Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,674 members, 7,892,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:16 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (792) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4493103 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2017
Pls house if you notice anyone trying to brew trouble,the best is to ignore the person,with shame they will carry themselves out.
One love all

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fabmummy: 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
dexterush:

I think you should hold on a bit,like 11 month- 1 yr
Oh thanks iya beji

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 3:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
I'd like to think that whoever this envynot is,she get scoin scoin for head for how can you show only when theres quarrels.
back to the matter,I was just told today that if your lo does not have the bcg scar on their shoulder you are supposed to take them back for another after 3 mths because their body did not receive it.
is this true?can anyone verify from a pediatrician.mine is 16 mths already without any scareooo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
Godmother:
Mamas happy new year. My dd of 11 weeks has this build-up of goo in her eyes. Sometimes it becomes crusty and seals the eyes. She also has a slight tempeture. She's playing but a little uncomfortable. Google says its a viral infection similar to apolo and I should use breastmilk and/or regular eye massage. Someone close to me says its worm and I should buy worm drops. I have been putting breastmilk.

My questions are:

1. Should I talk her to the hospital? My mom also said I should put breastmilk and its nothing to worry about.

2. She's due for her Penta vaccine tomorrow. The first one knocked her out so badly so I'm thinking of postponing since she's already not so fine. Should I still go ahead with the vaccination? Has any mother experienced anything similar?

Most likely conjuctivitis. Its quite common especually if she has had a cold recently.
Keep the eye clean.

Use on cotton pad per eye per wipe.
Dip in warm water and wipe from inner to outer.

Make sure you wash your hands before and afterwards and try to wash or wipe baby's hands at regular intervals as she is likely to be rubbing the eyes.

For the temerature you may want to give some infant paracetamol if she gets too unsettled.

It should clear in a few days.

For the vaccination. Why not take her to the hospital and let the nurses/doctor decide if she is well enough to take it. That way you are getting the right info from the source.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
Abiagirl777, the scar might not show outwardly, try to feel the site of the vaccine, u should feel a little something lol, or take him to a phc near you, explain to the nurse and let her check, if she doesn't feel it, she would tell u when to come for a repeat vaccine.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2017
Hello mama's pls let us all live on luv, dis is new year o joor make una try change small.
Time to rant
My bb received penta today nd he has been crying nd d nurse said I should not give paracetamol, how do u mama manage the situation?
Cc all Sabi mama's
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebony13: 4:48pm On Jan 11, 2017
@Abiagirl777 that's what we were told at my hospital. If no scar, it means it didnt take and should repeat the vaccine.

Helli mommas pls i need help o! My baby girl of 4 months has started this habit of sucking her tongue. Even when she's not hungry. Pls how do i stop her pls?
I see children sucking their tongues and it's not a nice sight and besides the sound is so annoying.
Help me mbok.

Also if any mama here wants to sell car seat pls contact me. Preferably the infant to toddler type.

Thanks mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebony13: 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
Roseval kpele. That penta vaccine is painful mehn.

My hospital (national hospital) they ask us to give pcm every 3 hours. I wonder y the nurse asked you not to. They even ask us to massage d spot gently with warm water.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2017
ebony13:

My hospital (national hospital) they ask us to give pcm every 3 hours. I wonder y the nurse asked you not to. They even ask us to massage d spot gently with warm water.

maybe I should give him pcm, cos he is really hot now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebony13: 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2017
roseval:

He's really hot? Pls give him o.. 0.4 mls for the pcm drops.
Please its not good to let him run temp abeg

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
ebony13:

He's really hot? Pls give him o.. 0.4 mls for the pcm drops.
Please its not good to let him run temp abeg
just gave him now, imagine my bb refuse to suck since after D injection
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
dexterush:

Ije buns grin,if you can't take the heat leave the kitchen. If baby's demand is too much on you,he might not even be getting enuf self,biko introduce formula,or express the milk to be sure of wat your baby is getting before accusing the baby of sucking too much tongue

Lol
It was my post that brought him here. He's my runaway friend. No mind am. He's just trolling me. That's his own way of telling me congratulations, I think.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2017
ebony13:

Please massage the thigh he took the injection with COLD water if it's hard/swollen. If possible wrap icecubes inside a towel and use.

Sorry about the temperature, can be really stressful. Calm down, pray, administer pcm. If you can, back the baby and be dancing up and down.

Kpele, don't worry, this also shall pass.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2017
roseval:

What's his weight? 0.4 does not work within 3 hours, give his weight x 15. E.g.if he weighs 4kg, give 0.6 (4x15=60=0.6). 6kg = 0.9 etc.

Repeat every four hours while he's running temp but please don't give more than three times in a day (3 times max within 24 hours)

Please forgive my formular, I no know maths.

Also this formuler is for local paracetamol e.g.emzor, panda. Please don't use with the butti ones like calpol.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2017
roseval:
Hello mama's pls let us all live on luv, dis is new year o joor make una try change small.
Time to rant
My bb received penta today nd he has been crying nd d nurse said I should not give paracetamol, how do u mama manage the situation?
Cc all Sabi mama's

Not give pcm ke? That nurse is joking o. I was also asked to give my dd every 4-6 hours when she took the first dose 4 weeks ago.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeejaylere(f): 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2017
Also if any mama here wants to sell car seat pls contact me. Preferably the infant to toddler type.

Hello ma'am , car seat available for sale, trying to send u a mail thou
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preciousan(f): 9:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
sabi sabi mamas, i greet una o,happy new year!
please am having a serious issue here,has any one ever experienced this and what i can do to take care of it.because everyone i meet doesn't even know what causes it.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 11:40pm On Jan 11, 2017
preciousan:
sabi sabi mamas, i greet una o,happy new year!
please am having a serious issue here,has any one ever experienced this and what i can do to take care of it.because everyone i meet doesn't even know what causes it.
Ehn,papa ajasco syndrome grin
Don't mind me oh,its only eela I know that does that.maybe you should see a pead.

MizMyColi:

Lol
It was my post that brought him here. He's my runaway friend. No mind am. He's just trolling me. That's his own way of telling me congratulations, I think.
Na love cos am,lemme too goan look for someone that will be trolling me smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 11:43pm On Jan 11, 2017
dexterush:

Ehn,papa ajasco syndrome grin
Don't mind me oh,its only eela I know that does that.maybe you should see a pead.

Na love cos am,lemme too goan look for someone that will be trolling me smiley

I wish you gulockgrin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 11:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
ebony13:
@Abiagirl777 that's what we were told at my hospital. If no scar, it means it didnt take and should repeat the vaccine.

Helli mommas pls i need help o! My baby girl of 4 months has started this habit of sucking her tongue. Even when she's not hungry. Pls how do i stop her pls?
I see children sucking their tongues and it's not a nice sight and besides the sound is so annoying.
Help me mbok.

Thanks mamas
When ever she brings out her tongue,tap it gently till she takes it back,be consistent she will stop,cos if you don't stop her now,it will be harder to stop her later.
For the car seat I have this one,lemme know if you are interested.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebony13: 12:29am On Jan 12, 2017
Tojued:

Please massage the thigh he took the injection with COLD water if it's hard/swollen. If possible wrap icecubes inside a towel and use.

Ehen, when i was a preggy mama, I read here cold water, when i went for immunization, during lecture the nurse said warm water. I raised up my hand and asked, warm water or cold water? She said No, WARM water.

I'm guessing diff hosp with their rules, afterall her hosp asked her not to take pcm in the first place.

Thanks dexterush. She doesn't bring out the tongue while sucking but i would start tapping her mouth gently. Hopefully she figures out why i tap her mouth and stop.

For d car seat, I want the bigger one. Thanks

Ohk beeejaylere. Would reply now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by inikamoze(m): 12:53am On Jan 12, 2017
Hello Mothers and Fathers in the house. Please what can any of you recommend for my boy's hair to make it soft for combing and stay soft afterwards. My wife uses her own biggest comb on his hair but he still cries while its being combed even after rubbing the hair with lots of baby oil. He is going to turn 6months soon and is blessed with rich thick hair.
Any suggestions?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 1:01am On Jan 12, 2017
Tojued:

Sorry about the temperature, can be really stressful. Calm down, pray, administer pcm. If you can, back the baby and be dancing up and down.

Kpele, don't worry, this also shall pass.
Kikikikikkikik thanks that what we have been doing o, singing
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 1:02am On Jan 12, 2017
Tojued:

What's his weight? 0.4 does not work within 3 hours, give his weight x 15. E.g.if he weighs 4kg, give 0.6 (4x15=60=0.6). 6kg = 0.9 etc.

Repeat every four hours while he's running temp but please don't give more than three times in a day (3 times max within 24 hours)

Please forgive my formular, I no know maths.

Also this formuler is for local paracetamol e.g.emzor, panda. Please don't use with the butti ones like calpol.
he is 5.3 o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 1:05am On Jan 12, 2017
Godmother:

Not give pcm ke? That nurse is joking o. I was also asked to give my dd every 4-6 hours when she took the first dose 4 weeks ago.
I wonder o

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 1:20am On Jan 12, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Most likely conjuctivitis. Its quite common especually if she has had a cold recently.
Keep the eye clean.

Use on cotton pad per eye per wipe.
Dip in warm water and wipe from inner to outer.

Make sure you wash your hands before and afterwards and try to wash or wipe baby's hands at regular intervals as she is likely to be rubbing the eyes.

For the temerature you may want to give some infant paracetamol if she gets too unsettled.

It should clear in a few days.

For the vaccination. Why not take her to the hospital and let the nurses/doctor decide if she is well enough to take it. That way you are getting the right info from the source.

Ok. I give pcm every 4-6 hours. Will take her today. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 1:23am On Jan 12, 2017
dexterush:

If the eye is bothering you so much pls take her to the hospital,breast milk is for the tummy not eye.
You can just wipe clean warm water and cotton wool occasionally, with time it will clear.

For the vaccine pls don't joke with it,administer pcm before going and like 5 min after the vaccine,your lo will be fine

Breastmilk is actually good for eye and ear infection, so says Google.
I'll do the warm water treatment and take her for the vaccine today.
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 5:02am On Jan 12, 2017
I heard that one should use cold water compress for swelling at the first 48hrs and after 48hrs, use warm water(application of heat) to swelling caused by vaccination. This is from a doc though and I used it when Ds took 6weeks immunization.

Tojued, I like this your maths oh, *off to jot this formulae in my momma knows best book wink*

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Haleematm(f): 8:10am On Jan 12, 2017
roseval:
Time to rant
Cc all Sabi mama's
the nurses told us to use paracetamol after d immunization but my Dr said No! i followed my Dr's advice and to God be the glory we are 5months already. The Drs av their reasons for telling us not to use it but d decision is ours to make.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 8:56am On Jan 12, 2017
ebony13:

Thanks dexterush. She doesn't bring out the tongue while sucking but i would start tapping her mouth gently. Hopefully she figures out why i tap her mouth and stop.

For d car seat, I want the bigger one. Thanks

Yeah,babies are smarter than we think,am sure she will stop.
No p,uwc
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 9:03am On Jan 12, 2017
inikamoze:
Hello Mothers and Fathers in the house. Please what can any of you recommend for my boy's hair to make it soft for combing and stay soft afterwards. My wife uses her own biggest comb on his hair but he still cries while its being combed even after rubbing the hair with lots of baby oil. He is going to turn 6months soon and is blessed with rich thick hair.
Any suggestions?
Your wife should stop using her comb on him to avoid giving him dandruff,she can get him a bigger comb for his use alone. To soften his hair,you can get baby hair conditioner to wash his hair with,and avoid combing when the hair is dry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 9:29am On Jan 12, 2017
Inikamoze apply a generous amount of Shea butter to the hair and comb with a wide tooth comb it should help. Also if the hair combing is causing him too much distress abeg trim am small till he gets to the age you want to take it off completely.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.