open a 'savings account' and pay in the proceeds of the car sale. he can only set up a monthly standing order... 5k, 10k or whatever he can afford from his existing bank account to the new savings account.

so basically, at the interview, he can provide two bank account statements
1) current/basic account where he pays in his salary and withdraws his living expenses from
2) savings account which contains the proceeds of his car sale as well as the other funds he has saved, that is 'the monthly standing order'.

he should also go along with an invoice confirming receipt of the funds from the sale of the car as well as the bank deposit slip confirming the funds has been deposited in the new 'savings account' (that is, if the transaction was not done online).

please note, i have not suggested you open a 'fixed account'. it has to be a savings account as this is evidence that the money is easily accessible by yourself at anytime.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by radical05: 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hello Vicjustice, this aint deception and the reason why i know so much is because the person in question is my fiance but he doesnt come on nairaland but i happen to be a member hence asking the question on his behalf...please i'm really asking on someone's behalf. I have no reason to lie. Thanks as i await your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.