Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,244 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:50 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4484717 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:05am On Feb 08, 2018
kelizosuy:
Good morning mamas

So someone bought a carton of cerelac wheat and milk for me.. To use when Adele completes 4months. The issue is that the lady that sells formula for me said that the wheat is for chubby children and it won't make my princess add weight

Biko how true is this?because I really want her to gain weight

Cc zay.......nie
Hunnie,,,suzie
Enq.........ue
Flor.........aEC
Jazz.......yjazz
Sans.......a123

Infact all mamas

I once heard this wheat and chubby babies gist b4, but I dunno how true it is.
My daughter has refused to be chubby despite all the food i eat, so i dont bother anymore.

See eh, as long as Adele is healthy, it's fine....she may not necessarily be chubby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:07am On Feb 08, 2018
MoyosBlog123:
Thanks sis. Will check.

u can also check the following IG handles, they have nursing mums (even those on exclusive) weightloss programs

Btrimnhealthy
askdamz
shreddergang

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:14am On Feb 08, 2018
Nimi22:

It's house to house but I think hospitals too will be giving
ok, thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:14am On Feb 08, 2018
Please don't start Cerelac till she's at least 5 months and sitting without support

All that one is story, weight adding is a function of many things including genetics. My baby eats Cerelac a lot and is quite weighty. So far she eats very well, quantity and frequency is good and she's hitting her milestones your baby is healthy and fine. Orobo no dey reign again sef, ask Coache Enque

kelizosuy:
Good morning mamas

So someone bought a carton of cerelac wheat and milk for me.. To use when Adele completes 4months. The issue is that the lady that sells formula for me said that the wheat is for chubby children and it won't make my princess add weight

Cc zayni.e
Hunni.esuzie
Enq.ue
Flora.EC
Jazz.yjazz
Sans.a123

Infact all mamas

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:19am On Feb 08, 2018
1. This is the story of a mobile baby (or semi mobile) that goes to creche. Home remedies, vitamin c everyday to build immunity. I only go for drugs if the catarrh is thick and yellow (TMI but sign of an infection). Permanent beating is very unlikely
2. How many hours does she go without eating? Maybe try Wellkid, it worked for us. Although no 1 and 2 are ususally the only signs my baby gives when he has malaria. Did they run a test in the hospital before medicating her?
3. Unsweetened yoghurt is fine from now. Ribena me I started at 10 months but some people start earlier. Tea I'm waiting till 1 year but again, some start earlier. I just don't want him getting used to sweet things so I avoid them.

spiceeamiee:
Mamas please I need answers to my questions;

1. Please o, What is the cure for on and off cough a d carttarh? We have been to the hospital and has been given series of drugs but as soon as my baby finishes her medications, max two days we are right back where we started. What can I use to beat this thing permanently?

2. How do I increase my baby's appetite? It's scary now the long hours she goes without eating. Put food in her mouth abd she just leaves it there crying until she is tired and spits it out or you are tired and cleans it off her mouth. I have tried a variety of foods but all to no avail.

3. When can i start giving my baby tea, yoghurt, Ribena, etc? In my quest to get her to eat, I have her some of these once but I wasn t so sure she was upto so I stopped. She is 7months old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:30am On Feb 08, 2018
babylove01:

Please the timetable. Thanks
For my 13month+ daughter, this is what i usually give to her to creche and i prepare this below every morning

Monday:
Fruit Mango/ Carrot Puree
Breakfast/Lunch: Oatmeal+ Apple or Oatmeal alone(depending on my mood), Rice Cereal
Snacks: Egg
TUESDAY:
Fruit: Apple/Pawpaw Puree
Breakfast/Lunch: Yam Porridge or Sweetpotato Porridge, Wheat Cereal
Snacks: Biscuit
WEDNESDAY:
Fruit: Carrot Puree/ Avocado
Breakfast/ Lunch: Mixagrain/Beans &Yam/Sweet Potato/Plantain Pudding
Snacks: Puff puff/ One slice bread
THURSDAY
Fruit: Apple Puree
Breakfast/Lunch: Rice mixed with green beans and carrot pudding, Wheat cereal
snacks: Biscuit/ Cheese Ball
FRIDAY:
Fruit Carrot/Pawpaw Puree
Food: Tom Brown, Rice cereal
snacks: Cheese Ball/ Egg/ Bread/ Biscuit

13 Likes 41 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmTwins2: 11:51am On Feb 08, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Comot u keh, lailai kole werk, I uploaded using hubby fone as my own phone don get spinal cord injury, so I only put down d moniker that came to my head, my lil prince is fine o how family tooo?

BritneyStacy longest time ma'am,how are d kids and family
grin grin we're all good. Thanks. kiss kiss to Inioluwa
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 08, 2018
kelizosuy:
Good morning mamas

Cc zayni...e
Hunn....iesuzie
Enq...ue
Flor...aEC
Jazz....yjazz
Sans...a123

Infact all mamas
never had abot dat sha.Jay has bin on cerelac since he clocked 6mnths but he is still d same.I just believe dat a baby dat will b fat will b n vice versa.I believe u should start d cerelac at 6mnths.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmTwins2: 11:59am On Feb 08, 2018
imurboss:

I'm also waiting to get answers to this grin Although, i think you can get the answer at any nearest health center to you. The last time we went for immunisation, they were having an outreach and were ready to test anyone for free but i'm yet to decide on any method.
how are d twins n their siblings? kiss kiss kiss I went to the hospital and they explained the different methods to me but I still can't decide which to choose that was why I thought mamas with first hand experience could share maybe that wld help me make up my mind. This thing don dey tey o n d fear of another baby is very real embarassed grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2018
katchycouture:

No I meant using garri to fry the groundnut...
I fried mine like that o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
UmmTwins2:

grin grin we're all good. Thanks. kiss kiss to Inioluwa
Maami, seems u didn't see my pm. I lost my phone and i dont know how to give u my new number for now cos I want to tell u something o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
Lol. Experience varies even that won't help you. I may have used an IUCD and it didn't work for me while some other mamas use it and are fine. The things to note are:
* if you had trouble conceiving or are scared you might I don't advise a hormonal method
*if you are prone to being overweight and are not sure you can workout/watch your diet, stick with the non-hormonal method
*for how long do you want to space? If you're doing hormonal that will determine the type of implant
*you can also do the 2/3 months injectables but that's if you have time to go regularly to renew. That one wears off faster sha
*agree whatever it is you choose with your partner

For me, I wanted something long term (at least 2 to 3 years), I didn't want anyone to put hand up my Vee cos I was barely 6 weeks pp, so an IUD was out, I have no weight problems (until I started eating like a thief) and I'm comfortable with hormonal methods - the arm implant was my choice and I have no issues with it so far (I've had it for almost a year)

UmmTwins2:
how are d twins n their siblings? kiss kiss kiss I went to the hospital and they explained the different methods to me but I still can't decide which to choose that was why I thought mamas with first hand experience could share maybe that wld help me make up my mind. This thing don dey tey o n d fear of another baby is very real embarassed grin grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:29pm On Feb 08, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:29pm On Feb 08, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Please don't start Cerelac till she's at least 5 months and sitting without support

All that one is story, weight adding is a function of many things including genetics. My baby eats Cerelac a lot and is quite weighty. So far she eats very well, quantity and frequency is good and she's hitting her milestones your baby is healthy and fine. Orobo no dey reign again sef, ask Coache Enque

gbam!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
enque:
My SIPsters in the lord grin

Hunnisuzie
Jazzyjazz (jazzymintus)

grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
FloraEC:

*eats hamburger with big cola*

Sprinkles holy water
Nimi22:

I stay in dutse. It's not even far from gwarimpa but considering u have to pick Ilan after work. I will pm my phone number

Okay.
Pm me na

One of dis days I fit branch after work
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2018
Thanks ma. We have been taking Vit C daily. No tests were run. Maybe I will ask them to do a malaria test this weekend.

For the food, I was with her Saturday and Sunday and she had her first meal around 12:30pm and that was after I got tired of waiting for her to cry for food. No way this is normal. Will try Wellkid then

hunniesuzie:
1. This is the story of a mobile baby (or semi mobile) that goes to creche. Home remedies, vitamin c everyday to build immunity. I only go for drugs if the catarrh is thick and yellow (TMI but sign of an infection). Permanent beating is very unlikely
2. How many hours does she go without eating? Maybe try Wellkid, it worked for us. Although no 1 and 2 are ususally the only signs my baby gives when he has malaria. Did they run a test in the hospital before medicating her?
3. Unsweetened yoghurt is fine from now. Ribena me I started at 10 months but some people start earlier. Tea I'm waiting till 1 year but again, some start earlier. I just don't want him getting used to sweet things so I avoid them.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2018
The thing is she's chubby but her weight is not high.
Someone said it's because she sleeps through the night(she doesn't wake up to eat or soak) that's why she doesn't have much weight. That 12hrs is too long for a child not to eat.. I dunno how true that is oh
enque:

I once heard this wheat and chubby babies gist b4, but I dunno how true it is.
My daughter has refused to be chubby despite all the food i eat, so i dont bother anymore.

See eh, as long as Adele is healthy, it's fine....she may not necessarily be chubby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2018
Thank you oh... So till 6months na

She's chubby but feels light at hand that's why I was worried.

So I should not change the cerelac abi?
hunniesuzie:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:14pm On Feb 08, 2018
e say light at hand. What is her weight in kg? Check and put your mind at rest. She's over 3 months, count yourself lucky that your baby has started sleeping through the night, we didn't achieve this till I weaned my boy at almost 11 months undecided undecided undecided

kelizosuy:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
kelizosuy:
Someone said it's because she sleeps through the night (she doesn't wake up to eat or soak) that's why she doesn't have much weight. That 12hrs is too long for a child not to eat.. I dunno how true that is oh
shocked shocked shocked Looking forward to this day in my life embarassed cry

But you sha try o. The day we took our 6 weeks immunisation and my baby slept nonstop for 6 hours, fear kash me o. I wouldn't even let her sleep that long sef, I go wake am lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Normally, my babe eats 1-2 hours round the clock (we're ebf sha). Atimes at night, she would just be turning and turning without fully waking up, then I'll just carry her up and put her to suck.

Maybe you can try that sha. But you dey enjoy oo, 12 hours gabadaya! shocked shocked
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
kelizosuy:
Someone said it's because she sleeps through the night(she doesn't wake up to eat or soak) that's why she doesn't have much weight. That 12hrs is too long for a child not to eat.. I dunno how true that is oh

wats her birth weight?
wat does she weigh now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
kelizosuy:

my baby started sleeping thru the night at 6 months and was still gaining weight, so i beg to disagree
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 1:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
This madam will tighten her lips together
Infact I tinkle her feet so she can be awake but for where?
Sometimes she sleeps till 8am and I have to forcefully wake her
Anugod:
shocked shocked shocked Looking forward to this day in my life embarassed cry

But you sha try o. The day we took our 6 weeks immunisation and my baby slept nonstop for 6 hours, fear kash me o. I wouldn't even let her sleep that long sef, I go wake am lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Normally, my babe eats 1-2 hours round the clock (we're ebf sha). Atimes at night, she would just be turning and turning without fully waking up, then I'll just carry her up and put her to suck.

Maybe you can try that sha. But you dey enjoy oo, 12 hours gabadaya! shocked shocked
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2018
Her birth weight was 3.2kg
Will check her weight now
enque:

wats her birth weight?
wat does she weigh now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 1:54pm On Feb 08, 2018
kelizosuy:
Good morning mamas

Infact all mamas

I don't even know the one my dd takes lipsrsealed just checked the empty konkon and is cerelac wheat with milk and honey so I don't know if is true. She's not chubby but heavy that you can't carry her for long without telling her to come down and use her leg and waka. The most important thing is healthy baby and I wish my daughter can sleep for that long self cos I need it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babylove01: 1:54pm On Feb 08, 2018
Akorkor:

Thank you sooooo much this was indeed helpful

Thanks to the other mama's that answered as well. Zaynie
Enque
Babythug
Nimi22

I appreciate

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 1:55pm On Feb 08, 2018
jazzyjazz:

Sprinkles holy water

Can you make it chilled holy water tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
[quote author=spiceeamiee post=64886256]Mamas please I need answers to my questions;

1. Please o, What is the cure for on and off cough a d carttarh? We have been to the hospital and has been given series of drugs but as soon as my baby finishes her medications, max two days we are right back where we started. What can I use to beat this thing
On and off catarrh could be allergy.Check the foods and envt. To know what the child could be reacting to.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
kelizosuy:

Time her feedings based on weight.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 08, 2018
We at week 12, thank you Jesus.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.