Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,991 members, 7,931,400 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 02:15 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4530392 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 10:06am On Apr 03, 2016
ahnie:
Thanks to the following person(s)...accountant zaynie,ma'am ozycy,ma'am sodiamum,ma'am mydreams25,alphahandmaiden and too numerous to mention....i took my lil madam to the hospital yesterday,what i presumed to be teething,actually turned to be serious feverish symptoms.zino was examined,and given some medications...now miss zino z back to her usual bubbly self.we went for church camp things few days prior to easter celebration..so she was exposed...and got bitten by mosquitoes....hence the sicknez.
thank God she's fine please give her plenty water and fruits while on medication
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 11:32am On Apr 03, 2016
babythug:

You just give the baby a teaspoon or less of uncooked pap. Preferably pap made by you at home or from a reliable source.

That's all
K ma, Thanks 4 d explanation
Cc mydream25
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
OloriAbdulatif:
Dear sabi mamas I throw way salute, Please I just noticed something that looks like eczema on my baby's (7 months) back, please is it possible she is reacting to frisfrisolaclso she didn't poo for a week after I started giving her, please what can I use? Nd what does ela look like, she has this redlike rash on her scalp.
Mamas pls answer me o, ftm things

Babythug, onegal, zaynie, kaffybill, and all d oda mamas
If its colour look anytin diferent from your baby s normal skin colour, ie, red or fairer or brown, den its likely its eela. Durin my own experience, shea butter was my friend, I applied vigorously to d afected area, it cleared it n d skin returned 2 normal.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
Proudmum:
Please I'm trying to introduce solid to my baby. She doesn't want to take anything apart from bbreast milk because we did exclusive. My hubby suggests I starved her for 4 hrs then offer her cereals or any other food. I'm always with her... Just 2 of us in the house. I don't have the mind to ignore her for hours without feeding her. Please is it right to starve her of breast milk for 4 hrs?
Secondly.. I force her to eat...she will be crying and pushing spoon away.. I will still hold her tight and force the food in. Please is this right?
Kindly tell me the right thing to do. And how often to feed her . I'm a first-time mum and She's 6months. Thank you
My dear, I can bear wt u in d aspect of introducin solids after ebf. I wunt tel u its an easy ride but u ll have to wear patients like cloth.
My lo acepted pap wit cow and gate formular at 1st feed, I was hapy. Only to try feedin him d next day, he rejected it abruptly. He refused it n even throw up Wen I tried to force him. I changed d formula to nan1, he took it witout throwin up, n started takin d pap wth nan1, Though nt always. Somtimes I ll have to force him aswel. This has been my feedin routine with him for now.
So keep tryin diferent food wt methods and see d 1 dat he wil accept.
God is our strenth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tynnuhluv(f): 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
lovinam:
Its also contagious. You might wanna trace to figure out where he got it from so you can avoid a repeat. Also like babythug said, make sure nyone that wants to carry him washes their hands. Wash his bedsheet often, generally step up the hygiene around the house so it doesn't get worse. Wanna consult ur pead
its from creche, will look into it very well. Tnx really appr8
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2016
smokes:
Greetings to all mothers, FTD here! My DD is 6 weeks old, the problem is that she throws up though not all the time after breastfeeding , it's become so worrisome for the mum and I, we've taken her to see her pead several times on this same issue and they rule it down to reflux, a little spit up is normal I'm told but the baby seems to puke all she's eaten sometimes, anybody experienced this before and what where the solutions . cry cry cry
my dear I experienced it o but its nothing to worry about. what I did was to break her feed for instance when my breast is film I don't allow him suck everthing at once, k give a little and allow him burp or rest before continuing its reflux. my baby had it up until 8 month even though I was already giving him solid. I applied the same principle of feeding him a little at a time. its a sacrifice may we reap the fruit of our labours in Jesus name
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
smokes:
Greetings to all mothers, FTD here! My DD is 6 weeks old, the problem is that she throws up though not all the time after breastfeeding , it's become so worrisome for the mum and I, we've taken her to see her pead several times on this same issue and they rule it down to reflux, a little spit up is normal I'm told but the baby seems to puke all she's eaten sometimes, anybody experienced this before and what where the solutions . cry cry cry
my dear I experienced it o but its nothing to worry about. what I did was to break her feed ,for instance when my breast is full, I don't allow him suck everything at once, k give a little and allow him burp or rest before continuing its reflux. my baby had it up until 8 month even though I was already giving him solid. I applied the same principle of feeding him a little at a time. its a sacrifice may we reap the fruit of our labours in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Proudmum(f): 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
stadora:

My dear, I can bear wt u in d aspect of introducin solids after ebf. I wunt tel u its an easy ride but u ll have to wear patients like cloth.
My lo acepted pap wit cow and gate formular at 1st feed, I was hapy. Only to try feedin him d next day, he rejected it abruptly. He refused it n even throw up Wen I tried to force him. I changed d formula to nan1, he took it witout throwin up, n started takin d pap wth nan1, Though nt always. Somtimes I ll have to force him aswel. This has been my feedin routine with him for now.
So keep tryin diferent food wt methods and see d 1 dat he wil accept.
God is our strenth.
Ok dear... Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 2:28pm On Apr 03, 2016
so am trying to wean my toddler and today is day 3, no fever, no headache and no breast ache. here are the steps I took and it really helped me
1. I gradually reduced the number of times I fed zino (over a period of 1 week ) until I stopped giving him during the day
2. I reduced the midnight feeding from 7 times a night to twice though it was war but I achieved it
3. I finally started the weaning process on Thursday night. took him to my mum and he has been there since
4 only my right breast was full yesterday but I started putting cold cabbage leaves on Friday and I feel that greatly prevented my breast from being engorged
5. yesterdy being sat I started feeling an ache on the right breast so I applied cold compress n it disappeared
the movie is still on going so keep your fingers crossed.
note; my cabbage leave is still firmly tucked in my firm bra and am feeling sooooooo good. was really afraid it was going to be a tough time for me that's y am soooooo happy

stay tuned!!!!! don't touch that dial lol

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 4:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
pjthatcher:

1. I gradually reduced the number of times I fed zino (over a period of 1 week ) until I stopped giving him during the day
2. I reduced the midnight feeding from [b]7 times a night [/b]to twice though it was war but I

stay tuned!!!!! don't touch that dial lol

Lol, Am not touching the dial o,
I never knew about this cabbage going until I read it on this thread, and am always having breast engorgment, will follow due process this time around.
Did you say 7times a night? shocked
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
ozycy:

Lol, Am not touching the dial o,
I never knew about this cabbage going until I read it on this thread, and am always having breast engorgment, will follow due process this time around.
Did you say 7times a night? shocked
my dear yes omy prince can suck for Africa.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 10:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
pjthatcher:

What!!!!
I tot it's a typographical error you made Der.
7 gini lipsrsealed
I drop cap for you
GOD is your strength

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beegail1(f): 12:28am On Apr 04, 2016
[quote author=Chinwendym post=44314150]Does she cry or seem in pain when she does it? My boy arches his back a lot too but ours is from being "drunk" on bm or formula! cheesy and its so adorable to watch him do it. I pray yours is nothing to worry about but if it bothers you so then take her in please to be checked! Kisses to your dd kiss

can't stop laffing at being drunk on bm. Had d same experience with D's n its fun to watch him especially wen he is full on bm or about to wake up.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 8:03am On Apr 04, 2016
Good morning house. Pls my baby has had this stuff around her bum bum for like 2 weeks now, we've been to the hospital and was told to apply tribotan but no improvement at all. Please see attached pictures

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TONYE001(m): 8:18am On Apr 04, 2016
Hello,

My boy turned six months last week. He was exclusively breastfed.

We started akamu with him; we add soya beans and NAN.

Wifey adds little sugar sometimes but I'm worried about this. I know pap is sugar itself as its eventual metabolism bus stop is glucose. I don't see a need for sugar but she insists.

What do you all think?

Best Regards.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:33am On Apr 04, 2016
Keji3:
Good morning house. Pls my baby has had this stuff around her bum bum for like 2 weeks now, we've been to the hospital and was told to apply tribotan but no improvement at all. Please see attached pictures

Hello Keji3,

The pattern appears to be along the nappy line and it would suggest it is nappy related.
What nappy & wipes are you using for her, what is your nappy changing routine and what has changed in the last 2 weeks.

Some babies have sensitive skin and can react to the chemicals used in the production of disposable nappies.
If it is the nappy she is reacting to no amount of tribotan will help.

■ Try changing her nappies to another brand.

■ Try changing her wipes to another brand - or just skip disposable wipes altogether when at home and use a damp washcloth for pee, and a good rinse for poo

■ You could change to cloth nappies and wipes to keep the fibres around her bum natural: cotton, bamboo etc no chemicals, additives etc ( cant help it - i am a fluff advocate) although you will need to change her quite frequently as well.

■ Give her some bum free time to allow air flow and for the skin to breathe. ( align this with her nappy changes- you will need a water proof mat / liner for this just in case)

■ during nappy changes, pat dry her bum after wiping and before applying your nappy cream, let air for a minute before putting on the new nappy.

Good luck

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 9:02am On Apr 04, 2016
TONYE001:
Hello,

My boy turned six months last week. He was exclusively breastfed.

We started akamu with him; we add soya beans and NAN.

Wifey adds little sugar sometimes but I'm worried about this. I know pap is sugar itself as its eventual metabolism bus stop is glucose. I don't see a need for sugar but she insists.

What do you all think?

Best Regards.

Its too early to introduce sugar to his meals. Completely unnecessary too. If she adds enough milk to the pap it'll be tasty enough for him to enjoy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 10:29am On Apr 04, 2016
pjthatcher:

same wit my prince, he sleeps max of 2 hrs even after takin pap, thats if there s lite and the fan is on. If not he wakes up in les dan 2 hrs and its only bm dat puts him back 2 sleep.
I was thinkin that by now, he ll b sleepin longer hrs.
My felow october teammates. How long does your lo sleep at a stretch?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lcoral(f): 10:33am On Apr 04, 2016
Keji3:

Ok, my baby had same like rashes and boil @ 2weeks. I tried tribotan baby but no result.
I will recommend you get BACTROBAN CREAM. It was very very effective. Apply twice daily on d affected area. Got it at 3000naira over here. Buy from a Pharmacy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamadsquare: 11:34am On Apr 04, 2016
Good morning wonderful mamas. As you care for your lo's and go to great lengths to keep them safe , may God take care of you too and you will reap great rewards for your labor over them.

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 12:45pm On Apr 04, 2016
stadora:

same wit my prince, he sleeps max of 2 hrs even after takin pap, thats if there s lite and the fan is on. If not he wakes up in les dan 2 hrs and its only bm dat puts him back 2 sleep.

Well done o
My baby sleeps around 8pm (depending on the tym she takes her bath) if I bath her earlier, I just put her to bo.oby and off she goes till around 1am
I breastfeed her asap and off she goes again till 6am and if I never ready for her matter, I breastfeed her and off she goes again till I wake her to have her bath around 8-9amor she wake up due to noise.
So we practically feed twice or at most 3tym at night .
She sleeps well during the day if there's no noise. Am lucky mehn lol

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
mamadsquare:
Good morning wonderful mamas. As you care for your lo's and go to great lengths to keep them safe , may God take care of you too and you will reap great rewards for your labor over them.
Amen

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by flakies09: 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2016
Good day mum's in house,is it advisable to introduce formula to my little prince @3mnths ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2016
[quote author=stadora post=44392845]
[/quot
its almost d same wit us,if fan is on he slps longer,wit full stomach 4 2hrs plus,we r nt yet thru wit exclusive bf sha,its well oo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
ozycy:

Well done o
My baby sleeps around 8pm (depending on the tym she takes her bath) if I bath her earlier, I just put her to bo.oby and off she goes till around 1am
I breastfeed her asap and off she goes again till 6am and if I never ready for her matter, I breastfeed her and off she goes again till I wake her to have her bath around 8-9amor she wake up due to noise.
so lucky,its well wit dem..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2016
ozycy:

Well done o
Lucky you! Mine is 10 months old n we still wake up to 4 times at night to suck. To sleep nko, that one na war.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2016
Hello everybody...
Have learnt a lot from this forum n have to share my testimony with all...
My babies clocked 6 months mar 16. Being exclusively breastfed was eager to introduce them to water and solids. Started off with puréed sweet potatoes n my boy accepted it a bit, but my girl shakara plenty.

On the 23rd Mar, whilst feeding them, my boy ate well. The sister was still spitting out the food,spoiling face n making sounds with her mouth that sounded like, yuck! So decided to put the food a lil bit from the tip of her tongue...next thing I knew she started spitting up frm mouth n nostrils...her face was red n I could see she was distressed. Took her out of her high chair fast n observed she was choking! I quickly maneuvered her n did the needful till she was ok, lil purée came out n she cried out. All the while, my nanny was trying to take her from me saying "let's pour water on her head"! A child is distressed so much she can't cry out....meaning sthg wrong with her breathing, n all she wanted to do was that!

When she was ok, I took her to a nearby children hospital as I was time with family. Next I knew the dr insisted on aspiration n antibiotics. When asked the reason, he gave me a bogus story of her vitals not being ok n all. At that point I introduced myself as a consultant and gave him a piece of my mind n took her to her pediatrician.

Please thank God with me for saving my girl. Pls baby tongue thrust was created by God, as anti-chocking mechanism. Do not try to override it. Don't force feed your baby, no matter how tempting it is. Every mother should learn basic first aid treatments, and all involved with your babies too. Imagine if it was just my nanny- though, I took her for first aid class o! Lastly, get a good pediatrician, and not one that just wants to load your babies with unnecessary drugs cos of money!

Do not say it can't happen to you...I am a dr n it sure happened to me. Pls learn from my own experience.

Funny thing is my twin boy was unusually calm all through...like he knew his sister was distressed! At the end of the day, I sat down n cried my eyes out.

19 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2016
[quote author=modath post
**My way (what works for me ) which I'm not prescribing**

You hit me, I hit right back, I won't tell you "i'll beat you <insert name here>, I go ahead & tap his/her butt. You bite me, I'm putting my teeth on your skin too... I'm all for "gentle" use of the rod!! I'm not sparing you unless you are less than 1!

I am not in obodo oyinbo, won't raise obodo oyinbo children!!cool [/quote]

That is so my method already! Yes they are jus 6.5 months plus, but the earlier the better. Moreover, it's just tapping not beating, like I tell hubby. Refuse to have a children am scared of! Modath, howdy?? How LBK??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 04, 2016
@mam Doubledouble weldone ma...lesson noted bt hw do u apply d first aid pls cn u gv us a detailed explanation,thanks....d one i watched in d movies ias by hitting d back not forcefully ogrin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2016
[quote author=Doubledouble post=44400029][/quote]

Longest time, we thank God for princess...scary indeed!

Yes oooo, the journey still far than to stumble at the start... God will help us..

Bobo K is jumpin jumpin, 8 months+ now, walking around furnitures & doing area scatter! cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
cutienik:
@mam Doubledouble weldone ma...lesson noted bt hw do u apply d first aid pls cn u gv us a detailed explanation,thanks....d one i watched in d movies ias by hitting d back not forcefully ogrin

Someone posted a link. Try downloading it for Google play store . It's baby and child first aid course

@doubledouble, thanks God for your daughter's life.

That was how I almost killed my son when he was 9 weeks old last year. I tried introducing formula with bottle, he refused. I was asked țo use spoon. He still refused, as he was crying, I just turned small directly inside his throat and gbam, he started coughing and stopped. I raised his hands up and dropped it, it was almost lifeless. I began to plead the blood of Jesus and I was shouting his name. I also blew breeze on his head and patted his back. After like 3 minutes, he opened his eyes and tears was in his eyes. I so thank God that day. I was the only one in my compound and it was 9pm.

Choking is real

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
nggie:

Lucky you! Mine is 10 months old n we still wake up to 4 times at night to suck. To sleep nko, that one na war.
Mine will be 6months next week and we are warming up to start eating adult food,cereal formula, pap and water. I can't wait grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.