Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,725 members, 7,885,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:34 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4483282 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by uyogabie(f): 9:37am On Jul 19, 2013
ify's world:
Hi mummies in da house, i need ur advice on this. My twins are 1 today xoxo. I want to stop nursing, though one of them weaned himself some weeks back. Pple are telling me different stories of how it draws back their development, that i should wait till they can walk. Though they they cruise around holding on to stuff. Is this a fact or myth. Also i learnt weaning is painful. How do i make it pain and stress free.
.My twinies stopped breast feeding at two months.Don't know what happened,my bossom milk suddenly stopped flowing.they were on SMA gold and progress all trough.They are 3years old now and growing well.to wean them,try antiboiotics,pain reliever and hot water massage on your bossom to press the milk out.that was what i did for my first baby.takia dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OMOLADY(f): 10:49am On Jul 19, 2013
Good day mothers. My baby completed one year old today and was taken to the hospital as requested to be brought. When she was weighed, she weighed 7kg and the doctors started complaining of her weight that she is too small. Pls can recommend any drugs or anything i can use for her. She is a CONSUMER(thats she eats good food and a lot)i dnt just know why she is so small. Pls Advice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
Happy happy happy birthday to your babies!!!(ify's world and Omo lady), many more joyful and prosperious years ahead!

@ Omo lady, what was the doc's recomendation abi na only complain him just dey complain? Am sory I dnt knw what to advice, would have said you try giving her vitamines/multivitamines/oranges but you already said she is a consumer! Hope she start adding soonest.

@ify do what you'r comfortable with ooo and leav side-sayers. WHO says breasfeed till two years, our mothers say 1yr, me I say 10months(ONLY A WISH OOO!lol). They can get what they need from peak 123?
***i tap this your twin anointing for my next preg ooo***
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
@OMO LADY,is she taking any multivatamins,my baby is also a consumer naturally but now i give her Mim & cod liver oil which makes her eat extra and she has added more weight.Maybe u can try that too,cheers!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honeyyetty(f): 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
OMO LADY: Good day mothers. My baby completed one year old today and was taken to the hospital as requested to be brought. When she was weighed, she weighed 7kg and the doctors started complaining of her weight that she is too small. Pls can recommend any drugs or anything i can use for her. She is a CONSUMER(thats she eats good food and a lot)i dnt just know why she is so small. Pls Advice
maybe she's on d smaller side,or u place her on wellkid multivitamin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 4:52pm On Jul 19, 2013
hey IMURBOSS, pls what brand of codliver oil are U using? my baby reacted to seven seas and Doc said it has imitations but she cant remember d name of a good one(imagine!). pls tell. thanks!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
adetunrayo: Hi sweet mothers,quite a while.my issue is about my 4 months baby prefaring 1 bosom to d other.I noticed this when she was a month plus.Now she doesn't want 2 suck the right breat @ all except d left.This has made d bosom smaller than d other, plus low milk productn.I just want 2 know if there is no side effect.I guess I hav been used 2 d left bosom too.I we equally want 2 know what else I could do 2 increase my milk prod. It just 2 low,I tried 2 support with formular cos my baby isn't satisfy.thanks

The milk in the other breast it's soured, so she won't take it, what you do is keep pumping it out until it taste sweet again..

It happened to milk, so I gave up breastfeeding at 4 month...using formula. I no wan. One b reast come big pass d other.

But right now, the b reast has come to same size.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
hello, can i give my 11 months old vita guard (GNLD Product) as any use it before? Pls, advice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honeyyetty(f): 7:57am On Jul 21, 2013
Good morning mums, pls I need an urgent answers to this: pls can I give my 7 months baby ovaltine mix with Sma, and when can she start taking agbo jedi-jedi?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2013
Hi Moms...I'm in dare need of a weightless plan that have worked. I want to encourage my Dear wife best I can, so please if any one knows a link to a Google + Nigerian weight loss community that will go along way. Or a nutritionist who is a Nigerian and got a blog that would help. Cause most of what I find on the internet talk of fibers that are not available here. Thanks all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
MrMexs007: Hi Moms...I'm in dare need of a weightless plan that have worked. I want to encourage my Dear wife best I can, so please if any one knows a link to a Google + Nigerian weight loss community that will go along way. Or a nutritionist who is a Nigerian and got a blog that would help. Cause most of what I find on the internet talk of fibers that are not available here. Thanks all
Losing weight is very easy. I would advise that she should not crash diet. combining healthy diet and exercise, she would definitely lose the weight. instead if amala she can eat wheat, she shod stay off minerals instead take freshly squeezed juice. minimize oil, eat egg without the yolk. a diet high in protein is very helpful. there is lot more changes she can make.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
I have a meal plan that I got off a blog, if you can send me your email address, I can send it to you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by uyogabie(f): 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
@Ify's world,do what your heart tells you o.I only gave my opinion.If you can continue with the breast feeding,fine.If you can't,it's all good.Breast feeding Twins is not beans o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by slim05: 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
Hi everyone, I realised getting clothes and accessories for babies is not so easy in this country, it's either of low quality or those with good quality are overly expensive. I sell baby stuff from the UK at reasonable and affordable prices, you can also place your demands and i will place orders for you. Please note: I am in Lagos and you get to pay on delivery except in rare cases. Thank you all, may God bless our children.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 1:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
@OMO LADY,I use seven seas o & my baby has not reacted to it,although she doesn't like taking it maybe because of the smell but i force her to take it,but i dont know of any other one, u can check at a good pharmacy around u.Hope this helped a bit

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
Thanks imuboss. I'l check around.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hi all, how are ur kids doing? Pls i really need ur help on this, ever since my wife gave me a son, her stomach is never the same again, her stomach just too big, and i dont seems to like it at all, pls how can she regain her flat tummy back or at least lesser than it is right now?..... Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2013
mr Ayo. if she did a CS, it may not come down immediately. if not CS, then she has to start tummy excercises and u can help her achieve this by supporting her. if she just had d baby, then she can do the tying of wrapper thing thightly around her womb area

itsmelex: Omegemi, Not that the fragrance of agnessia is bad I just dont fancy it, I like that apealing baby smell my baby's powda gives compared to the agnesia when I used it, but it worked greatly and thats what counts!
#na me complain na, not Pretty Trust.lol.

Ehn, help us tell ify ooo! Been with notepad and pen as regards that nta and she has not come to explain ooo
sorry for d mix up. correction taken.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 1:19am On Jul 23, 2013
Thanks @omogemi, the thing is the baby has even grown to a son, because he is over a year old now, that is really my concern,......
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honeyyetty(f): 6:34am On Jul 23, 2013
grin Why am I been ignored on this thread,means this tread is nt what I tot it is.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 6:58am On Jul 23, 2013
NO
honeyyetty: Good morning mums, pls I need an urgent answers to this: pls can I give my 7 months baby ovaltine mix with Sma, and when can she start taking agbo jedi-jedi?
I was also waiting to see replies to your question. However, I went thru other previous posts & the answer is NO. No chocolate drinks for babies less than a year old, they contain way too much sugar.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honeyyetty(f): 6:59am On Jul 23, 2013
honeyyetty: Good morning mums, pls I need an urgent answers to this: pls can I give my 7 months baby ovaltine mix with Sma, and when can she start taking agbo jedi-jedi?
I dnt think this thread is wat I tot it was, can't believe I'm Been ignored.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 7:44am On Jul 23, 2013
honeyyetty: grin Why am I been ignored on this thread,means this tread is nt what I tot it is.
dear, its not that you are being ignored as u have put it, its just that mums on this thread feels that some questions are better left unanswered i guess, because we have been campaigning against self medication here because its not safe..... But to answer ur question as a yoruba man now!! My mum gave us agbo jedi jedi for our baby boy when we starts introducing other foods to him after the six month ebf....... So the choice is urs and always look out for alergies as u give ur child anything........
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 8:01am On Jul 23, 2013
Honeyyetty Dear! Personally I had no idea at all to your inquiries oh! In fact, I was looking out for answers on the ovaltin part. Sorry you felt that way. Not all questions may be answered as some mums may be in doubt and some may have been answered befor.

Wow. Now you got lots of mum and DAD on your question!lol.... oya take this e-hug unbehaf of all the mum on this thread..***hugs***lol

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2013
@honeyetty, no be so o, evryone thot someone wud answer ur question, at d end no one did grin. Hope the answers you got are satisfactory. Personally I gave my older son agbo when he stopped EBF, but small quantity. Also don't give the baby ovaltine till she's at least a year old.

@ayorbamy. Has ur wife stopped breastfeeding? If so then she shud watch her diet. She shud reduce her carbs intake (rice, swallows like eba etc), eat small quantities of food at intervals, she should also watch her sugar intake. Funny thing with M̶̲̅ε̲̣ is that my stomach became flat after I had my first son via cs. Now with my 2nd natural birth, d stomach no wan gree come down embarassed. Thank God for Ramadan atleast my weight is finally almost back to normal grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbie(f): 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
Hello to all mothers here! Thumbs up,you all are really a special gift from God and this thread I must confess has been helpful to me.pls I hv a question but dnt kn if it has been answered,my baby girl turned 5months on the 19th july,I want to introduce semi solid food which I will like to prepare myself, what are the basic foods I can start with,though tin food can serve as supplement later! How do I prepare them?she takes feeding bottle anytime I express, I need answers cos my girl wouldn't allow me eat my own food,always licking her mouth anytime me and my husband is eating.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 4:56am On Jul 24, 2013
@Debbi, U can start with pap first, thier tender stomach tolerates that. If you decide to introduce tin food, start with a light cereal like rice, leav wheat till she is much older(this is from my own experience oh, she may tolerat it).

Cant remember all now but U could try these:
-peeled apple boiled and mashed
-irish or sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed ( I add crayfish, titus and tiny magerine or olive oil while cooking and blend all together)
-blended oats(to smooth whil dry), cook and add milk
-well cooked and mashed peeled beans(I introduced this at about 9mnths and very minut quantity..not much at all)
-egg yoke (somtimes I add this to well cooked/mashed white rice)
-yougut

These are the ones I can remember now. I'l sugest you try the pap for 2-3wks first befor gradualy introducing any other thing U feel lik. I started my baby on solid at exactly 6mnths! pap is mild, you can make it very light...dnt forget U introduc a food at a time and wait for like 4days before introducing another(I waited upto a week to intro new food cause my boy is very sensitive...but now two days max)

In all sis, do what you'r comfortable with and if you'r very confused visit the ped. Heard every mum has great instinct, don't ignor yours now!

All the best

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 6:50am On Jul 24, 2013
Wow. Nice tips. With d boiled apples, how long do u boil yours, also do u add milk to it? Will try d grinded oats with milk for my 6mo old.
Something else you can try is banana smoothie. Just blend banana with baby milk and a little water. Kids love it wink

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 10:54am On Jul 24, 2013
Yeah I forgot that! But I dont add milk again to the banana as its already sweet to me. will try adding a litle and see. I've never added milk to the apple oh, I gues some people do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by debbie(f): 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for the tips! Pls for how long will I boil the fruits? Can it be stored in the fridge for how long? I hear sm pple say de don't put baby fomular in the pap,but use breast milk.how do I put vegetable in de pap? Am gathering my stuffs together.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hello mothers in da house, M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ baby will be 5mths by weekend. He has been on EBF but I intend introducing solid to him when he is exactly 5mths. D major problem am facing is dat initially he does not poo for like 3days or more nd I was told not to bother abt dat. But recently say like 6weeks now he poos like 3/4 times a day such dat it comes of out his diaper. Tot he is teething nd didn't take it serious initially. When it persits I took him to d clinic nd he was tested for malaria which came out negative nd his stool was cultured nd he was given some antibiotics nd oral rehydration salt. Yet no visible change. D doctor made me understand dat teething does nt make a baby poo. I have checked by diet, don't take sugar, withdraw taking milo. Pls wat am I supposed to do dat am yet to cos its really giving me concern nd can I go ahead to still introduce solid to him now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.