Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,598 members, 7,934,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 01:29 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4533171 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 12:46am On Feb 27, 2016
helovesme:

It's not good enough for the nurse to just weigh without checking the weight against a baby's weight chart and also comparing his previous recorded weight before arriving at a "diagnosis" of possible obesity. It's just wrong. Was his length and head circumference also checked?

To further allay your fears, I have checked a baby's weight chart using your baby's age and weight. He is within the 75th percentile which is very okay smiley

My son was weighed today and my health visitor is pleased with his results. As he's more active now, his weight is within the 75th percentile (last weight check at 10weeks he was at the 91st percentile) and this matches with his head circumference while his length is in the 91st percentile.

So your baby's weight is very okay

Tnks dear,i really do appreciate...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 12:49am On Feb 27, 2016
proudmom38:
Mamas pls is it adviceable 2 bathe a newborn who is not up 2 a week 3x in a day?As in warm water in d morning,cold water at noon n warm water in d nite...

Ps. D baby weighed 2.3 @ birth.

Secondly,is it gud 2 give a 4months old baby pepsi,bread n tea,biscuits n eba? Pls o,coz my eyes ve seen my ear...

Even as my jjc reach,I knw ds z sooooooo nt gud,may God help that baby cos her system z seriously being overworked..choi
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:20am On Feb 27, 2016
proudmom38:
Mamas pls is it adviceable 2 bathe a newborn who is not up 2 a week 3x in a day?As in warm water in d morning,cold water at noon n warm water in d nite...

Secondly,is it gud 2 give a 4months old baby pepsi,bread n tea,biscuits n eba? Pls o,coz my eyes ve seen my ear...
It is very wrong to bathe 2 weeks old baby 3 times a week especially with cold water. It can cause pneumonia. Wait at least 3 months and use lukewarm water both afternoon and evening. Those food r too heavy for d baby at that stage.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 6:45am On Feb 27, 2016
proudmom38:

Lack of exposure is really a bad thing....

Even if the.mum must bathe the child in the afternoon she can't just wipe down with a towel

As for the Pepsi meme I was at a party once and a young they looked juvenile to me actually couple came in with a baby of about six months. Maybe slightly older I don't know but it was a baby sha. Next thing they were pouring coke from bottle down the baby's throat. I had never seen them in my life if you see as I yelled at them. Didn't even feel awkward doing it. Why give a baby coke?

Surprised the baby is even able to swallow the eba and not vomit sef...

But what is the mum's rationale? Are there now awards for babies who eat adult food on time or what??

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 9:37am On Feb 27, 2016
babythug:

But what is the mum's rationale? Are there now awards for babies who eat adult food on time or what??

I think it's just a brazen attempt to prove to people or themselves that their child is a correct ajepako, not spoilt and she can guzzle down anything given to her just the same way you have posh parents that avoid certain meals and very meticulous with their children's diet undecided

I can just imagine them say with all pride and confidence "my pikin as you see am so dey chop anything. If you give am eba with bokoto she go finish an before you count ten". grin

I can't even give my 6months old EBA because I feel it's a complex carb and it's still too early for his digestive system.

I wonder why people are in a rush to overload their babies with such meals. They've got a lifetime ahead to guzzle down eba, tuwo, pounded yam and all sorts - so what's the rush? undecided

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 10:37am On Feb 27, 2016
rezzy:
@sayoberry, Humm my boy does not only bite, he pinches too. That their tiny teeth are so sharp.
When I get tired of speaking English, straight way, I bite or pinch him back. He doesn't get tired, as he is crying, he continues his biting or pinching.

He does it to his creche mates and other 2 years old kids in the next class. Infact, he terrorises them with bite.

When the pupils of my school just see me, they will say Mummy Flourish, Flourish can bite ooo.
mummy flourish. bite bite flourish grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 10:48am On Feb 27, 2016
helovesme:

I think it's just a brazen attempt to prove to people or themselves that their child is a correct ajepako, not spoilt and she can guzzle down anything given to her just the same way you have posh parents that avoid certain meals and very meticulous with their children's diet undecided

I can just imagine them say with all pride and confidence "my pikin as you see am so dey chop anything. If you give am eba with bokoto she go finish an before you count ten". grin

I can't even give my 6months old EBA because I feel it's a complex carb and it's still too early for his digestive system.

I wonder why people are in a rush to overload their babies with such meals. They've got a lifetime ahead to guzzle down eba, tuwo, pounded yam and all sorts - so what's the rush? undecided

grin grin grin this woman yaf kiii me ooooo grin
my 6month old can swallow bottle and poop water grin
you are correct. but I wonder why you will want t be so quick to rush your baby with food that won't even do any help. I remembered one time I took the twins out to a relative. she was drinking yoghurt " fan choco" .next thing I heard my twin girl slurping away. she don chook that cold thing for her mouth (at 5mnths) I told her not to give. but her ajepako mentality was taking over her brain. na so I collect my pikin sharply.

meanwhile, the twins will be one next week o. all of u interested candidates should submit applications for inlawship before then o.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dv4real(f): 11:02am On Feb 27, 2016
pls mothers in the building help meooo,dh is complaining thaat am adding weight, can a breast feeding mother take lipton...... Pls At what age should i give honey to Lo ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Deezou(f): 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
[quote author=zaynie post=43279483][/quote]

BCG @4 days
Penta1 @6weeks
Penta2 @10weeks
Penta3 @14weeks
BCG was on upper left arm,penta1 and penta2 one injection on the thigh for each round of vaccines. Penta3 two injections on both thighs. hope dis helps and sorry for the late response

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
dv4real:
pls mothers in the building help meooo,dh is complaining thaat am adding weight, can a breast feeding mother take lipton...... Pls At what age should i give honey to Lo ?

A breastfeeding mother has no business with diet.
You need to eat healthy and exercise. Exercise will burn off all the extras you dont need plus serious breastfeeding is a natural weight loss regimen.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teechudleyy(f): 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2016
[quote author=dv4real post=43297689]pls mothers in the building help meooo,dh is complaining thaat am adding weight, can a breast feeding mother take lipton...... Pls At what age should i give honey to Lo ? [/qu

Ur husband shd give u a break abeg. How old is ur baby. Breastfeed a lot. It helps with the weight. Its like magic. If u had ur baby by sectioning like me... U can't work out till eight months. And even then... Its only small small. Take long walks... Eat healthy. Ur baby can't take honey till well over one year or so. I'm not quite sure.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ejdadiva: 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
please mamas, which is the best cerelac for a year old baby, wheat, maize or honey?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 7:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
babythug:

Lack of exposure is really a bad thing....

Even if the.mum must bathe the child in the afternoon she can't just wipe down with a towel

As for the Pepsi meme I was at a party once and a young they looked juvenile to me actually couple came in with a baby of about six months. Maybe slightly older I don't know but it was a baby sha. Next thing they were pouring coke from bottle down the baby's throat. I had never seen them in my life if you see as I yelled at them. Didn't even feel awkward doing it. Why give a baby coke?

Surprised the baby is even able to swallow the eba and not vomit sef...

Maybe there's award 4 it who knws....My baby wil be 7months next week,I lack d courage 2 give him amala n d likes,talk more a baby who is not up to 5months....Na look I dey look dem ooo.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 7:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
comtem2011:
It is very wrong to bathe 2 weeks old baby 3 times a week especially with cold water. It can cause pneumonia. Wait at least 3 months and use lukewarm water both afternoon and evening. Those food r too heavy for d baby at that stage.

D baby is not up to 1wk yet o,she wil be 1wk on tuesday...Poor thing!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2016
beyedew:

Even as my jjc reach,I knw ds z sooooooo nt gud,may God help that baby cos her system z seriously being overworked..choi

U can say dat again. D funny part is d mom feels she's doing d right thing,even d husby is in support of dis rubish.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
zaynie:

A breastfeeding mother has no business with diet.
You need to eat healthy and exercise. Exercise will burn off all the extras you dont need plus serious breastfeeding is a natural weight loss regimen.
Hmm not for everybody o!
For some people during breastfeeding the body holds on to extra fat, others are hungry always.

For me breastfeeding makes me so hungry and being awake at odd hours (vigilante) does not help at all, cuz it meant I was eating at odd hours

With my first child I did not loose any weight till I weaned

This time I borrowed myself sense and started working out pretty early@5 wks pp. Also made sure I stocked my fridge with healthy stuff so even if I'm munching it's always healthy

@dv4real try and incorporate some work out into your day even if it's just a skipping rope or jumping jacks if you can't make it to the gym. Also go for healthy alternatives. Boiled Sweet potato with steamed ugwu, moinmoin, fish peppersoup Etc

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 9:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
Mamas abeg help o! My ds was pooing watery poo yesterday wit high temp, I gave him Orasure n 20mg zinc tablet plus pcm.D tempt increased dis morning n he stooled twice between 2am n 7am (very watery).I took him 2d hospital,was giving Acepol pcm suspension,Cefixime suspension n Camosunate pediatric.I've adminitered d drugs 2 him,his temperature is ok now n d poo has reduced too...My question is,should I continue giving him d zinc tablet 4 ten days as directed on d pack or stop n continue wit d medications from d hospital only? Tia
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
Double post.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 10:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
proudmom38:
Mamas abeg help o! My ds was pooing watery poo yesterday wit high temp, I gave him Orasure n 20mg zinc tablet plus pcm.D tempt increased dis morning n he stooled twice between 2am n 7am (very watery).I took him 2d hospital,was giving Acepol pcm suspension,Cefixime suspension n Camosunate pediatric.I've adminitered d drugs 2 him,his temperature is ok now n d poo has reduced too...My question is,should I continue giving him d zinc tablet 4 ten days as directed on d pack or stop n continue wit d medications from d hospital only? Tia

Glad he's improving
Pls ensure he takes the zinc for 10days
My kisses to him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LegitDiva: 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
Good evening mamas, pls is it normal for my newborn not to poo for up to five days? He is just eight days old

And how long before the umbilical cord falls off?

Kindly assist a worried FTM

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:09pm On Feb 27, 2016
LegitDiva:
Good evening mamas, pls is it normal for my newborn not to poo for up to five days? He is just eight days old

Thanks
its normal if solely on breastfeeding. but hope he has poo since birth cos he/she has to pass out meconium from d system. it can take 8, 10 or 15 days to fall off but make sure u always clean it as directed from d hospital to avoid infection. Congrats on ur newborn.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LegitDiva: 2:29am On Feb 28, 2016
comtem2011:
its normal if solely on breastfeeding. but hope he has poo since birth cos he/she has to pass out meconium from d system. it can take 8, 10 or 15 days to fall off but make sure u always clean it as directed from d hospital to avoid infection. Congrats on ur newborn.

Thanks, he has pooped d meconium.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Apple19: 4:59am On Feb 28, 2016
Good day mamas. Pls for mamas using Huggies DIAPERS, What is the difference between Little swadlers, Little Movers, Snug and Dry ...e.t.c. Also, there's one called Ultra, and the Other just Huggies....pls I dont just get it. need to buy but am so confused. And pls, if you have an idea of how much it is now I'll appreciate. I won't mind pictures too. Kindly help a ftm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 6:31am On Feb 28, 2016
LegitDiva:

Thanks

Ebf babies go for 7- days or more witout pooing, so nothing to worry about
Clean every 2-3hours, sum take up to 2weeks
My love to ur lo
Ensure u eat healthy
Hope dis help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LegitDiva: 8:09am On Feb 28, 2016
kaffy4bill:

Ebf babies go for 7- days or more witout pooing, so nothing to worry about
Clean every 2-3hours, sum take up to 2weeks
My love to ur lo
Ensure u eat healthy
Hope dis help
Thanks nurse kaffy.....its sure helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 8:16am On Feb 28, 2016
I give rice and wheat. I avoid maize because it constipates faster than the others.
ejdadiva:
please mamas, which is the best cerelac for a year old baby, wheat, maize or honey?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 10:20am On Feb 28, 2016
Apple19:
Good day mamas. Pls for mamas using Huggies DIAPERS, What is the difference between Little swadlers, Little Movers, Snug and Dry ...e.t.c. Also, there's one called Ultra, and the Other just Huggies....pls I dont just get it. need to buy but am so confused. And pls, if you have an idea of how much it is now I'll appreciate. I won't mind pictures too. Kindly help a ftm.

They all have different quality and countries hence different prices. The "just huggies" is south African product and it's the cheapest but very good. In all I prefer snug and dry, ir has a cotton feel inside but it's pricey.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 10:56am On Feb 28, 2016
kaffy4bill:

Glad he's improving Pls ensure he takes the zinc for 10days My kisses to him

Thanks my able nurse.Wil continue d zinc...How is our bae n d egbons?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:05am On Feb 28, 2016
Apple19:

Its their product line.
Little snugglers------ Preemies, newborn and up to 3months....i.e only size 1-2.
Little movers----- for those that have outgrown little snugglers.
Snug and dry------- from sizes 1-6. It has a leaklock sys that prevents leakages.
Pure and Natural------- environment friendly.
Pull ups ------- for 2yrs and above

There is the UK, USA and SA brands.
I know the SA is the one in red nylon.
The US usually come in transparent nylon in the big box.
I cant say how the UK one is sha.
Last I checked, it was 13.500(USA) for the box, that was last year before naira took a nosedive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 11:28am On Feb 28, 2016
proudmom38:

We r all doing gr8. Rgds to lil proudy and his dad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 11:53am On Feb 28, 2016
kaffy4bill:

We r all doing gr8. Rgds to lil proudy and his dad

Aiit.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2016
proudmom38:

zinc for a child less than 1yr shld b 10mg, nt 20. Gv for 10days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.