Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,322 members, 7,971,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 01:57 AM

The Rough Journey To The Peak Of My Career – Hope You Can Draw Some Inspiration - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Rough Journey To The Peak Of My Career – Hope You Can Draw Some Inspiration (708 Views)

Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / MY JOURNEY TO Eko(lagos). Part1 Episode 1 Story By Kelly9ice / Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Rough Journey To The Peak Of My Career – Hope You Can Draw Some Inspiration by acaforreal(m): 4:03pm On Jun 19, 2012
To qualify as a Chartered Accountant was not as easy task. In fact, it was the greatest challenge I ever had in my entire life – having the courage to face what some people call the “almighty” ICAN (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria) examinations. The “almighty” tells of how challenging and difficult it is to pass the examinations which a number of would-be Chartered Accountants have abandoned and many have vowed never to write again because of the failures and setbacks they have suffered. These are the quitters and losers.

Having passed each of the first five stages of the examinations at a sitting, one would have thought passing the final examination would be an easy ride. But alas, I failed. It was a big blow indeed. And as if that was not enough, this was followed by successive failures. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven attempts at the final examination: total failure. But I had learnt long time ago that success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. As long as you are still enthusiastic about your goals, dreams and aspirations, failures notwithstanding, you are still on course; failures are part of the process.

I became resolute, never to give up, determined not to throw in the towel, never to raise the white flag of defeat. I went for it the eighth time. Then came that beautiful seven letter word: s-u-c-c-e-s-s. Today when my friends see me, even those that quit, what they say is “he is a Chartered Accountant”. Not “oh, he failed seven times.”
Today, that boy who repeated primary four, who wrote O-Level four times, who wrote the university entrance examination four times and who wrote ICAN final eight consecutive times, is finally a Chartered Accountant, a Chartered Tax Practitioner, a Certified Stock Market Agent, a Financial Expert and an Investment Analyst. All thanks to the power to keep on. Today I live my dreams and you too can Live Your Dreams.
Learn more @ http://www.livethelifeofyourdream.com

(1) (Reply)

Will Know! Men Are Married Four Secret / Commemorative Poem For Bishop David Oyedepo's 58th Birthday Anniversary!!!!!! / FANTASY ISLAND; The Stolen Globe: Now Available On Lulu.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.