Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,123 members, 7,949,876 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 09:28 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4544742 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bennyandrews(f): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2019
Good morning mothers in the house.please what can I use on my babies genitals.he is always scratching it.it looks reddish like its peeled.please no waka pass
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2019
Donphilex:

Thanks a lot for this also read about it but you know as a first timer have got to be extra careful please after boiling the hibiscus and almond dried leaf I’m I to sifter the leaves out and use it with soap or just the water without soap, anticipating your reply ,thanks

New borns have sensitive skin. There is something called baby acne, google it. I never used anything on my baby skin and it disappeared with time. What exactly do you use on her skin? Stop the powder, she doesnt need powder.i would suggest you stop everything and watch for a while, she could be reacting to something .

I have never treated eela but from your pictures it doesnt look it.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
Bennyandrews:
Good morning mothers in the house.please what can I use on my babies genitals.he is always scratching it.it looks reddish like its peeled.please no waka pass

Could be nappy rash. Baby tribotan works, some people say sudocream works too. Most importantly, you need tp ait his bum, it would speed up healing process.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by formidablefunmi(f): 1:36pm On Jul 24, 2019
[quote author=tatacherie Not really. This one works better than that. wink tongue

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by formidablefunmi(f): 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2019
Olajumoke459

Madam,you can try the mixture of
Shea butter(50/100 naira)
2capsules of Beecham ampiclox and small portion of functbact A.

Doctors are seriously warning parents against this mixture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2019
Olajumoke459:

I used it for my child when most imported products failed me

You say wetin shocked shocked shocked

Madam @toopee, if you truly love your baby, after all the labour pain you suffered and stress of 9 months you passed through, please dont ever try this!!!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2019
Donphilex:

Thanks a lot for this also read about it but you know as a first timer have got to be extra careful please after boiling the hibiscus and almond dried leaf I’m I to sifter the leaves out and use it with soap or just the water without soap, anticipating your reply ,thanks

A mama just advised you stop everything You're using on baby for now and I agree with her.

Also, your wife should watch what she eats too (I assume shes breastfeeding and baby takes what she takes) baby could be reacting to something mama has eaten.

People say the red leaf thing works for them, I've never used it and cant testify. What I do know is that when my son had rashes as a baby, I let him be. I didnt do anything and it all disappeared.

Also how do you dress baby? Do you cover everywhere or do you let her skin breathe?

All the best sir. You're doing an awesome job

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2019
Bennyandrews:

1. He could be reacting to his current diaper. You may try a different brand

2. To treat the rash you have to air his bum. Let him be without diaper for some hours each day. If you're home all day, I'd say leave him without diaper till night time ( though be ready to clean)

3. Get baby Tribotan. It works. Sudocream works too but some mamas say it changed or do I say bleached their baby's bums.

4. Take a good look at the rash, if you're not okay with how it looks, see a doctor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2019
Olajumoke459:

I used it for my child when most imported products failed me
All these combo for a baby? I weep cry cry cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2019
ifyalways:

Thanks.

Seems everyone finds them boring. Anyways, I'm an old woman, boring things excites me.

Zaynie the hair oil was wonderful; as I was told. Thank you.

Akpa akpu, hi to you too.

Yay!!!!

Glad you liked them grin
Unfortunately I'm no longer retailing for them embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Donphilex(m): 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2019
[quote author=teymeah post=80580378]

once boiled together use only the water for each bathe and of cos u can either choose to bathe her with soap or not it doesnt matter. the point is bathe her like u normally bathe her. refill water in pot when water level goes down. my baby is 6 months plus now and u wont be surprised i have been using it for her since 2 weeks old. just to prevent unwanted rashes or infection. i also use it at times am sure u will be surprised at this
/quote]

Thanks a lot for this info would give it a try
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Donphilex(m): 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
rvpbae:

New borns have sensitive skin. There is something called baby acne, google it. I never used anything on my baby skin and it disappeared with time. What exactly do you use on her skin? Stop the powder, she doesnt need powder.i would suggest you stop everything and watch for a while, she could be reacting to something .

I have never treated eela but from your pictures it doesnt look it.

We’ve never used anything on her skin apart from her normal Baby products we’re currently using nycil products after trying seabamed and aveno thinking she was reacting to the products but it’s obvious it isn’t a case of reaction she’s on exclusive and mother even placed herself on diet just to see if it was what she was eating but yet it keeps going and coming she’s currently using only coconut oil now but the yeye rashes keeps going and coming back
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
Donphilex:

We’ve never used anything on her skin apart from her normal Baby products we’re currently using nycil products after trying seabamed and aveno thinking she was reacting to the products but it’s obvious it isn’t a case of reaction she’s on exclusive and mother even placed herself on diet just to see if it was what she was eating but yet it keeps going and coming she’s currently using only coconut oil now but the yeye rashes keeps going and coming back
Allow her skin to breathe. After bath time, don't use cream or powder, you can also bathe her with soap only and no sponge. Wear light clothes if the weather is hot or at home.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 5:31pm On Jul 24, 2019
Donphilex:

Stop the coconut oil too, it doesnt work for everyone and allow her skin breathe. These things go but it seems you really think she has eela, so do as you please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2019
formidablefunmi:
[quote author=tatacherie Not really. This one works better than that. wink tongue
Chai! You wicked oo na now I understand
You're wishing me happy bumping bah angry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missyblissy: 7:16pm On Jul 24, 2019
Donphilex:

Whenever i notice rash on my baby's body that means two things, the covering is causing her to sweat and she needs to wear light clothes during the day. I never use baby cream on my baby. What my mum always use is udaki... Palm kernel oil. Her skin is smooth.
The baby product i bought ia johnson liquid soap no more tears, nycil lavender (dusting powder) and nycil normal powder, johnson baby oil for babys hair.

For heat rash use baby tribotan and i mix the nycil dusting powder with normal nycil powder so that it won't be hot on baby's skin. It works like magic.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 19CannyMum: 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2019
Donphilex:

Newborn babies have rashes. They go daily and new ones come daily. I know it's annoying because it will be as if you're not taking care of the baby, but that's just it. The rash will finally clear on its own usually.

Changing products too fast self is a danger in itself. You can stick with sebamed since most mommies swear by the brand. I've actually never seen a bad review of sebamed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BabeOk1(f): 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2019
I am a first timer too, and my baby is having Nla at one month old and it’s spreading and I’m so disturbed. I am using sudocrem but haven’t gotten any positive results yet
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Olajumoke459: 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2019
jazzyjazz:

You say wetin shocked shocked shocked

Madam @toopee, if you truly love your baby, after all the labour pain you suffered and stress of 9 months you passed through, please dont ever try this!!!

Pls don't misquote me
I only advised based on experience

Please note that I'm a mother too and what I suggested is not to be taken as drug but as cream for rubbing the affected part for a while

I won't share what's deadly to babies

I use this mixture for my baby years ago even when all the doctors medications failed.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Olajumoke459: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2019
GreaterGraceGG:

All these combo for a baby? I weep cry cry cry

Madam,you dont need to weep cos this mixture i suggested is to be applied on the baby's affected part not to be taken as drug.

How will I suggest these as drug for a baby,hmm?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
Olajumoke459:

Madam,you dont need to weep cos this mixture i suggested is to be applied on the baby's affected part not to be taken as drug.

How will I suggest these as drug for a baby,hmm?

I know it is to be applied on the body. But even with that, it's not good
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Olajumoke459: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2019
rvpbae:

Ampiclox and funbact A you say? Isnt that antibiotics and steroids?

Pls I only suggested this as cream o not as drug
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Olajumoke459: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
GreaterGraceGG:

I know it is to be applied on the body. But even with that, it's not good

Ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lemonadewifey: 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2019
Please experienced mother's, my day old baby has poo 3 times today all black and sticky. Is it normal? We're breastfeeding o and not taking formula
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2019
Lemonadewifey:
Please experienced mother's, my day old baby has poo 3 times today all black and sticky. Is it normal? We're breastfeeding o and not taking formula

Its normal.Remains of the first poop.Very soon the color will change.
Congrts newest mummy

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firstLadyy: 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2019
Very normal.. congratulations mama
Lemonadewifey:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lemonadewifey: 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
LadySarah:

Its normal.Remains of the first poop.Very soon the color will change.
Congrts newest mummy
firstLadyy:
Very normal.. congratulations mama
Thanks for the answers. I appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummydaezy: 11:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
Please, mamas I went to hospital and doctor prescribed these drugs for my 7 weeks old baby and eye drop. I hope is safe for her cos I was thinking it will the drugs with dropper she will be given.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 3:01am On Jul 25, 2019
Olajumoke459:

Pls don't misquote me

Please note that I'm a mother too and what I suggested is not to be taken as drug but as cream for rubbing the affected part for a while

I use this mixture for my baby years ago even when all the doctors medications failed.

Thank you

Mama, we know you are just trying to help out but that mixtue is not good for babies. Funbact A bleaches adults skin.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:29am On Jul 25, 2019
What you shared is VERY deadly to baby's skin ma

I assume you didn't know at the time but please never repeat such

Skin cancer doesn't come from nowhere, there are indicators and applying strong steroids and drugs to a tender baby's skin is looking for serious trouble

That is all I want to say on the matter, a word is enough for the wise

Olajumoke459:

Pls don't misquote me

Thank you

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:30am On Jul 25, 2019
Was a test run? What was the diagnosis?

mummydaezy:
Please, mamas I went to hospital and doctor prescribed these drugs for my 7 weeks old baby and eye drop. I hope is safe for her cos I was thinking it will the drugs with dropper she will be given.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummydaezy: 9:55am On Jul 25, 2019
[quote author=hunniesuzie post=80608883]Was a test run? What was the diagnosis?

[/quote

Yes they did test, malaria parasite + and fbc. Though I don't understand all those range in the fbc and she is having discharge in the eyes, no test for the discharge. Am afraid if the drugs are not too strong for a 7 weeks old.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.