Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,816 members, 7,898,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:21 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4499205 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2263) (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) (2268) (2269) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chisun89(f): 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ezriela:
My baby was like this and I told my MIL that it seems my baby has jaundice cos the sleep wasn't normal. She gave me a negative look but my mother instinct won't let me rest. I took my baby to hospital and it was confirmed. Called my Dr Aunt, she said if I lyk my DS I must wake him up to feed at least every 3hrs so he can pass it out through poo. I started waking him by running tap water on his leg. I didn't say ur baby has jaundice but most babies with jaundice sleep excessively and you must wake them up to feed if you like them cos they need to poo a lot,to flush jaundice out of their system.

Pls ma how did you manage the jaundice?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chisun89(f): 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ezriela:
My baby was like this and I told my MIL that it seems my baby has jaundice cos the sleep wasn't normal. She gave me a negative look but my mother instinct won't let me rest. I took my baby to hospital and it was confirmed. Called my Dr Aunt, she said if I lyk my DS I must wake him up to feed at least every 3hrs so he can pass it out through poo. I started waking him by running tap water on his leg. I didn't say ur baby has jaundice but most babies with jaundice sleep excessively and you must wake them up to feed if you like them cos they need to poo a lot,to flush jaundice out of their system.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chisun89(f): 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2019
rvpbae:

Since your baby is jaundiced, pls wake her up to feed every 2-3hours

Ok ma, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chisun89(f): 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2019
Giddyperson:

Ok biko make sure the jaundice is really gone before you relax. I thought there was supposed to be another text to confirm its gone.

Yes there’ll be another test, am just tired
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gloryne(f): 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
Reporting officially on this thread tho i started reading from page 1 the day I registered on preggy thread. I must say I've really learnt alot from mama here. The load of useful information here is priceless and I've been applying some as the need arises. Kudos to you all kiss

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ezriela: 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2019
Get cotton seed and sugar cane leaves boiled them together for like 30mins and drink it. It serves as your water,discard after 24hrs .Do it for 4days.Pls do not give baby to drink, if you are lactating well, i will suggest you pause formula for now. It was raining then, I did not make use of the sun but the weather has changed now. Expose LO to early morning sun for like 20mins btw 8am-10am, pls cover his eyes. DS sb level was 14% when I went back the 4th day it has dropped to 3.2%.
Please I beseech thee wake LO up to nurse every 3hrs, so baby can poo well. Calm down, this phase shall pass.
chisun89:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2019
chisun89:

Yes there’ll be another test, am just tired
Pele, biko wake to feed for now. Feed very well so that the second test can come out -ve. After that two of you can rest. Pele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chisun89(f): 5:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ezriela:
Get cotton seed and sugar cane leaves boiled them together for like 30mins and drink it. It serves as your water,discard after 24hrs .Do it for 4days.Pls do not give baby to drink, if you are lactating well, i will suggest you pause formula for now. It was raining then, I did not make use of the sun but the weather has changed now. Expose LO to early morning sun for like 20mins btw 8am-10am, pls cover his eyes. DS sb level was 14% when I went back the 4th day it has dropped to 3.2%.
Please I beseech thee wake LO up to nurse every 3hrs, so baby can poo well. Calm down, this phase shall pass.

OK mama, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chisun89(f): 5:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
Giddyperson:

Pele, biko wake to feed for now. Feed very well so that the second test can come out -ve. After that two of you can rest. Pele

Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franashi(f): 6:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
I used unripe pawpaw soak in water and the early morning sun. I drop some in this mouth and drank half a cup myself and fed him every 2 hrs so he can poo it out. I applied breast milk into his eyes to clear the yellow colour and make his eyes white again. I did this for 5 days.,took him to the hospital to check and the doctor confirm him ok.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 8:45pm On Nov 07, 2019
On this jaundice matter,I gave glucose water and breastfed every two hours and early morning sun.
I guess the essence of treatment is to make baby pop often and everything falls into place.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ruthiegal: 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
Good evening experienced mamas in the house. I gave birth via cs on Monday and my child had to bottle fed with formula . But I’ve been trying to put him on my breast for 2 days now and he keeps rejecting my breast . I just end up giving him formula. Now my breast are so full and hard and very painful. It’s even leaking. But still he won’t suck. I really want to breastfeed him. What can I do. I tried pumping with electric bottle pump
Today but that thing is too slow . I need your expertise please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 10:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ruthiegal:
Good evening experienced mamas in the house. I gave birth via cs on Monday and my child had to bottle fed with formula . But I’ve been trying to put him on my breast for 2 days now and he keeps rejecting my breast . I just end up giving him formula. Now my breast are so full and hard and very painful. It’s even leaking. But still he won’t suck. I really want to breastfeed him. What can I do. I tried pumping with electric bottle pump

Haaa..... teamie, this was my exact situation yesterday night that I had to wake up and order a breast pump online. Thankfully, the swelling reduced this morning and the pain went away.

I wore a good supportive bra which I haven’t taken off except when I am going to bath and baby has been sucking as much as she can too.

I also massaged both breast with warm soapy water in circular motion when I was having my bath.

I don’t know if any of these was what helped as I am also a FTM

Other moms with experience will come in soon

Sorry, hang in there.... cos I totally understand the pain as I went through same which is only subsiding today
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ruthiegal: 11:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
gratefulme40:

Haaa..... teamie, this was my exact situation yesterday night that I had to wake up and order a breast pump online. Thankfully, the swelling reduced this morning and the pain went away.

I wore a good supportive bra which I haven’t taken off except when I am going to bath and baby has been sucking as much as she can too.

I also massaged both breast with warm soapy water in circular motion when I was having my bath.

I don’t know if any of these was what helped as I am also a FTM

Other moms with experience will come in soon

Sorry, hang in there.... cos I totally understand the pain as I went through same which is only subsiding today
Okay thanks. I just hope mine does too and he starts sucking coz I’m starting to feel bad that he won’t suck my breast . I don’t want to continue him on formula. At least for the next few months i really what to breastfeed him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 4:01am On Nov 08, 2019
Ruthiegal:

Okay thanks. I just hope mine does too and he starts sucking coz I’m starting to feel bad that he won’t suck my breast . I don’t want to continue him on formula. At least for the next few months i really what to breastfeed him

Continue trying, he will latch soon. My first son didn't latch till the 6th day, ny nipples were small. I had to pump for him and used formula to supplement. For the pain, wear a firm bra always and massage with hot water first, then try pumping again. You need the milk to come out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:43am On Nov 08, 2019
Ruthiegal:
You just have to keep trying before he gets too used to the bottle. Always offer him breast first when he's hungry and keep trying for a while before u finally offer formula. And keep pumping for now, even with the slow pump so that your breastmilk production doesn't reduce.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TopeMel(f): 11:16am On Nov 08, 2019
Dears Mothers, my son is in a contest. Kindly click on the link below,like and comment. Mother's Dream children cream and soap from Germany are the best gifts for our kids. No bleaching. It restores their natural colour and removes dark spots caused by mosquito bites.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4mDIQaHW3U/?igshid=jhbjiszxtjge

08173095669 or 08180668179 to place your orders.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bollyluv(f): 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
Good afternoon mummies. Pls my boy is 1 yr old what food can I give apart from indomie,rice,cereal, bread and tea...?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
Bollyluv:
Good afternoon mummies. Pls my boy is 1 yr old what food can I give apart from indomie,rice,cereal, bread and tea...?

Oats, beans, plantain, potatoes, fruits and veggies, egg, swallow. Whatever you eat.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 2:45pm On Nov 08, 2019
Pls mummies, I went to the hospital to complain that my DD was have temperatures,cough and cattarh. And the doc said I should buy augmentin and loratidine. He is a year and a month. Am skeptical about the loratidine because on it it was written 12 yrs and above. Pls don't look and pass o.my baby is having temperature, have given him paracetamol though
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 2:46pm On Nov 08, 2019
His temperature was at this morning was 37.1
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
Mumaraoluwa:
His temperature was at this morning was 37.1
37.1 is normal, you should have given para to him
Did the doctor run any test on him before prescribing the drugs or he just worked on what you described.
Is the cough serious that he prescribed Augmentin? Didn't he tell you how many dose to administer when you buy them.
Augmentin is a strong antibiotics(a gsk product and costly too)
Drugs are measured and administered to children according to age and body weight too. That's why my children's pediatrician prefers a syringe to the measurement cap.

Maybe you should discuss with your doctor. He might change it to Piriton
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
So i cooked an entire pot of vegetable soup, and just as I was about to round up with the last stir, it fell face down to the ground cry cry.
I already called my husband and he was trying to tell me its not the end of the world, I need someone who understands that it is indeed the end of the world to please sympathize with me. So much wasted time, energy cry and it was a big pot. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry.

Also our gas finished so I was using the death trap called camp gas, which tried to burn my hand which is the reason I called hubby to give him a piece of mind because he was supposed to refill before going out. I'm so damn pissed cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
Giddyperson:
So i cooked an entire pot of vegetable soup, and just as I was about to round up with the last stir, it fell face down to the ground cry cry.
I already called my husband and he was trying to tell me its not the end of the world, I need someone who understands that it is indeed the end of the world to please sympathize with me. So much wasted time, energy cry and it was a big pot. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry.

Also our gas finished so I was using the death trap called camp gas, which tried to burn my hand which is the reason I called hubby to give him a piece of mind because he was supposed to refill before going out. I'm so damn pissed cry cry cry cry cry cry
Awwwww, painful, I can't say I understand cry cry cos e never do me but if na me. Heyyyy Lord God!!!!!!!! Oluwa mi, I'll scoop the up wey sand no touch back into the pot, pick my meat(s) and all the living things I cooked the soup with gbammm n'ime pot mụ.
Na this Buhari regime, the energy especially with nsogbu ụmụaka join, we'll eat it like that.

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
Giddyperson:

Thank God it didn't pour on your leg, it's not d end of the world o my sister, something similar happened to me last 2 weeks, and it from pressure pot, the whole thing exploded on my back and arm, for good 3 days the spot was hurting like fire. I just thank God for speedy healing. Pls just thank God say you dey alright.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
comtem2011:
Thank God it didn't pour on your leg, it's not d end of the world o my sister, something similar happened to me last 2 weeks, and it from pressure pot, the whole thing exploded on my back and arm, for good 3 days the spot was hurting like fire. I just thank God for speedy healing. Pls just thank God say you dey alright.
Woah, thank God you're fine. I was trying to console myself by saying atleast it didn't burn me but that didn't work initially, though I see reason now. I was holding the pot to stir when the pot shifted and I felt a sudden wave of heat from the gas on my hand. I had a split second to choose between letting it scald me and flinging the pot cry, when I saw my work of art laying on the floor, I started feeling I chose the wrong option cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2019
[
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
FloraEC:

Awwwww, painful, I can't say I understand cry cry cos e never do me but if na me. Heyyyy Lord God!!!!!!!! Oluwa mi, I'll scoop the up wey sand no touch back into the pot, pick my meat(s) and all the living things I cooked the soup with gbammm n'ime pot mụ.
Na this Buhari regime, the energy especially with nsogbu ụmụaka join, we'll eat it like that.
Lol, thanks for your sympathy. I scooped the top part, I can't imagine cooking anything else so I scooped enough for dinner tonight cheesy, thank God it was vegetable and not something like uha. But it was a big pot, and most of it is still gone cry. I'm over it now sha cry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
Giddyperson:

Woah, thank God you're fine. I was trying to console myself by saying atleast it didn't burn me but that didn't work initially, though I see reason now. I was holding the pot to stir when the pot shifted and I felt a sudden wave of heat from the gas on my hand. I had a split second to choose between letting it scald me and flinging the pot cry, when I saw my work of art laying on the floor, I started feeling I chose the wrong option cheesy
You chose the right option o. Na person we dey fine dey get mouth chop food.
I can't forget that day and I started crying for people that have had fire accident in one way or the other. The pain is no be here my sister.

I was a boiling meet ni o and I said let me enter kitchen to pick something, the next thing I heard was gboah, In fact what God did for me that day, I can't tell it all cos I was supposed to back my baby, she be chewing gum, one spirit just said no and I dropped her. Had it been she was at my back, only God knows what would have happened to her. Even though the thing didn't touch her, I was confused when it happened. Instead of me to apply first aid on my body, I was busy touching her body to be sure she's fine. It was at that period that the thing enter my body well. Chai, pressure pot accident is damn bad. I just thank God it was not my face. I for don become ojuju Calabar by now.

Even me i join you too thank God cos na cry u for dey cry now.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2019
comtem2011:
I can't forget that day and I started crying for people that have had fire accident in one way or the other. The pain is no be here my sister.
kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
comtem2011:

I was a boiling meet ni o and I said let me enter kitchen to pick something, the next thing I heard was gboah, In fact what God did for me that day, I can't tell it all cos I was supposed to back my baby, she be chewing gum, one spirit just said no and I dropped her. Had it been she was at my back, only God knows what would have happened to her. Even though the thing didn't touch her, I was confused when it happened. Instead of me to apply first aid on my body, I was busy touching her body to be sure she's fine. It was at that period that the thing enter my body well. Chai, pressure pot accident is damn bad. I just thank God it was not my face. I for don become ojuju Calabar by now.

Even me i join you too thank God cos na cry u for dey cry now.
So sorry. I didn't know pressure pots explode. That sounds dangerous. It actually waited for you to come into the kitchen for it to explode. All these contraptions. That's one reason I don't like these camp gas things too, I've heard too many stories of them exploding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
Please I really need someone's help.
My mum Is suffering from glaucoma. She discovered this last two years. She was told to do surgery then but because of the fear she has concerning anything surgery she opted to receiving prescribed medications(eye drops and drugs). Recently however, she has been complaining incessantly about her sight deteriorating and I'm really scared coz I don't want my mum to go blind. So we went to d doctor who told us to do surgery before...but we were told it was too late for surgery and she just has to keep managing her sight like that...please I sincerely need some advice from the opticians in the house. Please is there a possibility of getting glaucoma surgery two years after it was diagnosed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2263) (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) (2268) (2269) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.