Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,275 members, 7,881,035 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:18 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4479852 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 2:01am On Oct 21, 2015
stadora:

Pls wr n hw did u buy ur b.pump. n how much?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:27am On Oct 21, 2015
Rhukie:
Good afternoon mothers, My friend wants to buy baby carrier but she is confused about which to buy i.e front carrier or back carrier?

Front carrier with good thigh support and baby should be facing towards the chest. A back carrier= might as well tie wrapper (cheaper).

Boba (wrap carrier)
Infantino (strap carrier)
Infantino mei tai (wrap carrier that is a sash, some people find it hard to use)
Baby Bjorn (strap carrier that was the most popular but people are concerned because it doesn't have thigh support and baby's legs are dangling. Doctors say it's fine sha. I have one and they tend to run big so smaller babies need time to grow in them).
Ergobaby (strap carrier, the best on the market right now and the priciest sturdy and distributes weight so momma doesn't feel the pain at her shoulders the more baby grows).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 7:42am On Oct 21, 2015
Onegai:

Front carrier with good thigh support and baby should be facing towards the chest. A back carrier= might as well tie wrapper (cheaper).

Boba (wrap carrier)
Infantino (strap carrier)
Infantino mei tai (wrap carrier that is a sash, some people find it hard to use)
Baby Bjorn (strap carrier that was the most popular but people are concerned because it doesn't have thigh support and baby's legs are dangling. Doctors say it's fine sha. I have one and they tend to run big so smaller babies need time to grow in them).
Ergobaby (strap carrier, the best on the market right now and the priciest sturdy and distributes weight so momma doesn't feel the pain at her shoulders the more baby grows).
Thank you for the detailed explanation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pelupelu: 8:50am On Oct 21, 2015
Goodmorning mothers,I want to stop ebf for my twins @ 4 month.pls help with d list of food that can be given to them and can I add soya beans to their pap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 9:01am On Oct 21, 2015
It sure will last depends on how much quantity u apply on ur lo. I bought mine at 2months ago nd I've not used up half of its content. U will definitely luv ur baby's complexion wen u start using it.
I read on here abt its wonders until I experienced it *wink*

hotmum:

the bottles are quite small.pls how long do dey last for u. Make i no weda i go start to dey squeeze my pocket.
And wil it make my baby look like ajebo? Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sexiebecky(f): 10:19am On Oct 21, 2015
Onegai:

Ohhhh I typed one very beautiful response before o! Okay...

Natural hair is not stubborn, it is curly, dry and very fragile. So all that aggressive combing is why women weren't growing their hair long. Here's what I do.

Use a wide-toothed comb like the one below. Anything smaller is entering very curly hair and snagging in it, causing you to pull harder, causing her to scream in pain. So A WIDE-TOOTHED COMB IS A MUST.

Comb hair ONLY when wet. African hair is the driest and needs moisture (water) constantly. And curly hair detangles better when wet so it is easier to comb. So wet hair.

Once you wet the hair or it's damp, apply either a light absorbing oil like Olive or Coconut oil or a thick butter like Shea (ori) or Cocoa butter to the hair and massage it lightly.

Hair must be damp or wet (wet is better). Then comb gently.

No need to shampoo daily (unless your baby is a professional footballer at her tender age, her scalp is not getting dirty that often) and shampoo is drying to Natural African hair. So maybe once or twice a week (unless you're treating something skin related on her scalp with a medicated shampoo).

Also abeg don't do all those painful tight styles like puff or braids right now. I hate seeing babies with tight hairstyles holding their heads in pain and having traction alopecia (the hairlineof the head is chopping).

Check out this blog: www. naturalnigerian.com she and her daughter have natural hair. Or just ask me (I will do my best to answer)
oh! Thanks dear,I tried it dis mornin and it works. Am greatful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cancerlib: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2015
Mothers pls can I do a full blood count test in any lab, and how much is d price range
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adiahabasi: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2015
stadora:

Pls wr n hw did u buy ur b.pump. n how much?
. pump prices differ,depending on the make and if its manual,single electric or double electric. Most pple buy from either d US or d UK,but if u are not travelling for now and dont have anyone coming soon...check big baby stores around u. Medela is a very good brand...i used medela harmony manual...it was approximately 8k ..thats because it is manual..d electric ones are as high as 40k and cld even be more.My advice is go to a big baby store in your area....check the ones they have and the prices..then you can go back home google their reviews and decide on d one to buy.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lamdec(f): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2015
A lot of people have been saying their baby cries a lot, as a FTM my baby also cries a lot, he can cry for Africa but I always knew something was wrong, I was told it's colic and he will outgrow it, at a time I thought he wasn't getting enough milk so I got NAN 1 for him, so I was sure he's getting enough milk but he still cries, I went to see about 3 doctors cos my instinct kept telling me he's not fine, twas the third doctor who suggested I change his formula to a lactose free formula that my baby might be lactose intolerant, so I changed his formula to Ismail and that was it, his crying stopped.
So my advice is start by introducing formula if you think your baby is not getting enough, if that doesn't solve the problem try to ascertain that it's colic which the baby will outgrow, if by 3 months your baby still cries a lot, try a lactose free milk.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lamdec(f): 11:01am On Oct 21, 2015
In other news, since I have changed formula from NAN1 to Isomil, I want to sell the remaining NAN 1 I have at home, I have about 5 tins, I am selling at 1200 each and I won't mind if I can sell the five at once, I stay around Abraham adesanya in Ajah, so if you stay around Ajah to lakowe axis and you are interested, please Holla. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:23am On Oct 21, 2015
stadora:

I bot d silver type 2 bt was surprised 2 notice dat d water doesn't stay up2 24hrs. Pls wot do u min by fully immerse in water, Mayb I shud try it, cos I ve already abandoned d flask n I regret buyin it.

One of the instructions on the leaflet is do not fully immerse in water

That is, when washing don't dip the flask into a basin of water. Dipping it into a basin of water can spoil it.

How much did you buy it?
I bought mine, 1.8 litres for #2500 last year

When I get home, I will post the pix of the instructions
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 11:37am On Oct 21, 2015
RedCapChief:

My 2 cents. Pregnant women with diastasis recti are not treated until after delivery and not every woman has complete resolution. Any major intervention done now may fail because the growing uterus will always exert pressure on your lax abdomen. Postpartum you may need to see a physiotherapist for abdominal reconditioning. Don't just do any form of exercise you see on the internet because they can increase the tension on your abdomen and worsen the condition.
Surgery is also an option, but it is also done post-partum.
Av got that condition too. If I do d surgery now, will it stay closed wt subsequent pregnancies?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 11:44am On Oct 21, 2015
MiracleMum:

continous vomiting, loss of appetite, weight loss and running of temperature. sorry am just seeing this.
Thanks dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 11:49am On Oct 21, 2015
Pls can I use ready-made groundnut to Mk tombrown in place of fresh one?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Peach45(f): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2015
Good day mama in d house,had issue bothering me.got pregnant last year n had d baby thru CS n my baby is 7month plus . Want to know wen it's safe to conceive n give birth normal cos I don't want to go thru pain again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
Peach45:
Good day mama in d house,had issue bothering me.got pregnant last year n had d baby thru CS n my baby is 7month plus . Want to know wen it's safe to conceive n give birth normal cos I don't want to go thru pain again.
My dear if you're going to try for a successful VBAC then it's best you wait till your baby is 18months or 2years or more sef before conceiving again.
Find a Dr who does VBAC, he/she would be in a better position to advice you.
Other sabi mamas go answer you too.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by betty1983(f): 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
hi esteria, pls i just sent u a pm, pls check ur box. thanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
esteria:
It sure will last depends on how much quantity u apply on ur lo. I bought mine at 2months ago nd I've not used up half of its content. U will definitely luv ur baby's complexion wen u start using it.
esteria:

please what cream is this?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
RedCapChief:

Ultrasound scans are highly dependent on the skill of the operator. One sonologist can see a boy whereas another will see a girl. That is why I advise women to wait for mid-late third trimester if they want to have a definite answer.

My 2 cents. Pregnant women with diastasis recti are not treated until after delivery and not every woman has complete resolution. Any major intervention done now may fail because the growing uterus will always exert pressure on your lax abdomen. Postpartum you may need to see a physiotherapist for abdominal reconditioning. Don't just do any form of exercise you see on the internet because they can increase the tension on your abdomen and worsen the condition.
Surgery is also an option, but it is also done post-partum.

thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
make una epppp me o. its raining cough and cataarh in my house (both kids 4months & 2 yrs), we have gone to hospital, tried cod liver oh, eliminated any possible allergy trigger still....................... eppp me o with natural methods, i am becoming frustrated
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DFJ12: 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
All thanks to Favouredgal that introduced me here.good day mamas.pls my 10 weeks has rashes on her face.guess its heat rashes, av bought baby tribotan but its peeling her body so I guess its too harsh.I also bought AGNESIA powder but any suggestions will be appreciated pls.tank u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beegail1(f): 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
Good day everyone, please will like to know, my baby of 3weeks +5days has catarrh n I used otirivin drops for n after DAT he started with cough n he coughs like he has something stuck in his throat. Someone said he is clearing his system days why he coughs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 3:22pm On Oct 21, 2015
Mamas in d house,abeg,dis is ma 1st post here,pls,wat could b d cause of frequent yawnin in babies,my baby is just 9days old

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
Its sebamed baby body milk nd sebamed baby body wash

mitche15:
please what cream is this?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
Ok, will check it rite away

betty1983:
hi esteria, pls i just sent u a pm, pls check ur box. thanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
Okay!
esteria:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 5:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
stadora:

I bought tommy tippee manual b.pump for 8k. It's good but tedious to pump and its not convenient for a working mum. I changed to Evenflo single electric b.pump (@ 19,500) and its serving me well. I bought both on konga.com.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2015
happymama:
Mamas in d house,abeg,dis is ma 1st post here,pls,wat could b d cause of frequent yawnin in babies,my baby is just 9days old
Mama, ur baby s fyn o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
DFJ12:
All thanks to Favouredgal that introduced me here.good day mamas.pls my 10 weeks has rashes on her face.guess its heat rashes, av bought baby tribotan but its peeling her body so I guess its too harsh.I also bought AGNESIA powder but any suggestions will be appreciated pls.tank u.
Hv u tried rising raving powder? Some mamas here hv gotten good results wt it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
esteria:

pls how much did u buy d 2. If I buy d body wash, dats his soap ba?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Mama, ur baby s fyn o.
thanks maam
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 8:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
Good day Mamas, please I want to ask o
What is wrong in me drinking cold water? I am a cold water person, but ever since my cs, my mum said cold water is not good for my condition now. Its being 3wks since my cs and I just started taking it a little though in hiding, as I can't take ordinary water much.
Secondly, my baby girl hasn't been able to pooh for 5days now, is it normal & what can I give to her to enable her pooh? I have tried giving her warm water but no show yet. Fyi, I am BF but give her warm water as well.
C: NurseKaffy4bill

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.