Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,964 members, 7,946,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 01:48 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4541237 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by deybowlah: 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2013
Go and buy BABY tribotan(not the ordinary one). It's a the best for nappy rash and its just 350 or less. I av been using it on my 15months since birth and even when I changed to the one my MIL brought from USA, it wasn't that effective so I returned to my tribotan.
Icocop101: Great mums in d
house I greetoo! My girl is 1+3months she has several boil every now and then though i notice she is bringing out 2 more teeth up .pple said is as a result of the teeth then I ask could it b all b/cos of that?which wasn't thesame b4 this age again pls what is the cheapest nappy cream I should use on her bom bom cos ever since i have been using 1my elder sis bought from London and now is finished and am back 2 sheabutter ( ori )but d rashes are coming up gradually.I know of bells's zinc and castor oil cream as well as sudocream honestly I can't afford them so am seeking 4 any other cheap 1.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 2:08pm On Apr 07, 2013
Icocop101: Great mums in d house I greetoo! My girl is 1+3months she has several boil every now and then though i notice she is bringing out 2 more teeth up .pple said is as a result of the teeth then I ask could it b all b/cos of that?which wasn't thesame b4 this age again pls what is the cheapest nappy cream I should use on her bom bom cos ever since i have been using 1my elder sis bought from London and now is finished and am back 2 sheabutter ( ori )but d rashes are coming up gradually.I know of bells's zinc and castor oil cream as well as sudocream honestly I can't afford them so am seeking 4 any other cheap 1.

u could also get a smaller type of sudocream if u cant afford the big one. And if u have to buy the funbact A, try n mix it with ori.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lullabi: 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2013
ps how do i treat jedi jedi in my 5 months baby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2013
lullabi: ps how do i treat jedi jedi in my 5 months baby?

You use flagyl syrup (2.5 ml twice a day for at least 3 days) with ORS.

I just hate that sudocream of a cream, smells like a relaxer. Shea butter + baby tribotan works well for my kids.

@Icocop100, you may have to use anti-biotics for your baby girl's boils if they're that numerous and stubborn. Consult a good paed for recommendations.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
Hello Mommies in da house, pls how many hours can expressed breast milk stay when refrigerated?? Also If I express d milk at night nd refrigerate, can d baby still take it d following day evening

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by deybowlah: 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2013
Its can stay for 24hrs if refrigerated but with steady power supply. It can stay in the freezer for 7days but if u are freezing it u must not return it to the freezer after its defrost, u must discard it.
However you are the mother, when ur instinct tells you its not fresh enough, discard it. I discarded lots of expressed milk cos I had abundant supply(its a milk factory my hubby bought for his daughter)
demmykay: Hello Mommies in da house, pls how many hours can expressed breast milk stay when refrigerated?? Also If I express d milk at night nd refrigerate, can d baby still take it d following day evening

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
[color=#000000][/color]Tanks deybowlah "LOL @ i discarded lots of expressed milk cos I had abundant supply(its a milk factory my hubby bought for his daughter)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 4:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
demmykay: Hello Mommies in da house, pls how many hours can expressed breast milk stay when refrigerated?? Also If I express d milk at night nd refrigerate, can d baby still take it d following day evening

Frozen expressed milk can stay more than 6 months and up to a year of being totally frozen (as in never thawing out). If you thaw it out, you need to use it up that day without freezing it again. Normal milk can stay up to 24hrs in the fridge. I did a lot of research on it as it was the primary way of feeding my baby after i returned to work.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by faithobodogulo(f): 7:31am On Apr 10, 2013
Hello mums in d house, my son is 1+10mnths old and is having blisters allover his feet,hw do I treat it nd wats d major cause? Plz I need reliable response. Tnx y'll
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
gd day big mum's in d house,a friend said she want to buy skineal for baby,dat she want to lighten her baby colour.pls am asking is it good for baby or do u ve one to recommend to her.thanks ur answers is needed urgent
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 10:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
faith obodogulo: Hello mums in d house, my son is 1+10mnths old and is having blisters allover his feet,hw do I treat it nd wats d major cause? Plz I need reliable response. Tnx y'll

I have not heard of such before so can't give any advice. Ask a doctor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2013
julicoka: gd day big mum's in d house,a friend said she want to buy skineal for baby,dat she want to lighten her baby colour.pls am asking is it good for baby or do u ve one to recommend to her.thanks ur answers is needed urgent

Abeg, its her business jor. She should just mark this day down is as to handle the fallout. Can't do such sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugar001(f): 12:17am On Apr 14, 2013
Hello People! My chairman is one year old, he throws up after his meal and temp is slightly high ... What could be the cause? What can i do to preveNt this........ Any ideas?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
^^just sharply take him to the clinic

Icocop101: Great mums in d house I greetoo! My girl is 1+3months she has several boil every now and then though i notice she is bringing out 2 more teeth up .pple said is as a result of the teeth then I ask could it b all b/cos of that?which wasn't thesame b4 this age again pls what is the cheapest nappy cream I should use on her bom bom cos ever since i have been using 1my elder sis bought from London and now is finished and am back 2 sheabutter ( ori )but d rashes are coming up gradually.I know of bells's zinc and castor oil cream as well as sudocream honestly I can't afford them so am seeking 4 any other cheap 1.

Why don't u just buy vaseline petroleum jelly,wenever ure bout to put on new diapers for her ,rub a generos amount on her bum,d petroleum jelly acts as a barrier to moisture,and her skin is safe underneath,thatz wat iv been using for my son since he was a baby,and hez 1+ now and nappyrash free grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shilees(f): 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
Mamma's in d house thanks for ur help.ma prince is now 6mnths two weeks xclusive,am trying to give him cereal he seem to like only brown pap & milk(nan2) he doesn't like Frisogold.pls wat other cereal will be good & snacks that I can give him.thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 1:30am On Apr 15, 2013
I have a very healthy son that I can say, so full of life and very playful, he eats well *5ml every 2hr30mins, drinks lots of water too, slps grt and poos like 3times daily
He weighed 7.4 as at last mnth at 5mnth
He's gonna b 6mnths in like a week

I looked at my son now and he looks lean, tho he's teething but I rili wish he cld b big
I give him cow and gate mixed wit nutrend*mums choice* she prefers maize to rice
Thinkin of changing his food

Dunno why am worried, I just want him big and healthy
And he stopped takin breast milk frm 5mnths
I forced him bt he wldnt
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2013
Helo mums in da house, I made coconut oil myself following corrall descptive method nd it came out fine. I went to visit M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ cousin who just put to bed nd she sent someone to buy her coconut oil frm one iya alagbo in d mrk. When d coconut oil was brought I realized dat its colour looks like groundnt oil nd it actually has dat coconut smell. I was told dat is hw coconut oil is. But d one I made is whitish/milky in colour. Could it be dat I didn't get mine right or something? Cos am already using it on M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
demmykay: Helo mums in da house, I made coconut oil myself following corrall descptive method nd it came out fine. I went to visit M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ cousin who just put to bed nd she sent someone to buy her coconut oil frm one iya alagbo in d mrk. When d coconut oil was brought I realized dat its colour looks like groundnt oil nd it actually has dat coconut smell. I was told dat is hw coconut oil is. But d one I made is whitish/milky in colour. Could it be dat I didn't get mine right or something? Cos am already using it on M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ baby.
hi i followed corrak directions also and it came out fine. Looks like G.nut oil too. Do revisit ur procedur. All de best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 9:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
Issfat: Hi, My baby has bn so scared since birth. He is now 7 mnths whenever he had a strange voice even if made it, whenever we slam d door. Since yesterday whenever he is sucking he wil be groaning and stretching as if he want 2 convulse. I was told to give him herb for cold weather( agbo ile tutu). I dnt knw if its advisable. Pls i nd ur advise
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 7:19am On Apr 17, 2013
Morning to you all, how are ur kids doing? Come join my family to say thank you the the most high God, bcuz my baby that that made me start this thread as turn 1 last saturday but i was too busy to post it here, anyway as the saying goes, "its better late than never" ........ Pls where is Agiboma

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
demmykay: Helo mums in da house, I made coconut oil myself following corrall descptive method nd it came out fine. I went to visit M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ cousin who just put to bed nd she sent someone to buy her coconut oil frm one iya alagbo in d mrk. When d coconut oil was brought I realized dat its colour looks like groundnt oil nd it actually has dat coconut smell. I was told dat is hw coconut oil is. But d one I made is whitish/milky in colour. Could it be dat I didn't get mine right or something? Cos am already using it on M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ baby.

Hello Demmy,

Well i guess you did not boil it enough to get out the oil. you need to boil it till you begin to see a clear water-like substance, looks like g/oil.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 3:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
ify's world:
hi i followed corrak directions also and it came out fine. Looks like G.nut oil too. Do revisit ur procedur. All de best
i followed d corrak direction and my own came out like groundnut oil ad smell coconut just like d one u said they bought.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pamperme: 9:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
@ayobarmy
Happy belated birthday to Ayobarmy junior. May he continue to grow in Gods wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Amen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 7:30am On Apr 18, 2013
Ameeeeeeeen, how are u and ur family @pam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 9:24am On Apr 18, 2013
My 15month old just started a new trend o,he dosnt sleep at nite,he wud rather play all nite long,if he gets any sleep at nite,its for only an hour,during the day he sleeps lik 2hours tops,dunno wat this means or if I shud be worid,he eats and plays normaly,only thing iv noticed is that hez bringin out bout 4teeth at once,nt sure if this is d culprit,and he poops bout 4 times a day now(though it isn't watery),shud I tak him to d clinic ni
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 9:35am On Apr 18, 2013
Nottin wrong, he's jst changed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 7:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
Gd day mums in d house,how many times in a day will i be giving my baby multavitamin ad vitamin C
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 9:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
Once a day,u cud also read the instructions on d pack for clarification
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
ayobarmy: Morning to you all, how are ur kids doing? Come join my family to say thank you the the most high God, bcuz my baby that that made me start this thread as turn 1 last saturday but i was too busy to post it here, anyway as the saying goes, "its better late than never" ........ Pls where is Agiboma
Wow! How time flies! May he continue to grow from strength to strength, may he continue to be a blessing to your family, my little princess also turned one on the first! Its been an awesome journey, to God be the glory! Your little man is so lucky to have u as father, hope he knows that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 3:22pm On Apr 19, 2013
Hi babes, My 4 moth old madam has cattargh n coughs a bit. Please what do i do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 4:50pm On Apr 19, 2013
Give her vit C
And make sure u use menthylatom on her chest, side, and apply wit ur finger on her nose *like massage*
Its d weather
Its cold bt my lil man has heat rash
Lmao, as a result of over covering
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by baby6: 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2013
hi all,
please my baby of almost 6month has this habit of pushing the tongue out.
this has been the habit since birth, now even forgets to close the mouth or does so with the tongue not fully inside.
pple are beginning to notice and coming up with different absurd ideas,
pls, does any1 have any idea on ow to overcome this.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.