Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,722 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:15 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (997) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4479530 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 8:18am On Jul 06, 2017
XX01:
Thanks all for the support. It's been very traumatizing for me because I had no clue. I don't know why I felt so comfortable with her. I have been asking myself hard questions. A mum should usually have intuition about stuff like this but nothing. I keep remembering all the times I dismissed my husband's fears as nit-picking because he didn't want a live in nanny.

My first son that is usually quite vocal is now more withdrawn. How did I not see the signs? I have now restructured my business such that I don't have to be making that long journey. Taking a baby in traffic for almost 3 hrs is not a good idea.

God will continue to help our LOs.
I was Just screaming while reading your story. The truth is no one can take care of your baby like you.... If nanny's aren't working, stay home pls avd look after him. Then go BK later. Nwakauba
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 8:33am On Jul 06, 2017
enque:

ooohk!

i use a food flask for her meals .i.e the food that i have to cook and puree from home.

for cereals, I pre-mix wth milk and they just add water and feed when she is ready t eat
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CoolOne1: 8:38am On Jul 06, 2017
@XXOI, really sorry about what you went through. Some of these helps are very hard to please.Sometimes, i feel they act out of jealously for no just reason.

It is well with our kids IJN.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:06am On Jul 06, 2017
babythug:

@ XX01 this sums it up aptly! Don't beat yourself up about it! Thanks God the little one is fine. Encourage your first son to speak out more no matter what! God help us parenting is much tougher these days!

I have had enough of helps for now! I also between jobs so it's tough on us all if you get me! No one can understand why I'm not looking for a replacement! Half the time everyone* is complaining* about the state of the house but as long as I'm not adding shouting at Bose or Caro or worrying about whether they're feeding my son properly to my issues lemme manage myself for now!

I feel you mama!.
Sometimes the peace and quiet of not having to shout at anyone is priceless. Even if you are staring at a large pile of unwashed clothes and plates with the house looking like it got hit by a Tornado.

I do not understand why it is so hard to find good help! Especially now that most are paid. And the ones that misbehave are usually well treated.

My plan is to train my kids to clean up after themselves, and do the housework, because after more than 10 yrs of living on my own and doing everything myself i do not know how a live in help will work for me.

May be my thought process will change when i have more kids. But its always complaint upon complaint i hear from people who have helps. So is the help really helping.

For now, I rather live in an untidy house and be mentally ok and healthy. Than have a spotless home but develope high blood pressure and become a paranoid mess.

God help us.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:01am On Jul 06, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

I feel you mama!.
Sometimes the peace and quiet of not having to shout at anyone is priceless. Even if you are staring at a large pile of unwashed clothes and plates with the house looking like it got hit by a Tornado.

I do not understand why it is so hard to find good help! Especially now that most are paid. And the ones that misbehave are usually well treated.

My plan is to train my kids to clean up after themselves, and do the housework, because after more than 10 yrs of living on my own and doing everything myself i do not know how a live in help will work for me.

May be my thought process will change when i have more kids. But its always complaint upon complaint i hear from people who have helps. So is the help really helping.

For now, I rather live in an untidy house and be mentally ok and healthy. Than have a spotless home but develope high blood pressure and become a paranoid mess.

God help us.

I'm glad you at least can see my point of view! The Irony is that sometimes even with a standard help the house isn't up to scratch anyway!

It must be the general orientation around these parts that add to the nonsense these helps spew out! Many don't see it as a "job" but erroneously see it as doing you a favour! Especially because they also realize we working mums are mostly desperate as regards child care! I recall one thread here where a mama complained that her nanny was leaving her house to fraternize with neighbours and she didn't like it. Many commenters felt what's the big deal shouldn't she talk to others and socialize etc etc! After I commented that the nanny was at her place of work and not there for social reasons many of them backed off! So again you see the dilemma here, many just don't see it for what it is!!! Our casual way of fraternizing with them (which is more or less inevitable too) also adds to the general misbehaviors they exhibit.

I know if electricity where more constant in naija we would do away with helps! We go just cook and stock the freezer for a month, Use microwave when you get back from work or outings, you can iron on the go, vaccum and use washing machine daily etc etc

This too shall pass jare

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 10:12am On Jul 06, 2017
XX01, I really feel for our children, mine is in the creche and what can i do? I pray God protects them when we are not there. Thanks for sharing your experience sis. Its a harrowing experience to say the least, but one thing i am thankful about is that it didn't happen for a long while and he is fine now. Blowing him kisses.

I would suggest you take few weeks off to be with him. In your caring arms, I he will begin to be his normal self just like b4. Also, creche (search for very good ones, ask for referrals, the good ones will keep coming up) looks like a better option for now in case you need to work and MIL isn't available. Thank God it ended well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 10:30am On Jul 06, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

I feel you mama!.

God help us.

Hmnnn, househelp wahala na real wah

For my own house cleaning, I got someone who only does the cleaning twice a month since its just me, hubby and baby. I use washing machine for some clothes and hubby dispatches the rest to the dry cleaner. This works for me presently. I think this option is better for families with lesser chores and one or two children

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:56am On Jul 06, 2017
Thank God for "nosy" neighbours, Thank God your son is getting better and thank God you have the option of restructuring. This is the fear that makes me take my son to creche even though I have a live in nanny. May God continue to keep our Los

jazzyjazz pele oh, hope Ilan gets well soon

XX01:
Thanks all for the support. It's been very traumatizing for me because I had no clue. I don't know why I felt so comfortable with her. I have been asking myself hard questions. A mum should usually have intuition about stuff like this but nothing. I keep remembering all the times I dismissed my husband's fears as nit-picking because he didn't want a live in nanny.

My first son that is usually quite vocal is now more withdrawn. How did I not see the signs? I have now restructured my business such that I don't have to be making that long journey. Taking a baby in traffic for almost 3 hrs is not a good idea.

God will continue to help our LOs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 10:57am On Jul 06, 2017
Morning mothers

My menstruation came just one month after delivery (cs)

Should I worry? angry angry angry angry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:01am On Jul 06, 2017
If you're not doing exclusive then it can happen. However has your lochia stopped? If not it could be lochia and if it is, it means you've been stressing yourself and are not allowing yourself to heal. You need to take it easy oh, no strenous activities or excessive bending, CS is a major surgery

ftmum:
Morning mothers

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 11:02am On Jul 06, 2017
olubankemi:
She has been found! Details later. Just help me thank God.

Glory be to God

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 11:15am On Jul 06, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:52am On Jul 06, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Thank God for "nosy" neighbours, Thank God your son is getting better and thank God you have the option of restructuring. This is the fear that makes me take my son to creche even though I have a live in nanny. May God continue to keep our Los

jazzyjazz pele oh, hope Ilan gets well soon

Amen o my sister.
We're still in the hospital and I'm told they might admit him. He still has a fever and temperature is still 38.8.
May God really keep our Los. It's not easy at all!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
ijeoma2728:

It's not free, about 18k .its given twice.i'll try and verify. Are you a Benin momma cool

pls at what month(s) should a child take this vaccine?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
jazzyjazz:
XX01
Wow! Thank God your son is recovering. May God continually protect our babies for us o.
Please try to move past it. Some maids are like that. No matter what you do, they will still be mean to your kids.
Na to show them pepper sure pass now o. Atleast, they will fear you and do the right thing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2017
[quote author=zimunachimdi post=58180378]

pls at what month(s) should a child take this vaccine?
[/quote

1 year]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Amen o my sister.
We're still in the hospital and I'm told they might admit him. He still has a fever and temperature is still 38.8.
May God really keep our Los. It's not easy at all!

Did they tell you what's wrong with him? Did they run some tests? Is it that bad that it requires been admitted? Is he pooing watery poop, loss of appetite, weak, vomiting? Can't injection and drugs help?

He's healed dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:22pm On Jul 06, 2017
babythug:

I'm glad you at least can see my point of view! The Irony is that sometimes even with a standard help the house isn't up to scratch anyway!

It must be the general orientation around these parts that add to the nonsense these helps spew out! Many don't see it as a "job" but erroneously see it as doing you a favour! Especially because they also realize we working mums are mostly desperate as regards child care! I recall one thread here where a mama complained that her nanny was leaving her house to fraternize with neighbours and she didn't like it. Many commenters felt what's the big deal shouldn't she talk to others and socialize etc etc! After I commented that the nanny was at her place of work and not there for social reasons many of them backed off! So again you see the dilemma here, many just don't see it for what it is!!! Our casual way of fraternizing with them (which is more or less inevitable too) also adds to the general misbehaviors they exhibit.

I know if electricity where more constant in naija we would do away with helps! We go just cook and stock the freezer for a month, Use microwave when you get back from work or outings, you can iron on the go, vaccum and use washing machine daily etc etc

This too shall pass jare
I noticed this, even if you say 'my nanny cut my baby in pieces and cooked her for dinner' you would see foolish people coming to say 'child labour' and 'were you treating her well'. So if you don't treat a grown women well, instead of her to quit or fight you sef, she's allowed to resort to maltreating a baby in return. And what's scary is that more than half the commenters reason this way, we might just have a 50% mentally unstable population in Nigeria. Meanwhile it's usually the best treated nannies that pull the most wicked crap.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
Benignasweety:
Na to show them pepper sure pass now o. Atleast, they will fear you and do the right thing.

Lie lie, if you show them pepper, they'll do eye-service right thing and wait for the perfect time to do what dy want. I trust my help never reach to leave my pikin for am commot. The day I tried it, came back and she was giving my daughter cold satchel water(asin ice block cold). My dd wey get cough, person wey dy see me dy look for soln for her cough. My DD water was there oooo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
ftmum:
Morning mothers

No worries at all! It happens to many women. Thing is it will be very heavy with clots and may flow for longer days! So just stuck up on plenty pads and watch your back often cos you may very likely stain easily.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
See ehn, without even asking if said nanny is a child one keyboard Judge Judy has reached here to be talking trash already this morning. As far as I'm concerned it's because the voltrons are as evil s the useless nannies and they have justified wickedness to children in their twisted minds

Giddyperson:

I noticed this, even if you say 'my nanny cut my baby in pieces and cooked her for dinner' you would see foolish people coming to say 'child labour' and 'were you treating her well'. So if you don't treat a grown women well, instead of her to quit or fight you sef, she's allowed to resort to maltreating a baby in return. And what's scary is that more than half the commenters reason this way, we might just have a 50% mentally unstable population in Nigeria. Meanwhile it's usually the best treated nannies that pull the most wicked crap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
Roseval so sorry I didn't see your mention on time! Fret not your boy will craw or just skip it and walk . Encourage him by putting toys out of his reach so he Can move to them himself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2017
ftmum:
Morning mothers

And am here still expelling lochia cry

For my previous pregnancy it came after one month but I thought it was cuz I wasn't breastfeeding after I lost the child.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2017
[quote author=ijeoma2728 post=58180513][/quote]

we have not taken it though we have our finally immunization at 1yr and 3 months.
thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
Mums,especially working mothers let us endeavour to put cctv around the house and let the nannies be aware that there are cameras. We have to protect the little ones that God has put in our care. No one,absolutely no one can be trusted not even relatives,our children can't defend themselves. Also,there are creches with cctv that live stream,you can look into that as well. There is no price to large to pay for protecting our children and for our piece of mind.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
Xx01 please give your baby a kiss and hug for me! Im just imagining what the lil man may have been through! May God watch over our kids and deliver them from evil nannies.

My own help pinches my son to the point of leaving a wound and if I ask how he got it she will say he fell! But I know the difference' moreover I don't see any fresh injury on weekends that they are not alone.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Lie lie, if you show them pepper, they'll do eye-service right thing and wait for the perfect time to do what dy want. I trust my help never reach to leave my pikin for am commot. The day I tried it, came back and she was giving my daughter cold satchel water(asin ice block cold). My dd wey get cough, person wey dy see me dy look for soln for her cough. My DD water was there oooo.

Chineke nna...
Then all helps are cursed with the spirit of wickedness.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2017
xx01,thank God you found out.
may God give you the Grace to nurture your children.
Apart from creche, you might consider having a relative live with you.

jazzyjazz,quick recovery to your son

lightedhands,kedu ije?thought about you the other day
how is ekene bobo??

all mamas I hail ooo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hordmax: 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2017
Urm, Ermm. . Err. . It's like I've landed myself on a wrong thread again, heh. undecided embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Did they tell you what's wrong with him? Did they run some tests? Is it that bad that it requires been admitted? Is he pooing watery poop, loss of appetite, weak, vomiting? Can't injection and drugs help?

He's healed dear.
Admission is best so baby can be properly monitored​ and parents have a bit of relief knowing third Ward is in expert hands.

Jazzyjazz he will be fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
Benignasweety:
Chineke nna...
Then all helps are cursed with the spirit of wickedness.

I believe some don't know what they do while some purposely do it. By September my dd will start school but my mind is not at rest was suggesting 2years but dh refused. We'll just keep praying to God to protect them for us.

Liftedhands:
Admission is best so baby can be properly monitored​ and parents have a bit of relief knowing third Ward is in expert hands.

Jazzyjazz he will be fine.

No problem ma, maybe because I've phobia for hospitals especially been admitted.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 12:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
hunniesuzie:
If you're not doing exclusive then it can happen. However has your lochia stopped? If not it could be lochia and if it is, it means you've been stressing yourself and are not allowing yourself to heal. You need to take it easy oh, no strenous activities or excessive bending, CS is a major surgery

Thanks mumsy...... The lochia has stopped around 4weeks. Have been on ebf. Well you could be right, it could be stress cos I have no one with me not until last week before I got someone to com help me out. It could also be excessive bending like you say.

(1) (2) (3) ... (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.