Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,680 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:01 AM

Who Is God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God? (2103 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Who Is God? by donphilopus: 10:30am On Dec 12, 2013
See question!!!
Re: Who Is God? by grailife(m): 9:47am On Jan 01, 2016
bodsibobo:
Hi all,

Can I ask a question from those of you who says there is no God? Especially to Idinrete who says the writers of the bible know no science etc.

I myself have been thinking of this for some time now. You see I did a bit of science before I went into accounting (at least I had an A2 in physics in WASCE O level.)

I look at the universe or the solar system as science have taught us with all the many bodies; sun, moon, the stars, earth, mars, venus, pluto et al; and I hope you know that there are many millions of them.
Science makes us know that all these bodies are in motion either rotating or revolving or both. All these bodies have been in these motions for years, many, many years.

I try to imagine that if these bodies are left to randomly move as they do on their own, there is no way that they would remain in such perfect motions and positions that they are now and have ever maintained.

My question is do you really believe there is no 'influence' on the organised motion(s) of all these bodies in the solar system that they have at no time crashed into each other?

I know science made several attempts at explaining with several 'laws' such as Newton's laws of motion; Law of universal gravitaion etc, etc. Yes but think beyond these 'laws' and look at the very basics.

Methinks the fine order we have in the solar system is the biggest proof we have of God's existence because if there was no 'influence' from him, the whole planet/solar system would have crashed.

P.s. Please don't even raise the issue of the so-called "Big-Bang-Theory".
To me, the big band was what happened in Genesis when God created the heavens and the earth!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Truthislight - Come And Show Us The Truth - A Discussion / If Nigeria Falls It Affects Africa-prophet Eric Owusu / 21 Days Of Prayer And Fasting For The Winners' Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.