Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,287 members, 7,950,494 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:20 PM

Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? (2779 Views)

Man Hospitalised After Sex With Friend’s Wife In Ebonyi / Funny Symptoms That You Are "Due" To Go Get Yourself A Wife! / 10 Things Most Girls Do When Going To Meet Their Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by mizztee234: 8:12pm On Jun 20, 2012
Why do Nigerian men in the diaspora particularly US/UK guys go to Nigeria to find a wife when there are so many beautiful, single and well behaved nigerian girls here in the west?

Men who have done this or intend to what are your reasons? I am truly curious.
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by luckgames(m): 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2012
mizztee234: Why do Nigerian men in the diaspora particularly US/UK guys go to Nigeria to find a wife when there are so many beautiful, single and well behaved nigerian girls here in the west?

Men who have done this or intend to what are your reasons? I am truly curious.

pepper are wait lot of this people
They don't have to limit themselves
Please marry any women that treat you nice, and right, no secret and me, me, me
Your kids and you are not their first priority
You want a Nigerian women show time and stories O
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by Yvete(f): 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2012
Good Nigerian men in the US are hard to find! sad
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by luckgames(m): 8:33pm On Jun 20, 2012
Yvete: Good Nigerian men in the US are hard to find! sad
Not true
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 8:59pm On Jun 20, 2012
luckgames:
Not true
i agree. Most men come back home because they believe that the difference in culture might be a barrier
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by mizztee234: 9:07pm On Jun 20, 2012
Mynd_44:
i agree. Most men come back home because they believe that the difference in culture might be a barrier

Difference in culture how? Are the nigerian girls in the west not nigerians? won't they share the same culture with their counterparts who reside in Nigeria?
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2012
@OP
its a very simple issue.........all these men who go back home to marry some village donkey, do so because they want to be with someone that they can CONTROL!!!!! if you listen to these silly guys then you would believe that most of the 9ja sistas abroad are wild uncontrollable beast, while they are just African women who adapted to their surroundings like any human being would (unless you are Chinese).

sadly, these foolish men get a WAKE UP CALL when that said village donkey goes back to the west and starts acting like her fellow 9ja sistas abroad. the only way these men can keep these village women the way they are/were is by KEEPING THEM IN THE VILLAGE IN AFRICA....... because any woman will adapt to her surroundings whether in Las Gidi London or NY.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by luckgames(m): 9:29pm On Jun 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
its a very simple issue.........all these men who go back home to marry some village donkey, do so because they want to be with someone that they can CONTROL!!!!! if you listen to these silly guys then you would believe that most of the 9ja sistas abroad are wild uncontrollable beast, while they are just African women who adapted to their surroundings like any human being would (unless you are Chinese).

sadly, these foolish men get a WAKE UP CALL when that said village donkey goes back to the west and starts acting like her fellow 9ja sistas abroad. the only way these men can keep these village women the way they are/were is by KEEPING THEM IN THE VILLAGE IN AFRICA....... because any woman will adapt to her surroundings whether in Las Gidi London or NY.
You got it tweaked
lot of men and women don't balance their Africa and developed countries culture very well
There are lot and lot of issues in this communities not just Nigeria
Caribbean people too
I was bless to just sit in and listen to some young Caribbean girls
I was a surprise
Yes some Nigeria go to Nigeria to bring women and think they are going to control the busy girl
E.G you want to be an American but you don't want to give your husband 100% support like the American women will do
The Nigerian men and women have lot of issue YES
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by 195(f): 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2012
Of cuss going back to village sorry Nigeria is always the best

cos then the women can bow to our blow jobs needs cheesy cheesy

unlike the wild wild Jamaicans west
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by luckgames(m): 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2012
190_@:
Of cuss going back to village sorry Nigeria is always the best

cos then the women can bow to our blow jobs needs cheesy cheesy

unlike the wild wild Jamaicans west
I will take a Jamaican over a Nigeria women
190 you know what you are getting from a Jamaican women
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by jmoore(m): 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2012
transgender-fake women in the western world
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 20, 2012
luckgames:
You got it tweaked
lot of men and women don't balance their Africa and developed countries culture very well
There are lot and lot of issues in this communities not just Nigeria
Caribbean people too
I was bless to just sit in and listen to some young Caribbean girls
I was a surprise
Yes some Nigeria go to Nigeria to bring women and think they are going to control the busy girl
E.G you want to be an American but you don't want to give your husband 100% support like the American women will do
The Nigerian men and women have lot of issue YES

bro, pls care to tell us all why a man would get up and go deep into some African village to get something that is freely available in the west? what is it about the west that turns these ladies (already there) into "unmarriable zombies"? or do they all lose their "culture" as soon as they go through immigration?
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 20, 2012
Yvete: Good Nigerian men in the US are hard to find! sad

Good men are scarce everywhere, in general. Alright men, calm down; that applies for women too.

The downside of making generalizations? Exceptions. For ex: I used to tell myself I would never be interested in a man fresh-off-the-boat from Naija or any African country, simply because (some) of their mentality differs from the outside world's, especially with regards to gender roles. But I've met African men who were surprisingly ...different. And then there're men who have been abroad for a long time, who still have the same mentality as those back in Naija. So, at the end of the day, it all boils down to the individual. I will say that many of the older men (both in Naija and abroad) are more stoic in their beliefs though, as expected, while the younger generations are more open-minded.
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by israelbenzion: 12:07am On Jun 21, 2012
luckgames:
pepper are wait lot of this people
They don't have to limit themselves
Please marry any women that treat you nice, and right, no secret and me, me, me
Your kids and you are not their first priority
You want a Nigerian women show time and stories O

My friend, not everyone here understands Swahili. Translate all u hv said into English so that others can read. Thanks a lot.
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by Tosinville(m): 12:17am On Jun 21, 2012
shocked
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by bestofthisyear(m): 6:30am On Jun 21, 2012
I will say for some first generation nigerian men the interest in finding a wife in naija is you grow up with an example of what you want and look for in a wife in your mother. If you don't see those particular qualities in women in your area it compels one to seek for such from the source. The problem is the source isn't what it quite used to be
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 8:50am On Jun 21, 2012
mizztee234:

Difference in culture how? Are the nigerian girls in the west not nigerians? won't they share the same culture with their counterparts who reside in Nigeria?
The culture problem is basically control. Nigerian men who do it are looking for ladies they can control and Bend to fit their dumb egos
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by AzaMontana(f): 11:13am On Jun 26, 2012
Most men are afraid of challenges and blv that woman abroad will never respect them. Maybe it has been proven that when our sistas get to other countries they change and loose the values they had back home. I would understand if your dont wanna marry an oyibo or a native from the west because you would ofcourse need someone to follow you back to naija in your old age but not marrying your own kind just because she is abroad is just wicked ohh. Maybe us sistas just need to show our abroad brothers that being a naija lady abroad does not turn you in to oyibo, we need to show them that we are still the same woman we would be even if we were still in the village
MRbrownJAY:

bro, pls care to tell us all why a man would get up and go deep into some African village to get something that is freely available in the west? what is it about the west that turns these ladies (already there) into "unmarriable zombies"? or do they all lose their "culture" as soon as they go through immigration?
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by luckgames(m): 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
Aza Montana: Most men are afraid of challenges and blv that woman abroad will never respect them. Maybe it has been proven that when our sistas get to other countries they change and loose the values they had back home. I would understand if your dont wanna marry an oyibo or a native from the west because you would ofcourse need someone to follow you back to naija in your old age but not marrying your own kind just because she is abroad is just wicked ohh. Maybe us sistas just need to show our abroad brothers that being a naija lady abroad does not turn you in to oyibo, we need to show them that we are still the same woman we would be even if we were still in the village

Great comment
The biggest problem for Nigerian men and women is balancing Nigerian and America Culture
Some women want to be Nigerian woman when it is time to pay the bills
America woman other day
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
Aza Montana: Most men are afraid of challenges and blv that woman abroad will never respect them.

the same women they go and get in Africa, are the same ones that land abroad everyday by the plane load. if they are good to marry in Africa, then why cannot they be good to marry after a 7hrs plane ride? also, RESPECT should be given where respect is due.......some men are cleaning dishes or doing cleaning for a living, and then wonder why women who are educated and possibly successful over here dont respect them. its a NO BRAINER!!!!!

so these men go back home and tell some silly women in the village that they live in US/UK, and without knowing what this man does, these women will be attracted to the idea of marrying him and moving there........not knowing that he clean dishes for a living.
when she comes to her newfoundland, she is kept in his low standard of life, and thus even if life may be shiit, it is better than the one she lived in the village. the day she finally get out of bondage and divorce this man is the day she finally gets an education a job and realize that the life she was living all along was a miserable one.

Maybe it has been proven that when our sistas get to other countries they change and loose the values they had back home.

there is a HUGE difference between losing your values and adapting to your surroundings. you can only live a Nigerian lifestyle IN NIGERIA. in the UK, they MUST live a UK life, and so too in the US or wherever. living a Nigerian lifestyle in Nigeria is the dumbest thing that anyone could ever do......sadly many men think on how people live in 9ja, and expect them to live the same life abroad, duh!

I would understand if your dont wanna marry an oyibo or a native from the west because you would ofcourse need someone to follow you back to naija in your old age but not marrying your own kind just because she is abroad is just wicked ohh. Maybe us sistas just need to show our abroad brothers that being a naija lady abroad does not turn you in to oyibo, we need to show them that we are still the same woman we would be even if we were still in the village

thats impossible because these men want to be able to do (abroad) the things that men in 9ja do. for example: beat the hell out of you if you have disagreements, and not be prosecuted for it.
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by luckgames(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
israel ben-zion:

My friend, not everyone here understands Swahili. Translate all u hv said into English so that others can read. Thanks a lot.
You know what is pepper, Yes or NO
Nigerian woman will rob your face with pepper
She will change fast than some Nigerian women already living there
Your dumb A?? and your kids are not her first priority
She wan to buy land and start build house that is she first priority
Marry a woman that will love a commit to the betterment of the family not individual with the mentality of it is all about me
I am sure you dumb B a?? got it now FOOL
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by luckgames(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
@MRbrownJAY's "thats impossible because these men want to be able to do (abroad) the things that men in 9ja do. for example: beat the hell out of you if you have disagreements, and not be prosecuted for it."

Any Men that beat a women should go to jail
Why at the same time Nigerian women shouldn't put their hand on their husband
Think he wouldn't defend himself
@MRbrownJAY's You have some valid point Yes Nigerian man with high school education want to marry a Nigerian woman that is a nurse or Doctor
But in UK and U.S there are men with high school education that are married to women with better education
I talked about balancing our Nigerian way and the culture of UK/U.S/Canada
Some Nigerian men don't tell the women the type of education UK/U.S/Canada
The type of jobs they do in UK/U.S/Canada
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by AzaMontana(f): 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2012
All i know is that our brothers never marry abroad because they fear being challenged. Y do yol marry oyibo or non nigerian natives abroad? Is it because you want paper or do you realy love them? if you realy love them why cann't you love us too because we are all in the same country as these other non 9ja ladies.
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by luckgames(m): 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
Aza Montana: All i know is that our brothers never marry abroad because they fear being challenged. Y do yol marry oyibo or non nigerian natives abroad? Is it because you want paper or do you realy love them? if you realy love them why cann't you love us too because we are all in the same country as these other non 9ja ladies.
Nigerian man want Nigerian women and love Nigerian women
I know people who said it that they will not go to Nigeria and marry a Nigerian woman that they will find
a Nigerian woman UK/U.S/Canada to marry here
Some people did but things happen
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 26, 2012
bro Luckgames
we all know that if a man beats his wife in 9ja, he wont even get a fine (or citation).....and if she actually did something wrong, the arresting officer (if arrest there will even be) will even warrant the beating of the wifey. who are we kidding? the fact that 9ja is a lawless country is the reason why many go back home to marry......... many women in Africa believe that being beaten by your husband is part of marriage life and that THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO. sadly many women go to US/EUROPE and realize that there is MUCH they can do against such evil act.....and it goes both ways (women can also be prosecuted and jailed for beating on their hubbies).

many of our sistas abroad are well educated and should therefore be respected for who they are, instead of expecting them to be doing what unemployed mothers (or desperate to marry uneducated women) are doing in 9ja ....
if a guy is a dish cleaner and earning just as much as his wifey (whether she is a doctor/lawyer or not), then he has no reason to expect to be treated like king Abdullah of Saudia Arabia. sadly many go back home to find desperate women who will do just that.

again it is all down to control, aka i brought you here when you were desperately suffering in 9ja, so you demand to be treated like the king that i believe i am, lol.
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by claremont(m): 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
There are good ladies everywhere, in the same vein, there are also bad ladies everywhere as well. Being a good or bad person has got nothing to do with culture. A bad lady will still be a bad lady regardless of the culture she emanates from, and vice versa. Why would someone want to go all the way to Nigeria simply because he is looking for a lady to settle down with?! What happened to all the ladies around where you work/live/play?! There is no way in hell you can convince me that all the ladies around where you work/live/play are not marriage material!
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by LFJ: 8:35pm On Jun 26, 2012
Yield:

Good men are scarce everywhere, in general. Alright men, calm down; that applies for women too.

The downside of making generalizations? Exceptions. For ex: I used to tell myself I would never be interested in a man fresh-off-the-boat from Naija or any African country, simply because (some) of their mentality differs from the outside world's, especially with regards to gender roles. But I've met African men who were surprisingly ...different. And then there're men who have been abroad for a long time, who still have the same mentality as those back in Naija. So, at the end of the day, it all boils down to the individual. I will say that many of the older men (both in Naija and abroad) are more stoic in their beliefs though, as expected, while the younger generations are more open-minded.

Pls if you don't care, can you explain what you mean by mentality of Nigeria back home?
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by Godswilln(m): 2:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
You guys should not be confused about this,it's very simple to understand, Nigerian guys Abroad wants ladies here for a reason. what is that reason??. i have a cousin brother that based in USA with parents when he wanted to marry he has no option but to came down here for a wife and i ask him reason. this is his reasons.95% of Nigerian ladies there have one character in common{wild life!, very rude to a man believing they have equal right} no matter what, there will be no way we can compare women down here with those abroad in character. if nothing should expect, respect must be there and fear not to lose u as a man. which woman abroad will never fear not to lose u instead u go to hell.those here will never have divorce in their mind instead they will do everything to hold the marriage. who the hell will take ur shit as an abroad Nigeria lady? instead they will proudly walk out of the marriage hookup with another man get pregnant have one child and that ends it,life goes on.that life is not for real Nigerian woman.no woman in Nigeria will be happy to walk out of her marriage it's not common. so instead they plan better way to keep the marriage happy one. ladies should try theirs too it's not a shameful act just make sure u apply every wise ways to know him well. bet me u will live a happy couple. so they should stop complaning.
Re: Why Are You Going To Find A Wife In Nigeria? by GboyegaD(m): 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
There is no basis for generalization because it differs from one individual to the other. However, one reason I think most guys would prefer to go back to Nigeria is because of the way they see some of the girls who grew up in the west. Many atimes, many see them as being wild and do not have values for African culture. In as much as this may be a biased judgment, I would also want us to see from the surrounding where we grew up where we have some expectations of how we want our women to behave etc. Above all, to each individual his/her life so people should choose what is best for them because ladies do the same at least I have some of my classmates in secondary school who went back to Nigeria to marry guys they dated at a point before they left Nigeria claiming the guys who grew up here have different ideas to what they are looking for in their husband.

(1) (Reply)

This Might Be The Fate Of Some Girls After Valentine Nite / Should A Girl Date Or Marry A Guy She Is Richer Than? / In Need Of Guy For A Serious Relationship In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.