Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,811 members, 7,889,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:30 PM

3g In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 3g In Nigeria (2641 Views)

Issue With Etisalat 3G In Benin City / Do Airtel Have 3g In Nigeria / 3G In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3g In Nigeria by maxjax(m): 9:03am On Dec 12, 2007
Fadajasi:

Wow, mtn has finally launch 3.5G service today,celtel and glo will launch theirs next week or so,it may be 3.8G this time around for celtel

Glo already launched theirs the day before MTN, its officially known as GLO 3G PLUS grin
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Fadajasi(m): 9:32am On Dec 12, 2007
Na u knw dat 1 o, cos its another 1st from mtn,was what they were saying@maxjax
Re: 3g In Nigeria by sect(m): 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2007
Its not about who launches it first but about the quality of the service and the cost of delivering it to subscribers.
Re: 3g In Nigeria by sect(m): 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2007
Its not about who launches it first but about the quality of the service and the cost of delivering it to subscribers.
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Fadajasi(m): 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2007
I hope it will be great, expecially from celtel
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Bossman(m): 12:20am On Dec 13, 2007
As mentioned already, the question that needs to be asked is can they reliably provide 3G service. I could barely maintian a connection on GPRS/EDGE when I was there last year. The curent infrastructure in place has to be improved first. These companies can hardly provide consistent and reliable voice service. Also, 3G will not be free. It will defintely be a big plus if it can be deployed and it's very reliable. But that needs to be seen.
Re: 3g In Nigeria by chat2chuma(m): 9:26am On Dec 13, 2007
Come o!.MTN said that they were unleashing 3.5G and Globacom(approx 3.5 hr later) issued a statement saying that they too were unleashing 3G "Plus".Abeg which kain battle dis people dey battle so!.And which one is 3G plus(never heard of it).
While all this is going on,Celtel has decided to do the BIG BOY style by sitting back and watching as MTN and Glo do WAR using 3G and the theme of their fight.
Personally,i will chose Glo's 3G Plus.at least you know that you will get something out of it,unlike MTN's 3.5G-which im sure they are not ready to start operating it now,maybe until ending 2008.remember this country,obodo Nija,is having "general lighting problems"
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Fadajasi(m): 6:05pm On Dec 13, 2007
All i know is that celtel will provide the best
Re: 3g In Nigeria by kulex2k1(m): 5:22pm On Dec 14, 2007
3G+ is just a range between 3G to 3.5G theres realy no diff btw wat mtn launched and that of glo
Re: 3g In Nigeria by EZHack(m): 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2007
How fast is the MTN 3.5G?

I have to wait to test this. It will be useless paying for a less promising service.

I will wait till others release, then I will test all and compare which will be suitable.
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Fadajasi(m): 8:32am On Dec 15, 2007
Its as fast as 128kbps
Re: 3g In Nigeria by nazzyon(m): 11:55am On Dec 15, 2007
Note: They announced that they tested 3G and not 3.5G. When did it come to 3.5G when we haven't even perceived how their 3G works.

Though 3.5G is much more faster than 3G but how are we sure that customers won't be reaped off. Well can't wait to test the speed.
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Bossman(m): 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2007
It should be whole lot faster than that. 3G should be (at least on this end it is) on par with broadband speeds. I consistently get above 700 kbs.

I just ran a test on my samsung blackjack it reported 783 kbit/sec.

Fadajasi:

Its as fast as 128kbps
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Fadajasi(m): 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2007
How fast sef be computer? 700kbps ke
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Bossman(m): 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2007
Yes! Ask anyone that's using 3G on AT&T to post their speed test. You'll be surprised. 3G is broadband speed. Was at a friends house last weekend. I connected my laptop via cable to my blackjack and was surfing at even higher speeds. We were watching videos on youtube with complete ease!

I just did a spped test right now on my treo 750. Clocked 647kbit/sec. BTW, these tests were done while in my basement where signal is marginal.

See folks in the US talk about/post their speed tests then you'll know it's for real.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1291781

Fadajasi:

How fast sef be computer? 700kbps ke
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Fadajasi(m): 7:02pm On Dec 15, 2007
Wow
Re: 3g In Nigeria by vowiski(m): 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2007
i m comming
just wait
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Fadajasi(m): 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2007
Wait 4 what?@vowiski
Re: 3g In Nigeria by mcmsat(m): 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2007
3.5G is good but how affordable?
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Fadajasi(m): 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2007
It will be affordable,i asure u dat
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Fadajasi(m): 7:58pm On Dec 17, 2007
There free videos on the homepage wap.mtnonline.com,s0mething like '3.5g alive'. Try it
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Bossman(m): 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2007
What is the point of 3G anyway, when basic service is still lacking. The operators have to crawl before the can walk. They vast majority of Nigerians just want to be able to make and complete calls effortlessly.

Nigeria: GSM - Huge Market, Poor Service

http://allafrica.com/stories/200712180698.html
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Fadajasi(m): 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2007
Failure is bound to happen sometimes,even in other countries
Re: 3g In Nigeria by ceejay80s(m): 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2007
you are all still learners when it comes to knowing more about 3G networks and phones.never the less i am still your host if you need to know more about  3G ,just holla back at your main man ceejay80s
grin grin
Re: 3g In Nigeria by ceejay80s(m): 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2007
texazzpete:

Great. another pompous arsehole.

We'll try wikipedia if we need to learn anything, thank you.

whos an ass hole,ass hole!! by the way which school you go,you can't even spell ass hole.my guy go back to primary one,nairaland administrators should come up with a new system of asking any body who is signing up to present his or her pry or secondary school leaving certificate before he or she can join nairaland forum.some people no fit even spell
Re: 3g In Nigeria by DisGuy: 7:44am On Dec 20, 2007
Bossman:

What is the point of 3G anyway, when basic service is still lacking. The operators have to crawl before the can walk. They vast majority of Nigerians just want to be able to make and complete calls effortlessly.

Nigeria: GSM - Huge Market, Poor Service

http://allafrica.com/stories/200712180698.html

Bo$$man, profit, profit profit those guys are making a killing!! they know Nigerians like foreign and new things
some will pay through the nose to get these stuff even if they don't need it
mtn has been barred from selling sim cards probably due to bad services
but they know its just shakara, they'll even roll out new services
Re: 3g In Nigeria by Fadajasi(m): 10:53pm On Dec 20, 2007
Make una dey una sef
Re: 3g In Nigeria by topeteadr(m): 7:47am On Dec 21, 2007
Ceejay, arent u suppose to 4llow nland's rules.
****NB: You're nt suppose 2 spell a$$ fully. So texapete is right****.
Re: 3g In Nigeria by syizhang: 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2007
Starcomms's EVDO is one kind of 3G tech
Re: 3g In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 7:07am On Dec 22, 2007
@ceejay80s
ass = US English
arse =British version. You'll never catch an englishman saying 'ass'
I hope you're appreciative of the education you've just received, slowpoke.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Install Themes On Iphone 3g / Power On/off Sound Of TECNO P5 / Kingroot Is Now Translated In English And Ready To Serve You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.