Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,236 members, 7,887,657 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:00 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4485166 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2015
@joyousf..if u want to use package to diffrentiate btw fake nd original,no b naija oo..lol,d one dat ws sent to me frm uk is dsame wt urs bt doesn't smell lyk relaxer o infct it works lyk magic,I manage it lyk 'gold' cuz I knw I cn neva get d original for naija,try semabed,sum modas use it nd it works well,nic wknd.
@madam sayoberry....lol I don laff tire here..ur twins r so sweet o cuz dem don turn dia mama to entertainer,warmest rgrds to dem o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2015
cutienik:
@joyousf..if u want to use package to diffrentiate btw fake nd original,no b naija oo..lol,d one dat ws sent to me frm uk is dsame wt urs bt doesn't smell lyk relaxer o infct it works lyk magic,I manage it lyk 'gold' cuz I knw I cn neva get d original for naija,try semabed,sum modas use it nd it works well,nic wknd.
@madam sayoberry....lol I don laff tire here..ur twins r so sweet o cuz dem don turn dia mama to entertainer,warmest rgrds to dem o

thanks ma. my hubby say make I use am n watch him cos I don waka market tire today n all na d same.

pls who knows where can I get sebamed in ado? I tried d major pharmacies for d soap but couldn't find. this ado tire me abeg ...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
sayoberry:
My own suture is beneath the bikini line. Still pains me. My doc recommended ibrufen and tramadol, d thing dey affect 'kpe' as I no fit dey do ceiling fan style grin

Meanwhile the twins have cold and cough too. I use suction bulbs for the cattar.

About the t.v, DD before I had the twins was addicted to Barney. She has the best spoken English in the house. She tells me "mummy its 'worra' not 'wota' (water)"
But I made her stop when anytime she came back from school it was Barney instead of homeworks.

I feel like running away for a month. #stressed.
Twin one doesn't make it look like I have twins. He eats, sleeps, sucks his tumb and sits to watch t.v.
Twin 2 on the other hand will never sit on her own. Its either u sit in front of her to play with her or carry her. When carrying her u can't just put her on ur lap. U either sing, clap, play and laugh or cry if u are pissed grin and she can't sleep on her own either. You sing, dance, jump, wiggle, make funny faces, doze off, wake up again to meet her fussy face. Lord!!!

Lolz it is well my sister,

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2015
Tnx to @cutienik nd @Gr8fulHeart for ur prompt responses earlier 2day. I took my lo to d hosp nd was placed on a 3 day injection. She's calm now nd playing. I truly apr8 all d wonderful sabi mamas on dis forum

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by completey(f): 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
joyousf:
@completey: I went there n the sudocreme they had is same as the one I called fake. I'm uploading a pic of the one I just finished using n d new one. though I bought the old one over a year ago so I don't know if they av changed d cream. the packaging is diff, the cream more watery n d smell diff. this one smells like relaxer to me o.
pls come to my aid mamas is this sudocreme original?

pls suggest another diaper cream to me o.

No this is not the one I got from her . Though that was 2012 it was quite effective and solid. I use it for 2 yrs before giving it out to a friend last August. I will suggest you try sebamed. All gift should have that. You can also change your LO's diaper. It is well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lamdec(f): 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hello everyone o, mama sayoberry, mytestimony and others I hail o, I am a FTM here porting from the pregnancy thread. Had my baby boy 12days ago. Now my challenges are much o, firstly my baby seems to suck always especially at night, he sucks for over an hour and still cries when I remove his mouth.. I had to buy Nan 1 for him to supplement but I feel bad sometimes cos I had plan to breastfeed him exclusively, what can I do.
Secondly, pls I need advise on what family planning method to use, I want to use the IUD but I am hearing a lot of stories about it affecting DH and even hurting him, pls experience mamas is this always true, if so what other alternative can I use, I hate drugs so the pill.is out of it and I don't want something I will have to be using every 3months, I want something long term.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tobiaboG: 8:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
@lamdec pls stop feeling inadequate babies cmes with their diff styles. Whenever u want 2 feed her @ night don't on d light, oda sabi mamas wl answer in details. As 4 IUD am using it & my husb has never complained, d challenge is dat u wl have 2 check d string constantly 4 3mth during & after period & later once in a while. Ur blood flow also increases 4 a while b4 normalizing. U can browse d internet 4 mre info it helps in my decisn making.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 9:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
Iamdec you are probably not lactating enough.

Do you have a breast pump? It will help to see the exact quantity you are oping and it will also help ur flow. Breast milk is a demand and supply thing the more you demand the more your supply builds.

When you give formular you can get someone to feed the baby and u use that time to pump that way u keep ur supply up and steady

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 10:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
@Lamdec congratulations. Please like favored gal said get a breast pump to see if u are lactating and how much u r lactating. Ir baby crying means he is not satisfied. Hmmm breastfeeding for 1hr chei weldone! Eat foods that will help u lactate. Eat food hot. Take alot of fluids. My baby also sucks alot at night. Funny though she doesnt open her eyes. Once she starts turning much I know its hunger. Not putting on the light in my room helps alot I guess.
All d best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 10:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
completey:

No this is not the one I got from her . Though that was 2012 it was quite effective and solid. I use it for 2 yrs before giving it out to a friend last August. I will suggest you try sebamed. All gift should have that. You can also change your LO's diaper. It is well.

the one I finished using was also more solid. pls sabi mamas that recently bought sudocreme answer my question o.

where is All Gifts? my impression is that it is opp that first bank at Adebayo. maybe not directly opp sha. no vex pls I don't know so many places in ado.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mamabigboy: 10:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
Good evening buriful mamas, how are we and our LOs, we are doing great, I know. My DS will be going for his next vaccine at 3months, wt all I passed thru during 6weeks vaccination, I wanna know if this 3months vaccine is also as painful as 6weeks', ddont mind m pls, I just want to know so as to be emotionally/mentally ready. Imagine neighbours coming to check wat was wrong wt him wen d cry bacame unbearable. Thanks as I await ur response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lamdec(f): 10:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
Thanks tobiaboG, favoredgirl and mytestimony. I had him through cs and from the first night at the hospital the nurses had to tell me.to get food for him, I came home after 5 days and had to go back after the naming cos I was bleeding profusely, I just got home two days ago... I have been trying to pump but most times he would have emptied my engorged breast so there is very little to pump and now my dad mistakenly took my breast pump to Ado after I was admitted the.second time and I stay in lagos. It's going to take a while for me to get a new breast pump.
Since I came back I haven't been able to eat much no matter how hard I try, I take just a little pap every morning and eat foods like amala but in small quantities. I read that breastfeeding is about demand and supply that is why I put him to breast for nothing less than 30mins at a go so that I can produce enough for him but I still end up giving him baby food before he gets satisfied. He is just 12days old and we are battling with feeding, I don't know what to do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rieme26: 10:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
lamdec:
Hello everyone o, mama sayoberry, mytestimony and others I hail o, I am a FTM here porting from the pregnancy thread. Had my baby boy 12days ago. Now my challenges are much o, firstly my baby seems to suck always especially at night, he sucks for over an hour and still cries when I remove his mouth.. I had to buy Nan 1 for him to supplement but I feel bad sometimes cos I had plan to breastfeed him exclusively, what can I do.
Secondly, pls I need advise on what family planning method to use, I want to use the IUD but I am hearing a lot of stories about it affecting DH and even hurting him, pls experience mamas is this always true, if so what other alternative can I use, I hate drugs so the pill.is out of it and I don't want something I will have to be using every 3months, I want something long term.
I'm in same boat as you are I had to buy nan 1 and bottle from second day. Had to plans to feed formula too. My baby boy is 20days,was told boys eat more than girls too. My boy sucks for 1 hour too. Even with the pumped out breast milk he takes 120 ml at a go. you should try pumping too. Have no experience on birth control, ftm too.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 11:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
Goodevening mama's my 3mnths old son doesn't wanna accept my left breast tho I've checked and it's flowing well,he only wants the right breast.pls wat do I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enioladimeji: 11:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
RashMe:

my Lo is also Omodesire, very scare unlike Adesire......
WAO. For my mind, na me form the name give my son cos i wanted a unique name. Nice name
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 12, 2015
Go to Kate Store st Adebayo. Her shop is adjacent Lino Supermarket.
joyousf:

thanks ma. my hubby say make I use am n watch him cos I don waka market tire today n all na d same.

pls who knows where can I get sebamed in ado? I tried d major pharmacies for d soap but couldn't find. this ado tire me abeg ...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 1:52am On Jul 12, 2015
Iamdec the fact that you are engorged does not mean you are lactating well o

Nothing wrong in giving baby food. Stop beating yourself up you are doin great

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 1:54am On Jul 12, 2015
mummy2be:
Goodevening mama's my 3mnths old son doesn't wanna accept my left breast tho I've checked and it's flowing well,he only wants the right breast.pls wat do I do?

It's the positioning. The baby is more comfy the way you hold him with the preferred boobs. It's quite normal you can check google. Just keep trying

Give him the non preferred one firsts esp when he is really hungry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 12, 2015
lamdec:
I use IUD. Hubby hasn't complained abt it. It needs good hygiene. D side effects I have are headache and cramps. But they don't last for long.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 6:36am On Jul 12, 2015
enioladimeji:

WAO. For my mind, na me form the name give my son cos i wanted a unique name. Nice name
My son's Ayomidesire, I just love d name "Desire" so I had to come up with a prefix
May God bless dem all for us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RashMe(f): 9:45am On Jul 12, 2015
enioladimeji:

Same as me cos my promotion letter arrived a day after her birth. wanted to call her OmoMurede, but hubby didn't agree........
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lamdec(f): 9:51am On Jul 12, 2015
enioladimeji:

Thanks everyone. My dad named my baby Omodesire too,love the name.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bossladymo1: 10:02am On Jul 12, 2015
RashMe:

Same as me cos my promotion letter arrived a day after her birth. wanted to call her OmoMurede, but hubby didn't agree........

I wanted to name my daughter OmoMurewa also, cos of the success of our relocation. But my hubby didn't agree also lol.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 10:45am On Jul 12, 2015
Please for those of you that bought baby walkers, how much did it cost you?
Thanks. Can I see PICS too. I've never bought one before because they always pass to me and then when d baby out grows I pass it on, and d person too passes it on like that like that. Its a family tradition. Unfortunately for me.. No one has a walker. So I have to buy sad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by completey(f): 12:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
joyousf:

the one I finished using was also more solid. pls sabi mamas that recently bought sudocreme answer my question o.

where is All Gifts? my impression is that it is opp that first bank at Adebayo. maybe not directly opp sha. no vex pls I don't know so many places in ado.

Its. @ Similoluwa. Its not far from my place. Will find out on Monday nd get back to u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
vivigurl:
I use IUD. Hubby hasn't complained abt it. It needs good hygiene. D side effects I have are headache and cramps. But they don't last for long.
Am yet to see my period after delivery, if I insert iud will it automatically start my period?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
sexysisi:
Go to Kate Store st Adebayo. Her shop is adjacent Lino Supermarket.

thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
completey:

Its. @ Similoluwa. Its not far from my place. Will find out on Monday nd get back to u.

OK. thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by switgoodyy: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
mummy2be:
my daughter also rejected d left breast some month ago,i started givin her d left rejected breast τ̅☺ her in d night after few weeks she started acceptin it back durin d day
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 7:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
sayoberry:
Please for those of you that bought baby walkers, how much did it cost you?
Thanks. Can I see PICS too. I've never bought one before because they always pass to me and then when d baby out grows I pass it on, and d person too passes it on like that like that. Its a family tradition. Unfortunately for me.. No one has a walker. So I have to buy sad

Check konga. You will see variety and the price as well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
shndy:

Am yet to see my period after delivery, if I insert iud will it automatically start my period?
don't know if it will make u see ur period. I didn't see my period before inserting. I did a pregnancy test first. Jst that after the insertion u will have slight bleeding or spotting. Body differs

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
forlahkhe:
I don't even kno ao to stat, its a sad story......

I believe all of these stories.

My baby must not see any paper or tissue including books ,because he is gonna tear, chew and swallow it straightway.

My hubby warned me last week that I should be careful that my baby can swallow remote control battery. Friday night, I saw the remote without battery, Jesus, I started looking for the batteries like a mad woman. When I saw it, my baby has used his teeth to compress one of the batteries. I jejely rushed to hide the battery before I go dey hear, "I will arrest you if any thing happens to this baby" shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.