Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,859 members, 7,872,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:33 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (801) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4473697 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
Chaiii make God help me o
zaynie:

One breast is usually bigger but not obviously so.
If it is obviously so it means baby sucks one more than the other. Maybe because you favour one position or one tip is more pronounced or less achy.
Try to balance things up.
I knew someone with this kind of ish, it didnt correct itself after weaning the child off. Until she had a second baby.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 3:30pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hello mamas.i travelled witout baby for 3days.my breast is so engorged.i am back now.i have pumped the pain is still there.what can i do.

Thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2017
rofemiguwa:
Hello mamas.i travelled witout baby for 3days.my breast is so engorged.i am back now.i have pumped the pain is still there.what can i do.

Thank u

Have you tried taking pain relief medicines?
You should.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ambient: 8:30am On Jan 30, 2017
rofemiguwa:

Thank u
My dear I went to camp for four days without my baby and it was so painful I took only ibuprofen and made sure my baby sucked continuously .am fine now.sorry dear

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 9:30am On Jan 30, 2017
Cold feet:
Dip a cotton wool in a saline solution you can get it from a pharmacy! Clean the affected eye wiping once to one side discard and use another wool to wipe to the other end. Do it each time the booger pools in the eyes. You may have to keep an eye on her cos this usually signifies the unset of a cold. If it doesn't go away or becomes red and itchy please take her to see a doctor.

Cc sixx

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoddy(f): 4:10pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hello mama, happy new week. 10 months DS was just throwing up for 10days no matter the food I fed him with. He couldn't take anything except bm and would throw up sometimes too. So we went to clinic only to tell us that the soybeans we just introduced to him one week past was the cause. The doctor made us realise that soybeans is meant for one year above and one of the allergic foods not intended for babies. He recommended we go back to 6 months first food - Banana, Oats, Rice, Potatoes, apple, and cereals. No force feeding. 3-6 spoonfed is okay for him.

2days now, he's been getting better. DS is so lean and I feel sorry for everything

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2017
Make una follow me thank God o! 

1. My nipples are no longer sore
2. My boobs are now even (one is no longer obviously bigger than the other)
3. Breastfeeding is so much easier and more fun

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
What did u do?

jazzyjazz:
Make una follow me thank God o! 

1. My nipples are no longer sore
2. My boobs are now even (one is no longer obviously bigger than the other)
3. Breastfeeding is so much easier and more fun
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
For the boobies, I just let him suck like there was no tomorrow. He sucked and sucked and sucked (he enjoys sucking the boobies grin )

For the bruised nipples, I didn't do anything. I kept giving him the boobies too suck whenever he was hungry. I kept telling myself that I can't starve my boy just because I'm in pain, motherhood is not a walk in the park. So I endured with lots of tears and finally we are here

enque:
What did u do?

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sixx: 10:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
Coldfeet:

Cc sixx
Wow, thnks Mam Coldfeet, ur posts are alwys helpful. God knws hw many av shared.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
Good evening mamas, please I just got info that my baby ate his sebamed baby soap. He isn't coughing or showing any adverse reaction but is there something I should do?
Cc: Zaynie, coldfeet, helovesme.
All sabi mamas.
Happy new month mamas.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2017
beyedew:
Good evening mamas, please I just got info that my baby ate his sebamed baby soap. He isn't coughing or showing any adverse reaction but is there something I should do?
All sabi mamas.
Happy new month mamas.
Give him palm oil to drink

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:03pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ah! How come? Please take him to the hospital now

beyedew:
All sabi mamas.
Happy new month mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 6:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Ah! How come? Please take him to the hospital now

My sister, I don't even know. His nanny just told me, I haven't even gotten home. She said she just saw him locking and smacking his lips, smelled his mouth and realized he ate his soap, also a chunk out of the soap is missing. How is Ilan?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 6:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
Onaswu:

Give him palm oil to drink

Thanks ma, God bless you and yours.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
Good evening mama's. Please oh my ds has constipation. He grunts and shoes when he wants to poo and someone's he only manages to fart and then after so many screams, grunts and rolling, he will poo small.

PS - I'm breast feeding and also giving him formula.
I started with SMA gold, then I switched to NAN. I've tried tummy time, and moving his legs like he's riding a bicycle but it's not working. It's so bad it doesn't let him sleep. I've equally tried reducing the number of scoops of the formula

Abeg make una help me. It's painful to see him like that everyday. It keeps him up all night which means I'm equally up all night.
Help me oooo abeg

PS - I've not started giving him water
Cc
Alphahandmaiden
Soonest
Zaynie
Realdentist
Onegai
Enque
Coldfeet
mizmycoli

PS - he poos everyday. Issue is when he is trying to poo, it's a battle
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hmm...
It is well
Ilan is fine. Just battling with constipation
beyedew:

My sister, I don't even know. His nanny just told me, I haven't even gotten home. She said she just saw him locking and smacking his lips, smelled his mouth and realized he ate his soap, also a chunk out of the soap is missing. How is Ilan?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Good evening mama's. Please oh my ds has constipation. He grunts and shoes when he wants to poo and someone's he only manages to fart and then after so many screams, grunts and rolling, he will poo small.

I started with SMA gold, then I switched to NAN. I've tried tummy time, and moving his legs like he's riding a bicycle but it's not working. It's so bad it doesn't let him sleep. I've equally tried reducing the number of scoops of the formula

Abeg make una help me. It's painful to see him like that everyday. It keeps him up all night which means I'm equally up all night.
Help me oooo abeg

Cc
Alpha.handmaiden
Soo.nest
Za.ynie
Rea.ldentist
On.egai
En.que
C.oldfeet
mizm.ycoli

I think it was mommy Zaynie that posted it or so. Give him warm water every morning. Also mommy liftedhands said she gives one scoop less than what was specified in the feeding manual. Hope you understand?

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
I give one scoop less than what is specified in the manual. I'll try the warm water

beyedew:

I think it was mommy Zaynie that posted it or so. Give him warm water every morning. Also mommy liftedhands said she gives one scoop less than what was specified in the feeding manual. Hope you understand?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 7:51pm On Feb 01, 2017
JazzyJazz

Pele.
Ditto to what Beyedew said.

I find that water helps them poo.
We need to be giving them water religiously after they finish eating.

DD has pooped for three days straight now.
It's a miracle.
I changed her formula and I give water.

Some of them are still remaining because if I try one and she does not poo normally, I switch...all in a bid to find out the one that works for her.

Last last...Frisolac Gold won.
But it's scarce now so I use My Boy Eldorino.
They are made by the same company though....but Frisolac Gold is Bae.

Lactogen was too thick for her. Nan1 tasted too sugary in my mouth. SMA Gold has this taste of iron...I guess it's from the fish and soy extracts.

This phase will pass. No worry like me too much e hear? cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2017
mums in d house, my baby is 5months 12days, I jst introduced pap to him but he's nt taking it, I want to ask dat can I give him friso gold cereal or which cereal is appropriate for his age. Tanx in anticipation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 9:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Help me oooo abeg

Cc

PS - he poos everyday. Issue is when he is trying to poo, it's a battle
pls give him water like other mamas have suggested. It's only babies on exclusive breastfeeding that don't take water. If he's taking formula you should give water also
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
Please how often should I give him water? Is it after every bottle feeding? Or is it just in the mornings? How many hours interval?

cc mizmycoli

As I am now I'm sitting with warm water in his feeding bottle just waiting for him to wake up. I don't think I can go through tonight seeing him in pains again. Looking at him suffer today brought me to tears, and cos I was not myself, breast milk kukuma decided not to flow

Hmmmm it is well
realdentist:
pls give him water like other mamas have suggested. It's only babies on exclusive breastfeeding that don't take water. If he's taking formula you should give water also
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hallos.

How is everyone?

This motherhood no job be like am ooo. Had to resign and am now at home. My granma left this last month and we don't want the kids to start daycare that early.

@Sayoddy, sorry about her condition. Am sure she will recover fast. Did you make the soya beans yourself or you bought it? My sil wanted to help me make it but I did not oblige her cos she might not be too careful (neat) during the processing. The kids dr also did not encourage pure soya for them so I don't even get it for them.

Myy kids don't take pap, my granma asked me to always add sugar to it (a cube of st louis), but I really don't want to introduce suger to them now, pls is sugar ok? However I add horney to it and they still don't take it. What do I add to they pap to make them like it? (pap is made of millet and guinea corn).

For now I give them, gerber, (banana, strawberry n apple blend), nutrend, n I still try to make them take pap (this one na seruios fight n begging). They eat other food we eat in very very little quantity. They will be nine months in few days. Let's I forget, I add milk to alll their food.

Am I good? But I need them to be taking pap I beg, cos it reduce cost I beggy.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 01, 2017
eolowu1:
mums in d house, my baby is 5months 12days, I jst introduced pap to him but he's nt taking it, I want to ask dat can I give him friso gold cereal or which cereal is appropriate for his age. Tanx in anticipation

I was advised to wait till my babies are six months. Before introducing cereal to them. I think six months is mostly advised.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 01, 2017
@Jazzyjazz, how old is your baby? This few things work like magic: give him warm water to drink, little qty of orange (juice orange out and give him like two spoon of it twice a day, administer vit c, use warm water to press his belly (especially navel), pls, always give give warm water. It doesn't allow children to have constipation.

If your baby is on exclusive breest feed, the breast will be enough to take care of that cos breast milk they say is 60percent water. This is why children on exclusive bf don't need water.

Updated: Hmmm, I just read where you said your breast milk is not flowing well, pls give your baby warm water: just water will resolve his issue. He is not getting the enough water from your bm.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:15am On Feb 02, 2017
He's 3 weeks old. He will be 4 weeks old on Monday

I'll follow your advice
I gave him warm water 5 minutes ago and he went back to sleep!

olubankemi:
@Jazzyjazz, how old is your baby? This few things work like magic: give him warm water to drink, little qty of orange (juice orange out and give him like two spoon of it twice a day, administer vit c, use warm water to press his belly (especially navel), pls, always give give warm water. It doesn't allow children to have constipation.

If your baby is on exclusive breest feed, the breast will be enough to take care of that cos breast milk they say is 60percent water. This is why children on exclusive bf don't need water.

Updated: Hmmm, I just read where you said your breast milk is not flowing well, pls give your baby warm water: just water will resolve his issue. He is not getting the enough water from your bm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 12:19am On Feb 02, 2017
Olubankemi

Honey for children aged under 12months is a complete NO NO. honey has been known to cause botulism - a condition that kills. I bought a jar of natural honey recently and it was clearly stated that it should not be given to children under 12 months.

A mum has shared on this thread how she lost her baby to botulism.

Sugar too is a no no at this stage.

Not every baby likes pap. There are several other much healthier meals you can feed your baby. This topic has been discussed extensively on this thread and several receipes have been shared.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 12:23am On Feb 02, 2017
Jazzyjazz

Formula feeding and warm water are like 5 and 6.

Once you introduce formula, the general advice is to introduce water to prevent constipation.

Give water at regular intervals. For example, if your baby has 6 bottles of formula a day, you can give 2 or 3 bottles of water (small sips totalling 10-20ml per feed). As your baby grows older, you can increase the quantity and frequency.

Water should never be used as a meal replacement. That is, substituting formula for water when baby is actually hungry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 12:37am On Feb 02, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Please how often should I give him water? Is it after every bottle feeding? Or is it just in the mornings? How many hours interval?

cc mizmycoli

As I am now I'm sitting with warm water in his feeding bottle just waiting for him to wake up. I don't think I can go through tonight seeing him in pains again. Looking at him suffer itoday brought me to tears, and cos I was not myself, breast milk kukuma decided not to flow

Hmmmm it is well

Dearie, Pele.
If I say I cannot relate, I am lying.

Give water early in the morning and after every formula feed.
Ehen, also, be feeling his fontannelle from time to time.
If he is properly hydrated, it won't feel sunken.

About BM, have you been taking the necessaries like pap, hot peppersoup...onugbu soup etc?

It helps. Though Pap...better pap o, might make you gain weight.
Then Mom bought one paint of yellow corn, Guinea corn and Millet.....washed it extremely well after soaking for 2 days then grounded and sieved.
I was advised to make the pap watery with enough milk. I took it morning and night.

I didn't like the speed with which I was gaining weight, but for my own DD, I will do more than that sef.

(1) (2) (3) ... (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.