Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,087 members, 7,977,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 08:25 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4565409 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2017
NoQualms1:

The doctor checked her chest and said it's clear but said he suspects a type of asthma that it's symptom is just non-stop cough because that's how she has been coughing since middle of the night to the extent that she can't eat and is weak.

Asthma isnt diagnosed in children till 4 to 5 years of life. Broncholitis, hyperactive airway disorder etc mimic asthma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2017
Sansa143:
U c bah,now Giddyperson will b shouting dat am flooding d thread wit food wen c my rossmodel here!Mama Zara @enque onabia.I will ansa u soon!

What have I done na
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honeystar(f): 7:47pm On Nov 07, 2017
Thanks jazzyjazz, what do you use to wash her hair as i use normal sebamed soap I use to bath her.

jazzyjazz:

This is what I use
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
honeystar:
Thanks jazzyjazz, what do you use to wash her hair as i use normal sebamed soap I use to bath her.

Any baby shampoo is fine
Sebamed, Johnson's, and other baby shampoos
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Itissettled3: 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
Sorry ma. Get cabbage and wrap your breast with it.
Take paracetamol to ease the pain. I heard chewing alligator pepper helps in stopping the breast milk but u have not tried it oh.

Sorry eh.

beeejaylere:
Pls mama help mi oooo, DS has stop sucking so my breast is so engrossed (as if i carry block for chest)can't sleep or do anything., pls what can i use to stop d pain and d flow of breastmilk. #urgent#veryurgent#
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
Okay! Thank you mamas. @ enque, hunniesuzie, Benny.
Itissettled3:
My dear, just calm down. You just described my son. I bought all the cereals and he kept rejecting it.

Try frisogold rice. Little quantity. I started with 2 scoops. I noticed he doesn't like been held when eating so I allow him relax, play while I chase him with the food and he eats without crying but it is not an easy something. 1 hour to eat one small food.

I also noticed he prefers eating what u eat so right now I feed him when I am eating. I get his spoon, eat one and give him. So far it is working.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 8:23pm On Nov 07, 2017
soonest:

The treatment is in order. My baby of 23months has been managed for hyperactive airway disease off and on, prednisolone was added for 3days. Prednisolone for a short duration is ok. The history you gave must have necessitated the addition of prednisolone. No cause for alarm. Hope the prednisolone isnt for more than 1week.

It was for 3 days and she's responding well. Thanks ma.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 8:29pm On Nov 07, 2017
blank:

Please go ahead with the prednisolone. It is very quick acting and very effective. The information on it is scary because it is a steroid however, it needs to work to quickly expand your baby's airways so that she can breathe easily. It is not to be used for a long time. My kids all had it and it worked in the severe cases that the nebulizer was not able to achieve long lasting results.

I gave it to her that yesterday. She's doing fine now. Thanks so much.

@TEEKAY2000, she's fine now. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 8:30pm On Nov 07, 2017
helovesme:

Amen

How's your baby?

Any improvement in the last 24 hours?

its normal for her to cough as she has to 'cough out' all the phlegm.

the main thing to keep an eye on is her breathing. if it sounds heavy, laboured and as if she is grasping for breadth or any noticeable wheezing in her breathing, please take her back to the hospital ASAP.

how is she doing regarding food? you can start off with a slice of toast and jam/butter with a small cup of freshly squeezed juice (this was what was given to my son at the hospital after the first course of pendisolone/inhaler and he ate it all). she might not eat a lot but a bite/slice here and there will do.

In fact, if you see her now you won't believe she is the one I rushed to the hospital just yesterday. She's even eating well already. Thanks for the concern. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
He said it should centre around personnel management, human resource management, or industrial management.
I got this msg but I don't understand.. Has his supervisor approved any of these?. plz call me in the morning.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
Benignasweety:
I got this msg but I don't understand.. Has his supervisor approved any of these?. plz call me in the morning.
I will
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
stalking mummy baby, since she won't reply my text msgs
Lol... u for call nah.. Pele I didn't understand d msg datz why..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 07, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
sorry I meant she's supposed to help me out with a write up, but msgs sent to her fone were unreplied and I am not a fan of fone calls, you do u have a baby??
Ur Bae yaff catch u tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
Shey u d display food up n dwn n Giddyperson will come n say is me sad.How is our cute Jos boy doing?
jazzyjazz:

What have I done na
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
Benignasweety:
Ur Bae yaff catch u tongue
Lool I don't have any bae on Nairaland or elsewhere o, I am very single
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 9:21pm On Nov 07, 2017
My lovely mamas thank u for all ur advice and comments I feel loved and relieved now. I will surely follow all u people have said. Yesterday when I burst out crying my baby just looked at me with surprise and started laughing. I just started smiling too.

@jazzyjazz wow baby Ilan is so cute. So its Ilan that took all my sons hair abi. He better release some for my daughter biko ejor.
Mamas with male kids how do u people cope with the climbing and standing on ur body. I get usually tired at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Lool I don't have any bae on Nairaland or elsewhere o, I am very single
Now u re denying my sister... I will tell her for u!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeejaylere(f): 9:45pm On Nov 07, 2017
Itissettled3:
Sorry ma. I heard chewing alligator pepper[b][/b] helps in stopping the breast milk but u have not tried it oh.
Thanks alot but dat alligator pepper part na die oooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:25pm On Nov 07, 2017
Chanbaby:
My lovely mamas thank u for all ur advice and comments I feel loved and relieved now. I will surely follow all u people have said. Yesterday when I burst out crying my baby just looked at me with surprise and started laughing. I just started smiling too.

@jazzyjazz wow baby Ilan is so cute. So its Ilan that took all my sons hair abi. He better release some for my daughter biko ejor.
Mamas with male kids how do u people cope with the climbing and standing on ur body. I get usually tired at the end of the day.

Lol
You're welcome ma'am
Don't worry we will share small hair with you

As for the climbing, my sister it's part of the package o
I'm so used to it now ehn that it feels strange if it doesn't happen.
My climbs on my breasts and my face. He pinches my face, he beats the hell out of my breast and chest when I'm breastfeeding him. Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:26pm On Nov 07, 2017
Sansa143:
Shey u d display food up n dwn n Giddyperson will come n say is me sad.How is our cute Jos boy doing?

cheesy
Pele o
But the chicken was so on point o

Your jos boy is fine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 10:51pm On Nov 07, 2017
beyedew:
We are 4weeks old today. I praise God.

Mamas with toddlers, please how did you/do you do it? My toddler doesn't understand that this is a small baby, don't push your face into his all in the name of kissing, he wants to climb on his baby bro, he wants his baby bro to throw things back at him. Now baby bro don get catarrh cos of big bro, how do I tackle this pls? Choi, motherhood na work oo. Mamas that did cs pls how long did you take drugs for you to be completely healed? Walahi, I'm tired of these drugs mbok. Please don't read and pass ooo.
Cc all mamas.

I don't think there is much you can do about ur toddler, I believe he will get tired of his baby Bro. .

For the cs I didn't buy another set of drugs after the one I was given in the hospital finished...do u mean you have been taking drugs for 4 weeks now?? You are strong oooo, me I didn't even finish the one I was given from the hospital

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 11:28pm On Nov 07, 2017
jazzyjazz:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Your son has finished me with laugh

LOL. .it is something I will never forget in a hurry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 11:30pm On Nov 07, 2017
Chanbaby:

Lol. How does a bird that want to fly look. grin grin

You know those birds that they draw in school with the wings out already...just imagine my son comparing my breast to those flat wings....main while he was the first person to reshape the breast oooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 11:30pm On Nov 07, 2017
vicvicky:
funny ur boy can talk for Africa oooooo.. Tank God say na ur boy talk am no b ur husband.

LOL. ..abi oooo
AlphaHandMaiden:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oh Lord! This just cracked me up in public transport! LWKMD!!!!

Pele!

LOL. ..na so I see am oooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 12:08am On Nov 08, 2017
Naomi14:
Do you take the baby outside during early morning sun? You should!

Yes I do. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 12:09am On Nov 08, 2017
enque:

Could take up to a month
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:49am On Nov 08, 2017
My dear,it is not easy oh.Mine is just six mnths old only oh but d boy can climb person body 4 africa,beat pesin bobby,squeeze am like bread,d list is endless!He just woke me up sef!
Chanbaby:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:54am On Nov 08, 2017
Chai,dis boy is just six months oh only fa,but d boy is something else.He has refuse me sleep oh.Na so I d do vigil on top him head.The boy can sleep like his father(llike father like son)U won't place him in one position n meet him same way,he can throw legs,hands,head n anything throwable.He keeps roll from one point to anoda just like d dad.Chai,my boys can sleep in one position at all n now they have woken me up.Na to d battle headache in d morning.Wish I can pass my one postion sleeping anointing to them.i haf suffer cry cry cry undecided lipsrsealed sad sad

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:58am On Nov 08, 2017
Hmmmm,i will not talk.Kisses to Jos boy,tell am say KD boy d hail.
jazzyjazz:

cheesy
Pele o
But the chicken was so on point o

Your jos boy is fine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 4:27am On Nov 08, 2017
Nimi22, vigilante is sweet bah? grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 4:47am On Nov 08, 2017
beyedew:
Nimi22, vigilante is sweet bah? grin
Chai the thing sweet die. This 2 weeks I can write a whole book. How's our oyinbo pepper turned African bobo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.