Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,679 members, 7,948,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 01:07 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4542632 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 5:22am On Dec 31, 2017
Thanks to all mamas that helped with my series problem. I appreciate. Toxicwap did the job, my mb didn't go to waste. Ose pupo kiss.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 7:57am On Dec 31, 2017
Elixir123:
Goodevening mums,trust we are enjoying the hols?
Pls did anyone experience this: My LO has a slight lump on his right thigh after taking the 10wk immunization. The site at first was red and warm to touch but now after 10days isn't warm or red anymore but,there is still a slight lump.Baby can kick his leg and is active as usual.
My concern is will the lump eventually dissolve?Is it normal for these kind of vaccines or is there a cause for alarm? Pls help a ftm.

Thanks mamas

Same thing happened to my LO. The nurse wasn't careful when injecting him. As long as baby is active and okay, I don't think there is any cause for worry. It will disappear. Mine took weeks before the lump dissolved. I applied shea butter(ori) on the surface without pressing it down. I guess it also helped

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 8:14am On Dec 31, 2017
mitchyy:

Same thing happened to my LO. The nurse wasn't careful when injecting him. As long as baby is active and okay, I don't think there is any cause for worry. It will disappear. Mine took weeks before the lump dissolved. I applied shea butter(ori) on the surface without pressing it down. I guess it also helped

How're you dear? How's bobo Hansel? We're expecting Gretel by next year IJN. Happy new year in advance

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:13am On Dec 31, 2017
Naomi14:
I think Jazzyjazz bought.

Bought it before my son even started solids
Got it for 600 naira and free shipping too

Cc goodfortun
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2017
mitchyy:

Yaaayyyyyyy
Mama Hansel is here o.

Happy new year

Kisses to your Prince
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:43am On Dec 31, 2017
Mami. I think you've not given yourself and your baby enough time to deal with this transition. You should have started the search a month ago.

1. Ask if your office can give you more time off. Maybe a week or 2. Be ready to take it without pay
2. Enter road yourself and start inspecting creches, find one that suits you
3. Within the week or 2, don't give your baby breast milk directly during the period when you should be at work. Feed him according to a schedule and note when he eats
4. If possible let him start creche a couple of days before you resume so you can supervise and manage your separation anxiety
5. It's not easy, but you'll get through it. Just take things one step at a time.

*big hug*

goodfortun:

Then, I need help! I'm suffering separation anxiety! My little baby is just 4 months old. I'm supposed to resume work on Tuesday. No plans yet for him; no creche no nanny. Don't want to leave him yet I haven't got a choice... I'm almost depressed. Help help help

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 9:52am On Dec 31, 2017
beyedew:

cheesy cheesy. E pele cheesy cheesy.

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 10:00am On Dec 31, 2017
Fellow mummies, happy Sunday. Hope the Christians among us are or had a swell time in church today. smiley I know I did.

I make ready-to-wear for girls ages 0- 10. Please patronize a fellow sister and you'll be glad you did wink smiley Prices are mummy-friendly and very affordable.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 10:24am On Dec 31, 2017
beyedew:
Anugod and angelTI, goan sleep. Vigilante is sweet grin.
As in ehnn cry cry cry

Last night I didn't respect myself and sleep when she slept off o, I was busy gossiping with dh undecided after which the man now seized the opportunity to start touching body angry Not even my reminder that we're yet to get doctor's approval to start card slotting worked o undecided

When I now wanted to sleep finally at almost 12am, na then madam decide to wake sad angry

In fact, make I no complain, cos she's even sleeping longer at night these days

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LholarB(f): 10:30am On Dec 31, 2017
zaynie:

Hair shampoo.
We used Aveeno hair and body wash from when she was a baby. I learnt from here to wash her hair with soap once or twice weekly. For other days, I just pour water and comb as soon as we step out of the bath.
I think Sebamed shampoo also has great reviews.
As soon as she was around 3m (most likely before) we started using those soft cotton bands to make puffpuff and this helped greatly as we didn't need to comb the hair everyday.
Right now (she's 26m)we (Muna and I) use the same shampoo and conditioner which is V05 and then she uses Cantu (since she's a naturalista tongue) hair custard and next day curls. We also use detanglers and Olive Oil hair mayonnaise (Olive oil is the brand name). Coconut oil gives us shine all days and every day wink.
Good luck with the hair.
(Put in mind that I have a forest full of hair that grows really fast and thick and the women in her father's family have really long hair)

Modified: Organics is the brand name.
Olodo wee nor kill me embarassed

Giddyperson, if she scratches, it might be the heat or sweat and product residue.You can also wash her hair without using soap. Let water run through it to wash away the water soluble products and dry it thoroughly without using heat (hair dryer)
Try to make her hair for her. Split into large or medium sized puffs or according to how full her hair is. Don't binge on the custard. I don't use it except if her hair is in a bun cos I hate gooey stuff.
Kisses to her kiss

Very insightful... And to think i have been washing my baby's hair with soap everyday... thanks for this !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 10:42am On Dec 31, 2017
FloraEC:

How're you dear? How's bobo Hansel? We're expecting Gretel by next year IJN. Happy new year in advance

Hahaha. Amen o. Me sef I'm wishing for it.

We are doing great sis. Thanks kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LholarB(f): 10:46am On Dec 31, 2017
Compliment of the season mamas and Happy last Sunday!!

I took my DD for her 6wks immunization on the 28th and since then she has not pooed o... we are strictly on BM,Smone advised I give her a drop of warm water... Dunno if dats ok cos I have not given her water since we are doing EBF,plz sabi mamas help a FTM , thanks!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 10:48am On Dec 31, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Yaaayyyyyyy
Mama Hansel is here o.

Happy new year

Kisses to your Prince

Hallo sis. How are you guys doing? Prepping for baby number 2 already? wink

I wish I can remember the names of people's babies the way you mamas remember cry
Dunno the kind of brain I have. Falling my hand since 1900.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 31, 2017
Cool! I saw it on konga 2days ago for 2,200naira
jazzyjazz:

Bought it before my son even started solids
Got it for 600 naira and free shipping too

Cc goodfortun

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:54am On Dec 31, 2017
mitchyy:

Hallo sis. How are you guys doing? Prepping for baby number 2 already? wink

I wish I can remember the names of people's babies the way you mamas remember cry
Dunno the kind of brain I have. Falling my hand since 1900.

We're fine o
Baby number 2 is vision 2019 o

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
EBF babies don't poo everyday from the 6th week or so. It may take 10 days or so. So far she's eating well and peeing well she's fine

We should pin this somewhere so when a FTM logs into this forum she sees it grin

LholarB:

I took my DD for her 6wks immunization on the 28th and since then she has not pooed o... we are strictly on BM,Smone advised I give her a drop of warm water... Dunno if dats ok cos I have not given her water since we are doing EBF,plz sabi mamas help a FTM , thanks!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
Anugod:
As in ehnn cry cry cry

Last night I didn't respect myself and sleep when she slept off o, I was busy gossiping with dh undecided after which the man now seized the opportunity to start touching body angry Not even my reminder that we're yet to get doctor's approval to start card slotting worked o undecided

When I now wanted to sleep finally at almost 12am, na then madam decide to wake sad angry

tongue tongue tongue. You will do another one tomorrow. Don't sha let Chanbaby hear you cheesy.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nadesh(f): 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
Maybe my posts are not visible whenever I post here? Or because am not paddy paddy. Everyone jump and pass, no encouragement if my questions are strange. God that gave me this children will help me, amen

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
LholarB:

During his 1st 3weeks, my baby was pooping like héll, after then he stopped pooping everyday, now we go up to 7 days without, when he does finally poop eh, na helele lipsrsealed. I'm not bothered cos I know it's normal. It's normal ok. You can take plenty fruits or beans, she will suck it from your breast and she might poop. If she doesn't, don't bother still. Hth.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2017
Jennykoko3009:
Pls queen...hecate take heart God knows d best

Mama enque i'm also interested

Pls Check ur email
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
nadesh:
Maybe my posts are not visible whenever I post here? Or because am not paddy paddy. Everyone jump and pass, no encouragement if my questions are strange. God that gave me this children will help me, amen
Hi, please where is the post? We don't do paddy paddy here. You know this is xmas season, probably sabi mamas are engaged. Can you repost let me see if I can provide solution. I have noticed that it is also good to provide solution when someone else asks a question too. No vex you hear. Oya chop kiss kiss kiss.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2017
Anugod:
As in ehnn cry cry cry

shey I told you that,you're going to carry belle again this January?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2017
nadesh:
Pls mamas, my 3+ months old breathes loudly as if catarrh blocked his nose. I do steam bathing with silver bird, put silver bird on his bibs and bought nasal drops today. His loud breathing have not stopped but there is no catarrh coming out from his nose. My neighbour said I should suck out the catarrh but am wondering if it's ok to suck on a dry nose? Am giving him vit C too. This breathing issue started three days ago. He eats and plays fine and don't seem disturbed.

Maybe is not catarrh, take him to a paed to check him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
Please mama's/papa's instead of asking/repeating the same question, try and use the search button first cos some of these questions has been answered many times. When you don't see the answer to your question after searching for it then you can ask the question. Abeg, make person no come vex think say he/she was purposely ignored or group whatever.

Please, happy new year in advance

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
LholarB:

Very insightful... And to think i have been washing my baby's hair with soap everyday... thanks for this !!

You're welcome
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angelTI(f): 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
beyedew:
Anugod and angelTI, goan sleep. Vigilante is sweet grin.

grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
beyedew:

Teamie, since he has full hair, covering with cap again will make him sweat. What I did that worked for me is washing his hair once a week, then I use coconut oil for his hair too. My Lo's hair is still very soft. Just sprinkle small water on it, pour my coconut oil and we are ready to go. Learnt it on this thread too.
If i may ask tho, is there a reason why one shouldnt wash baby’s hair everyday? Does it lead to hair loss? Sorry to take u back just seeing this.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 3:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
nadesh:
Pls mamas, my 3+ months old breathes loudly as if catarrh blocked his nose. I do steam bathing with silver bird, put silver bird on his bibs and bought nasal drops today. His loud breathing have not stopped but there is no catarrh coming out from his nose. My neighbour said I should suck out the catarrh but am wondering if it's ok to suck on a dry nose? Am giving him vit C too. This breathing issue started three days ago. He eats and plays fine and don't seem disturbed.
Helovesme

Since there’s no catarrah, stop using the silver bird.

Does he breathe with his mouth open or shut?

If there’s no catarrh, then there’s nothing to suck/no need for sucking.

I had similar experience (but at 6weeks) and I felt my baby sounded snotty and congested. I was told by the doctor that it was normal.

I will suggest you make sure his room is well ventilated and do not expose him to dust. Also change/wash his beddings (bedsheet, shawl, etc) just incase there are dust particles that he might be inhaling.

If after trying all these and there’s no improvement, then take him to the hospital.

If his breathing sounds really laboured (that is, he’s struggling to breathe), take him to the hospital ASAP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2017
nadesh:

Apologies. Just seeing your question.

It’s festive period and a lot of people aren’t online. Nobody will intentionally jump and pass your question. No vex. kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nadesh(f): 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2017
helovesme:

Since there’s no catarrah, stop using the silver bird.

Does he breathe with his mouth open or shut?

If there’s no catarrh, then there’s nothing to suck/no need for sucking.

I had similar experience (but at 6weeks) and I felt my baby sounded snotty and congested. I was told by the doctor that it was normal.

I will suggest you make sure his room is well ventilated and do not expose him to dust. Also change/wash his beddings (bedsheet, shawl, etc) just incase there are dust particles that he might be inhaling.

If after trying all these and there’s no improvement, then take him to the hospital.

If his breathing sounds really laboured (that is, he’s struggling to breathe), take him to the hospital ASAP.
He breathes with his nose, mouth shut very normal without any struggles . OK ma, I will stop the silverbird steam bath but can I continue with the nasal drops and vitamin C? My heart breaks and flutters when I hear that wheezing sound from his chest. Am just scared. Thank you ma, I will rewatch all his bed sheets tonite
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nadesh(f): 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
helovesme:

Apologies. Just seeing your question.

It’s festive period and a lot of people aren’t online. Nobody will intentionally jump and pass your question. No vex. kiss
Thank you very much ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nadesh(f): 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2017
FloraEC:

Maybe is not catarrh, take him to a paed to check him.

Thank you ma. We are new in our area and I don't know any hospital or Doctor around but I will ask my neighbour to nite. (Ajah lagos)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.