Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,088 members, 7,880,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:37 PM

Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh (4057 Views)

10 Classes Of Christians That Make God Weep. / 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished / 5 Christian Quotes We Should Stop Saying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
Okay, so here are the top 5 things that I believe that make atheists laugh about the christian religion.

1) Speaking in tongues;
Reggaeshabbbadede, dodorobbolaka, shamalamabababa!!! Hallelujah! Speaking in tongues is clearly as fake the cheap crocodile shoes that my local pastor wears. It is pure nonsense just to entertain and deceive people. Even the bible says that there should be an interpreter translating the tongue. However, the pastors who speak in tongues never have an interpreter and they never speak in any intelligible language.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/697888_wonka_2_jpg12067a8d162dfb01a66d65b2248e7a97

2) Slaps giving/ministry in deliverance/exorcism
Are you a witch for Jesus? Do you need deliverance? There are many pastors that will slap or beat the hell out of church members who need deliverance. I have no idea where they got this idea from. We all know Oyedepo's slaps giving but do we know where he got his inspiration from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UCEx3BfO-k

3) Dream interpreting
There are many christians that believe God sends messages to them through dreams. They get this idea from Joseph in the bible who was interpreting dreams and telling people of their fortunes. It is funny that the same bible says we should kill fortune tellers grin

4) Morality

Christian Zealot; atheists dont have morals

Atheist; We do

Christian Zealot; Morals come from Gawd and the BIBLE!!

Atheist; The bible has immorality; Slavery and homophobia in leveticus, genocide in the old testament and Paul making misogynistic letters in the new testament.

Christian Zealot; Stop commiting blasphemy, you God hater!

5) Evolution is a myth!
It is funny how many Christians say that evolution has no evidence (when there is evidence) yet, they dont apply the same critical standards to the bible.

Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 8:34pm On Jun 21, 2012
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by AtheistD(m): 8:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
Evolution a myth?? Really?? Do people still doubt evolution??

What about the origins of the Earth?

What about the origins of the Universe (Big Bang Theory)?

These are no longer sci-fi style theories. The evidence to support them is overwhelming.
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
Atheist:-D:

These are no longer sci-fi style theories. The evidence to support them is overwhelming.

There are people who are brainwashed by their pastors not to believe in science when it goes against the bible
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 3:22am On Jun 22, 2012

Yes, people still doubt evolution even in this 21st century angry
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by Murphy7h4: 4:18am On Jun 22, 2012
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 22, 2012
I agree especially with the bit on tongues. They'll shout Kabayamushoslambata....shirambabaskiremeno, yet they cant interpret any of it.
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 22, 2012
logicboy01:

There are people who are brainwashed by their pastors not to believe in science when it goes against the bible

Not accepting the scientist's explanation of the origins of the earth doesnt mean christians have been brainwashed. They have as much right to believe in God as the creator just as you do to believe in the big bang theory.
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 8:58am On Jun 22, 2012
uhonmora: I agree especially with the bit on tongues. They'll shout Kabayamushoslambata....shirambabaskiremeno, yet they cant interpret any of it.

hahaha. grin grin grin grin
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 9:00am On Jun 22, 2012
uhonmora:

Not accepting the scientist's explanation of the origins of the earth doesnt mean christians have been brainwashed. They have as much right to believe in God as the creator just as you do to believe in the big bang theory.

One question, why would they accept everything else.....theory of gravity, germ theory etc?
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 10:15am On Jun 22, 2012
Murphy7h4: Good job![img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]

Thanks!
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by AtheistD(m): 10:33am On Jun 22, 2012
uhonmora:

Have you ever thought about these topics (especially origins of the earth and big ba.ng theory) and looked st the evidence closely and empirically? If so have you put it alongside your belief in God. It won't necessarily discredit your belief in God but will challenge you to look deeper at things theists take for granted. The big ba.ng theory is very interesting. Try and read up on it somewhere. Lots of areas for juicy debate.
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by AtheistD(m): 11:03am On Jun 22, 2012
logicboy01:

One question, why would they accept everything else.....theory of gravity, germ theory etc?

Gravity is interesting. I know some people who still argue today that gravity does not exist lipsrsealed

Viruses and their constant mutations to avoid eradication, subatomic particles.... The list is endless. The more we learn of evrrything the less believable religion is.
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2012

Gravity is interesting. I know some people who still argue today that gravity does not exist lipsrsealed

Viruses and their constant mutations to avoid eradication, subatomic particles.... The list is endless. The more we learn of evrrything the less believable religion is.

I think that if people were to make effort by themselves alone to look up these things on the internet, they would have solid dobts about their religion
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by AtheistD(m): 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2012
logicboy01:

I think that if people were to make effort by themselves alone to look up these things on the internet, they would have solid dobts about their religion

I doubt it. It takes a certain kind of person to have doubts. Most people would probably accept the information and add it along with their religious beliefs. There are many Christians who accept evolution and belive God created the world through evolution.

To have doubts you need to be bold, open minded, strong willed to mention a few traits.
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2012

I doubt it. It takes a certain kind of person to have doubts. Most people would probably accept the information and add it along with their religious beliefs. There are many Christians who accept evolution and belive God created the world through evolution.

To have doubts you need to be bold, open minded, strong willed to mention a few traits.

Well, you are probably right. For me, it was the internet that converted me!
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by Ptolomeus(m): 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
logicboy01:

2) Slaps giving/ministry in deliverance/exorcism
Are you a witch for Jesus? Do you need deliverance? There are many pastors that will slap or beat the hell out of church members who need deliverance. I have no idea where they got this idea from. We all know Oyedepo's slaps giving but do we know where he got his inspiration from?

Christianity has no doctrine, no central power.
The only common denominator of the shepherds, is the criticism of other religions or theological positions. They say that "everyone else is demonic." That is their only doctrine (the attack)

Every pastor does what he wants. Example: If a pastor thinks is right to make a liberation ceremony included s.ex (excuse the example) one can say that this is right or wrong.
In this context, Pentecostals have taken elements of other religions, for example the Bible. A Christian should be based solely on the New Testament, but that's impossible, because the New Testament is meaningless without the Old Testament, then, pastors must "reinvent" the interpretation of the Old Testament, to be credible version of the New Testament .
They also take elements of traditional African religions, and of course, the Catholic Church.
Nothing original, but very cost effective.
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Christianity has no doctrine, no central power.
The only common denominator of the shepherds, is the criticism of other religions or theological positions. They say that "everyone else is demonic." That is their only doctrine (the attack)

Every pastor does what he wants. Example: If a pastor thinks is right to make a liberation ceremony included s.ex (excuse the example) one can say that this is right or wrong.
In this context, Pentecostals have taken elements of other religions, for example the Bible. A Christian should be based solely on the New Testament, but that's impossible, because the New Testament is meaningless without the Old Testament, then, pastors must "reinvent" the interpretation of the Old Testament, to be credible version of the New Testament .
They also take elements of traditional African religions, and of course, the Catholic Church.
Nothing original, but very cost effective.

Very true.

Can you translate this video? Puedes traducir este video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeP6l3JDBrw
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by Ptolomeus(m): 10:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
logicboy01:

Very true.

Can you translate this video? Puedes traducir este video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeP6l3JDBrw
Hahahaha! The legends are in Portuguese, and I speak it perfectly.
Indeed, signs or legends are a satire.
What the pastor is certainly; real, but legends are just a joke to clowning that the pastor is doing.
Look, there exists a religion called Umbanda, which originated at the beginning of last century in Brazil, with African roots. In this religion, the medium makes the same turns and movements that the pastor.
In Brazil, it is very common for pastors seeking to imitate the religions of African origin. It's really funny video, but if you look in reality is sad.
Your Spanish is very good, dear friend!

Hahahaha! Las leyendas son en portugués, y yo lo hablo perfectamente.
En realidad, los carteles o leyendas son una sátira.
Lo que hace el pastor es cierto, es real, pero las leyendas son una burla justamente a la payasada que el pastor está haciendo.
Mira, existe una religión llamada Umbanda, que se originó a principios del siglo pasado en Brasil, con raíces africanas. En esa religión, los médium realiza esos mismos giros y movimientos que el pastor.
En Brasil, es muy normal que los pastores pretendan imitar a las religiones de raíz africana. Es realmente gracioso el video, aunque si lo analizamos en realidad es triste.
Es muy bueno tu español, querido amigo!
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 10:35pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Hahahaha! The legends are in Portuguese, and I speak it perfectly.
Indeed, signs or legends are a satire.
What the pastor is certainly; real, but legends are just a joke to clowning that the pastor is doing.
Look, there exists a religion called Umbanda, which originated at the beginning of last century in Brazil, with African roots. In this religion, the medium makes the same turns and movements that the pastor.
In Brazil, it is very common for pastors seeking to imitate the religions of African origin. It's really funny video, but if you look in reality is sad.
Your Spanish is very good, dear friend!

Hahahaha! Las leyendas son en portugués, y yo lo hablo perfectamente.
En realidad, los carteles o leyendas son una sátira.
Lo que hace el pastor es cierto, es real, pero las leyendas son una burla justamente a la payasada que el pastor está haciendo.
Mira, existe una religión llamada Umbanda, que se originó a principios del siglo pasado en Brasil, con raíces africanas. En esa religión, los médium realiza esos mismos giros y movimientos que el pastor.
En Brasil, es muy normal que los pastores pretendan imitar a las religiones de raíz africana. Es realmente gracioso el video, aunque si lo analizamos en realidad es triste.
Es muy bueno tu español, querido amigo!

grin grin grin
Gracias. The video was funny but I didnt know the meaning!
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by Ptolomeus(m): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
It is really a real filming of a pastor. Each sign appears, is a joke. For example, when the music starts, the first poster makes the presentation of dance ... "Now let's listen ..." "everybody dance" etc.
Everything they say after is a joke in_ Brazilian slang.
The forum is just for that, to help each other.
We are pleased to help as appropriate.
A hug!

Vamo' arriba la celeste!
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ptolomeus: It is really a real filming of a pastor. Each sign appears, is a joke. For example, when the music starts, the first poster makes the presentation of dance ... "Now let's listen ..." "everybody dance" etc.
Everything they say after is a joke in_ Brazilian slang.
The forum is just for that, to help each other.
We are pleased to help as appropriate.
A hug!

Vamo' arriba la celeste!

Ptolomeus, I am busy this year but if you are willing. I would like to travel to Uruaguay next year. I have never been to south america but I love to travel. There are nice hotels in Montevideo. I have been to Europe (Switzerland and Malta)
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by Ptolomeus(m): 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2012
Dear friend.
You do not need a hotel in Montevideo. You have a friend and also my family. It's just combined, and of course, be an honor having you as a member of my family.

Querido amigo.
Usted no necesita un hotel en Montevideo. Cuenta con un amigo y también con mi familia. Es sólo combinar, y por supuesto, será un honor recibirle como un miembro mas de mi familia.

Vamo' arriba la celeste, querido amigo!
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2012
logicboy01:

Ptolomeus, I am busy this year but if you are willing. I would like to travel to Uruaguay next year. I have never been to south america but I love to travel. There are nice hotels in Montevideo. I have been to Europe (Switzerland and Malta)
look at this thief man grin u just dey fly fly up and down...
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 6:50pm On Jun 25, 2012
musKeeto:
look at this thief man grin u just dey fly fly up and down...

You of all people should know the joy and learning that comes out of travelling.
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2012
Ptolomeus: Dear friend.
You do not need a hotel in Montevideo. You have a friend and also my family. It's just combined, and of course, be an honor having you as a member of my family.

Querido amigo.
Usted no necesita un hotel en Montevideo. Cuenta con un amigo y también con mi familia. Es sólo combinar, y por supuesto, será un honor recibirle como un miembro mas de mi familia.

Vamo' arriba la celeste, querido amigo!

Good. Can you give a list of good 4-5 star hotels in montevideo?
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2012
logicboy01:

You of all people should know the joy and learning that comes out of travelling.
Yeah I do.. and envy you... A LOT... :p
As soon as I'm through here, I'll probably start a tour of the world.. probably begin with the Brazil world cup...
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by logicboy01: 7:15pm On Jun 25, 2012
musKeeto:
Yeah I do.. and envy you... A LOT... :p
As soon as I'm through here, I'll probably start a tour of the world.. probably begin with the Brazil world cup...

2014! Logicboy and Muskeeto in Rio De Janerio!! Epic! We will pay Buzugee to be our luggage boy.

Ptolomeus will be our translator and tour guide
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 25, 2012
I swear... hope ur still on nl then... my email add is ********@gmail.com
will delete it when next am online...
Re: Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh by Ptolomeus(m): 8:12pm On Jun 25, 2012
2014 World Cup in Brazil?
Dear friends ... This tournament does not make sense. We all know here who will win ...
In 1950 Brazil hosted the World Cup ... and ... well ... occurred the greatest feat in the history of football. I do not doubt that in 2014 a repeat .. (jajajajaja)

@Logic: The list:

http://www.booking.com/city/uy/montevideo.es.html?aid=341109;label=city-montevideo-FebTQEj3Ra98UlQpf5TzugS12548744849:pl:ta:p1:p2:ac:ap1t1:neg;ws=

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bible Verses Churches Conceal From Your Ears / For Those Of You Who Have Doubts About Christianity, Read This! / Let's Get Together! Hebrews 10:25 Let's Not Give Up Meeting Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.