Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,088 members, 7,933,651 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 10:47 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4532422 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1622) (1623) (1624) (1625) (1626) (1627) (1628) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:59pm On Mar 26, 2018
Trendytessy:
Giddyperson ur baby is cute. pls dash us lil hair

@enque and other mamas coming to east what are you bringing food us down here??

cheesy cheesy cheesy
i wee bring lagos breeze inside nylon

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 26, 2018
[quote author=Giddyperson post=66165778]Always itching to go somewhere. Previously she'd walk to the burglar proof door and shake it trying to open it, now she's figured out that keys are somehow connected to door opening, so she'd pick up the keys, walk to the door and shake it cheesy cheesy
@sansa143 and Floraec and everyone else that accuses me falsely of not posting pictures tongue [/quote
Pretty babe,am sure,pretty mom.
Cant shout
Beydew,see
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 6:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
enque:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
i wee bring lagos breeze inside nylon

Which breeze lagos when hot like another thing. She will bring heat for u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
Chanbaby:

Which breeze lagos when hot like another thing. She will bring heat for u.

Hahahaha... don't mind her.

enque don't bring Lagos heat o Awka is hot enough...
we don't wear jacket cos man's very hot.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
Giddyperson:
Always itching to go somewhere. Previously she'd walk to the burglar proof door and shake it trying to open it, now she's figured out that keys are somehow connected to door opening, so she'd pick up the keys, walk to the door and shake it cheesy cheesy
@Sansa.143 and Flora.ec and everyone else that accuses me falsely of not posting pictures tongue
She's such an eye candy. Would have been really hurt if I'd missed it. Finally I get to see Giddybaby. kiss kiss kiss

PS. Couldn't resist the urge to save her pix. tongue Hope you don't mind?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:42pm On Mar 26, 2018
Thank anugod, omotolanibaby, casler, floraec, stephmiracle, liftedhands and any others I forgot to mention cheesy
kiss

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Maggiespecial(f): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hello mamas in the house, please I need your help. My 3wks old baby stretch too much and hiccups too. Is this normal?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2018
Maggiespecial:
Hello mamas in the house, please I need your help. My 3wks old baby stretch too much and hiccups too. Is this normal?

Yes ma'am
It's normal
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2018
Giddyperson me i no see pix ooh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2018
Chai, that is how i miss giddybaby picture sad sad

Giddyperson
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Maggiespecial(f): 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2018
jazzyjazz:

Yes ma'am It's normal
Thank u so much for ur prompt response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opella(f): 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2018
And I missed Giddybaby's pix all because of BBN's thread cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2018
clily:
Good pm wonderful mummies, I gave birth 3 days ago and my baby umbilical code smells nice bleeds slightly..pls how do I treat it
Some dab with spirit( new study shows this causes delay in drying) some use wipes to clean.

Don't let water get to it during baby bath, roll down the diaper so its not covering it.

Small blood is expected but should it increase and the stump gives out nasty odour please see a doc asap.

Congratulations.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2018
Rukkinton sorry I'm just seeing your mention I'm not sure you need any booster after tt4 confirm from your health provider though .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2018
opella:
And I missed Giddybaby's pix all because of BBN's thread cry
Lmao grin Pele teamie grin cheesy

I'd have missed it too but the spirit redirected me here first cool grin

That bbn thread is just addictive mehn.. I hardly even read fp topics these days shocked

No worry, 3-4 weeks to go, e go soon end tongue cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 26, 2018
Chai,am not crying.MTN una fada.
Giddyperson:
Always itching to go somewhere. Previously she'd walk to the burglar proof door and shake it trying to open it, now she's figured out that keys are somehow connected to door opening, so she'd pick up the keys, walk to the door and shake it cheesy cheesy
@sansa.143 and Flor.aec and everyone else that accuses me falsely of not posting pictures tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by erne: 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2018
The Vitamins A and E in our Shea butter help in keeping the skin supple and healthy.

100% natural Shea butter with no addictive

Price:
4k per kg
#1500 per pack

Symmetric Natural Products
08139458588, 08053408939
I

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 10:37pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hi moms! Trust our day has been good and the week has started on a great note...my baby is gonna be 7 months in a couple of days, wanna introduce butter into his diet...is presidents salted butter okay? Or it must necessarily be unsalted? Thanks a bunch!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:16am On Mar 27, 2018
goodfortun:
Hi moms! Trust our day has been good and the week has started on a great note...my baby is gonna be 7 months in a couple of days, wanna introduce butter into his diet...is presidents salted butter okay? Or it must necessarily be unsalted? Thanks a bunch!
Unsalted please.

Your gonna wanna got me Lol cheesy

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 1:14am On Mar 27, 2018
�����
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ttomexy(f): 3:20am On Mar 27, 2018
A beg queensnow take it easy,don't mind them,he does not understand that you are not happy the boy is not eating well,but please see it from the angle that he loves him.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:24am On Mar 27, 2018
Hello everyone! Longest time! Hope everyone is good o. Sorry to butt in, but there's a clearance sale going on

https://www.nairaland.com/3511128/how-cloth-diaper/5#66187545

Queensnow, if you have explained, give the baby to his dad. Why tell, when you can show. Let him feed his son and see if it's easy. That's the only solution I can see.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blex444: 5:22am On Mar 27, 2018
@ queensnow
lol,i can relate to this,sorry you just have to let it go,we are all human & offences must come.,some of our husbands do not see what we mothers go through to ensure our kids are being cared for,they believed we know everything so nothing should go wrong.,pls don't be upset,is a matter of understanding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 6:13am On Mar 27, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Pap and soyabeans (rich soyabeans o no be akuruaku). If she likes sweet food like Zizi, add glucose.

Better u with a nice moniker.... Enjoy d fresh air dear

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 6:13am On Mar 27, 2018
@queensnow, sorry about that. I guess your hubby is not just happy your ds isnt eating and over reacted. Pele.
Please dont force feed, with time he will eat. Atleast your son still take up to 5-8 spoon. My 7months does not take ordinary one except i trick him. I had to go and report him to his doctor last week and the old man told me there is nothing i can do and did not seem bothered. I was angry ehn.
Just calm down and everything will be fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 6:30am On Mar 27, 2018
@queensnow chill and relax don't feeling bad about what he said. Give DS small food hourly if u are staying at home with him. Motherhood no be moimoi
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 27, 2018
@queensnow, my hubby has been complaining too. He said lo is slim and i was like oga you are not fat maybe its genes. So dont feel bad, your hubby is only worried which is normal.

First, I think you should see a paed.

I noticed lo prefers distraction while eating and not full focus on food. My advice is try do mild playful stuff while eating.

My lo also eats better if my mom feeds her. Try let his dad feed him if he will accept.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 27, 2018
How have u bin?Missed u grin
SapphirePRINCEX:
Pap and soyabeans (rich soyabeans o no be akuruaku). If she likes sweet food like Zizi, add glucose.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:28am On Mar 27, 2018
Queensnow pele, I can feel your frustration through the internet sef you are a FANTASTIC mother inugo? You've done a great job so far, if nobody praises you, praise yourself. The fact that you come here to find and suggest good recipes for babies to eat sef is not small effort. Comman take big hug grin grin grin

You're doing your best, just keep trying, anything you see that he likes give him consistently and try and sneak nutritious food into it. 7 to 8 spoons is ok, increase frequency of feeding to maybe 2 hourly. If he likes to feed himself give him chunks of apple/banana/carrots (steamed) to hold and be chewing. Even if he eats half and throws it away at least something has entered his stomach

Let hubs sef try and feed him, its easy to talk when you're not the one dealing with the drama. On the other hand, the boy may collect the food better from a different person. The day I got to my son's creche and they were feeding him I almost fainted. He sat gently opposite his nanny and was opening his mouth like a responsible citizen of Nigeria, no need for bib, no standing up, no running about, no kicking the plate sef meanwhile at home I hold him on my lap, hold one hand and tuck the other one under my armpit before we can eat

13 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:08am On Mar 27, 2018
Trendytessy:

Hahahaha... don't mind her.

enque don't bring Lagos heat o Awka is hot enough...
we don't wear jacket cos man's very hot.

lol

na to wear bikini de lounge b that na grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:31am On Mar 27, 2018
queensnow, It's like we woke up on the same side of the planet.

My daughter has mood swings when it comes to food, even when she is obviously hungry, we have to struggle...fight...cry....beg and of late SPANK before she agrees to eat.

Yesterday I made a little cerelac for her to eat around 8pm, cos she normally has her last meal at the creche around 4.30 - 5pmish (normally she eats dinner wt us, but we were having yam+egg and she doesnt like yam, so I thot to make something else for her), this babe struggled to have 2 spoons and used her leg to 'bicycle kick' the remaining plate of food on my body. I kukuma no vex, humbly endured it ([s]the price we pay for motherhood forgetting that 1 small tin of cerelac is 1250 naira[/s]). I consoled myself with the fact that she will wake up hungry and will eat a reasonable amount of food this morning.
Woke up and made her August secrets pap for her (her regular fave breakfast ni o), immediately she saw me coming, she ran away....I started chasing her around the house to eat (DH was already giving me side eye, as per he wanted to drop us off and we were already running late). I eventually caught her and the drama started. 2 spoons and she started resisting seriously, when she saw that I wasn't gonna let her go, she started fake coughing like she was choking (meanwhile there was no food in her mouth) and next thing, she kicked the plate again and emptied the bowl of pap on both our bodies.
There and then...I was just weak and tired, I shed a few tears cos I was frustrated and I could see the anger of my DH's face (he even avoids trying to feed her cos as compared to me, he no even get patience to handle her tantrums)....I angrily changed both our clothes, packed her meals in her lunch bag and headed to school.

Heck!!! this girl is hungry...last meal was 5pm the day before and at 7am today, she is still refusing food... She isnt teething, she isnt ill, she is hale and hearty...so what on earth am i doing wrong??

we got to school, and I told her nanny (Aunt Jane) about the incident and she said she'll feed her again with another different cereal (maybe she didnt wanna take pap). Ngwanu, we made another food...2 spoons and she did the same thing, this time around, she was screaming so loud and was trying to loosen herself from Aunt Jane's grip..her face was red from all the crying.
At this point, I just told Aunt Jane to free her..............we poured the food away...as usual na (2nd bowl of food this morning), The proprietor came n carried her away to play.

Cos of her eating habits, she has been on multivitamins almost all the time (Which one I never try Wellkid, reload etc)

I love my daughter so much but if only she'll make eating easier for us, I'd be happier...
with the amount of energy she spends being active and playing, I begin to wonder how she replenishes lost energy with her present habit.

p.s - This was supposed to be a response, but ended up as a rant.... Make una no vex o!

16 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:32am On Mar 27, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Queensnow pele, I can feel your frustration through the internet sef you are a FANTASTIC mother inugo? You've done a great job so far, if nobody praises you, praise yourself. The fact that you come here to find and suggest good recipes for babies to eat sef is not small effort. Comman take big hug grin grin grin

You're doing your best, just keep trying, anything you see that he likes give him consistently and try and sneak nutritious food into it. 7 to 8 spoons is ok, increase frequency of feeding to maybe 2 hourly. If he likes to feed himself give him chunks of apple/banana/carrots (steamed) to hold and be chewing. Even if he eats half and throws it away at least something has entered his stomach

Let hubs sef try and feed him, its easy to talk when you're not the one dealing with the drama. On the other hand, the boy may collect the food better from a different person. The day I got to my son's creche and they were feeding him I almost fainted. He sat gently opposite his nanny and was opening his mouth like a responsible citizen of Nigeria, no need for bib, no standing up, no running about, no kicking the plate sef meanwhile at home I hold him on my lap, hold one hand and tuck the other one under my armpit before we can eat

I de tell U, i've seen her like this severally....
it now makes me look like one wicked soldier man forcing a poor child to eat

(1) (2) (3) ... (1622) (1623) (1624) (1625) (1626) (1627) (1628) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.