Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,655 members, 7,889,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:05 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4487930 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
Biko, make ona nor jump n pass like dt na. Make ona reason my matta.

Cohis:
A gud morning to u all... Pls I need sum advise on how to go abt dis. V been trying to make my baby to take formula since she completed 3mnths old bt she is refusing. Is been 2weeks + since I started her on it. She will jus drink small less dan 50ml n be spitting d rest out n crying for breast milk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 3:00pm On Feb 16, 2018
Cohis:
A gud morning to u all... Pls I need sum advise on how to go abt dis. V been trying to make my baby to take formula since she completed 3mnths old bt she is refusing. Is been 2weeks + since I started her on it. She will jus drink small less dan 50ml n be spitting d rest out n crying for breast milk.

Have you tried another brand of formula apart from the one you're using presently?
I asked this cos she might not like the one you're giving her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmTwins2: 3:01pm On Feb 16, 2018
Happy birthday to hunniesuzie's slice of heaven Osinachi (a name I love so much smiley ) may u live long n prosper. U shall continue to be a source of joy to ur parents by God's grace. Amen
Happy bday Graciouscharis, long life n prosperity in sound mind. CHeerS! cheesy
Chanbaby, Happy bday to the lil shopper bday boy grin may God bless him n keep him for u. Abeg send our own party pack, we dey house grin grin kiss kiss to him

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zino89: 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2018
Please I don't know what this thing on my ds head is it started as rash someone said is eela ..ds is 6weeks old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 3:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
UmmTwins2:

Weldone mama. Hws ur son now? Hp he's better. Pls what immunization is given at 6m now cos it seems they'r changing immunization schedule I no understand. I asked abt 6m immunization at a General Hospital here n they said no immunization until 9m. My baby wl be 6m 1st week of nxt month. I remember my son was only given vit A at 6m then but now they said there's nothing at all for 6m. I want to know if they'r correct n nt misleading me. Which one did ur baby take?
I can remember vividly that Olamide was booked for 6mths immunisation but on getting to the hospital, I was told to come back when he clocked 9 months, but seems some give @6mths, I don't think govt hospital is inclusive.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lasire(f): 3:11pm On Feb 16, 2018
UmmTwins2:

Weldone mama. Hws ur son now? Hp he's better. Pls what immunization is given at 6m now cos it seems they'r changing immunization schedule I no understand. I asked abt 6m immunization at a General Hospital here n they said no immunization until 9m. My baby wl be 6m 1st week of nxt month. I remember my son was only given vit A at 6m then but now they said there's nothing at all for 6m. I want to know if they'r correct n nt misleading me. Which one did ur baby take?

We use a private hospital and dd was given vit A @ 6month

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 3:11pm On Feb 16, 2018
Chanbaby:
Network didn't allow me post yesterday. Indeed God has been faithful. My son clocked one yesterday. The one that made the whole know this virgin girl has started doing bad thing like other mamas on nairaland like mama Ekene and mama Z.
U are all invited for our party on sunday. No gift no jollof rice.

Happy birthday to @graciouscharis and Osi boy.
Look at who went shopping for his party on sunday.
Happy birthday to him, he will continue to grow in God's wisdom. where is the loacation for the parry o?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by luckygirl02(f): 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2018
UmmTwins2:

Yes ma, there is no immunization at six months. My baby missed his three months own due to change of environment but they insist he had to still take it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Don't say I never did anything for you Mami

Happy Birthday Osi dear...

Chanbaby happy Birthday to your son

Happy Birthday Graciouscharis

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by luckygirl02(f): 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2018
I just go back from the hospital now and the doctor said he needs to be treated for malaria. So he prescribed some anti malaria drugs for me. I have gotten the drugs and have started his treatment. I hope he gets better soon. Big thanks to all the mums. You are all wonderful.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 3:18pm On Feb 16, 2018
Zino89:
Please I don't know what this thing on my ds head is it started as rash someone said is eela ..ds is 6weeks old
try and apply palmkernel oil.

These mamas, how una dey: sugah coldfeet olubankemi soonest rofemiguwa . Hope you guys are fine?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 3:18pm On Feb 16, 2018
Bloomingbud:

New mom alert!!

Mummies please come to my aid

Please what can I do to make her suck and make me lactate better?

Hope she doesn't have a tongue tie? Let a nurse or doc check for you.
To lactate more, better pap with liquid milk, warm water, hot bournvita tea with zero stress with do the do.
Congrats once again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
luckygirl02:
I just go back from the hospital now and the doctor said he needs to be treated for malaria. So he prescribed some anti malaria drugs for me. I have gotten the drugs and have started his treatment. I hope he gets better soon. Big thanks to all the mums. You are all wonderful.
Better, please administer the drugs faithfully. quick recovery to him and put ur mind at rest.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
I have not tried anoda brand, do I think a change of brand might help?

[qquote author=JGracious post=65117848]

Have you tried another brand of formula apart from the one you're using presently?
I asked this cos she might not like the one you're giving her.
[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zino89: 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2018
[quote author=comtem2011 post=65118325]try and apply palmkernel oil. That's what have been rubbing but it's getting worst

These mamas, how una dey: sugah coldfeet olubankemi soonest rofemiguwa . Hope you guys are fine? [/quote

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 3:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
Bloomingbud:

New mom alert!!

Mummies please come to my aid

I'm a FTM to 7 days old twin and it has not been easy at all to say the least. One of my twin does not suck at all, the only way I get her to take breast milk is by expressing it and bottle feeding her while her brother latches and suck well.

I feel so bad and guilty cos I've tried everything possible to make her suck from the breast directly but she will just keep crying until I remove the breast.

Please what can I do to make her suck and make me lactate better?
try to check if she is not tongue tie,. because some babies reject breast due to tongue tie or mother's inverted nipples
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2018
JGracious:

It looks more like baby eczema (read up on atopic dermatitis) which could be as a result of the severe heat.
tribotan is gentle on the skin but you need to be patient to see the effect.
personally I don't subscribe to using powder for an infant but you can carefully rub in agnesia/rising raving powder instead of the moju powder.
I stopped using powder for my ds,since the day they told us to stop using it hospital,that powder for infants done more damage than good.tribotan works just be patient

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2018
[quote author=Zino89 post=65118555][/quote]Thats serious!!!!! other experienced mamas will respond. To take kia of LOs no be beans at all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by luckygirl02(f): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
comtem2011:
Better, please administer the drugs faithfully. quick recovery to him and put ur mind at rest.
Amin. thank u ma. May God bless you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2018
luckygirl02:

Did they run malaria/infection test or they just gave you drugs?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2018
Sansa143 no lick the one wey you go need daddy Jay to buy new phone oh. Thanks mama
Chanbaby I was now confused as to if Jed is tomorrow as I didn't see you yesterday. Happy belated birthday to him. Please send address let me eat jollof
Thank you Jgracious, na for mama Jed house we dey chop rice this year
Thanks spiceeamiee, katchycouture, FloraEC, rollykotex, kelizosuy, Ammy5565 (we're sipping green tea, no cake), sassyangel1, UmmTwins2, Trendytessy. God bless you all

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
Not yet
hunniesuzie:
Naomi any update?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2018
Cohis:
I have not tried anoda brand, do I think a change of brand might help?

You may never know until you try.milk formulas taste different from one another. I had to try 3 different types of formula for my ds before he settled for the one I give him presently. We tried Nan, smagold, cow&gate. It is the cow&gate that he took readily. All others na me
finish am.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 5:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
Zino89:

he may be reacting to his soap/oil.
Meanwhile take him to the hospital so they can advise better on what to use.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by INFOTECH2: 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2018
First Time Dad here!!

Love this thread and the amount of information on it. Dont know if my experience would have been made easier if I had come across it before my bundle of joy arrived 23 months ago. (do i still qualify to be a FTD)

I have always looked at movies where you see the husband pacing in the corridor while the wife i in the Labor Room.

The only thing is that I was light headed all through and very confused. My confusion was more because I couldn't bear seeing my better half going through so much pain but thankfully, it ended well.

The young man is growing up fast and I am forever grateful to the almighty.

18 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
Zino89:

My baby had something like this on his head and was sprewding to his forehead at 2wks old.. I later realized it was the olive oil my aunt was pouring on his head and covering the head with his cap...the moment I stopped d olive oil and switched to pears baby oil, it stopped.

U cld try changing brands as well or expose his head a lil when d weather is extremely hot...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 16, 2018
smiley Dts exactly what I will do.... Tanks sis.

JGracious:

You may never know until you try.milk formulas taste different from one another. I had to try 3 different types of formula for my ds before he settled for the one I give him presently. We tried Nan, smagold, cow&gate. It is the cow&gate that he took readily. All others na me
finish am.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
Zino89:

My baby had something like this on his head and was sprewding to his forehead at 2wks old.. I later realized it was the olive oil my aunt was pouring on his head and covering the head with his cap...the moment I stopped d olive oil and switched to pears baby oil, it stopped.

U cld try changing brands as well or expose his head a lil when d weather is extremely hot... His finger nails are quite long ohh, trim them so he doesn't scratch his fine face..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
Happy Birthday to Graciouscharis, more blessings come your way ma'am.

Happy birthday in arrears to Chanbaby cutie, may he continue to grow in wisdom, strength and health. Wia is it happening on Sunday oooo...
Hunniesuzie, I must chop dat cake... grin

So I have a question as regards teething.
Shebi babies first grow two teeth lower then 2up abi?

Why am I seeing another two new sets of teeth lower instead of it to go and appear upper?

Abeg mek una no waka pass me, I didn't know how to direct the question to Google so e go fit understand.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 5:48pm On Feb 16, 2018
Benignasweety:

So I have a question as regards teething.
Shebi babies first grow two teeth lower then 2up abi?

Why am I seeing another two new sets of teeth lower instead of it to go and appear upper?

Abeg mek una no waka pass me, I didn't know how to direct the question to Google so e go fit understand.

so are you afraid of upper teeth not coming out abi wetin be your fear gangan? let mamas that are yet to see teeth comman catch you.

the order in which teeth comes out varies. ask Google like this "in what order does baby teeth grow"
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2018
Zino89:

Looks like impetigo. Add savlon to his bath water and change bedsheets , ask everyone to wash hands before carrying him, mop floors with bleach, generally step up hygiene
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by meggitto21: 6:01pm On Feb 16, 2018
Hello mummies...pls help a FTM I have been unable to shed my tummy fat after putting to bed through CS four months ago... Could any1 help with what I could do or use.. I still look like am five months pregnant. Heeeeeelllllllp cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.