Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,425 members, 7,917,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 11:17 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4513300 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 1:30pm On May 29, 2016
Stadora, have you bought the mash bowl?
I finally bot that plastic type that looks like mortar and pestle and it works just fine, I searched for the other type in my area but didn't see, I don't want to go all the way just to search for the bowl. We don launch our first mashed food this afternoon grin
Unto the next meal. You can get that too. The thing don ginger me to dey mash food, no need for muscle mashing of food @ cutienik grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 29, 2016
embarassedaahhahha....mama...nA 2 go market b my issue o..mak i check online fast.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmykay(f): 3:07pm On May 29, 2016
Good afternoon to all the sabi mamas,having gone through the thread,I am sure am in a safe place.
I have a question o,can a nursing mum take cough syrup? Am a new mum and my boy is just 3weeks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 3:59pm On May 29, 2016
sheweezy:

You have to be firm. Babies always cry but at the same time they 'gbakamu' faster than adults. My baby stopped sucking breast at 6months but sucked his finger like the finger wan comot. When i decided to stop him at 9 months. He cried and almost brought the whole house down but i ignored o. There were times i was tempted to leave him but i keep saying just one more day. It took a whole month to stop him but he has finally stopped. The thing is once he sees this woman no send me he will stop the cry eventually and accept whatever you give him.
Hope this helps

I doff hat for you.

Please what exactly did you do,share some info.

I need to get my DS to unstuck his thumb( it's his sign that he wants to sleep but I don't like it)

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 6:56pm On May 29, 2016
zaynie:

1 month? shocked shocked shocked
I don die!
I tried stopping my small madam last month. One week and I gave up.
Na slap she dey slap us if we carry her....just whining anyhow. I just gave up! embarassed
Maybe that will be our goal this holiday sha.....

Proudmum38, how long did it take u to stop lil proudy?

Sorry dis is late,was down wit malaria since tuesday nite. It took us 2days 2 stop him,tho I was tempted 2 let him be d first nite cos of cry cry but his dad said no way... Thank God It worked!

Wat I did was wear him socks on both hands nite n day...

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 7:19pm On May 29, 2016
Hapy sunday mamas,may God kip us agile 4our Los,pls,proudmum38,hpe u r fyn nw,au dd d family planin thing wnt,ws it painful..zerotolerance4pain
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 7:19pm On May 29, 2016
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 8:11pm On May 29, 2016
happymama:
Hapy sunday mamas,may God kip us agile 4our Los,pls,proudmum38,hpe u r fyn nw,au dd d family planin thing wnt,ws it painful..zerotolerance4pain

I'm getting beta sis thanks.... Talking about pain phewwww! I couldn't get myself convinced so I did not do it....We re doing d withdrawal method *covers face* till I get my period back! I no wan force am come lol....

Kaffy4bill
Zaynie
Modath
Lovinam
Ozycy

Make una no bad mouth me o,cos I gat d feeling say una wan yab me lol...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 10:55pm On May 29, 2016
dunasy:

I doff hat for you.

Please what exactly did you do,share some info.

I need to get my DS to unstuck his thumb( it's his sign that he wants to sleep but I don't like it)

Thanks in anticipation.
Well how i started was he was admited cos he had acute diarhoea then and had to take drip. The doctors couldnt find vain anywhere except the hand he sucks the finger so that was the beginning. That day, the hospital knew they had visitor cos he cried and both eyeswere swollen. He kept trying to suck the finger but couldnt. He was discharged after 4 days and i continued putting plaster round the whole palm cos he still kept trying. After a week i stopped wrapping the whole palm and started plastering just the thumb. Well there were times he sucked the finger with the plaster but of couse he didnt like it. To get him to sleep without sucking was frustrating but i was more determined mainly because he was not eating and was having repeated episodes of diarrhea which i believe he got from putting dirty hand in his mouth. I persisted for a month till he eventually forgot totally and his appetite is good now, eats adult food and no more episode of diarrhea. We finished a whole roll of plaster on top this matter.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chizzy86(f): 6:28am On May 30, 2016
Wow. I've missed you guys. Chinwendym, how's little Ekene. Ozycy, proudmom38, soonest, eminya, etc.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 6:39am On May 30, 2016
ozycy:
Stadora, have you bought the mash bowl?
I finally bot that plastic type that looks like mortar and pestle and it works just fine, I searched for the other type in my area but didn't see, I don't want to go all the way just to search for the bowl. We don launch our first mashed food this afternoon grin
Unto the next meal. You can get that too. The thing don ginger me to dey mash food, no need for muscle mashing of food @ cutienik grin
That s nice, pls can I c how it looks like n is it called mash bowl in d market. Wich category of market did u buy it, plastics or babies?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 6:44am On May 30, 2016
sheweezy:

Well how i started was he was admited cos he had acute diarhoea then and had to take drip. The doctors couldnt find vain anywhere except the hand he sucks the finger so that was the beginning. That day, the hospital knew they had visitor cos he cried and both eyeswere swollen. He kept trying to suck the finger but couldnt. He was discharged after 4 days and i continued putting plaster round the whole palm cos he still kept trying. After a week i stopped wrapping the whole palm and started plastering just the thumb. Well there were times he sucked the finger with the plaster but of couse he didnt like it. To get him to sleep without sucking was frustrating but i was more determined mainly because he was not eating and was having repeated episodes of diarrhea which i believe he got from putting dirty hand in his mouth. I persisted for a month till he eventually forgot totally and his appetite is good now, eats adult food and no more episode of diarrhea. We finished a whole roll of plaster on top this matter.

waoh!

Thank God he is much better.

I appreciate this information, lemme start strategise
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 6:48am On May 30, 2016
lovinam:
Stadora,I've used the purity brand for years. My babies never reacted to them. ( Cereal and puree). The puree should be given from a plate or the bottle if you think she can finish the bottle. The prune puree is very good to use when baby is constipated.
@ cuttestmummy, thanks for ur contributions

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 9:24am On May 30, 2016
chizzy86:
Wow. I've missed you guys. Chinwendy how's little Ekene. Ozycy, proudm om38, soones, eminy etc.
We are fine, you don run leave us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 9:26am On May 30, 2016
stadora:

That s nice, pls can I c how it looks like n is it called mash bowl in d market. Wich category of market did u buy it, plastics or babies?
From normal market. Plastic seller. Few baby shops I asked around didn't have it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:51am On May 30, 2016
proudmom38:

I'm getting beta sis thanks.... Talking about pain phewwww! I couldn't get myself convinced so I did not do it....We re doing d withdrawal method *covers face* till I get my period back! I no wan force am come lol....

Kaffy4bill
Zaynie
Modath
Lovinam
Ozycy

Make una no bad mouth me o,cos I gat d feeling say una wan yab me lol...

Proudmum! grin
Iya-berin 2017!!!!!
Legggooooo!
grin
Just tell Prouddad what you need and he will comply....I know he is up to the task

Is that badmouth lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mbula(f): 11:29am On May 30, 2016
rofemiguwa:
I Am using cussons baby wash. I don't rub lotion. I was using d oil. But I stop when the rashes was increasing. The rashes started in the clinic.immediately after birth. Noticed it the 3rd day before we were discharged. Showed the dr. She said its normal in children. It will go on its own. I shouldn't use anytin. It is 2 weeks now. The rashes have changed from white to red now. And dy are almost all over her now. M getting so scared. Our next visit is 4 weeks time to d dr. Pls which soap did u start using. And were can I buy d rising powder. I checked d baby stalls near us. Dy didn't have.

ThAnk you so much for ur response.

beautiful mamas I can understand ur worries, it could be rasges or allegry, change their soap and cream to another product.i use boots soap and coconut oil.my son had same issue wen I was using johnson soap and cream but he is ok now.here is another recipe dat works wonder for my son.after using coconut oil on him, I use agnesia powder all over his body but I rub and make sure it blends with his skin after morning bath, same with afternoon bath though no cream at noon and evening too only powder.i allow lil water to remain on his body before rubbing d powder.i wear him light clothes cuz he sweats for Nigeria . It's my mum dat brought this theory and it works wonders.......I use dettol to bath him and also iron all his clothings including bibs and face towels, body towels, wraps and wash clothes.....no be small work ooooo...datz how I was able to send rashes abi allegry packing.....now my bobo skin dey smoth like bottle.......sorry for d long sermon ...wish u luck

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chizzy86(f): 1:20pm On May 30, 2016
ozycy:

We are fine, you don run leave us
my dear. I no run again o. DS taking most of my free time. abeg, me don come back
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 2:04pm On May 30, 2016
Thanks proudmum38,ayam fearin ni,2avoid stories dt touch,mayb i wil just copy u...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 2:11pm On May 30, 2016
chizzy86:
my dear. I no run again o. DS taking most of my free time. abeg, me don come back
Welcome back
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by datcoolgeh: 5:42pm On May 30, 2016
phunmykay:
Good afternoon to all the sabi mamas,having gone through the thread,I am sure am in a safe place.
I have a question o,can a nursing mum take cough syrup? Am a new mum and my boy is just 3weeks
think u should talk to ur doctor.. 2 weeks after I had my baby I had a very serious cough. Spoke to my doctor about it and she prescribed a cough syrup that really worked very fast n I was still breastfeeding while I was taking it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 7:46pm On May 30, 2016
chizzy86:
Wow. I've missed you guys. Chinwendym, how's little Ekene. Ozycy, proudmom38, soonest, eminya, etc.

We missed u too mam. Where ve u been? Thanks 4d mention.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 7:55pm On May 30, 2016
zaynie:

Proudmum! grin
Iya-berin 2017!!!!!
Legggooooo!
grin
Just tell Prouddad what you need and he will comply....I know he is up to the task

Is that badmouth lipsrsealed

Moyee! I dodge am. No be bad mouth,na sweetmouth....I only need ibeji come 2018 den hang my boot grin...

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 2:35am On May 31, 2016
happymama:
Thanks proudmum38,ayam fearin ni,2avoid stories dt touch,mayb i wil just copy u...

Lols.

#teamwithdrawaltillmensescomes#
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chizzy86(f): 2:45am On May 31, 2016
been around o. been busy with DS.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:14am On May 31, 2016
Good morning mamas.

, my three weeks old boy is running temperature, running stool. His stomach is making some noise and it inconvenience him before passing stool. Stool is normal and not had.

We've been to the clinic and we are going again tomorrow for malaria test.

What could be the problem? I have not being myself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Proudmum(f): 6:23am On May 31, 2016
Pls sabi mamas..... una Weldon. I saw my period 2months after delivery. Since then my ovulation and menses have been irregular. I ovulate till I see my period.(my baby is 8months) I always tell my hubby I'm not safe ( the young man is worried) I even went to hospital twice.. I was told its normal that's because I'm still breastfeeding. Please I don't know if any of us here has experienced that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumFiyin: 9:56am On May 31, 2016
Morning ma'am aws d fam? Pls can u put d pic up and aw much was it.

TIA.....

ozycy:

From normal market. Plastic seller. Few baby shops I asked around didn't have it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:20am On May 31, 2016
olubankemi..sori abt dat...can u tak him to d hospital..i read u moved house..mayb its d movement u knw dust nd som oda airborne stuff..jst bothered abt d temperature..let him get checked nd b calm..it is well mama...kisses to d twins nd weldone
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:24am On May 31, 2016
Proudmum...i think its normal cuz of d breastfeedin nd how do u knw u ovulate thruout ur period,do u av an ovulation kit?

cc babythug,tchiwinne,zaynie,modath
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okitejoseph: 11:27am On May 31, 2016
findings of a study include that majority of mothers breastfeeding for 4 month while others combine artificial milk and breastfeeding. Infant feeding is a method of providing infant nutrition which includes breastfeeding, artificial feeding and complimentary feeding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 12:03pm On May 31, 2016
MumFiyin:
Morning ma'am aws d fam? Pls can u put d pic up and aw much was it.

TIA.....

Let me try, my network is usually slow
We are good.
Here is the pix
@ Stadora
I got it for #500 and the smaller one goes for #300.
# when the desirable is not available, the available becomes the desirable # grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.