Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,255 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:43 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4484767 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2015
completey:

Its a phase, she will outgrow it. About the poo are you EBF? Pls watch your diet. Take orange and eat foods with high fiber content.

Thanks ma'am yes she's EBF. I'll get orange today.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2015
babythug:

Squeeze out some orange juice and give her please. Just a few spoons should help her poo asap! Then also check your diet and try to eat stuff that will ease digestion veggies and fruits and so on!

Good luck wink

Thanks mama i'll try jst dat.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
babythug:

Squeeze out some orange juice and give her please. Just a few spoons should help her poo asap! Then also check your diet and try to eat stuff that will ease digestion veggies and fruits and so on!

Good luck wink
Orange juice for a 3wk old baby? Like seriously I know babies less than a year old ain't supposed to take citrus fruits cos of the citric acid in it. Are you pretty sure its safe?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
euphorbia:

Currently,they don't ve too.I also need it.any other mama sabi another place to get original?
Try www.simplyinfants.com

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bims87(f): 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hello mamas,pls,has anyone here given her LO an infant Cereal with milk called Nutrilac before? If yes,how is it? Thanjs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
It's normal cos she's EBF, they can go for more than a week sef
My lil boss does same, pls don't give her anything o
Keji3:

Thanks ma'am yes she's EBF. I'll get orange today.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
Keji3:
Good day mothers, pls my 3 weeks old baby has been fuzzy, stretching and crying in his sleep since yesterday she's also straining really hard cos she has not pooed for 3days now. She's breastfeeding well but also strains and stretch while on breast. Pls help out with how to help her poop and also stop the fuzziness and st retching cos she's not sleeping well both during the day and night. Thanks

Please don't give a newborn Orange juice. If it is not recommended to give them excess water (on account of water toxicity), why would it be safe to give their still developing stomachs an acidic juice? It's normal in EBF but if you wish, you can eat oranges and veggies and fibre-rich food.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
Thanks @temmy2103 and @onegai its the she strains dat got me desperate, i guess i'll wait it out and take the fruits myself.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PEARLmakeup(f): 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
contact makeup ville for ur affordable bridal makeup n gele for all occasions 08137463651 add bbm pin: 56719B45 for more info
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
Keji3:
Thanks @temmy2103 and @onegai its the she strains dat got me desperate, i guess i'll wait it out and take the fruits myself.

Your LO is colicky just like most infants. Do you use hot compress on her tummy?? You can also use your finger tips to gently massage below her belly button in a circular motion. This will help release the gas stuck in her stomach and also help her poop.

Orange juice is a NO..NO unless approved by your paediatrician.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
desiree:

Your LO is colicky just like most infants. Do you use hot compress on her tummy?? You can also use your finger tips to gently massage below her belly button in a circular motion. This will help release the gas stuck in her stomach and also help her poop.

Orange juice is a NO..NO unless approved by your paediatrician.
Yes i do the hot compress, i'll also try the gentle massage i appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
@harmless1,maybe u shld give ur lo a single grain,wheat also purges my kid so i advise u giv rice alone pap is okay too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
Na wa o, nobody evn boda to gv any sugestions on my questn. Well not to worry, I don reach hospital as usual.
Bims87 I use nutrilac. Its ok and a bit cheap bt I notice its kind of sugary but over all its ok.
Greetings 2 y"all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bims87(f): 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2015
Gr8fulHeart:
Na wa o, nobody evn boda to gv any sugestions on my questn. Well not to worry, I don reach hospital as usual.
Bims87 I use nutrilac. Its ok and a bit cheap bt I notice its kind of sugary but over all its ok.
Greetings 2 y"all

Thanks! Do u add milk to it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RashMe(f): 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
PeyButtons:

Yes u can..i started giving my LO guinea corn pap with infant milk from 3months...though i usually make it myself...mix guinea corn,beans,dried plantain and fish together..grind,sieve and keep it at home..and she is so healthy and strong.

ma'am, i guess d beans is OLOYIN, d plaintain is UNRIPE and which kind of fish
Would like to try it for my DD when she is 3months....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Harmless1: 10:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
dunnybaby26:
@harmless1,maybe u shld give ur lo a single grain,wheat also purges my kid so i advise u giv rice alone pap is okay too
alright. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
RashMe:

ma'am, i guess d beans is OLOYIN, d plaintain is UNRIPE and which kind of fish
Would like to try it for my DD when she is 3months....

Yes it is.....dry fish bt i carefully deboned d fishes just as i remove stones from d guinea corn. I'm sure ur baby will love it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
Gr8fulHeart:
@ lovinam, u r right. Though I prefer thumbsucking to tonguesucking.
Mamas my baby has chesty cough that won't go. Hv been to d hospital and hv taken all drugs and antibiotics, it gets beter and comes back. Last nite she was breathing as if sometin was blocking her chest. Any sugestions pls? I hv done hot water steam and all what not. It stil won't go ohhh.
Need I add "she is about sprouting upper tooth"
When my kids have chesty coughs most especially in d night ...i give natural undiluted lime extract (i buy fresh limes,cut,squeeze out d water in it and keep in a plastic bottle witout adding water)...d cough usually disappear 2 days after,it works pretty well.
Note: the baby might vomit any mucus hanging on chest and throat.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nefertitiram: 1:57am On Aug 07, 2015
PeyButtons:

When my kids have chesty coughs most especially in d night ...i give natural undiluted lime extract (i buy fresh limes,cut,squeeze out d water in it and keep in a plastic bottle witout adding water)...d cough usually disappear 2 days after,it works pretty well.
Note: the baby might vomit any mucus hanging on chest and throat.

At what age?
If orange is a no no... lime is
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 6:27am On Aug 07, 2015
nefertitiram:

At what age?
If orange is a no no... lime is

Inasmuch,it is pure and natural...undiluted......banana..orange,lime....its ok. It's a home remedy for me. As a matter,i dont give my kids anything until i've contacted d paed and also our family doctor.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 6:49am On Aug 07, 2015
PeyButtons:

Inasmuch,it is pure and natural...undiluted......banana..orange,lime....its ok. It's a home remedy for me. As a matter,i dont give my kids anything until i've contacted d paed and also our family doctor.

And the Paed approved it for a baby?
Tchiwinnie biko clear the air here on this. Am always not comfortable when I see online prescription for babies that has to do with swallowing. Omo e risky oh

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eazee(f): 8:40am On Aug 07, 2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamacajah: 9:38am On Aug 07, 2015
PeyButtons:

Yes u can..i started giving my LO guinea corn pap with infant milk from 3months...though i usually make it myself...mix guinea corn,beans,dried plantain and fish together..grind,sieve and keep it at home..and she is so healthy and strong.

Thanks for this info but how do you do the beans? do you wash it, peel the back first before grinding it together with the other ingredients. and the fish, is it crayfish, smoked , dried..fish?? pls help clarify. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 9:44am On Aug 07, 2015
eazee:
Good day blessed mamas,
I need your urgent help, I am a FTM, my 6 weeks old baby girl has been having particles like dandruff on her hair. She is very hairy hence I started seeing lots of tiny white particles on her scalp that. Looks like dandruff. Even wen I wash her hair very well, It still comes up after few hours. I initially was using johnson oil, then was asked to change to ori and coconut oil, but it still persisted. I wash her hair with johnson baby soap. She keeps putting her hand on her head to hair and cry every minutes which makes me feel it itches her.
I will appreciate your urgent advice on wat to use for her scalp.
God bless you guys.

Google cradle cap treatments. It is not dandruff.

Modified** Stop any Johnson's product for now. Try Aveeno or Sebamed.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 9:56am On Aug 07, 2015
PeyButtons:

Instead of lime,why not try vitamin C drops for babies. Lime is very acidic can actually erode away the lining of an infant's intestine, cause diarrhoea and digestive problems later in future.

In as much as i advocate natural remedies, we need to consider the age at which these natural remedies are appilcable. lime and lemon can be given to babies of 10-12 months old

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 10:02am On Aug 07, 2015
mamacajah:

Thanks for this info but how do you do the beans? do you wash it, peel the back first before grinding it together with the other ingredients. and the fish, is it crayfish, smoked , dried..fish?? pls help clarify. Thanks.

You want to give your 3 months old beans? God help you o. Beans can make a 6 months old poo to oblivion not to talk of a 3 months old. Its your baby, your choice.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 10:03am On Aug 07, 2015
PeyButtons:

...firstly,u av to wash all ingredient stated earlier throughly wit water... bt u wont add water wen going to grind it,water will be added at d mill..it will come out in form of paste..u'll use water to sieve it to remove d unwanted nd get d pap..den u'll need to change d water on d pap everyday...

den wen cooking..u boil water in a pot...mix pap wit little water and cook for 15 minutes on fire wit moderate turning to prevent it from forming balls..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 10:09am On Aug 07, 2015
desiree:

You want to give your 3 months old beans? God help you o. Beans can make a 6 months old poo to oblivion not to talk of a 3 months old. Its your baby, your choice.

Surprisingly,she's over a year now. She doesnt poo anyhow...at least trice in 2 weeks. Though,all babies are different!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennifer89(f): 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
PeyButtons:

Surprisingly,she's over a year now. She doesnt poo anyhow...at least trice in 2 weeks. Though,all babies are different!

you mean she poo trice in two weeks? hmmmm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
Gr8fulHeart:
@ lovinam, u r right. Though I prefer thumbsucking to tonguesucking.
Mamas my baby has chesty cough that won't go. Hv been to d hospital and hv taken all drugs and antibiotics, it gets beter and comes back. Last nite she was breathing as if sometin was blocking her chest. Any sugestions pls? I hv done hot water steam and all what not. It stil won't go ohhh.
Need I add "she is about sprouting upper tooth"

Y nt try TIXYLIX baby cough syrup dis is wat I use for my baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
Jennifer89:

you mean she poo trice in two weeks? hmmmm
Yes...sometimes once....even up still now...my doc said its nothing to worry about since she passes gas very well.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RashMe(f): 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
PeyButtons:

Yes it is.....dry fish bt i carefully deboned d fishes just as i remove stones from d guinea corn. I'm sure ur baby will love it.

Alright ma'am. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.